Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Space☆Dandy

Am I the only one who didn't like this episode? It was kind of funny for like, 5 minutes, but spending half of the episode watching a zombie documentary gets kind of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    This has gotten to the point of "Oh my God! They killed Dandy!" "You bastards!" but no complaints.
    I was waiting to make a joke like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Wasn't a fan of the second half of the episode following Dandy, Meow and QT around during their lives as zombies.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

I thought the zombie thing was pretty clever. With the zombie craze today, it's all "The end is near!! The zombies are coming, the zombies are coming!!". You can see it in Attack on Titan (they're more or less giant zombies), but they did something different with it here. They actually made zombies funny.

Every other show would have a zombie apocalypse lead to the end of the world, doom and gloom, but Dandy says if everyone became a zombie, there'd be universal piece!

"We're not rotting, we're fermenting!"
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

Aww, this was a sweet, breather episode. Adélie should definitely come back, I'd love to see more of her so we can have more of Dandy's heart of gold moments. And also so we can see what kind of relationship she'd have with QT and Meow, since if she's considering joining him on the ship, she's going to get to know her shipmates. If she indeed grows into what Dandy (jokingly?) said, she and Meow are probably going to butt heads a lot.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

That was the sweetest episode ever. That penguin...alien thing looked suspiciously close to a Prinny from Disgaea.

But geez, to think that someone normal-looking like Adelie was an unknown alien in the galaxy.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Pretty sweet episode.

Be nice if she came back, but I seriously doubt it. Especially since she's not in the OP. Would have loved to see her around QT and Meow, though
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I just started watching it and I gotta say that I really like the art/animation style.

Oh Dandy, you big softy.

Best episode so far due entirely to Hanazawa Kana.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

I liked that episode mostly because it showed how likable Dandy can be. The episode felt very Bebop too, with a great montage in the middle.

It would be awesome if she comes back later as an adult from some accelerated aging excuse, but I'm not going to expect her to ever actually come back again.

I liked that episode mostly because it showed how likable Dandy can be. The episode felt very Bebop too, with a great montage in the middle.

It would be awesome if she comes back later as an adult from some accelerated aging excuse, but I'm not going to expect her to ever actually come back again.
    You say that when the characters inexplicably come back from death itself in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    You say that when the characters inexplicably come back from death itself in the next episode.
    They're special, since they're the main characters. Unless Adélie does turn out to be a main character, but we probably won't know for a while. We're only five episodes in, if she shows up again, that's all fine and dandy, but I won't complain if she doesn't.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Well it's the same sort of thing with Bebop and Champloo where you have an episode about a character who seems like they'll come back or even says that they'll meet again, but they never actually do. I got a similar feeling from this episode, so while I do want to see more of her, hopes are not up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    that's all fine and dandy

I really enjoyed episode 5, it was certainly a fresh breather and very so much sweet of Dandy not to get her registered, as if his heart melted when feeling bad for the alien girl.

The ending was enduring though as her last words under breath said "Baka'.
    But i doubt she'll return unless under certain circumstances along the show.
    Pride is Unnecessary; Humble is bold
    3DS Friend Code: 1934-0895-1544 PM me if you add; Friend Safari (XL) Fire - Charmeleon/Fletchinder/Growlithe

Anyhoo...

I just now realize Adélie is on the poster, but she's kinda small, so you'd have to really be looking for her. So this basically means we should be paying closer attention to the poster to see who's coming up next. In the meantime, I wonder if Honey will end up doing something awesome by the series' end, big or small.
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I wonder if Honey will end up doing something awesome by the series' end, big or small.
    I wonder if Honey will end up doing something. At all.

I wonder if Honey will end up doing something. At all.
    I just see her as a way for Bones to show how they're better than us.

I know that's what she's for, I just know it
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

I'm surprised Honey hasn't done more, I would've thought she did something important instead of just being generic recurring Boobies waitress.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Such broken English. Better English Yoda has.

This was a weird episode... not sure how I feel about it. Though I really do love these Chekhov's Guns that happen, and the ending was actually kinda pretty. So I can give this episode that, but it otherwise was a miss episode for me. Not bad, but not a favorite.

Am looking forward to next episode, though. That one should be fun.
    I survived Pupa.

The sixth episode was pretty much forgettable, though the ending was nice to look at (except Dandy in his underwear).

Weakest episode so far but the last two minutes were superb. Dandy is so handsome.

Next week: REDLIIII~IIIII~IIIIIINE

get hyped
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 10th February 2014 at 2:23 AM.

I liked the song at the end

And the OP and ED

And it was pretty
    Douglas Adams

Jar Jar Binks, is that you?

Just started watching this on demand. This show is the shit!!

That very ending oh my God. I was waiting for that reference, it was inevitable. All of the laughter. This was a great episode, much better than last week's.

I think I was right in that the skeleton from episode three flipping the bird in the foreground counted as getting crap past the radar, since it was blurred here. But oh well, not that it matters. I'm still reeling from the fact the flower host has boobs and a man's voice. Even though it makes sense...

Dandy: 1.5
        Spoiler:- spoilerz(?):

QT: 2.5
    Meow: 3.5
    Dr. Gel: 3

Because everyone except Dandy pretty much died in this episode. Shut up it counts.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 16th February 2014 at 7:44 AM.
    I survived Pupa.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast