Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Space☆Dandy

I watched it with my friend and we both really enjoyed it. Lots of fun, looking forward to more.

I just watched the first episode. It was spectacular psychedelic space adventure in space. Was very fast passed, with an awesome style and I'm very excited for the next episode.

For Dorn
    For Terra
    For the Emperor

RIP Dandy, Meow and QT January 2014 - January 2014, you will be forever missed, and we will never forget you.... Maybe.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

I guess I'll stick watching this anime because the humor quality is high, not to mention the overly amazing action scene in the second half.

But since Dandy and Meow are high-class perverts, so many sex jokes and innuendos will be abound.

*Le sigh* Why must other high-quality anime shows be also the same ones that try to shoehorn perverts and big boobs? One day, I'll challenge a writing staff to avoid including sexual content... But screw that for now, I like this new anime.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    But since Dandy and Meow are high-class perverts, so many sex jokes and innuendos will be abound.

*Le sigh* Why must other high-quality anime shows be also the same ones that try to shoehorn perverts and big boobs? One day, I'll challenge a writing staff to avoid including sexual content... But screw that for now, I like this new anime.
    Because sex sells. Also someone had to make a reference to the green-skinned space/alien babe trope due to being in space. It was inevitable. Also "Dandy" is in the title. Another inevitability.

That's one of the reasons why I didn't want to watch the anime, but I'm already watching Kill la Kill and have seen my share of ecchi anyway, so I might as well have seen what the ruckus was all about. The... dub was too charming to turn away, especially during the second half. And I don't see Dandy acting like all of the other sex-crazed protagonists out there. *coughmanga!LupinIIIcough*

Though I could be wrong... we'll just wait and see.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I honestly enjoy this anime, sure it's not as great as some others out there, but remember it's only 2 episodes in at the moment and i just watched the 2nd episode earlier today and i found it pretty funny.

Learned two lessons from it, #1 Make sure you know who follows you on social media sites & #2 Hold onto your Ramen!

Alas tho, love these Breastuarants
    Pride is Unnecessary; Humble is bold
    3DS Friend Code: 1934-0895-1544 PM me if you add; Friend Safari (XL) Fire - Charmeleon/Fletchinder/Growlithe

*Le sigh* Why must other high-quality anime shows be also the same ones that try to shoehorn perverts and big boobs?
    Because you are watching the wrong high-quality anime. Go watch Chihayafuru or something.
    My Anime List

Not as good as first episode, but not bad either
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I really enjoyed this episode. Probably because there was only one scene at BooBies for like maybe only three minutes compared to the first episode in which it was in the entire first half. I don't know, there's just something much more intriguing about them going around and eating ramen while Meow consistently blogs their progress. I lost it when Dandy expelled his smartphone (or whatever they call it in-universe) in space and Meow screams. The characters are just so hopeless, it's really charming XD.

Though there's just something so damn hilarious as to how Pops just accidentally offs someone. His backstory for why he's so into ramen was actually pretty sweet, which made the past I dunno thirty seconds feel like a mood whiplash because you're chortling at what happened, and then suddenly you're smiling tearfully. Which is probably a good transition because chances are someone's laughed themselves to tears at that scene.

And I thought I recognized Scarlet's voice, she's Amelia Ann McFly on Trigun: Badlands Rumble. Sweeeeet. Hope she shows up more often.

Also I know I wasn't the only one who caught "Fullmetal Noodleist", but no one's pointed it out yet.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I really liked this episode, the part at the ramen stand gave me crazy-good Cowboy Bebop vibes. Much better than the first episode, overall. Also, I'm surprised the animation was good this week too. I thought they blew all the budget on episode 1 like most shows, but hopefully this level of quality is here to stay.

What Jolteon91 said.

I've been enjoying this show! At first, I thought it would be more along the lines of Cowboy Bebop, but after the first episode and knowing what to expect, I was able to enjoy Episode 2 more for what it actually was!

The best part so far, besides the animation, is the countless references they make in each episode. "To infinity and beyond" from Toy Story, every ramen shop was named after a sci-fi movie and one was called "Fullmetal Noodlist" obviously referencing FMA, and of course the fact that there is a Hooters parody is just funny. And actually, a lot of the comedy so far is fairly clean and not pervy, which is surprising.

And Dandy himself is basically an anime version of Johnny Bravo, so that adds to the funny.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    And Dandy himself is basically an anime version of Johnny Bravo, so that adds to the funny.
    Dandy is the Zapp Brannigan spin-off we didn't know we wanted.

I think that Space dandy is in the right stadium but it is still too early for me to call it a homerun. The theme of random space hijinks does not always work toward a shows favor but we shall see how it goes. The hero does have style going for him and as long as you have that, everything else will work itself out. right? RIGHT?!

This episode was fun.

Is it safe to start calling this "Tentacle Monsters: The Anime" now?

Also the mech having a pompadour was glorious.
    This show is a reaction-face goldmine.

Oh yeah, I did not want to sleep tonight anyway. Thanks, Dandy.

Also, is it safe to say this episode counts as getting crap past the radar? Because I doubt [adult swim] would really let anything resembling a vagina through. And I don't know if characters can flip the bird without it being blurred. (Though the character in question was a skeleton in the foreground.)

Whole episode reminded me of The ChubbChubbs now that I think about it...
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Speak for yourself, I always knew I wanted a Zapp spin-off.
    My Anime List

We should have a death count for how many times the MC's die in the series
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    We should have a death count for how many times the MC's die in the series
    Dandy: 1
    QT: 1
    Meow: 2

Dandy: 1
    QT: 1
    Meow: 2
    Why do I have a feeling this count will be much higher in 10 episodes? And that they won't even bother explaining how they magically came back to life each time?

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    LOL.

Surprisingly accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Okay, so for the first half, I was thankful I didn't watch this before I went to bed, because I don't think I would've been able to sleep. But as it went on, it got ridiculously funny. I'm not a zombie person in any way, but this was hilarious. Not sure if this was a way to turn the zombie genre on its head or what, but either way, many moaning laughs were uttered.

Dandy: 1.5
    QT: 1.5
    Meow: 2.5
    Dr. Gel: 2
    Inferno Cop: +1
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 9th February 2014 at 9:05 AM.
    I survived Pupa.

That was sure one way of making a UNIVERSAL zombie apocalypse funny...and yet it all somehow got back to normal in the next episode.

This has gotten to the point of "Oh my God! They killed Dandy!" "You bastards!" but no complaints.

Very funny episode, that one fight in the hospital was weird when the animation quality suddenly dropped to Gonzo on a bad day.

I love how they kill off the characters. Killing off the characters make the story feel really lighthearted, since we know they'll come back, which is good

Maybe there is a point to the deaths, like they're showing all these deaths to make something of the finale, like they're all alternate Universes or something. I dunno
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    I love how they kill off the characters. Killing off the characters make the story feel really lighthearted, since we know they'll come back, which is good

Maybe there is a point to the deaths, like they're showing all these deaths to make something of the finale, like they're all alternate Universes or something. I dunno
    Maybe it will explain why the Imperial Gorilla doctor is chasing after Dandy....

I wonder what wacky adventures our space friends will get into this ti-
    *watches episode preview*

oh

feels.gif

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast