Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bamboozling Forest! (814)

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Err, sorry I agree with you????
    Right.

Where those two iterations are basically the same? Yeah sure.
    ...they were the same from BW122 into BW123? Seriously?

Excuse me for not notching the difference between "goofy" and " a bit less goofy".
    Maybe you should watch the episodes and see how they act when they actually do have real characterization. Go on, Pokemon.com has some great ones right now.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Please.

Team Rocket bicker about anything and everything.

It's noting new.

I mean seriously there's that DP Noodle episode, where they got in a fight and split up for the episode.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post

...they were the same from BW122 into BW123? Seriously?
    No. But I thought you were comparing their Da selves to XY. In that case, It's character backtracking, but it's not backtracking into a completely different OOC iteration, it's backtracking into a previous established persona of TR.

Maybe you should watch the episodes and see how they act when they actually do have real characterization. Go on, Pokemon.com has some great ones right now.
    Ignoring the obvious patronizing. I am well aware that they have genuine character focus and depth in OS, BUT as far as mannerisms are concerned they lean far more to their XY selves than BW imo.

Boring mess, not to mention we literally just did an episode like this back in Da! with the honey episode.

Oh, they're mindless drones alright. They're just stuck on "we must be as over the top and irrelevant as possible at all times" now.

Lorde is right, them fighting over who gets the credit is completely out of character now.
    You do realize mindless drone means completely devoid of personality, right?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

To be fair for everyone, TR's personalities really go all over the place. They're goofy, they're serious. They're clueless, they're smart. They succeed, they fail. They're good, they're bad.

To put it in a general way, everyone can be right about TR's personalities being either in-character or OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Please.

Team Rocket bicker about anything and everything.

It's noting new.

I mean seriously there's that DP Noodle episode, where they got in a fight and split up for the episode.
    They don't often fight over who gets credit for their schemes while at the same time sabotaging said schemes though. They were on the verge of succeeding and they ruined everything by bickering and attacking each other. It was one of the flaws of this episode, but I at least thought that Team Rocket was more bearable than usual, so kudos to them I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    They don't often fight over who gets credit for their schemes while at the same time sabotaging said schemes though. They were on the verge of succeeding and they ruined everything by bickering and attacking each other. It was one of the flaws of this episode, but I at least thought that Team Rocket was more bearable than usual, so kudos to them I guess.
    It could've just been one of those times where tensions were high, and they were already irritable.

I mean I'm sure people can agree that sometimes one thing doesn't bother them, then another time, the same thing that didn't bother them last time causes them to blow a gasket.

And that was ridiculously out-of-character too. Not just because of them fighting but because of the whole "lol screw Team Rocket, we'll just leave" thing. Every time that comes up it's wrong.

You do realize mindless drone means completely devoid of personality, right?
    Yeah, and if "lol we make funny faces and act stupid for no reason whatsoever!!!!11111 so random!!!!!!!" is a personality, then the cutaway gags on Family Guy have personalities of their own too. Last time they did anything like this they at least made feeble attempts at justifying it through the boss fantasies.

No. But I thought you were comparing their Da selves to XY. In that case, It's character backtracking, but it's not backtracking into a completely different OOC iteration, it's backtracking into a previous established persona of TR.

Ignoring the obvious patronizing. I am well aware that they have genuine character focus and depth in OS, BUT as far as mannerisms are concerned they lean far more to their XY selves than BW imo.
    These two things contradict each other. Just because they make funny faces in Kanto episodes doesn't make them "far more" like what they are now. You're comparing actual characters to infantilized parodies of themselves. Again, watch the episodes and tell me with a straight face they're the same.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

These two things contradict each other. Just because they make funny faces in Kanto episodes doesn't make them "far more" like what they are now. You're comparing actual characters to infantilized parodies of themselves. Again, watch the episodes and tell me with a straight face they're the same.
    Im not saying they are the same characters. But if I had make a choice of what iteration they resemble more, their no-nonsense competent BW selves or their super silly almost flanderized XY selves, id have to kinda go with the later (Yes OS TR was fairly serious in their first appearance but every subsequent appearance had put them in a fairly lighthearted role) .

I no longer see the point of all this arguing, for both sides really.

Like I previously said, TR has been flip-flopping all over both sides of many emotions throughout the course of the series that it's practically impossible to determine what's in-character or OOC. Now that I say that, I retract all of my agreements that TR has been OOC in the episode via their argument, and putting a neutral opinion about it, since they've argued in the past, indeed, but they've also cooperated well with one another. I can no longer tell for sure.

I find it funny that this argument started all because of TR arguing.

Im not saying they are the same characters. But if I had make a choice of what iteration they resemble more, their no-nonsense competent BW selves or their super silly almost flanderized XY selves, id have to kinda go with the later (Yes OS TR was fairly serious in their first appearance but every subsequent appearance had put them in a fairly lighthearted role) .
    Oh I'm not denying it's very different from BW, too. But OS is so far from both BW and XY that it's practically a three-sided issue. They're flanderized to such an extreme and so gutted of all characterization that the only similarity between OS and XY is "they make silly faces." There isn't even anything else to them in XY to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    I no longer see the point of all this arguing, for both sides really.

Like I previously said, TR has been flip-flopping all over both sides of many emotions throughout the course of the series that it's practically impossible to determine what's in-character or OOC. Now that I say that, I retract all of my agreements that TR has been OOC in the episode via their argument, and putting a neutral opinion about it, since they've argued in the past, indeed, but they've also cooperated well with one another. I can no longer tell for sure.

I find it funny that this argument started all because of TR arguing.
    In order for this to be in-character at this point, you have to completely discard a good amount of character development. Just totally ignore it and retcon it out of existence.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

In order for this to be in-character at this point, you have to completely discard a good amount of character development. Just totally ignore it and retcon it out of existence.
    Yeah, that's right. You know, unintentional or not, I think the writers have succeeded in making TR possibly the most complex characters on the show, through all of their flip-flopping with their personalities. It's just a matter of whether or not this flip-flopping sets into your mind the right way or the wrong way.

Oh I'm not denying it's very different from BW, too. But OS is so far from both BW and XY that it's practically a three-sided issue. They're flanderized to such an extreme and so gutted of all characterization that the only similarity between OS and XY is "they make silly faces." There isn't even anything else to them in XY to compare.

Agreed. At this point, Team Rocket are hopelessly flanderized beyond recognition in XY, IMO. Whatever character development they went through in BW has been dropped entirely since Da!, and this has carried over into XY, where they are so incredibly...stupid...that not a single trace of the depth of character they had once before, like in the OS way back when, remains at all.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Team Rocket didn't do their motto today.

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Team Rocket didn't do their motto today.
    Now that...THAT is what I'd call OOC. (Even though I know they haven't been reciting their motto for some of BW too, I'm just too used to their motto!)

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    Now that...THAT is what I'd call OOC. (Even though I know they haven't been reciting their motto for some of BW too, I'm just too used to their motto!)
    I agree with that, but then I remember TR saying their motto almost all of the time in BW...very few times I can recall they didn't. I liked that it wasn't the Original Motto rehashed again like in the Hoenn Portion of AG, only this time with the Kalos Saga (another reference to that series much?), and they went with their own motto for the Unova Saga, too, which was nice.
    Last edited by Sushi; 20th December 2013 at 9:45 AM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Noob question: Is it considered filler when the interaction between (human) characters' pokemon are being showcased every minute in that said episode knowing that the title of the show is "Pokemon"?

I read both positive and negative criticisms about Team Rocket/Rocket Gang. I do hope that they won't be appearing every episode straight starting the New Year. Although in fairness, I kinda enjoyed seeing them in this episode.

Some gifs:

While it is true that Satoshi acts first before thinking oftenly, he looked cool at this parts:

Extra gifs:
        Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Noob question: Is it considered filler when the interaction between (human) characters' pokemon are being showcased every minute in that said episode knowing that the title of the show is "Pokemon"?

I read both positive and negative criticisms about Team Rocket/Rocket Gang. I do hope that they won't be appearing every episode straight starting the New Year. Although in fairness, I kinda enjoyed seeing them in this episode.

Some gifs:

While it is true that Satoshi acts first before thinking oftenly, he looked cool at this parts:

Extra gifs:
        Spoiler:
    Ash was actually pretty cool and funny today, IMO, but that gif of Team Rocket you showed describes what I generally think of their IQ at this point and time.

It also looks like this episode shows us Fennekin's personality judging by the pics. The past episodes she appeared in didn't really allow for us to analyze her properly.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Ash was actually pretty cool and funny today, IMO, but that gif of Team Rocket you showed describes what I generally think of their IQ at this point and time.
    Yep. I mean why the heck would you wanna have a battle on such an unsafe area? :/ But of course, they're more comedians than villains...

oh and another extra...
        Spoiler:

I'm sorry but TR was terrible this episode. I mean 3 times?? Blasting off three ****ing times in one episode?? That's total ********, 4 if you wanna count Meowth blasting off alone.

If not for the end with Pumpkaboo being useful, it would of just been like every other useless DP episode they were in(TR wise).
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I'm sorry but TR was terrible this episode. I mean 3 times?? Blasting off three ****ing times in one episode?? That's total ********, 4 if you wanna count Meowth blasting off alone.

If not for the end with Pumpkaboo being useful, it would of just been like every other useless DP episode they were in(TR wise).
    Seconded, bro: they really ruined an otherwise good episode with their antics for me this time around. Well, I don't like the annoying characteristic they gave Serena's Fennekin of being overly obsessed about how great its fur was, but that's nothing compared to how beyond terrible TR was this episode. Seriously, is there anything going on in their skulls anymore?

Pumpkaboo was funny and useful, but that wasn't enough to make up for...this. They're pretty much just as bad or even worse in XY to me so far...man, they suck now.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Yep. I mean why the heck would you wanna have a battle on such an unsafe area? :/ But of course, they're more comedians than villains...

oh and another extra...
        Spoiler:
    I don't get it, either: I mean, really, why would James ask his Inkay to attack Jessie's Wobbuffet up there, and then Jessie command her Wobbuffet to use Mirror Coat and end up redirecting the attack to accidentally then blow up the...*sighs*.

They are more comedians than villains, but that doesn't excuse blatant stupidity like this...they could be funny and still have some depth at least. :'(

I actually enjoy that Fennekin seems to be taking after it's trainer, I don't think we ever seen a main character's Pokemon that actually cared about it's own looks/grooming, then again it might be the cute expressions it made that one me over.

I actually enjoy that Fennekin seems to be taking after it's trainer, I don't think we ever seen a main character's Pokemon that actually cared about it's own looks/grooming, then again it might be the cute expressions it made that one me over.
    Probably more or less a combination of both, bro. I can't say I like this characteristic they gave it, but on the flip side, I do like what they've given Froakie in return.

There's over 100 episodes. Why do so many people expect every episode to be non-filler? Like seriously, it's not like this is something new, any anime with a ton of episodes to work with has filler episodes. And before someone points out how this episode wasn't really a filler, I know it had some important thing in it (Like Jessie catching Pumpkaboo and the Pokemon interactions). I'm just talking about the people on this thread who were basically upset that this was a "filler" episode.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast