Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mega-Mega Meowth Madness! (813)

So now that Clemont has two pokemon in his party (not including Dedenne), Serena needs to catch something.
    3DS FC: 3711-7165-2684
    Normal type safari:

Message me if you want to battle

Currently seeking: level 1 male Modest , level 1 male Moxie ability that knows Zen Headbutt & Ice Punch, any pokemon with good egg moves and stats, shinies, ev trained pokemon

Offering: Pokerus, Froakie, Chespin, Fennekin, Tyrunt, Amaura, other pokemon, Blastoisinite, Gardevoirite, Venusaurite

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Thanks, now I'm prepared with my Christmas cards this year
    I KNEW IT!!!

On the other hand, what was Harimaron/Chespin and Pikachu thinking when they try to tackle that huge mechanical robot made of steel? Dafuq.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    P.S.: Does anyone know what Limone said at the end? Sounded pretty important.
    It wasn't really. He just said that to be a good trainer, you don't need strength alone, but to bond with your Pokemon, and that his children would come to learn this during their journey.

I knew with a title like Mega Mega Meowth it would be a silly episode, but didn't expect it to be quite that actual funny. Can't remember the last time Team Rocket's motto was mocked so much (Bonnie trying to say it was cute, as well as how Serena wasn't really into it), and then during the actual motto moment everybody just ignored them. Followed up by the mecha of the day introduction, funny to see both Sycamore and Clement impressed by it. Just as long as Clement doesn't trying to build one, it probably wouldn't end well.

Like Chespin a lot, it fits well with the somewhat clumsy Clement- and while it likes macarons a lot (are macarons the official food of the Pokemon anime now? I remember it was there in the Victini movie, but until XY can't remember that much else), it isn't as greedy as earlier gluttonous Pokemon. Now if only Fenneikin got more screentime then the starters would be a bit more balanced. Fun episode, I hope the series keeps up this interesting pace.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Some gifs for this episode:

Other gifs: (big file size)
        Spoiler:
    Wonderful! This takes the cake as my new fave XY episode. I could watch that motto scene for ages.

And now I know what I'm getting for Christmas. A bag of macaroons.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It wasn't really. He just said that to be a good trainer, you don't need strength alone, but to bond with your Pokemon, and that his children would come to learn this during their journey.
    Thanks for the translation! So, it appears Limone really does understand the mechanics of Mega Evolution fully.

God, this is intriguing...

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Other gifs: (big file size)
        Spoiler:
    I love the Serena & Bonnie motto gifs, but where did the two Christmas ones come from?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I love the Serena & Bonnie motto gifs, but where did the two Christmas ones come from?
    It's for a giveaway that they promoted after the episode.

Hey look, Chespin is already better then Piplup and Mijumaru combined in just one episode.

Reasons:

1. He's not a chicken and actually wants to help and fight
    2. He is food crazy but learns to share
    3. He is pretty smart
    4. He is actually cute without being all up in your face about it

So ya, started off pretty much not caring about Chespin but now I kind of like it, good job writers.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    So ya, started off pretty much not caring about Chespin but now I kind of like it, good job writers.
    Same here. I wasn't all that into Chespin in the beginning but I warmed up to it a lot in this episode. I think it suits Citron perfectly and thank god Satoshi didn't get it.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    Thanks for the translation! So, it appears Limone really does understand the mechanics of Mega Evolution fully.

God, this is intriguing...
    Considering Platane is the leading expert in the field of Mega Evolution, I have a feeling he's in on Limone's secret identity and works with him, too.

This stuff is all definitely going to become important later.

so we see mega blaz again so ash seen it 3 times now.. im guessing we be seeing more of him in future epsiodes... but i see team rocket did another meowth robot again lol

Quote Originally Posted by sheld999 View Post
    so we see mega blaz again so ash seen it 3 times now.. im guessing we be seeing more of him in future epsiodes... but i see team rocket did another meowth robot again lol
    yeah the only problem with the robot is, it doesn't have a counter attack for fire type attack since it was a steel type

This episode was cool. I like Chespin and Clemont so I have no problem with them being paired up, though they just seem like a odd pair to me.

I'm not buying Limone being the badass behind the mask. I mean Blaziken Mask is so obviously Limone's evil twin brother, Jimone.
    Last edited by J Ken; 14th December 2013 at 9:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    This episode was cool. I like Chespin and Clemont so I have no problem with them being paired up, though they just seem like a odd pair to me.

I'm not buying Limone being the badass behind the mask. I mean Blaziken Mask is so obviously Limone's evil twin brother, Jimone.
    I think that'll change up once we see more of them together.

XD

Fantastic episode. Every character is just done so well, that goes for both old and new. I don't even look forward to gym battles in particular any more, because we're getting quality episodes all the time anyway. I mean that Furfrou episode, something that should be boring had a pretty awesome battle in it. Aaaah. XY God tier.

Serena just needs something. She hasn't been ignored per se, but I do hope she gets around to catching a new Pokémon and finding a passion.

Serena is the one who want to go to the laboratory.

Rocket Gang objective is to catch Pikachu, not Mega Burshamo.

Rocket-Dan hates seeing the motto.

The episode confirms that Blaziken mask is Limone at the end.

Harimaron wants to enter Citron's team but Citron weren't iinterested. Eureka also wanted Harimaron and it's how Citron got Harimaron.

It was a nice episode indeed. Some comedy and some characters developing with Citron and the new pokemon. Also of course more Eureka cuteness. <3

No "character of the day" again. Seem like indeed the writers are focusing right now in develop more the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Considering Platane is the leading expert in the field of Mega Evolution, I have a feeling he's in on Limone's secret identity and works with him, too.

This stuff is all definitely going to become important later.
    Pretty much Limone/Blaziken Mask = Batman, and Sycamore = Lucius Fox.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Good episode. I think the one thing that's drastically improving with XY is definitely the writing.

- James getting cut off by the opening as well as Team Rocket being ignored during their motto made them funny in a witty way.
    - TR acknowledging how their mega evolution imitation was one shotted by the real thing was a subtle way to hype mega evolutions (though I'm not sure if that was just the translation being inaccurate)
    - Serena being so self conscious reciting the motto was perfect for her. Of course we can't ignore Bonnie's poses.
    - Professor Sycamore saying he gave up the chip because Bonnie and Serena's lives were more important was just one of those "aww" moments that we haven't seen in a while, not to mention from a professor. See? It's these small lines.
    - Clemont and Sycamore fangirl over the machine. Hooray, personality! I guess Ash has seen too many evil deus ex machina in his time to go starry eyed too.
    - After Chespin, a supposedly rowdy prank-loving glutton that hasn't really accepted a trainer wants to go with Clemont, Sycamore mentions how the same thing happened with Froakie which makes Clemont and Ash special. I just love small details like that.
    - At this point Ash and Clemont have gotten a lot more focus trainer wise than Serena and Bonnie combined. Not only this episode but pretty much every XY episode so far they're the only ones ever battling. It might piss some people off but I kind of like that consistency. It shows the writers actually are planning something and are aware of this issue.
    - Clemont still can't run. Haha, I just got to love how the animators draw him differently from everyone else whenever he runs. It's a funny detail.
    - I admit this new animation has the proportions for the humans off a lot of the time. But it looks damn good in a pokemon battle.

That's my two-cents for what I liked about this episode.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    Serena is the one who want to go to the laboratory.

Rocket Gang objective is to catch Pikachu, not Mega Burshamo.

Rocket-Dan hates seeing the motto.

The episode confirms that Blaziken mask is Limone at the end.

Harimaron wants to enter Citron's team but Citron weren't iinterested. Eureka also wanted Harimaron and it's how Citron got Harimaron.
    I believe people already know that ever since the episode aired?

great episode
    Bonnie and serena posing TR motto XD
    harimaron is so cute , hari hari , haro haro , hima hima
    finally some clemont and serena interaction even it just little
    and surprisingly TR didnt annoying this time

9/10
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    harimaron is so cute , hari hari , haro haro , hima hima
    i didn't hear harimaron saying hari hari , and did it said hima hima sounds like to me it was gima gima

Is anybody else slightly bothered, for lack of a better word, by how easily Clemont is being developed?

I mean, he joins Ash to find courage and discover his own inner strength, but it doesn't seem to be a very difficult journey. He has already defeated his rogue robotic creation, stood up to this father, bum-rushed Team Rocket last episode, and then dove to save Chespin from being crushed by Mega Meowth.

Like...I was hoping it would take him longer, and he'll struggle to have that same breathtaking chutzpah as Ash, but he already seems to display tremendous audacity/temerity already. I mean, I guess I shouldn't expect a kids show to have complex writing, but I did imagine that such goal as this would have taken longer to attain nonetheless.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Is anybody else slightly bothered, for lack of a better word, by how easily Clemont is being developed?

I mean, he joins Ash to find courage and discover his own inner strength, but it doesn't seem to be a very difficult journey. He has already defeated his rogue robotic creation, stood up to this father, bum-rushed Team Rocket last episode, and then dove to save Chespin from being crushed by Mega Meowth.

Like...I was hoping it would take him longer, and he'll struggle to have that same breathtaking chutzpah as Ash, but he already seems to display tremendous audacity/temerity already. I mean, I guess I shouldn't expect a kids show to have complex writing, but I did imagine that such goal as this would have taken longer to attain nonetheless.
    Actually from what their dad said when after saving them, that there's more than being strong and have courage. That's something Clemont will down the road, so this is just getting started of his character, he's not a complete changed character yet.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast