Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bamboozling Forest! (814)

I liked this episode, it felt more dynamic than most episodes of its caliber (as in take away Jessie catching Pumpkaboo and this would've been completely filler).

But it was very nice indeed.

There's really nothing I didn't like, outside of maybe Fletchling failing due to an ink spurt from Inkay but other than that, it was a fine episode.

I kind of liked it a little bit more than the Chespin capture episode. I guess it was fun but not over the top and it didn't feel like anything was shoved down our throat.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I really liked the Pokemon interactions. Yeah, Meowth teaming up with Pikachu has been done to death and will never seem believable again thanks to the Meowth arc in BW(the fact that Pikachu doesn't want to rip this man's soul apart every chance he gets upsets me), buut I'll let it pass cause I suppose the potential new audience joining in on XY needs to see it once. The Decolora episode was way more offensive. Froakie is amazing. He can even take care of beauty issues, what a gentleman. And I suppose Fennekin's pretty much confirmed to be female, not surprised.
    What made the episode for me was dat heroic Ash though. Hnnnng the poweeeerrr.

EDIT: Oh, and I gotta add how much I love the TR captures in this series. They're such BS it's funny. Jessie just randomly throws the ball and that's it. I like how James's reaction to the BS he's witnessing parallels Jessie's and Meowth's reactions to when he got Inkay.

EDIT 2: Btw are we just gonna ignore the fact that Clemont just created a Pokemon translator machine on the spot? ....HELLO? THIS MAN SHOULD BE A MILLIONARE. That is seriously weird to just throw out like that, I mean realistically EVERYONE would want to have one of those and people like Oak would sell their grandchildren(who's names they forgot anyway) to get their hands on it.

EDIT 3: That Leech Seed is broken af OMG. They're probably gonna gonna nerf it to hell in future TR appearances lol. Hopefully not.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 19th December 2013 at 8:26 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

WOW Dedenne can actually DO things. And what were TR bickering about when the balloon blew up? It looked like James was bragging about Inkay.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    EDIT 3: That Leech Seed is broken af OMG. They're probably gonna gonna nerf it to hell in future TR appearances lol. Hopefully not.
    An interesting fact about Leech Seed's animation in today's episode was that though it showed that it was able to trap every pokemon, but the draining effect didn't seem on only one pokemon i.e., Chespin.

We can clearly see that the draining effect animation is shown on all expect Chespin, which means that the writers/animators atleart remembered some of the effects of that move.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    WOW Dedenne can actually DO things. And what were TR bickering about when the balloon blew up? It looked like James was bragging about Inkay.
    I think it was about who gets to take the credit (infront of their boss) for the capture of those 4 pokemons.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 19th December 2013 at 8:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    An interesting fact about Leech Seed's animation in today's episode was that though it showed that it was able to trap every pokemon, but the draining effect didn't seem on only one pokemon i.e., Chespin.

We can clearly see that the draining effect animation is shown on all expect Chespin, which means that the writers/animators atleart remembered some of the effects of that move.

I think it was about who gets to take the credit (infront of their boss) for the capture of those 4 pokemons.
    That's what I thought their argument was too. Good to see Chespin unaffected by it. New writers are doing their homework.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

I was a little disappointed that no one picked up a Pancham this episode. I was so rooting for Ash to get one.
    FC: 3411-1144-9472. Type: Normal. Pokemon: , ,

Shinies:

i might be thinking why serena didn't catch a pancham, maybe she chooses what to catch?

I really like seeing the Pokemon on the main cast interact..Froakie reminds me of a mixture between Buizel and Croagunk it seems like he's the most mature Pokemon on the main cast right now.

Also Inkay casually squirting ink at Pangoro was funny.
    Last edited by JD; 19th December 2013 at 10:02 PM.

I really liked this episode, as a filler they got a lot of mileage out of Pancham and Pangoro as Pokemon and showed them off well.

I like that the Pokemon getting lost episode was done this early, when we still don't know a lot about the personalities of all the Pokemon, it reminds me of the Kanto episode where they get lost on the theme park island and we get to know each Pokemon's personality. Fennekin getting upset about its fur being messed up is a nice little character trait that could lead to some interesting developments if it adversely affects her battling. Froakie continues to exude a lot of personality just through its mannerisms.

Team Rocket is still in a good place in terms of competence vs. goofiness, and I like these early battles where the main trio doesn't have so much firepower that it seems incredibly lopsided.

All-in-all, a fun, well paced episode that gives the Pokemon some decent screentime (I am still a bit worried about Bunnelby though).
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    I really liked this episode, as a filler they got a lot of mileage out of Pancham and Pangoro as Pokemon and showed them off well.
    Even without the capture this still wouldn't be a filler.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

This was such a good episode tbh. I loved the Pancham; they were adorable. I was pressed @ Froakie throwing frubble at them at the start though; why is using frubble to attack everything always his first instinct? Anyway, I loved how the Pancham ate all of Ash and friend's food and how they fled when Team Rocket arrived. They were so smart lol. I was kind of disappointed in Fletchling though; I thought it would do more but it couldn't even pop Team Rocket's balloon. Speaking of which, what was with Jessie and James battling and blowing up the balloon? It seemed like they were having a heated argument. Anyway, I fell in love with Pangoro. I just loved how it tossed Meowth into the sky when Meowth dropped on its head. I rolled my eyes when Pikachu decided to help Meowth; it was so obvious that Meowth would try to use Pikachu and the others. I loved how Inkay squirted ink at Pangoro when Jessie and James found the two Pancham. Jessie and James's freaked out expressions were hilarious. Fennekin being worried about her un-groomed tail and Froakie helping her with his frubble was a cute moment. It was adorable how Froakie blushed. BalmyShipping confirmed. Jessie catching Pumpkaboo was quick like I thought it would be, and seeing Dedenne being put to good use was nice to see. I'm glad Chespin defended itself when Pangoro showed up, although seeing Pangoro lose confidence was disappointing; I wanted to see it thrash around the bamboo forest some more. Seeing Ash and friends retrieve a new branch for Pangoro was interesting, but I screamed @ Team Rocket successfully tying Pangoro and Pancham while Ash and friends were away. I liked that Pumpkaboo was competent enough to trap the other Pokemon with Leech Seed and watching Ash risk his life to give Pangoro the branch was great; I loved the animation and that all the Pokemon helped blow Inkay and Pumpkaboo's attacks away. So yeah, the whole episode was great. The setting was original and there were tons of funny moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Really? Must have missed that. Still, this does screw with my prediction of Ash getting Pumpkaboo, Serena getting Phantump, and then they trade so Serena gets Gourgeist and Ash gets Trevenant...

And Forest's Curse is the signature move of the Phantump line. Pumpkaboo's signature move is Trick-Or-Treat.
    Ash is likely getting skiddo.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Even without the capture this still wouldn't be a filler.
    Is really a debuting a Pokemon really make it non filler?

I'm pretty sure you can skip them and not miss anything.

Jessie getting Pumpkaboo should be the only thing that makes it non filler.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Ash is likely getting skiddo.
    Not while Alexa has her hands on Gogoat. At this point, I'm more partial to Ash getting a Phantump so he can fill his "Ghost" slot that Haunter has left vacant since the middle of the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

Which she actually did. Therefore, it's BARELY non-filler.

I first read playerking's summary and was surprised at how pointless this episode seemed. Pancham and Pangoro could have been replaced by almost any other Pokemon and the same things would have happened. They could have had better debuts. Jessie capturing Pumpkaboo also seemed incredibly ham-fisted, as if the writers suddenly thought she should own a Kalos Pokemon right about now.

But then I watched the episode and enjoyed it. It was consistently funny and probably the best comedic episode of 2013. I also liked the Pikachu/Meowth/Starters interactions way more than I thought I would.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I have to congratulate the episode for taking the time to show each pokemon's distinct personality. I was waiting for Fennekin to show some sort of attitude and she finally did. Her preoccupation for her looks are extremely cute and so was Froakie helping her. There's was also that moment when she chewed on twigs ( I was waiting for that) and Chespin tried it and disliked the taste which made both so endearing. That's all I wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

Chespin using a new move should be enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I also liked the Pikachu/Meowth/Starters interactions way more than I thought I would.
    I liked that Froakie didn't want Pikachu to help Meowth; for once I thought he showed the right attitude and I cackled @ Chespin's willingness to help out. I also liked how perceptive Pikachu was; he realized that the Pancham were tricking Ash and the others to eat their food from the start. I like when the Pokemon show little quirks like that.

After the amazing last episode I thought XY was finally hitting its stride. Then this boring excuse of a pseudo filler happened. If not for jessie catching pumpkaboo, this would actually be total filler.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    After the amazing last episode I thought XY was finally hitting its stride.
    What? I thought you hated the last episode since it showed Chespin going to Clemont instead of Ash?

I do like how they're letting TR's Pokemon have more personality now. Inkay spraying Pangoro randomly was great.

I do like how they're letting TR's Pokemon have more personality now. Inkay spraying Pangoro randomly was great.
    I wish we could say the same thing for TR. Speaking of which, I find it strange that Jessie and James caught both of their Kalos Pokemon without a simple battle. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I liked that Froakie didn't want Pikachu to help Meowth; for once I thought he showed the right attitude and I cackled @ Chespin's willingness to help out. I also liked how perceptive Pikachu was; he realized that the Pancham were tricking Ash and the others to eat their food from the start. I like when the Pokemon show little quirks like that.
    Agreed, and they've been really building on these traits. Pikachu's definitely gotten a care-taker role and has gotten a keen eye, while Froakie seems wary of a lot of people and Pokemon due to his background. Chespin stupidly wanting to help out was pretty cute, and even Fennekin getting riled up over her tail was a blip of personality.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    I wish we could say the same thing for TR. Speaking of which, I find it strange that Jessie and James caught both of their Kalos Pokemon without a simple battle. What's up with that?
    I didn't mind. James catching Inkay without battling was expected (at least from me) and Jessie catching Pumpkaboo so quickly was a good thing in my eyes since it didn't take away from the main plot (I was more interested in the Pancham and other pokemon).

That part made me laugh out loud. Jessie and James's reactions were hilarious xD

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast