Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clemont's Got A Secret (812)

Magneton's been doing the split up thing in like every 3D game, including XY now. So I'm not surprised to finally see it in the anime.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

That Magneton split was ideed cool. And Dragon Tail's animation was realy pretty with those scales.
    I'm a Christian and I have autism. Both makes people special. Does this mean I'm double special? The answer is ''No'' because everyone is equally special.

And this Future seems to be a Wild one
    Claimed Scyther

Thanks to Chapter of Charizard for the Button

Getting curious what those letters in the button stand for? Find the introduction of the PASBL here

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
    The notion that one's maturity is desided by what they enjoy is steeped in immaturity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Arceus gave zero ****s that day...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    First, should Serena be able to take down a higher level Pokémon when she hasn't even had a proper battle? If this continues then I'll agree, but it's still early.
    It's not taking out a Pokemon, it's just having Fennekin hit with Ember to give them enough time to escape. Froakie's Mousse took them both down in one hit and it doesn't have much experience at all either, it has nothing to do with Serena's skills but it does have something to do with Serena actually being able to take care of herself for once.

It's a prime example of Ash shilling and it does bother me, I don't think it's good for Serena's character at all. She's a pretty rad chick personality wise and I hope she isn't made into Ash's self-insert shojo character.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    It's not taking out a Pokemon, it's just having Fennekin hit with Ember to give them enough time to escape. Froakie's Mousse took them both down in one hit and it doesn't have much experience at all either, it has nothing to do with Serena's skills but it does have something to do with Serena actually being able to take care of herself for once.

It's a prime example of Ash shilling and it does bother me, I don't think it's good for Serena's character at all. She's a pretty rad chick personality wise and I hope she isn't made into Ash's self-insert shojo character.
    To be fair Froakie has far more experience than Fennekin, seeing as how it had multiple trainers and was not from the same batch as Serena's Fennekin as Serena was allowed to choose a Froakie, even though Ash was with his at the time Serena was choosing her starter (around the same time anyway).

Besides as you mentioned, it was about avoiding the Magneton, it's not like Fennekin really failed, just Ash took over, because he was done with Magnemite, and it would've been faster for Froakie to use Frubbles than for Serena to find a way to hit Magneton.

I'm sure Serena will get her chance to battle eventually.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It wasn't like Fennekin fainted and Ash had to take over lol. Ash just butted in where he didn't belong. I'm sure Fennekin would of got a hit otherwise.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

They were in a rush so I can forgive Ash wanting to take out the Megneton quickly, but I WILL take issue with it if this knd of thing persists and Serena gets no moments for herself.

I would like to remember you May's Torchic. It was just as useless.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    They were in a rush so I can forgive Ash wanting to take out the Megneton quickly, but I WILL take issue with it if this knd of thing persists and Serena gets no moments for herself.
    What people should be being worried with is the rampant fodderization of evolved pokemon. If this persists then XY's battles will lose all legitamacy. Just wait for the day when fennekin uses ember to OHKO a blastoise or something because the plot feels like it.

Saw the episode. Marvelous! I really can't believe the animation that was put into the Clemont/Citroid battle! Makes me wanna look forward to more of XY's battles in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Right, and I don't enjoy watching characters who have little to nothing to do but praise another character endlessly.
    This...so much this.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    This...so much this.
    The characters-praising-each-other-endlessly thing has been around since the start of, what, AG, maybe earlier? I'm not seeing how that's now a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    The characters-praising-each-other-endlessly thing has been around since the start of, what, AG, maybe earlier? I'm not seeing how that's now a problem.
    Hence why OS is my favorite saga! lol.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Hence why OS is my favorite saga! lol.
    Every saga is tied as my favorite (even BW had some appealing moments for me if I'm in the mood), but yes, OS is where nostalgia comes from.

Anyway, I sense major epicness from Ash and Clemont's inevitable Gym battle. Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    It wasn't like Fennekin fainted and Ash had to take over lol. Ash just butted in where he didn't belong. I'm sure Fennekin would of got a hit otherwise.
    Come on be realistic.

There was no time for Serena to think of a way to hit Magneton

Besides the scene could be interpreted as Ash protecting his friends, more than trying to take glory for immobilizing Magneton.

It was a "battle" of sorts, you just don't stop just because someone else is fighting.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Come on be realistic.

There was no time for Serena to think of a way to hit Magneton

Besides the scene could be interpreted as Ash protecting his friends, more than trying to take glory for immobilizing Magneton.

It was a "battle" of sorts, you just don't stop just because someone else is fighting.
    I would also like to add that Magneton shot an Electric-type attack at Serena, Ash saw it in time, and had Pikachu intercept it and save her. Then, Pikachu took out the threat quickly before it could do anything further. In my opinion, that Magneton looked fast enough to launch an attack within seconds of the last one.

And the trend of people complaining about how a character is useless or inexperienced, at the very beginning of a saga, continues.

1. Serena and Fennekin are new at this. She's not even how Ash was when he was new. Eating and breathing everything that had to do with Pokemon, this Pokemon trainer business is entirely new to her.

2. As someone already mentioned, I remember May's Torchic not being exactly great at first either, and then after being in some battles, it eventually evolved into an awesome Blaziken.

3. If Serena and Fennekin had started owning every Pokemon at the very beginning, despite the fact that they are both extremely new to battling, then people would complain that it was unrealistic and there's no reason why Serena should be this good this early in the season.

4. We're up to episode 9 out of a season that will last at least 100 episodes. Not sure why people are expecting so much, so soon. I like a little character development (and hope to see a bit of it in XY), instead of them just staying the same the whole journey. If we get up to episode 50 and there's still no sign of progression, then I could understand the complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by MartiniTheDratini View Post
    1. Serena and Fennekin are new at this. She's not even how Ash was when he was new. Eating and breathing everything that had to do with Pokemon, this Pokemon trainer business is entirely new to her.
    She knows Pokemon, she Rhyhorn riding trained every day, she has a Fletchling in her household, she pre-picked her starter from the bunch and had her one in mind and ready to choose before she made it to the Sycamore laboratory. Pokemon aren't these foreign creatures to her and shouldn't be used as justification for Ash shilling. The point that's being missed here is it takes no amazing skill or tactician-like thinking for a Fennekin's Ember to hit a Magneton. But yet Froakie's Mousse was allowed to nail both its targets, the writers just wrote Serena's Fennekin as useless in that scene.
    2. As someone already mentioned, I remember May's Torchic not being exactly great at first either, and then after being in some battles, it eventually evolved into an awesome Blaziken.
    Try a whole series, but like I said Torchic and Fennekin can't be compared. It's not a full on battle, even Torchic could execute and hit targets correctly. And Fennekin isn't nearly as useless as Torchic, Torchic would have comedic crying scenes and general weak-ish mannerisms. Signaling that one of its flaws was its lack of assertiveness and this was addressed in its evolution episode, Fennekin is not being portrayed as that. Fennekin isn't afraid and is eager to battle, when Serena was in danger it defended her against a Vespiquen. It's clearly not treated as a flaw that will need to be addressed, I'm just talking about the scene in this episode and the unnecessary Ash shilling and how Fennekin should have put Magneton away on its own. Like, what was the point in having Froakie and Ash step in? What did it do besides make Ash look cool? You're not hearing me on what I mean.
    3. If Serena and Fennekin had started owning every Pokemon at the very beginning, despite the fact that they are both extremely new to battling, then people would complain that it was unrealistic and there's no reason why Serena should be this good this early in the season.
    I'm not asking for that, my point went over your head.

4. We're up to episode 9 out of a season that will last at least 100 episodes. Not sure why people are expecting so much, so soon. I like a little character development (and hope to see a bit of it in XY), instead of them just staying the same the whole journey. If we get up to episode 50 and there's still no sign of progression, then I could understand the complaints.
    I'm not complaining, I just dislike character shilling and other characters being thrown through mud for it. Especially Serena who already receives a large amount of criticism herself, not just on Serebii, for being too connected to Ash to the point of "waifu" quality. I just don't want Serena to be known as the girl who needed Ash to help her out whenever she's in a pint a large amount of the time, because her character can and should be so much more than what she's criticized for. She's good personality wise at times but the fact she's made inept at times when around Ash does bother me. That's all.

I doubt it'll keep up the whole series, after all she did show an interest in battling in the Rhyhorn episode. Hopefully she adds an Espurr to her arsenal :P I can't wait to see Fennekin get its first battle, Froakie is getting its first against Sylveon and made Chespin's can be against Pancham...? That'd be awesome if they could all grow together or something like that, ala Sinnoh Trio from Pokespe-style XD
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 7th December 2013 at 5:05 AM.

That's ridiculous. She knows Pokemon, she Rhyhorn riding trained every day, she has a Fletchling in her household, she pre-picked her starter from the bunch and had her one in mind and ready to choose before she made it to the Sycamore laboratory. Pokemon aren't these foreign creatures to her and shouldn't be used as justification for Ash shilling. The point that's being missed here is it takes no amazing skill or tactician-like thinking for a Fennekin's Ember to hit a Magneton. But yet Froakie's Mousse was allowed to nail both its targets, the writers just wrote Serena's Fennekin as useless in that scene.

Try a whole series, but like I said Torchic and Fennekin can't be compared. It's not a full on battle, even Torchic could execute and hit targets correctly. And Fennekin isn't nearly as useless as Torchic, Torchic would have comedic crying scenes and general weak-ish mannerisms. Signaling that one of its flaws was its lack of assertiveness and this was addressed in its evolution episode, Fennekin is not being portrayed as that. Fennekin isn't afraid and is eager to battle, when Serena was in danger it defended her against a Vespiquen. It's clearly not treated as a flaw that will need to be addressed, I'm just talking about the scene in this episode and the unnecessary Ash shilling and how Fennekin should have put Magneton away on its own. Like, what was the point in having Froakie and Ash step in? What did it do besides make Ash look cool?
    I'm not asking for that, my point went over your head.

I'm not complaining, I just dislike character shilling and other characters being thrown through mud for it. Especially Serena who already receives a large amount of criticism herself, not just on Serebii, for being too connected to Ash to the point of "waifu" quality.
    Magneton caught Fennekin by surprise by dodging suddenly. Froakie caught Magneton by surprise after that. Froakie didn't beat Magneton in a one-on-one battle. Pikachu used T-bolt to stop Magneton and Froakie attacked afterwards. Fennekin didn't MISS the attack. Magneton dodged it.

I am not denying the character shilling or anything (I agree with you there), but I think you are over-analyzing the little scene in the process of making a point here. It's nice to prove your point, but you think Fennekin's ember missing is Serena being weak, but no. It's Magneton being strong.

Something is wrong if Magneton falls to Fennekin so easily. But at the same time, I am not saying Froakie deserves the win either. Froakie caught Magneton by surprise there. I recommend you to watch the scene without over-analyzing it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    What bothered me about it is, when in the anime has a Magneton ever been shown to split apart like that? It came off as a contrivance just to justify Fennekin not even hitting it. If Magneton just dodged it, that would be one thing, but the splitting apart came out of nowhere. I wonder if we're even going to see it again.
    It could be seen if it's used against Ash. Maybe the writers decided to incorporate the information from the dex (three magnemites join to form a magneton). Did we ever see a Magnemite evolving in the anime? Then again, it is a convenient excuse for Ash to save the day.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 7th December 2013 at 5:16 AM.

<--My tumblr

\

What bothered me about it is, when in the anime has a Magneton ever been shown to split apart like that? It came off as a contrivance just to justify Fennekin not even hitting it. If Magneton just dodged it, that would be one thing, but the splitting apart came out of nowhere. I wonder if we're even going to see it again.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Magneton caught Fennekin by surprise by dodging suddenly. Froakie caught Magneton by surprise after that. Froakie didn't beat Magneton in a one-on-one battle. Pikachu used T-bolt to stop Magneton and Froakie attacked afterwards. Fennekin didn't MISS the attack. Magneton dodged it.

I am not denying the character shilling or anything (I agree with you there), but I think you are over-analyzing the little scene in the process of making a point here. It's nice to prove your point, but you think Fennekin's ember missing is Serena being weak, but no. It's Magneton being strong.

Something is wrong if Magneton falls to Fennekin so easily. But at the same time, I am not saying Froakie deserves the win either. Froakie caught Magneton by surprise there. I recommend you to watch the scene without over-analyzing it this time.
    Well, I'm probably just a bit stung over Fennekin getting kidnapped, Bonnie not getting to do anything(Her Dedenne happened to be asleep) and Clemont not getting to step in earlier on in last week's episode in addition to Jenny getting sidelined easily also so Ash could ultimately overcome the odds and be the big hero once again despite having a great gym battle two-parter only recently. But I agree, Fennekin's case can be portrayed as a place of showing off a game characteristic of Magneton for the moment. So it's not something worth crying over for too long.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 7th December 2013 at 5:24 AM.

I like how people only care about fennekin and not the absurdity of a pile of foam one shotting a pokemon with sturdy.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    I like how people only care about fennekin and not the absurdity of a pile of foam one shotting a pokemon with sturdy.
    Plot armor, it shouldn't be taken as a real measurement of Froakie or Magneton/Magenmite's fighting prowess.

Well, I'm probably just a bit stung over Fennekin getting kidnapped, Bonnie not getting to do anything(Her Dedenne happened to be asleep) and Clemont not getting to step in earlier on in last week's episode also so Ash could ultimately overcome the odds and be the big hero once again despite having a great gym battle two-parter only recently. But I agree, Fennekin's case can be portrayed as a place of showing off a game characteristic of Magneton for the moment. So it's not something worth crying over for too long.
    I am irked by that too (Fennekin being helpless part). Fennekin ADORES her trainer (References: Episode 7, baking macarons. Episode 8, her reaction when Serena brings her out), and seems to push herself for anything Serena asks. She's like an extremely loyal dog that wants it's trainer's attention. Fennekin is one of those minor characters I adore so much. Her trainer needs to develop a bit more to understand Fennekin's feelings. If Serena grows in that way, it'll be nice to see her acknowledging Fennekin. Because the poor thing likes her trainer very much and wants to be used by her.

I personally think Serena bothering to use Fennekin is development from her apart. Maybe she is learning to stand on her own feet and use her own Pokemon instead of watching Ash. I say this episode's Serena was an improvement from last episode's.

The foam has sticky properties that could perhaps trouble electric Pokemon. Remember how Froakie survived a Mirror coated Electro ball? t's not absurd, it's anime logic.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 7th December 2013 at 5:31 AM.

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post

The foam has sticky properties that could perhaps trouble electric Pokemon. Remember how Froakie survived a Mirror coated Electro ball? t's not absurd, it's anime logic.
    IT'S. FOAM.

It doesn't matter if it conducts electricity or contains poison because A. Magneton showed no signs of pain before fainting, and two poison types are not affected by such organic impurities. This gives thunder armor some serious competition.

IT'S. FOAM.

It doesn't matter if it conducts electricity or contains poison because A. Magneton showed no signs of pain before fainting, and two poison types are not affected by such organic impurities. This gives thunder armor some serious competition.
    Magneton works on electronmagentism!! That foam has probably short-circuited its circuit. If electricity doesn't pass properly, the magnetism fails. Magneton fails.

<--My tumblr

\

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast