Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega-Mega Meowth Madness! (813)

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Well, that's what happens when you basically show no sign of her having any goal besides being ash's waifu, bonnie's big sister, and cooking macarons.
    I just have one word for you that not a lot of people on here seem to exhibit: Patience

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode quite a lot. Some highlights:
    - Eureka and Serena doing the motto. I especially liked Eureka's poses xD
    - When James pulled out the tape and him and Jesse jumped in the truck and it began to shake with Serena and Eureka's protests
    - When TR were reciting their mottos and Satoshi and Citron used it to their advantage to untie the others
    - How the professor was impressed with TR's machine and Citron was fangirling over it lol
    - Dedenne kept falling asleep haha
    - When Citron jumped and rescued Chespin. I love this side to Citron.
    - Gluttonous Chespin sharing the macarons. How cute.

Overall, I give this episode a 8/10

I am so excited for next week since Pancham is one of my favourite gen six pokemon. Can't wait!
    Last edited by Sephora; 12th December 2013 at 4:18 PM.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Going into this episode, I was expecting to be disappointed because I figured Mega Blaziken will steal Chespin's thunder, but that is not what happened. Chespin was great. Personality wise I like it more then Froakie and Fennekin. It's cry is cute, it is cute, and I enjoyed it running around after it's Macaroons. The team of Clemont and Chespin was enjoyable, I especially love their smug faces when they unplugged the Mega Mega Meowth robot. You shine those glasses Clemont. Mega Blaziken didn't get a lot of screentime which I admit had me surprised. I wonder why Clemont's dad dresses up and fights crime with Blaziken? I wonder when they'll explain it, if they didn't in this episode.

I enjoyed nearly everything about this episode despite the fact that we're back in Lumiose City for the tenth time. I know you backtrack to Lumiose many times but wow. Serena and Bonnie getting captured was actually done in a comical fashion rather then a damsel in distress way. I had a good laugh at them apparently doing Team Rocket's motto wrong, Serena's reaction face to that and Bonnie doing her epic Power Ranger poses. The girls did not disappoint today. This is one of the few times I actually enjoyed Team Rocket. Meowth's form of torture gave me another laugh for the morning. Overall this was a fun episodes. I enjoyed everyone in this episode, even the characters I normally ignore were likable here, Clemont gets Chespin and I couldn't be happier and XY continues to keep me in the anime fanbase. Bravo XY anime.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Is this the first time Team Rocket deliberately kidnaps a person?
    I thought TR kidnapped Brock once in the DP series. I'm not sure if it was planned or an accident though.

This episode was full with funny moments. Bonnie and Serena imitating the TR motto made my laugh.
    And Chespin is so cute. I kind of expected that it would join the group, but I'm still gratefull that it happened.
    The Megablaziken-man is now unmasked. And it shows the face of a proud father.
    This serie is just getting better. I'm looking foreward to the next episode ^^
    Last edited by Pink Harzard; 12th December 2013 at 5:29 PM.

Currently in Hoenn.
    Claimed Scyther

Thanks to Chapter of Charizard for the Button
    PASBL explained ~ WF ~ Incoming absence alert
    Coming next year in the fanfic section:

Thank you Astral Shadow for the Banner

So who wants to bet that Clemont will find out his dad is the Mega Blaziken man at some point in a hilarious fashion?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I have to admit that it makes Ash look weak if he has this much trouble defeating Team Rocket without the Blaziken Man's help. They are not exactly the most competent villains around, so there is no excuse why Ash can't wreck their mechas in seconds by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegiscalibur View Post
    I have to admit that it makes Ash look weak if he has this much trouble defeating Team Rocket without the Blaziken Man's help. They are not exactly the most competent villains around, so there is no excuse why Ash can't wreck their mechas in seconds by now.
    Ever heard of the term "Gary Stu". Just because Ash has beaten them many times, doesn't mean in 5 econds they ae beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Ever heard of the term "Gary Stu". Just because Ash has beaten them many times, doesn't mean in 5 econds they ae beaten.
    They aren't beaten in 5 seconds, but they should be. And they would be if Ash kept his head in the game.

No, but they should be. And they would be if Ash kept his head in the game.
    Just because some people thinks they should one shotted, don't mean everyone wants that.

Considering the complete beating he gave TR in a regular Pokemon battle a couple of episodes ago, I don't think it's really necessary for him to be glorified every time there's a TR encounter. Give other folks a shot.

They aren't beaten in 5 seconds, but they should be. And they would be if Ash kept his head in the game.
    It's merely the, "Ash is in a new region so let's make him a noob again" syndrome. It'll pass, and then it will come back again at the end of the region
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/xy/813/DP342.jpg

NEVER.

EVER.

LET.

THIS CHESPIN.

EVOLVE.

ITS.

SO.

GODDAMNFREAKENADORABLEIJUST WANNA SQUEL!

ksldlkfsdklfsldflksjdfklsdlkfsdlkfsdkl

ALso, there have always been those episodes that Ash had trouble with team rocket.
    In DP, AG, OS, and in johto. Theres always been a few times where he required help.
    Last edited by EmphaticPikachu; 12th December 2013 at 6:50 PM.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

They clearly wanted to showcase Limone and his Mega-Blaziken. How could they have done that if Ash defeats TR so easily/quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    They clearly wanted to showcase Limone and his Mega-Blaziken. How could they have done that if Ash defeats TR so easily/quickly?
    My point exactly. They showed Ash as weak to promote Limone.

No, Ash isn't this badass character just becuase he's been to five regions, he's not weak and they didn't show him weak.

Or we can accept that maybe Team Rocket finally learned from their mistakes and made a competent robot whose weakness is fire. Going against the robot was more or less like going against a big steel type pokemon (a Metagross?).
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

I agree with what you are saying about promoting but I don't think they showed Ash as "weak" exactly. Rather, they just wanted to portray Mega Pokemon to be very strong compared to regular pokemon. Doesn't necessarily make Ash weak though.
    Last edited by Sephora; 12th December 2013 at 7:07 PM.

After seeing this episode I have come to the most logical conclusion about a particular character.

SERENA IS A WITCH.

There is no way that one basket of macarons can go through that entire episode and still be full at the end. The only explanation for this blatant defiance of conservation of mass is that Serena is a witch. Which would also explain a lot about her and Satoshi. The reason Satoshi never remembered her in the beginning of XY is because he never met her at summer camp, Serena just used her witchcraft to implant the false memory in his head to make him think they actually shared a moment together. Not to mention she also has a starter based off of witches. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

All in all I would say this was the first episode of XY that could be considered good if it didn't have the new animation style. Harimaron has by far the best personality of any starter and it was so heartbreaking to see him go to a sidekick who will just end up being shafted and forgotten once Satoshi's gym quest kicks into gear. It expressed more emotions in the first 10 minutes of this episode than Keromatsu and Fokko did in all 10 episodes combined. And then there's his really really amazing tendency to go all ninja. First he stole the basket of macarons that was bigger than himself IN PLAIN SIGHT, and then made the best baby doll eyes of any pokemon in existence. He also pulled off his sneaky skills of ninja again when Eureka had the bright idea of sneaking into the truck. Epic fail at the TRio motto impression by the way. But we all know that Serena only let herself be tied up. If Serena wanted to all she had to do to end the episode now was to just curse Team Rocket and turn them all into Palpitoads.

And we have Ninja Harimaron doing the Ninja art of Ninja Table climbing, complete with the secret ninja art of falling like a ninja onto a soft bed of cans with the force of a ninja. He also uses the super secret ninja art of letting TRio know that a ninja has a arrived on the scene. Satoshi and Citron bursts in and finally had the great idea to do something rather than stand still during the motto. It took almost 20 years, but they've finally done it. Mega meowth was just like any other TRio mecha over the years nothing to see here. We see Harimaron going after the most important macguffin of this episode, the enchanted macaron basket. Citron rescues the ninja from being crushed woth some magic help from his magical sidekick. Harimaron uses power cord observation no jutsu to determine the weak point of the mecha and makes a beeline for it, saving Satoshi's life in the process. Not to be deterred, Harimaron uses his tenacity to hold off the bot until Mega Bursyamo drops down onto the stage with all the force of a Deux ex Machina, destroying the bot in the process. Which sort of invalidates the entire second half of the episode. BUT IT WAS WORTH IT BECAUSE NINJA HARIMARON.

The episode ends on a slight downer for those of us watching the show, but at least Harimaron's dreams and innocence are still intact.

tl;DR

SERENA IS A WITCH. HARIMARON IS A NINJA.

You know I have to wonder.

Why give Clemont Chespin?

I just don't get it.

Why not give Serena Chespin, and give Clemont Fennekin?

Clemont and Chespin just don't mix well, it's awkward just thinking of it. Even seeing them together, it doesn't look right to me.

I just don't know why the writers thought Clemont and Chespin fit together.

I mean could it simply be: We want to give Serena the most obvious starter, we plan on giving Ash only Froakie and not the grass starter this time around, was Clemont and Chespin just "Well Clemont doesn't have a starter might as well give him Chespin since we aren't giving it to Ash or Serena."

It's always going to look awkward, but oh well.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

^Uuuuuh...

LOL?
    Damnit dman. ;/ninjaed by someone.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    You know I have to wonder.

Why give Clemont Chespin?

I just don't get it.

Why not give Serena Chespin, and give Clemont Fennekin?

Clemont and Chespin just don't mix well, it's awkward just thinking of it. Even seeing them together, it doesn't look right to me.

I just don't know why the writers thought Clemont and Chespin fit together.

I mean could it simply be: We want to give Serena the most obvious starter, we plan on giving Ash only Froakie and not the grass starter this time around, was Clemont and Chespin just "Well Clemont doesn't have a starter might as well give him Chespin since we aren't giving it to Ash or Serena."
    It's always going to look awkward, but oh well.
    Maybe you should wait and see why. how are they akward? And you don't know. Even if it was

Ash: Chespin
    Serena: Froakie
    Clemont: Fennikin

It's no better than AG or DP. i think their choices fit them well, we just need patince to see why they do.
    Last edited by Hero of Ideals; 12th December 2013 at 7:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    After seeing this episode I have come to the most logical conclusion about a particular character.

SERENA IS A WITCH.
    When I first saw this, I thought you meant the inappropriate kind of witch, lol

Anyway, did anyone else half-expect Clemont to go gaga over the Mecha Meowth? I mean, I speculated that he would at least admire Team Rocket's machines, but seeing Clemont's reaction really caught me off guard in a good way
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    When I first saw this, I thought you meant the inappropriate kind of witch, lol

Anyway, did anyone else half-expect Clemont to go gaga over the Mecha Meowth? I mean, I speculated that he would at least admire Team Rocket's machines, but seeing Clemont's reaction really caught me off guard in a good way
    I think alot of people were waiting for that.
    Last edited by Hero of Ideals; 12th December 2013 at 7:52 PM.

Chespin suits Clemont because they both can't run ahahaha.................................no, I am serious. And they both are smart.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Yup, the Dare Da! segment pretty much confirmed Chespin's role in the series

I've just saw the images but ... did Serena said something to Clemont when he fanboy'd about Mega Mega Meowth? I hope so, I want them to interact more and more

Chespin rules!, I'm glad it didn't went to Ash, it would be screwed by Froakie and Pikachu with him, and having it in POTENTIAL lab episodes doesn't worth it either.

This episode confirms that Ash and Team Rocket are so washed out that are tiresome, Clemont was a highlight, Serena was a highlight, Bonnie was a highlight, Chespin was a highlight, the bottomless macaron basket was a highlight, even Dedenne sleeping was a highlight, Ash and Team Rocket were just ... there

Ahue,surprisingly, this is like my favorite episode yet.

The character interactions were great, and its great to see the main characters mocking the trio again.Gawd I missed that. Fjvjdjcjrdjcjtshchrhd

AND CHESPIN. THAT THING BETTER NEVER EVOLVE.
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast