Thread: 3DS system transfer checking if it's safe

Default 3DS system transfer checking if it's safe

I'm getting a Zelda 3DS XL for Christmas from my parents, and I'm planning to transfer the data I have currently on the Red 3DS XL to the Gold Zelda 3DS XL, but I'm kind of concerned of what my happened to my data on my current 3DS and the A Link Between Worlds game pre-installed on the target system. I updated the system just today and have yet to make the same Nintendo Network account I have on the Wii U onto the 3DS, and I heard that the limits on how many times you can transfer has been lifted. Here's what I'm saying, is it okay for me to make my Nintendo Network ID on my current 3DS before doing the system transfer to the Zelda 3DS XL and will my data like the 3DS ambassador games NES & GBA and installed games like my New Super Mario Bros 2 and the demos that are on my current 3DS make it to the target system, and will the Zelda game on the target system be okay like can I still get that game?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Yes, you can make your ID on your current system. When you update the new one, it gives an option to currently sign in using an existing ID. Everything else will be carried over in the system transfer like the ability to re-download already bought games..

Saves don't carry over fro digital games iirc. I think they're tied to the SD card. I'm not too sure.

Like before I bring over the the data to the Gold 3DS XL, I can sign in using my ID from my old 3DS XL? How will this also effect the Zelda ALBW game as well? And my SD card saving data from the digital download games?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    Like before I bring over the the data to the Gold 3DS XL, I can sign in using my ID from my old 3DS XL? How will this also effect the Zelda ALBW game as well? And my SD card saving data from the digital download games?
    It will be retained, but it will no longer be present in your old 3DS, but rather, it will be present in your new 3DS, assuming you do the process properly. After transfer completion, make sure to remove your sd card from your old 3ds and remember not to use it on the old 3ds at any point in time after transfer, but make sure to put it inside your new 3ds and use it there at all times post-transfer, because after the transfer process, it will be linked your new 3DS and not your old 3ds...

Check this and that out for further details
    Last edited by gregjammer; 22nd December 2013 at 6:30 AM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352