Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Naruto Discussion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    274

    Default Naruto Discussion

    Yo 'sup. This is a discussion thread for the Naruto series from first to current (Shipuuden) (Also movies)

    I have watched all the episodes of Naruto upto Shipuuden episode 304. I will watch more soon. It is a good anime and fun to watch but the first part had some waste episodes which was not needed.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Cool View Post
    It is a good anime and fun to watch but the first part had some waste episodes which was not needed.
    It's not a good anime and it's a chore to watch. If anything, the flashbacks in part 2 are way worst than any filler in part 1. At least you could skip those without fear of missing something.

    In short, Shippude or Naruto in general is a terrible series.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It's not a good anime and it's a chore to watch. If anything, the flashbacks in part 2 are way worst than any filler in part 1. At least you could skip those without fear of missing something.

    In short, Shippude or Naruto in general is a terrible series.
    The fillers, i have to agree are bad. But as for the flashbacks?? They add emotion & sentimental reason(s) to the characters themselves.

    The episodes where Naruto found out about the past of his mother and the connection they shared as Parent & Child were truly meaningful & touching - it got me to shed a damn tear!

    In saying that, there are times where i can not care about the explanations of jutsu's n such since they kill time in the episode for something that could be better spent on, but nonetheless, Shippuden isn't a bad nor horrible series.

    I'd say Bleach takes the cake in fillers, to which got me to stop watching it eventually. I'm glad Shipuuden is back on the main path and that Kurama & Naruto are now working together.

    And funny thing is, i just finished watching episode 342 online, and even i can't wait til next week's episode.
    Pride is Unnecessary; Humble is bold
    3DS Friend Code: 1934-0895-1544 PM me if you add

    Frieza Enters the Battle! Uses Freeze-Dry!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGuyEh View Post
    The fillers, i have to agree are bad. But as for the flashbacks?? They add emotion & sentimental reason(s) to the characters themselves.

    The episodes where Naruto found out about the past of his mother and the connection they shared as Parent & Child were truly meaningful & touching - it got me to shed a damn tear!
    Not really. Sure, the occasional flashback has some relevance but the majority are just there to fill in time. "Hey, remember Jiraiya told me something for like the hundredth time" or "When I was little, the village didn't like me." These and and others serve no purpose.

    That isn't even my only problem with the show. The side characters are constitutionally tossed aside, even main ones like Sakura and Sai. How OP Naruto is compared to the rest of the cast is also a turn off. Honesty the story isn't even good anymore.

    Shippuden isn't a bad nor horrible series.
    You may like it and that's fine, buy honestly, it's at the bottom of the list of shonen only being beating out by Bleach.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    274

    Default

    The first part wasn't good because it had many unnecessary episodes but Shipuuden was better and Naruto should be a bit OP because he is a Jinchuriki like Killer Bee. It may not be a great anime but it is fun and good to watch.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Shippuuden's fillers are way worse than Naruto's, atleast you pretty much watch the whole of Part 1 without filler interrupting, Shippuuden is just littered with it. And the animation is godawful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Secret Shore
    Posts
    379

    Default

    I see that there is a difference in quality in the animation in the serie. Sometimes is pretty good and sometimes it's bad.
    Dispite the fillers I enjoy the serie.
    But yeah, some characters are definetly OP. I'm talking about you, Madara.

    Currently in Hoenn.
    Claimed Scyther

    Thanks to Chapter of Charizard for the Button
    PASBL explained ~ WF ~ Incoming absence alert
    Coming next year in the fanfic section:

    Thank you Astral Shadow for the Banner


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    765 Productions
    Posts
    4,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Harzard View Post
    But yeah, some characters are definetly OP. I'm talking about you, Madara.
    Madara being an OP badass is the best part of the series though.
    My Anime List

        Spoiler:- My Claims:

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Madara being an OP badass is the best part of the series though.
    He is one of the most powerful Shinobi out there, so it does make sense to why he is OP, it adds a challenge to the main character(s) - especially what's going on in the anime of recent.

    Speaking of which, just watched episode 343. Not telling who is behind the mask, but it's a person from Kakashi's past.

    Can' wait after the holidays when they come back.
    Pride is Unnecessary; Humble is bold
    3DS Friend Code: 1934-0895-1544 PM me if you add

    Frieza Enters the Battle! Uses Freeze-Dry!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Secret Shore
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Jup, I saw it as well.
    I guess they are pretty screwed if you look at the situation at the end of the episode. I really wonder how the person who's name I don't say now, could have survived that event in the past.
    And the music in the middle of the episode forms a good contrast with the action. I look foreward for the next one.

    Currently in Hoenn.
    Claimed Scyther

    Thanks to Chapter of Charizard for the Button
    PASBL explained ~ WF ~ Incoming absence alert
    Coming next year in the fanfic section:

    Thank you Astral Shadow for the Banner


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Obito Uchiha.........yes I am curious as well. I like him for now. I liked him more as the masked mysterious fake Madara. (And oh I hope people dont post spoilers here =P)

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    It's a bad series and it's barely watchable even with a few people to watch it with. It's only redeeming quality is its decent music.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    It's a bad series and it's barely watchable.
    If you say so. I find it pretty decent without the useless fillers and unnecessary flashbacks. What i like most about the series is it's emotional drive and action.
    Pride is Unnecessary; Humble is bold
    3DS Friend Code: 1934-0895-1544 PM me if you add

    Frieza Enters the Battle! Uses Freeze-Dry!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    barely watchable
    C'mon, I know you can make a better argument than that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    C'mon, I know you can make a better argument than that.
    I could but we've been through this time after time. I already gave it credit for its decent music.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hound
    Posts
    174

    Default

    It is not a good series because there are lots of unnecessary episodes and the same flashbacks are repeated again and again.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megahound View Post
    It is not a good series because there are lots of unnecessary episodes and the same flashbacks are repeated again and again.
    DBZ is your favourite anime right?

    My thoughts on Naruto is that it started out pretty good and fell off after the Chunin Exam arc. There have been a few stretches of good imo since but not enough to save it from the large amount of filler, awful pacing and meh writing.
    Last edited by Ampy; 30th December 2013 at 8:32 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    883

    Default

    how many more years would you guys give naruto?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hound
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    DBZ is your favourite anime right?
    Yeah, as it was the first anime I watched.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    I'd like to say less than a year but don't see that happening. I'd say between 1-2 years depending on how Kishimoto wants to resolve the conflict between Naruto and Sasuke.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megahound View Post
    Yeah, as it was the first anime I watched.
    Your argument that Naruto isn't good because of pointless episodes doesn't really hold any ground then. Not that I don't agree with you, but still.
    Last edited by Ampy; 31st December 2013 at 5:10 AM.

  21. #21

    Default

    It's an ok series from time to time, animation can be a hit and miss some times. Fillers can be He'll though, you have no idea how much I hate fillers in this series. I liked some in the first series a bit but now it's even worse, I've been skipping episodes left and right till it got back to the actual arc it's in, it's just what the heck?! I like the music, over all I much prefer the original series to the second half, the plot and music and battles and less Demi Naruto and more of Naruto making his way to the top was much better in my opinion. Than, that's Kishi's writing not the anime staff, they just go by what's being said.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    The anime suddenly gets better when the storyline arcs from manga go on, but the filler arcs pale in comparison. This series is suffering from poor direction IMO.

    But the non-filler arcs are sometimes very good. The fillers are awful and seem like the storyboard didn't spend more than five minutes per episode.

    The flashbacks......improperly done. You don't NEEED the flashbacks half the time. Everytime I see a character go to the flashback, I facepalm and groan. That's how awful it is.

    Does the anime assume the viewers are dumb? Any regular watcher can make the connection with a one-second flashback. Like in the recent episode for example, there wasn't ANY need to show Obito's flashback. All they needed to show was a simple shot of the rock crushing him. That's enough to trigger any regular watcher's memory. But no! It's like they are trying to shove the emotions onto us instead of letting it come to us naturally. Sometimes they even show the same scene again and again in consecutive episodes. Why the hell do they need to do that?

    Naruto IMO is suffering from poor episode pacing, distribution of filler etc. I am not kidding when I say I skipped THIRTY episodes when I marathoned Shippuuden. The series is good, it has its epic moments. But the screenplay is poor.

    It has potential but it plainly sucks.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 31st December 2013 at 9:37 AM.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred the Second View Post
    The anime suddenly gets better when the storyline arcs from manga go on, but the filler arcs pale in comparison. This series is suffering from poor direction IMO.

    But the non-filler arcs are sometimes very good. The fillers are awful and seem like the storyboard didn't spend more than five minutes per episode.

    The flashbacks......improperly done. You don't NEEED the flashbacks half the time. Everytime I see a character go to the flashback, I facepalm and groan. That's how awful it is.

    Does the anime assume the viewers are dumb? Any regular watcher can make the connection with a one-second flashback. Like in the recent episode for example, there wasn't ANY need to show Obito's flashback. All they needed to show was a simple shot of the rock crushing him. That's enough to trigger any regular watcher's memory. But no! It's like they are trying to shove the emotions onto us instead of letting it come to us naturally. Sometimes they even show the same scene again and again in consecutive episodes. Why the hell do they need to do that?

    Naruto IMO is suffering from poor episode pacing, distribution of filler etc. I am not kidding when I say I skipped THIRTY episodes when I marathoned Shippuuden. The series is good, it has its epic moments. But the screenplay is poor.

    It has potential but it plainly sucks.
    For the most part I agree with the flashbacks, however I think the mini flashback arc of the Kyuubi attack on Konoha was some of the best material in the series. I assume you're talking about anime-only flashbacks though.
    Last edited by Ampy; 31st December 2013 at 10:40 AM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    I don't really care for Naruto anymore. I used to watch it as a kid but not anymore. They showed the original Naruto episodes on Toonami and only a few were impressive (Rock Lee vs. Gaara, Zabuza/Haku arc, ect). Most of the episodes were pointless and some even had only flashbacks/talking. Naruto probably have like 1-3 years left on the manga at most. The anime will probably end shortly after that. There have been some good fights in Shippuden and the original but the filler and other things bring the series down for me.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter


    Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

        Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:




  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,687

    Default

    What exactly was the point in having a double episode today. I know that parts of 346 is canon, but I think most, if not all, of 347 was filler. Wouldn't it have just been better to have one episode and then had "The New Akatsuki" next week and then the Anbu Kakashi filler? Saves time, money & resources because honestly since most of this special was filler, it seemed pointless for there to have been a double this week.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •