Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Space☆Dandy

Default Space☆Dandy

I was watching the trailer, found it really catchy, so decided to make a thread. Anywho, one of the first anime's to be airing both subbed and dubbed at the same time.

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Really hyped for it, as it's Watanbe directing it. (Never heard of him? Go watch Sakamichi no Apollon, Samurai Champloo, and Cowboy Bebop).

Maybe it'll compete with Kill la Kill to see which is better.

Also really hoping it's two cours, which it probably be, (Thanks Bones, when have you not done a 2 cour series? Wait, you haven't anything out in almost a year, so eh).

Looks colorful as hell and I really like it. And the voices are amazing too
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I think it's going to be at least good. And fun. Not expecting another Cowboy Bebop.

I don't like that it looks so much like Redline. Not because I dislike that style but because anything that looks like Redline is going to look like it has cheap animation in comparison. And going by the trailers Space Dandy has some good animation, but it'll always look sub-par compared to Redline.

No dub trailers yet right?

It's been a awhile since Bones actually did something good, hopefully this can be the Bones of old here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    (Thanks Bones, when have you not done a 2 cour series?
    No. 6
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Yeah, we dodged a bullet. The other 11 all hit though.
    My Anime List

That ****ing bee. Nothing else compares on the stupidity stakes there.
    My Anime List

i am too with the same thought of being it nice once i got the see .. would love the other sound tittles to go for a watch if suggested likewise

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    It's been a awhile since Bones actually did something good, hopefully this can be the Bones of old here.

No. 6
    Well, they have like 3 chances this season, what with this, Soul Eater Not!, and Noragami. One might be a hit.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

And Captain Earth, so 4 next year.

No dub trailers yet right?
    We got a big one last night.

Directors for the dub are Zach Bolton and Joel McDonald; and the writing team is the power trio of Jamie Marchi, Patrick Seitz, and Monica Rial. Yeah, this is DEFINITELY two-cour.
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 22nd December 2013 at 7:22 PM.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

It looks like alot of fun . And considering that these guys worked on Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Soul Eater, FMA (both shows), Darker Than Black, Eureka 7, and many others, it's OBVIOUSLY gonna be awesome!
    Current X and Y team:
    Greninja
    Driftblim
    Blaziken
    Lucario
    Venusaur
    Raichu

Quote Originally Posted by Starstorm❤️ View Post
    It looks like alot of fun . And considering that these guys worked on Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Soul Eater, FMA (both shows), Darker Than Black, Eureka 7, and many others, it's OBVIOUSLY gonna be awesome!
    It kind of irks me that's the way Toonami advertises it. The first two make sense, yeah, Shinchiro Watanabe, or course you're going to mention Bebop and Champloo. You're not going to say Kids on the Slope because most people didn't watch that. But Soul Eater and FMA were both adaptations. DTB and E7 are Bones originals but Tensai Okamura (the DTB creator) isn't even listed as working on Space Dandy. You've got your regular Bones staffers here and there but not the dream creative force that they want you to believe.

Is Space Dandy going to be two-cours like Bebop/Champloo?

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Is Space Dandy going to be two-cours like Bebop/Champloo?
    It is 26 episodes.
    My Anime List

I'll watch it, it seems pretty funny, I feeling the fanbase will really get on my nerves though.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

It's coming
    *Dandy intensifies*

I'm not the only one who honestly feels like this is gonna pull a Trigun and turn from happy-go-lucky to dark and serious halfway through.
    Because if it manages to pull it off as well as Trigun did, that is balancing humor and seriousness, it may very well shoot up to my top ten.

All in all I'm getting a 90s anime vibe from this, which is making me so hyped.

See you Space Dandy.

I don't know about it turning dark partway through. I think Watanabe made a comment like every episode is going to be like Mushroom Samba.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I don't know about it turning dark partway through. I think Watanabe made a comment like every episode is going to be like Mushroom Samba.
    That sounds even better
    Every episode of everything should be like mushroom samba

Well I just saw the first episode.
    And I must say.

That was the finest acid trip I've ever been on

"Now I remember why that was my last resort weapon"
    -Space Dandy

Well, they killed off the characters in the first episode, so I assume we're getting a new group every week?
    Douglas Adams

Welp, looks like I gave in to temptation. Everyone on the Aloha-Oe with the Elvis wannabe, we're going on the acid trip of the season... in space.

So is Dandy's unofficial theme song "Baby Got Back"?

Was going to watch both sub and dub, but the dub came along first, so I'm deciding to stick with the dub because it made me snort. The narrator sounds like Mike Pollock for some reason even though I know it's not him (though I love how he sounds sarcastic and probably bored, he's gonna be a prima donna isn't he?). QT is cute, and Meow makes me laugh, even though Dandy's dimwittedness is funny, too. I could care less for the first half (and thus convincing me for good I should not watch this at home that's not on a portable computer with headphones), but the last half once Meow came on-board was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Well, they killed off the characters in the first episode, so I assume we're getting a new group every week?
    In the preview, Dandy and gang are completely fine because come on, they survived through a lot of stuff that would've normally killed someone. Unless we're going back chronologically...? Though why would Meow be in the past with them...?

Or maybe it's part of the fourth wall shortage and they'll mention it next episode. Or they were the ones that rewrote the script so it may have never happened because f*** everyone they can (except they didn't tell the narrator).

Calling it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

It looked nice and that's the most I will give it. Maybe the next few episodes will be better.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    In the preview, Dandy and gang are completely fine because come on, they survived through a lot of stuff that would've normally killed someone. Unless we're going back chronologically...? Though why would Meow be in the past with them...?

Or maybe it's part of the fourth wall shortage and they'll mention it next episode. Or they were the ones that rewrote the script so it may have never happened because f*** everyone they can (except they didn't tell the narrator).

Calling it.
    I think that rope they pulled on will save them, and they'll go back in time. My problem is how did he get a weapon that could destroy a planet and who would give him such a thing?
    Douglas Adams

Fist half of episode 1 was good. Then they lost me with the alien hunting.

Episode 2 looks good however, so it may have just been the typical slow first episode.

I like the visual style and music a lot. And the robot was cool.
    Last edited by Zazie; 6th January 2014 at 6:02 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

"I will chase that man to infinity, and beyond."

There are so many sci-fi references it's not even funny.

I love you Space Dandy

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast