Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mega-Mega Meowth Madness! (813)

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post

Chespin rules!, I'm glad it didn't went to Ash, it would be screwed by Froakie and Pikachu with him, and having it in POTENTIAL lab episodes doesn't worth it either.
    you don't know that. He could be the one screwing froakie.

And potential lab episode as opposed to being gone forever when the series ends somehow sounds worse to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Maybe you should wait and see why. how are they akward? And you don't know. Even if it was

Ash: Chespin
    Serena: Froakie
    Clemont: Fennikin

It's no better than AG or DP. i think their choices fit them well, we just need patince to see why they do.
    I'm not allowed to my opinion, why?

I don't care what other people think.

I think, I believe Clemont and Chespin are an awkward pairing that doesn't make sense other than Clemont had to get the last starter because no way in hell were Serena or Ash was going to.

That's all, I just said my opinion and left it as is. People can have their opinions, I can have mine.

And quite frankly questioning my opinion on its own rather than the content isn't exactly constructive here.

If you disagree, fine, but I don't know why it matters why I find them awkward, when you know the only way I can respond to that, is because it feels awkward and that's as far as I can say on the subject. I feel different than other people, I'm not you or anyone else, so I can't exactly express it so that you can understand how I feel.

I'm not saying Ash should have gotten Chespin, honestly it should've gone to Serena, but she got Fennekin instead. I just think Fennekin suits Clemont more, but whatever.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Yup, the Dare Da! segment pretty much confirmed Chespin's role in the series

I've just saw the images but ... did Serena said something to Clemont when he fanboy'd about Mega Mega Meowth? I hope so, I want them to interact more and more

Chespin rules!, I'm glad it didn't went to Ash, it would be screwed by Froakie and Pikachu with him, and having it in POTENTIAL lab episodes doesn't worth it either.

This episode confirms that Ash and Team Rocket are so washed out that are tiresome, Clemont was a highlight, Serena was a highlight, Bonnie was a highlight, Chespin was a highlight, the bottomless macaron basket was a highlight, even Dedenne sleeping was a highlight, Ash and Team Rocket were just ... there
    Lol! I totally missed that segment. I usually zone out when they do the "guess that Pokemon" thing with any season. I do recall a Buneary being a choice in the Bunnelby one though, but seriously this is funny! They actually have Piplup and Oshawott on Chespin's matching thing? I'm laughing so hard right now, that is priceless. Are they not even trying to hide it? Yet another smile and laugh this episode brings me! Thank you XY for making this day for me XD

Also, yeah Serena's basket of magical macaroons all in perfect condition. They remind me of the cupcakes from Pokemon amie. One thing I forgot to mention what I loved from the episode was when Chespin wanted to share with it's new friends/family aka the main cast. How cute.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    you don't know that. He could be the one screwing froakie.
    Which is exactly why I'm glad Ash didn't get Chespin. Now Froakie has even more of a chance to evolve
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Lol! I totally missed that segment. I usually zone out when they do the "guess that Pokemon" thing with any season. I do recall a Buneary being a choice in the Bunnelby one though, but seriously this is funny! They actually have Piplup and Oshawott on Chespin's matching thing? I'm laughing so hard right now, that is priceless. Are they not even trying to hide it? Yet another smile and laugh this episode brings me! Thank you XY for making this day for me XD

Also, yeah Serena's basket of magical macaroons all in perfect condition. They remind me of the cupcakes from Pokemon amie. One thing I forgot to mention what I loved from the episode was when Chespin wanted to share with it's new friends/family aka the main cast. How cute.
    I think you're overeacting, there is nothing they are trying to hide. Besides, once this hits the dub, we'll see a different Who's that Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post

All in all I would say this was the first episode of XY that could be considered good if it didn't have the new animation style.
    1: Is there something massively wrong with the animation that I'm not aware of? It's literally just BW reduced the sock backgrounds and a bit more character animation. I fail to see how this is a bad thing

2: So basically every XY episode is destined to be bad by default?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I think you're overeacting, there is nothing they are trying to hide. Besides, once this hits the dub, we'll see a different Who's that Pokemon.
    What? I'm not overreacting. I'm not even upset. You clearly misunderstood this. I found it amusing and a new highlight of the episode for me. The episode was enjoyable and possibly my new fave of XY :P
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I was kinda dissapointed by this episode.

I hope the Mega Evolution data Team Rocket downloaded comes into play later, it sucks that there is no plot relevancy for TRio or these mega evolutions. At least I have hope in the whole Limone being the Blaziken Mask thing because writers are definitely going somewhere with that.

This episode did have its good moments though. Chespin was cute and not annoying, Serena and Bonnie doing the motto, Ash and Clemont completely ignoring the motto, Serena being clever by dropping those sweets, etc. But I hated how useless Dedenne was, utterly useless. And I guess I wish Clemont and Chespin bonded a bit more. Oh well.

Not the best XY episode, but still decent.

Was this a Clemont episode or a Bonnie episode? Naturally I thought this was a Clemont-focused episode since he caught Chespin, but now I'm not too sure since Bonnie was featured in the title card
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Chespin enjoys battling and is real scrappy. Definitely battles more skillfully than Fokko

All Ash needs is to catch a pkmn that is oriented in Citron's mechanical invention interest and the stage is set...

Quote Originally Posted by Handle Name: Ak-48 View Post
    Chespin enjoys battling and is real scrappy. Definitely battles more skillfully than Fokko

All Ash needs is to catch a pkmn that is oriented in Citron's mechanical invention interest and the stage is set...
    also bonded with Clemont pretty well thus making the second sentence completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    also bonded with Clemont pretty well thus making the second sentence completely pointless.
    Not to mention, that Clemont has battled often in the series. I love Clemont and Chespin. They looked good together and worked well. I expect a lot of great moments from them.

So it looks like they're pulling another Hoenn where everyone gets one of the starters. I'm actually fine with Clemont getting the grass starter. I like that Ash isn't going to get all of them and I'd just have them focus more on his Froakie.
    3DS FC: 3711-7165-2684
    Normal type safari:

Message me if you want to battle

Currently seeking: level 1 male Modest , level 1 male Moxie ability that knows Zen Headbutt & Ice Punch, any pokemon with good egg moves and stats, shinies, ev trained pokemon

Offering: Pokerus, Froakie, Chespin, Fennekin, Tyrunt, Amaura, other pokemon, Blastoisinite, Gardevoirite, Venusaurite

Quote Originally Posted by Aegiscalibur View Post
    My point exactly. They showed Ash as weak to promote Limone.
    Why does Ash have to be shilled every episode? They showed Serena's Fennekin as incompetent last weak only to have Ash's Froakie step in and save the day.

This episode confirms that Ash and Team Rocket are so washed out that are tiresome, Clemont was a highlight, Serena was a highlight, Bonnie was a highlight, Chespin was a highlight, the bottomless macaron basket was a highlight, even Dedenne sleeping was a highlight, Ash and Team Rocket were just ... there
    Applause for this perfect post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Not to mention, that Clemont has battled often in the series. I love Clemont and Chespin. They looked good together and worked well. I expect a lot of great moments from them.
    Another amazing post. Clemont and Chespin looked great together, I agree and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Fun episode, not xtradionary, not bad. I have to give them props for once again giving me an episode I truly enjoyed, two factions of characters deserve these props. Lemon siblings(Bonnie/Clemont) and 2 and a half blondes(Bonnie/Clemont/Serena). If there's one thing I really like about the gang thus far, it's the character interactions they all have with one another. Serena, once again, I strongly feel does well when she isn't completely focused on Ash all the time.

Seeing the girls trying to save Sycamore on their own was great, they didn't get kidnapped at all, they just messed themselves up trying to save Sycamore's butt. The scenes they were together, they were great, I probably watched that Rocket motto high-jacking about 15 times. Bonnie doing those Super Sentai-like poses and reciting the motto was fantastic and it seemed like she was rushing through and stumbling at some points during the reciting, Serena reluctantly joins in(Um..S-Sekai!!) while adjusting her hat and proceeds to freeze up at what the heck she's doing once TR interrupt. XY heroines were great this episode. I hope Bonnie's Dedenne sleeping when she needs it doesn't become a running gag, I genuinely want to see Bonnie use Dedenne. She clearly doesn't mind trying to kick TR's asses when the chance is right in her face.

As usual Clemont manages to be great, jumping in to save Chespin like the badass can be, his interactions with it and commanding it were great and his usual amusing shiny glasses quirk. As for Chespin, I like the Pokemon a lot. Of course I'm partly biased because Chespin is my favorite of the XY starters in their base forms, seeing it being so gluttonous and doing everything it can for its food was adorable. Such a nice voice and the offering of that macaron to Clemont too. That self-important grin on both of their faces when they unplugged TR's silly robot made me smile, they work well together.

Pacing was a bit erratic at times, but nothing too bad. I do think overall, a Chespin capture could have been done much better without TR being the catalyst like it has been done in many other capture episodes. I did expect this episode to touch on the role of Mega Evolution a bit more, Limone coming in and saving the day like that was cool but also felt anti-climatic. But I'm glad they didn't overshadow Clemont and Chespin, I expected for Limone and Blaziken to be given more screen time in the actual episode. A pretty okay episode saved by Serena, Bonnie, Chespin and Clemont XD Clemont's Getto Daze scene and that yammering about it being a great success was amusing and I'm glad he ultimately got Chespin because he wanted it and not because of Bonnie, more variety to these captures is always welcome.

Something that I liked about this episode is that the ending kinda mirrored the ending to XY002 when Froakie wanted to go with Ash. All three starter Pokemon came from Sycamore this time around and it's nice they changed it up this time around.

This episode was a lot more bland than I thought it would be, but it still had moments that made me cackle and/or scream. Dedenne sleeping and being utterly useless while Serena and Bonnie were hostages ticked me off, but at least it supports my theory that it's only in the cast because it's marketable. Clemont's reaction to the Mega Mega Meowth was funny, and Chespin was likable without being shoved in our faces. Limone showing up played out like I thought; he made it possible for Chespin and Pikachu to finish off Team Rocket.

There was definitely a lot to enjoy in this episode, and if we're going into a string of fillers I think this was a good way to finish setting up the current incarnation for the group.

I liked how this episode played off the events of the first two episodes, with Team Rocket's interest in Mega Evolution carrying the plot. I prefer it when episodes interweave with one another rather than remaining completely detached. Trying to create their own version of a Mega Evolution is definitely something Team Rocket would do and it allowed them to introduce a giant robot without it seeming as ridiculous as it usually does.

Clemont and Chespin seem like a great pairing. I think Chespin's Piplup/Oshawott-style silliness will work better with Clemont, who always seems to want to battle intelligently and employ strategies. There's good opportunity for personality clashes as well as growth between the two.

I enjoyed Serena and Bonnie imitating Team Rocket, one because it came out of nowhere, and two because it seems like the kind of fun, spontaneous thing that Bonnie would do.

I'm definitely still interested in Limone and what his connection is to the overall Mega Evolution storyline. Although I do have one minor nitpick in that I think they could've found a better way to introduce Limone into the episode than to just show him randomly riding past Ash and Clemont.

These early episodes definitely feel very character-driven in a way they haven't for quite a while. I really hope they can keep it going for the rest of the season.

Also, I'm glad they seem to be taking the slow route in building up Serena and not having her be totally comfortable as a Pokemon trainer yet, but I do hope they give her some more to do in these episodes besides telling the group about the cool thing that happens to be going on at the time.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Kidnap the guy who studies Mega Evolution to make themselves stronger is pretty sound reasoning actually...
    What good is that when it's blatantly clear nothing will ever come of it?

You can't approach serious goals like that with them as idiots, it just doesn't work. When you know they're going to be complete useless failures but their goal itself is something stupid like the generic boss fantasy, the whole thing can be easily ignored. But when the goal actually has a point to it, why should you care when they're going to make no credible effort at all to actually achieve it? In the end all they amounted to was just a device to get Clemont and Chespin together.

On another note... wow, the artwork in this episode was bad. TR were off-model almost every time they were on-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    1: Is there something massively wrong with the animation that I'm not aware of? It's literally just BW reduced the sock backgrounds and a bit more character animation. I fail to see how this is a bad thing
    The new art direction changed the way characters' bodies are drawn. They all have longer bodies now compared to before.

The problem is that the proportions are frequently completely off, such as with Bonnie's head being the size of her entire torso and things like this:

Spoiler:- Large image:
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 13th December 2013 at 4:12 AM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Just watched the episode and clemont is now my favorite character of the entire series. This episode literally checked off every other part i hoped for in his character.

-First off I like how he fangasmed over team rockets machines, i'm sure it won't be a running thing but it should be expected because of his character.

-Second, this is something they've kept detail with since the first episode, the fact that clemont can't run. Every single time they have clemont run, with the shot focused on him or far off, the animators always make sure he has his goofy run.

-Third, he shut down one of team rockets mechas (I don't really count the rhyhorn episode because he just smashed the controller). And not even on his own, Chespin helped him do it, kinda showing how smart chespin is, hopefully that stays consistent considering clemonts character.

-And lastly I just liked the pose Clemont and chespin did when they shut down the machine.

Overall, good episode, I liked how team rocket got interrupted and how serena and bonnie imitated them.

I really do wish dedenne would stop sleeping all the time, I want to see bonnie use it. But I'm sure since it's always with bonnie, there will be a time where she'll have to battle with it.
    Friends are family you choose

Just saw the episode!

Serena cooks macaroons again, eh? I'm not sure if this indicates she'll be the cook for the group, since I imagine a cook being able to cook a variety of foods, and she's been cooking only one type of food. But it's a change for the role of the cook, I guess. I don't really care about that aspect of the group.

While TR is as annoyingly hopeless, repetitive, and incompetent as ever, I really do like how they're reflecting on past events as inspiration, as well as making a mecha that may have actually worked if the usual intervention didn't happen. At this point, I'd say that XY's TR seems to be mostly the usual TR, but with a nice mix of BW's TR in terms of planning and executing their missions.

I really like Chespin and its gluttonous nature. And the way Chespin tripped while going after TR...I bust my gut so badly. I sense good things for it in the future.

So, Serena and Bonnie don't necessarily get captured during the first attack? They just get stuck in the van while trying to help the Professor. THEN they get captured when they're captured. And we see that awesome scene of them reciting TR's motto. Can't stop laughing at that. God, I love those two even more!

Dedenne falls asleep again? I know people are complaining about this aspect of Dedenne, but I have a feeling that all of these scenes of it sleeping may be a red herring to distract us from a potential emergence of its Fairy side, which might be pretty powerful...

LOL at Ash and Clemont taking advantage of TR's motto! So unexpected, and so funny! Guess the show finally allows the characters to take advantage of this repetition!

Hey, Clemont actually ADMIRED a mecha of TR's! Are the writers reading these forums, 'cause we've been predicting that for God knows how long?

Clemont and Chespin actually do make a good pair, despite fears of the contrary. They found out how to disable the TR mecha, and they did it like bosses! And they also tried to stop the mecha, like bosses too.

No doubt Limone is Blaziken Mask. The only question that remains is...why? And what about Ampharos? Why isn't it being used instead of Blaziken? What's up with that?

Again, another astounding episode! The only problems: the animation that Butler pointed out, and Pikachu getting hit by its own Thunderbolt and suddenly getting weakened. Was there an explanation for the latter part, 'cause that really bugged me.

P.S.: Does anyone know what Limone said at the end? Sounded pretty important.

Some gifs for this episode:

Other gifs: (big file size)
        Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Some gifs for this episode:

Other gifs: (big file size)
        Spoiler:
    DOS GIF'S, MAN!

I seriously love the GIF with Serena and Bonnie mock-reciting TR's motto. Bonnie ends it with a pose. LIKE A BOSS.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post

Thanks, now I'm prepared with my Christmas cards this year

Thanks, now I'm prepared with my Christmas cards this year
    You're not the only one.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast