Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Mega-Mega Meowth Madness! (813)

Mega evolution on a robot wont work, I thought Team Rocket was trying to Mega evolve Meowth...

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Mega evolution on a robot wont work, I thought Team Rocket was trying to Mega evolve Meowth...
    they were trying to mega evolve i can't see why they would get the stone or whatever that tiny material is.

in the first place why would they even go stealing it knowing that it won't work instead they use it to strengthen the robot itself.

I watched this episode dubbed because it's one of my favorites. Plus I wanted to see the TR motto scene dubbed. I was slightly disappointed they changed the music for it. But they've been doing that all XY dub. I feel exactly the same for this episode as I did when I watched the original. Not much changed in it really. Bonnie's face was on the title thing. This isn't really her episode, but who cares. Her epic Power Ranger posses made her the true star of this episode. Chespin's dub voice wasn't too bad either. Not too bad at all.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

This episode was not bad at all. I found Chespin to be a really cute pokemon. I also was impressed by Mega Blaziken's power.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This episode was not bad at all. I found Chespin to be a really cute pokemon. I also was impressed by Mega Blaziken's power.
    Well, of course it toasted the robot. They weren't planning for fire attacks instead of the usual electric blows they always get.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

I actually had quite a few laughs in this one. Not bad.

> Serena & Bonnie trying to act cool w/ the Rocket motto.
    > Dedenne doing jack-all when they were captured reminded me of how Pikachu was back in the day xD
    > Everyone ignoring the Rocket motto...Those moments don't happen often enough.
    > Clemont's troll face from when he unplugged Meowth was priceless.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

Great episode! So funny that Serena and Bonnie cited the Team Rocket motto, and Team Rocket claimed copyright infringement. Chespin was great in this episode, its love for macarons and ultimately joined with Clemont. Now that everyone on the main cast has a starter Pokémon, except for Bonnie.

I wanted the dub to change my opinion on this episode like it did with Furfrou's, but it really failed to do so, which disappointed me.

One big problem I had immediately: did James's voice sound way, way off today to anyone else? Something about it sounded very wrong.

The content still feels disjointed to me. There's a lot of action in the first half when Team Rocket attack the lab, but in the second half, barely anything happens. The action is really bland; it's just Chespin and Pikachu uselessly bouncing attacks off of Mega Mega Meowth until Blaziken appears. It's not even animated in an interesting way.

The dub butchering the music in this episode didn't help either.

Chespin was great, though. He really brought it up.

When did the dub start keeping the character-specific title cards? This is the first one I noticed.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I wanted the dub to change my opinion on this episode like it did with Furfrou's, but it really failed to do so, which disappointed me.

One big problem I had immediately: did James's voice sound way, way off today to anyone else? Something about it sounded very wrong.

The content still feels disjointed to me. There's a lot of action in the first half when Team Rocket attack the lab, but in the second half, barely anything happens. The action is really bland; it's just Chespin and Pikachu uselessly bouncing attacks off of Mega Mega Meowth until Blaziken appears. It's not even animated in an interesting way.

The dub butchering the music in this episode didn't help either.

Chespin was great, though. He really brought it up.

When did the dub start keeping the character-specific title cards? This is the first one I noticed.

Well if you had watched Last weeks episode then you would have saw they had the Clemont one as well.

So Team Rocket were mildly competent this episode and they would have won if it wasn't for that meddling mega!

When Bonnie and Serena did the Team Rocket motto it made me laugh so much, this needs to happen more often, forget copyright infringement!

Chespin is an awesome character. The childish nature and it's gluttony for macarons makes it such a joy to watch but I can see it being a bit of a handful for Clemont. I look forward to see how Clemont deals with this. Encouragement by macaron anyone?

Anyway, great episode which is a running pattern for this series. Can't wait for the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

This episode was really amazing! The scripting was insane and by that I mean really good. Not saying the scritping has been bad but this one just flowed really nice. We did not get too much Team Rocket Rhymes and the plot was really nice. Meyer just coming out of nowhere on his scooter was funny and Chespin is cute. Plus we see Mr.Frenchy tied up in what looks like something very.....oh hey look at the time.

But I really hope Super Ultra Fire Chicken Man returns and is used in the plots more. Maybe have him in a Flare plot since he is all fired up and ready to go!

This episode was great. I liked how Team Rocket seemed to have the upper hand. Chespin's voice is better than I pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    It's not just you: I noticed it too-- even for Cathcart's standards as James (as it is, he's easily my least favorite actor for him in the English dub-- I think even Ted Lewis was better than him, IMO), I think he did an abysmal performance as James this dub episode: I think even his DP performance was better than how he did here-- as a user on Pokemopolis put it when reviewing this dub episode there, "James is supposed to be around 25, yet Carter Cathcart's James here sounds like an old, fat nasally man doing a bad imitation of Eric Stuart's James in AG" and I wholeheartedly agree with that user as that IS what James sounded like here.

Additionally, I (as well as MachopMan, Darkrai 888, among others here) also found Jessie's dub voice was way off here as well: Michele Knotz has made Jessie's pitch high enough here that she now sounds like a valley girl rather than an actual diva who is 25 (which is who Jessie supposedly is)-- it's even worse than how Jessie sounded in DP, IMO. It's even gotten to the point where I can't even understand what she's saying at all sometimes.

So basically, in the English dub, the voice acting was really bad from Jessie and James' VAs: like, the worst I've heard to date in the English dub's entire run. Meowth sounded...as bad as usual: however, Ash sounded much better than in XY009's dub, Serena went back to sounding like a girl rather than a woman, Clemont's VA improved to sounding like a kid, but Bonnie's VA...unfortunately, she sounded awful again.

On that note, Chespin's dub voice is...incredibly unfitting. I think it could be Erica Schroeder/Bella Hudson providing its voice, but wow, I must say it doesn't fit at all.

The script writing was absymal this English dub episode as well: a lot of cool speech/radisms from Ash that made no sense, tons of alliterations and assonance from TR (even in the ORG JPN, though, James was excessively using the letter "M" so this wasn't a dub-only issue in his case). Only one good line was said, ironically from James, and that was "Hey, that's copyright infringement" but the rest was Grade A-Garbage from TPCi here.

The episode itself, however? Mediocre at best-- typical TR nonsense, it fails, twerps foil their plot, happy days...more or less.

As for the ORG JPN BGM, TPCi has officially managed to keep less than 4Kids' was at the end of their run this series of the Anime...not that I think the Original score is all that great for XY in JPN, though, but even that's preferable over the dub's elegant/aristocratic regal dub BGM that's way out of place here half the time.

Overall--

ORG JPN: 6/10 (D-)
    ENG DUB: 3.5/10 (F)
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 5th April 2014 at 5:38 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Default "Mega-Mega Meowth Madness!"

Another great XY episode! Good to see Ash and co. visiting Prof. Sycamore before continuing their journey. It was nice of Serena to bake Macarons for everyone, but a Kalos starter Pokémon Chespin(who lives at Sycamore's lab) ate them. Speaking of Chespin, I kinda liked his personality. LOL, he was totally crazy about the Macarons.

Like always, Team Rocket was up to something. This time Team Rocket wanted Prof. Sycamore's Mega Evolution date in order to activate their new mecha, so they KIDNAPPED him?! Whoa, TRio always steals Pokémon, but kidnapped a human is pretty rare for them. Serena and Bonnie trying to save Professor Sycamore from Team Rocket was great, sadly they couldn't do it in time and Team Rocket found them out. Of course, Bonnie tried using Dedenne to battle Team Rocket .... but it was asleep! Ugh, First in the Furforu episode Dedenne was asleep during the battle with Team Rocket, and now it was taking a nap at the wrong time AGAIN. I hope it won't become a running gag or something. I was disappointed that Serena didn't use her Fennekin to fight Jessie and James. Considering how the situation was, it would've been the best to fight back and get out of there. Oh well, at least Serena was clever enough to use her macarons as a trail to lead Ash and Clemont to them. Serena and Bonnie imitating Team Rocket's motto was funny and adorable at the same time, too bad they couldn't do much after Team Rocket tied them up.

I thought It was hilarious when Ash and Clemont totally ignored Team Rocket's motto. Usually Ash and the others just stands in the background whenever Team Rocket recites their motto .... but not this time! This time they just let Team Rocket go on about it and used that time to their advantage in order to free the others. It was cute when Ash asked Serena if she's okay, and she told him not to worry.

Team Rocket had the data they needed, so they finally activated their giant Meowth mecha called ... Mega Mega Meowth. Despite its lame name, the mecha was really tough. Chespin's Pin Missile and Tackle didn't do much against the mecha, but at least he was able to bond with Clemont while fighting against Mega-Mega Meowth. Clemont jumping in the way of that of Mega-Mega Meowth to save Chespin was cool, it seemed like he actually learned something while traveling with Ash. Chespin was cool as well, I like how he stopped the Meowth mecha by pulling out its huge cord.

Mega Blaziken and Blaziken Mask showing up again was kinda surprising, and the reveal of Blaziken Mask's real identity was even bigger surprise. I wasn't expecting Clemont's father Meyer to be the Mega Blaziken! Although, I wonder why he has a Mega Blaziken and why did he became Blaziken Mask in the first place? Also, why did he kept his identity a secret from Clemont and Bonnie? I hope it'll all be revealed in a future episode.

Chespin deciding to follow Clemont was great, it reminded me of how Froakie wanted to follow Ash in "Lumiose City Pursuit!". Clemont and Chespin have obviously made a good bond in this episode, so it makes sense. This marks the FIRST time when Ash didn't get the Grass starter, but his travelling partner Clemont did .... and I'm happy about it. I thought it was good decision of the writers to split up the three Kalos starters among the three main protagonists instead of giving all of them to Ash like they did in BW, it'd be nice to see how the three starters bonds with thier respective trainers.

As for the dub, the script was fine, and voice actors did a good job too. They kept Bonnie's face on the title card, which is a plus. My only complaint is the lack of original BGM. I could only 4 instances in which the original BGM were kept. TPCI really needs to stop overusing their dub BGM and keep more original BGM in the dubbed episodes.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 25th April 2014 at 10:52 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by PokemontrainerY View Post
    My only complaint is the lack of original BGM. TPCI really needs to stop overusing their own BGM and keep more original BGM in the dubbed episodes.
    i totally agree with this, at least do a bgm of something unique that would maintain the episode itself.

This was a pretty good episode. There's one thing I don't understand, though.

Why does Ash and co. blow off Mega Blaziken and MB Man?

"That masked man with a mega blaziken just saved the day for us".

"Mega Blaziken was awesome!"

There's no thank you or anything. Ash didn't even know that it WAS Mega Blaziken until Team Rocket said it! He sees his first Mega Evolution ever, and he doesn't even question it or the identity of the masked man who saved him from falling off of Lumiose Tower. Why?
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Acdog View Post
    This was a pretty good episode. There's one thing I don't understand, though.

Why does Ash and co. blow off Mega Blaziken and MB Man?

"That masked man with a mega blaziken just saved the day for us".

"Mega Blaziken was awesome!"

There's no thank you or anything. Ash didn't even know that it WAS Mega Blaziken until Team Rocket said it! He sees his first Mega Evolution ever, and he doesn't even question it or the identity of the masked man who saved him from falling off of Lumiose Tower. Why?
    because he apparently has no idea on who the masked man was, the blaziken man seems mysterious to him since it was the first time he was saved by that person.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    because he apparently has no idea on who the masked man was, the blaziken man seems mysterious to him since it was the first time he was saved by that person.
    Yeah, you'd think that would make him even more curious, though.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

Great to see Citron receives a Harimaron. I am sure he will train hard enough to be one of the best of his Pokémon. It is also good to see Serena and Eureka reciting the motto, but it was a little bit too short and they should read up to "Raburi chami na katakiyaku." and then cut off by Musashi and Kojiro.

Mega Nyarth is also one of the best mecha to me and I love the reaction of Platane and Citron exclaimed for the big invention. Limone saved his children by mega Bursyamo is fun too.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567