Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mega-Mega Meowth Madness! (813)

Bonnie & Serena's mocking of the TR motto made me recall Ash, Brock, Duplika, and Misty's mocking of it, which I think was better. At least they got to finish it, whereas Bonnie and Serena didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Is anybody else slightly bothered, for lack of a better word, by how easily Clemont is being developed?

I mean, he joins Ash to find courage and discover his own inner strength, but it doesn't seem to be a very difficult journey. He has already defeated his rogue robotic creation, stood up to this father, bum-rushed Team Rocket last episode, and then dove to save Chespin from being crushed by Mega Meowth.

Like...I was hoping it would take him longer, and he'll struggle to have that same breathtaking chutzpah as Ash, but he already seems to display tremendous audacity/temerity already. I mean, I guess I shouldn't expect a kids show to have complex writing, but I did imagine that such goal as this would have taken longer to attain nonetheless.
    I think there's still room for development for Clemont, considering the fact that this episode confirmed everyone's suspicions that Limone, his father, is Blaziken Mask. I am pretty sure the reasons why Limone dresses in a Mega Blaziken suit and jumps across rooftops will shed more light on not only Clemont's character, but Bonnie's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Missingno View Post
    Bonnie & Serena's mocking of the TR motto made me recall Ash, Brock, Duplika, and Misty's mocking of it, which I think was better. At least they got to finish it, whereas Bonnie and Serena didn't.
    Well, TR didn't like that, so they stopped it midway. I don't see how a finished motto exactly makes it better immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    I think there's still room for development for Clemont, considering the fact that this episode confirmed everyone's suspicions that Limone, his father, is Blaziken Mask. I am pretty sure the reasons why Limone dresses in a Mega Blaziken suit and jumps across rooftops will shed more light on not only Clemont's character, but Bonnie's as well.

Well, TR didn't like that, so they stopped it midway. I don't see how a finished motto exactly makes it better immediately.
    If those assistants to Professor Sycamore from the game show up in the anime, I bet they will be Blaziken Mask's sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    If those assistants to Professor Sycamore from the game show up in the anime, I bet they will be Blaziken Mask's sidekicks.
    Except that the anime usually doesn't incorporate nameless characters from games into its sagas. I doubt that'll happen.

Except that the anime usually doesn't incorporate nameless characters from games into its sagas. I doubt that'll happen.
    He's talking about Sina and Dexio, they're neither nameless nor generic irrelevant NPCs.

The sub I was watching called has TR saying we'll finally deliver "The STRONGEST Pikachu" to the boss. Now that either means that a)TR duo is just hyping up their capture or b)TR, the organization, actually had something to do with Ash's Pikachu in the past ad we might (I doubt it) get some backstory on that (maybe infused him with a light ball or something like that)
    It'd make sense as to why we've gone 800+ episodes with these guys trying to catch Pikachu.

However I'm sure this is just me rambling and am 95% sure this'll never be touched on again.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    He's talking about Sina and Dexio, they're neither nameless nor generic irrelevant NPCs.
    Still, they haven't appeared in XY yet, and considering that Sycamore's assistants have already been prominently shown in the same episodes he's appeared in, I doubt they'll appear.

It wasn't the completed motto that made it better. I just think that their mocked version of it was funnier; maybe because there were more people in on it, back then.

Still, they haven't appeared in XY yet, and considering that Sycamore's assistants have already been prominently shown in the same episodes he's appeared in, I doubt they'll appear.
    since in the game they appear when flabebe ws introduced, now i'm thinking could they appear in the anime with the same reason?

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    since in the game they appear when flabebe ws introduced, now i'm thinking could they appear in the anime with the same reason?
    Again, I doubt they'll appear. We've already seen assistants for Sycamore.

I disagree. Just because they didn't appear early on in the series, doesn't mean the writers might not incorporate them into the story later on.

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

It was a huge bummer that they revealed his identity so early in the series

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    I disagree. Just because they didn't appear early on in the series, doesn't mean the writers might not incorporate them into the story later on.
    I don't know, don't the assistants get introduced in the same episode as their employers? They certainly can appear later, but I'm really doubting it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Radiance View Post
    It was a huge bummer that they revealed his identity so early in the series
    Actually, it's not really that big of a bummer to me. We now know that Blaziken Mask is actually the father of two of the main characters. Which leaves the question as to why he's masquerading around Lumiose City as a Mega Blaziken, and if his reasons have anything to do with Clemont and Bonnie, further implying possible character development.

I don't know, don't the assistants get introduced in the same episode as their employers? They certainly can appear later, but I'm really doubting it right now.
    Bianca was professor junipers assistant and she didn't get introduced the same episode.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Is this the first time Team Rocket deliberately kidnaps a person?
    No, but I think it's the first time they kidnap a person without using a disguise. Instead, they just went "Screw it. Let's just drive through the glass and get out of there with him quickly". That was the funniest part of the episode for me.

No, but I think it's the first time they kidnap a person without using a disguise. Instead, they just went "Screw it. Let's just drive through the glass and get out of there with him quickly". That was the funniest part of the episode for me.
    Zero-fs-given Team Rocket is the best...but I still want them to be a bit more villainous. Maybe the show is saving all of that for Team Flare.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Zero-fs-given Team Rocket is the best...but I still want them to be a bit more villainous. Maybe the show is saving all of that for Team Flare.
    I hope so. I don't want another Team Plasma situation.
    Check out my original story: Forbidden Book
    http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3163587/1/Forbidden-Book

[IMG]http://sngk.net/upioUz/img1[/IMG]
    A Saga of pain, love, and revenge

Quote Originally Posted by XY Rules View Post
    I hope so. I don't want another Team Plasma situation.
    Personally, I think Team Flare is just a different take on the story with Team Plasma, but without the mess at the end where Ghetsis was lying the whole time and was just another manipulative brat leaning towards the "generic villain" section. With Lysandre in the games, it isn't as easy to fault him 100% for all of his wrongdoings, and he's actually done his fair share of good if you bothered to chat with some of the NPCs in the games after beating them. It's easier to empathize with him and what he's going through than, say, Cyrus, who had a similar situation, but not as much fleshing out. The portrayal of Lysandre's character and his conflict in the game is probably why so many people are anticipating the Vivillion episode. It'll be a pretty gutsy move if the anime shows the negatives of the Pokemon world outside of the occasional trainer (Paul and that one guy with the Emboar and Heatmor) and a few poachers.

p
    Personally, I think Team Flare is just a different take on the story with Team Plasma, but without the mess at the end where Ghetsis was lying the whole time and was just another manipulative brat leaning towards the "generic villain" section. With Lysandre in the games, it isn't as easy to fault him 100% for all of his wrongdoings, and he's actually done his fair share of good if you bothered to chat with some of the NPCs in the games after beating them. It's easier to empathize with him and what he's going through than, say, Cyrus, who had a similar situation, but not as much fleshing out. The portrayal of Lysandre's character and his conflict in the game is probably why so many people are anticipating the Vivillion episode. It'll be a pretty gutsy move if the anime shows the negatives of the Pokemon world outside of the occasional trainer (Paul and that one guy with the Emboar and Heatmor) and a few poachers.
    Yeah, I agree, Lysandre was an Anti-Villain (my favoirte kind although I nevery sympathized with Cyrus. I though the was just an outright crazy villain. But when I said I don't want anothe Team Plasma situation, I was refering to the fact they never appeared in the anime until the N arc.

Man, that'd be quite a bold move the anime would have to make. It's always been showing the positives of the Pokemon world in every single episode or movie! It'd be quite an astounding change if the anime were actually gonna delve into more mature themes on how the Pokemon world is actually not that squeaky-clean as it's always been portrayed previously.

It'll be a move that'll be greatly appreciated by me and other XY fans.

Man, that'd be quite a bold move the anime would have to make. It's always been showing the positives of the Pokemon world in every single episode or movie! It'd be quite an astounding change if the anime were actually gonna delve into more mature themes on how the Pokemon world is actually not that squeaky-clean as it's always been portrayed previously.

It'll be a move that'll be greatly appreciated by me and other XY fans.
    its not sqeaky clean but last time they tried having mature themes the episodes got banned.

its not sqeaky clean but last time they tried having mature themes the episodes got banned.
    Which episodes?

Anyway, I don't see anything ban-worthy of showing the bad side of the Pokemon world. They can keep the material PG-rated, like they did with the TG arc.

Which episodes?

Anyway, I don't see anything ban-worthy of showing the bad side of the Pokemon world. They can keep the material PG-rated, like they did with the TG arc.
    i think he's talking about the pokemon kanto arc with the banned episodes.
    anyway guys i think this is a little off-topic

p

Yeah, I agree, Lysandre was an Anti-Villain (my favoirte kind although I nevery sympathized with Cyrus. I though the was just an outright crazy villain. But when I said I don't want anothe Team Plasma situation, I was refering to the fact they never appeared in the anime until the N arc.
    And even when Team Plasma showed up, they were the generic BW2 villains we're so used to seeing.

Anyway, I think the XY anime has taken good strides forward so far. The TRio still has their funny moments, but they manage to show some competency at least. I'm hoping that the data they stole will play a role in the future. Maybe they could sell the Megalution info they swiped to Lysandre under the table for funds to build more advanced mechas or info that Team Rocket could use to help with taking down Team Flare and taking over Kalos...but now I'm being overly optimistic (one step at a time, 366).

God i really want to start liking chespin, maybe put him on my team?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast