Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 252

Thread: The Bamboozling Forest! (814)

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Why do people really hate this episode again? Is it because TR's intelligence went back to their DP era or is it because Ash is once again too stupid to tell Meowth will stab them on the back for the hundredth time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    Both. That, and Ash hogged the screen.
    True, but that kind of stuff didn't bother me that much since everything else worked. Though I have to admit the only thing I really couldn't stand was how having Team Rocket return to their Sinnoh selves was that Jessie was once again a disgustingly over-the-top diva -_-
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    I don't see how anyone can say TR were theior DP versions. In the Furfor ep,the last and this episode they were actually pretty good. If anything they were at their OS levels. A mix of skill and comedy. DP Rocket never showed any smarts. BW was the worst thing to happen to them since now everyone expects a bad ***,no soul TR all the time which would not work at all. I'm loving Inkay already due to the fact unlike BW they seem to care about the pokemon this time around. IN BW they cared so little for them they gave them to the boss. (Unlike the past pokes they had which were just stored at HQ and not given to the boss for him to use.

    With that said if we could get a mix of a badass TR when we need them with comedy that would work well for me. I doubt TR won't get serious in XY. I mean Giovanni did get a new outfit and the last time he did we got more TR focus. My guess is once the plot hits (maybe by gym 2) we get some interesting stuff with them. I am all for a legit rivalry with an evil team where the Rockets are seen as a threat to their plan

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    399

    Default

    BW TR has soul, XY TR are mindless idiots.

    I never expected no soul TR, because BW never gave it to us. BW TR had personalities that were subtle, while XY TR can't even contain themselves for five seconds. BW TR managed to bring out some decent humor here and there that was natural, while XY's is all forced.

    They can be badass while still being good characters, which BW TR is.
    Last edited by Benny+Lilia+Ash; 30th March 2014 at 7:57 PM.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    725

    Default

    A standard episode but I still enjoyed it including the following:

    - Inkay spraying Pangoro in the eye
    - Jessie catching Pumpkaboo so casually (A Pokémon I didn't think she would catch)
    - Froakie fixing Fennekin's tail with it's frubbles (another thing it can do) and then getting embarrassed by Fennekin liking it
    - Chespin being oblivious to most things
    - Ash's action scene

    Not the best, but certainly not the worst. On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

    Apparently i'm a...



    Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    BW TR has soul, XY TR are mindless idiots.

    I never expected no soul TR, because BW never gave it to us. BW TR had personalities that were subtle, while XY TR can't even contain themselves for five seconds. BW TR managed to bring out some decent humor here and there that was natural, while XY's is all forced.

    They can be badass while still being good characters, which BW TR is.

    Well considering how much you love BW of course you would bash new TR even when they are skillfull

  6. #231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Well considering how much you love BW of course you would bash new TR even when they are skillfull
    That's saying too much. The few things BW did well was TR before the made-up Decolore Islands came.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Live From Paris
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    This was a pretty good episode. Pangoro is now my favorite Gen 6 pokemon.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,832

    Default

    I loved this episode. Pangoro and Pancham are some of my favorite Kalos Pokemon so it was nice to see them.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Well considering how much you love BW of course you would bash new TR even when they are skillfull
    I have to ask what is your point?

    I never said current TR had no skill. They're better at battling than they ever were in BW, but they accomplish nothing, and they still end up just blasting off. Nothing good came out of their improved skills.

    And so what if I love BW? Other people love XY and I'm not complaining to them.
    Last edited by Benny+Lilia+Ash; 31st March 2014 at 10:04 PM.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    I have to ask what is your point?

    I never said current TR had no skill. They're better at battling than they ever were in BW, but they accomplish nothing, and they still end up just blasting off. Nothing good came out of their improved skills.

    And so what if I love BW? Other people love XY and I'm not complaining to them.
    Well they are the bad guys, no matter how they improve, they are going to lose.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    399

    Default

    They could at least put up a fight and contribute something to the plot instead of just being forced in just to mess with the heroes and then blast off.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    They could at least put up a fight and contribute something to the plot instead of just being forced in just to mess with the heroes and then blast off.
    Just because everyone Hates them on this thread, doesn't mean they are forced. If they are written for the episodes, people need to just deal with ot. It's 2014, stop beating the dead horse.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Please explain to me exactly in detail how they're not "forced".
    Last edited by Benny+Lilia+Ash; 31st March 2014 at 10:49 PM.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    Please explain to me exactly in detail how they're not "forced".
    They are main characters along with Ash and his friends, how can main characters be forced into their own series, where is the nonsense in that.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Being main characters means nothing if they had no real reason to appear. They didn't further the plot, they didn't do anything that would result in a major loss of the main story if they were not in it- their only purpose was to annoy everybody. So that's why I say they're forced.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    Being main characters means nothing if they had no real reason to appear. They didn't further the plot, they didn't do anything that would result in a major loss of the main story if they were not in it- their only purpose was to annoy everybody. So that's why I say they're forced.
    They don't annoy me, I think people should get over them appearing in every episode. Saying the episodes will be much better if they weren't in the story is fooling themselves, they are there get over it amd this has really derailed

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    They don't annoy me, I think people should get over them appearing in every episode. Saying the episodes will be much better if they weren't in the story is fooling themselves, they are there get over it amd this has really derailed
    By "everyone" I meant the characters, they're just pests now.

    Other than maybe XY episode 19, the rest of the episodes would be better, if they didn't use TR as a crutch, the episodes could have been more original. Look at how many episodes of Best Wishes! didn't have TR and were all the better for it. They may not appear in every XY episode but they are still forced in, and still appear in too many.
    Last edited by Benny+Lilia+Ash; 31st March 2014 at 11:11 PM.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

  18. #243

    Default

    A fine episode. There were definitely some hilarious moments, but other than that, it was okay. It was nice to see the Kalos starters getting screen time and some time together after being captured by Team Rocket.

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    They could at least put up a fight and contribute something to the plot instead of just being forced in just to mess with the heroes and then blast off.
    And this is a problem now because? This has been going on for years. Instead of focusing on TF like they need to, TR is in our faces even more than in BW, which is weird. But I won't complain because after a while it's like they are not even there.

    My ideal battle ever!

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    A fine episode. There were definitely some hilarious moments, but other than that, it was okay. It was nice to see the Kalos starters getting screen time and some time together after being captured by Team Rocket.
    at least for me i like the way how the pokemon would interact with each other after getting separated, overall i like the pikachu and meowth interactions ( best pokemon pairing from the old days) and the froakie and fennekin ( i can sense romance with these two i think).

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Coumarine City
    Posts
    1,206

    Default "The Bamboozling Forest!"

    I thought this episode was pretty decent. It's nice seeing Ash and co. having lunch with all of their Pokémon out in the beginning. Since Brock or Cilan isn't in XY anymore, I wonder who made all the delicious-looking food that they were eating? I think it's Serena because she baked Macarons in the last episode, so maybe she's the one who cooked the food.

    The two Pancham seemed nice at first, but when they exchanged those mischievious glances, I was expecting them to do something stupid .... and they did! They ate up all the food and got away with it. Clemont's Pokémon translator was right was pretty good, as it was able to translet the Pacham's 'Poké-talk' before exploding. Nice to see some personality traits of Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin. Froakie being suspecious about Meowth, Fennekin caring about its appearance, and Chespin being clueless. It's cute when Froakie fixed Fennekin's tail with its Frubbles, hopefully they'll become closer as the series goes on. The scene where Ash helped Serena cross the river was cute as well. It was pretty surprising to see Dedenne being used to find the Pokémon! After the last couple of times Bonnie asked Dedenne for help ... it was taking a nap, so I was expecting Dedenne to take a nap again. Thankfully it didn't happen this time.

    Team Rocket bickering over who would get the credit for the steal was very annoying, it reminded me of the OS/DP episodes where they used to bicker about pointless things. Also, TRio catpured a Pangoro and Pancham... but why the heck they waited for Ash and co. to return?? They've just captured two wild pokemon, so they should've just send them to the boss.... but no, they decided to be stupid and wasted the opportunity. As for Jessie catching Pumpkaboo, it was rather random. All she did was throw a Pokéball and Pumpkaboo was caught.

    The battle between Team Rocket and the protagonists was pretty good though. The usage Leech Seed was inventive, and it's cool how the writers showed that the absorption of Leech Seed dosen't work on Chespin. The best part of this episode was Ash's badass running and jumping to give Pangoro the leaf, that was awesome! I also liked how all the Pokémon teamed up to protect him from Team Rocket's attacks.
    Pokémon XY


    Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

    Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Valor Resort, TX
    Posts
    3,666

    Default

    Oh Meowth and his "truces". We all know by now that he's a two faced Pokemon. I give kudos to Pikachu for not being a jerk, even though Meowth doesn't deserve Pikachu's kindness.

    I do like how Pikachu even gets his own title card at the beginning.

    Jessie catching a Pumpkaboo was great addition to the team, but their first encounter with it was all "uhh, okay". I honestly dont know how to put it.

    Pangoro was cool, but all this time I was calling it "Pan-gore-O". "Pan-go-row" sounds easier on the tongue to pronounce anyhow.

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    And this is a problem now because? This has been going on for years. Instead of focusing on TF like they need to, TR is in our faces even more than in BW, which is weird. But I won't complain because after a while it's like they are not even there.
    It's a problem for me now because it's a downgrade from BW. It's been going on for years before BW, but that doesn't mean it is good.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

  24. #249
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jinhua, Zhejiang.
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    This is an average episode to me. Just one minor thing I think the writers could have treat better for this. While Nyarth was staying behind with Yancham and Goronda, I think at least Satoshi stayed behind to make sure Nyarth does not do anything bad when Serena and Citron went on to find the leaves.

    Also, Fokko's taste was quite strange. She loves eating tree branches which is not common for Pokémon food.

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    It's a problem for me now because it's a downgrade from BW. It's been going on for years before BW, but that doesn't mean it is good.
    I never said it was. It seems like some tactic to keep the other characters that aren't doing anything do something when it's not something that is needed.

    My ideal battle ever!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •