Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 252

Thread: The Bamboozling Forest! (814)

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post

    Why is it that I'm not surprised to see that kind of scene?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Yep. I mean why the heck would you wanna have a battle on such an unsafe area? :/ But of course, they're more comedians than villains...

    oh and another extra...
        Spoiler:
    And this just made me love Fennekin even more. It was brief but I enjoyed seeing Fennekin's personality shine at last. It does take after it's trainer. And the twig was nice as well.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I had a feeling that Jessie was gonna catch that Pumpkaboo when I saw it in the preview. Kinda disappointed that it looks like Ash might not get a Pancham but at least it looks like he might get a Spewpa soon. Now we just need Serena to catch something.
    3DS FC: 3711-7165-2684
    Normal type safari:

    Message me if you want to battle

    Currently seeking: level 1 male Modest , level 1 male Moxie ability that knows Zen Headbutt & Ice Punch, any pokemon with good egg moves and stats, shinies, ev trained pokemon

    Offering: Pokerus, Froakie, Chespin, Fennekin, Tyrunt, Amaura, other pokemon, Blastoisinite, Gardevoirite, Venusaurite

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    I think that Pangoro had the hidden Ablitity Scrappy if it was able to hit Punkinboo

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    545

    Default

    I really like the interactions between all the Pokémon here. Fennekin likes to be kept groomed, Froakie is pretty sweet in helping her with that. Chespin has an honest side to him in seemingly being the one to help Meowth despite events in this and last week's events. Inkay just plain loves to spray anyone and anything with ink, including Pangoro.

    I really like how Jessie's capture mirrored James' too. Ash and the other Pokémon working together for that badass scene at the end was awesome too.

    Good episode, I think BW and XY are particularly good at writing filler episodes (yes a Pokémon was caught but it was still a filler plot).

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    There's a lot of scenes I didn't quite understand in this episode. Like why Team Rocket's balloon's mode of steering looked like it belonged on a ship rather than a hot air balloon. It was a ship's wheel...so....what was going on there?
    I also didn't get a lot of Froakie's actions, after he got separated from the others and reunited with the other pokemon. What was the point of him covering his face with his Frubbles, before Pikachu came out of the bush? What purpose did that serve, exactly? And why did he appear to slap Pikachu's hand away, when they were trying to turn Chespin right-side up? Because Pikachu still helped pull Chespin out. I don't get it.
    And I don't get why, if Ash's Fletchling hadn't been captured by Jessie's Pumpkaboo's leech seed, he couldn't have used it to carry the leaf to Pangoro and drop it in its mouth, rather that stupidly risking his life simply running in head on, without thinking, and putting it in Pangoro's mouth, himself. Not only did he endanger his own life by doing that, but to charge in and then make the pokemon- show's energy is getting depleted through the leech seed, work to fend off incoming enemy attacks also shows no consideration for the Pokemon and their health, all because Ash failed to analyze the situation and his options to get the stick to Pangoro, properly. Such a kind, selfless trainer.....

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Missingno View Post
    There's a lot of scenes I didn't quite understand in this episode. Like why Team Rocket's balloon's mode of steering looked like it belonged on a ship rather than a hot air balloon. It was a ship's wheel...so....what was going on there?
    I think it's always been that way in the anime, so I'm not sure. Then again, I don't tend to think about stuff like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Missingno View Post
    I also didn't get a lot of Froakie's actions, after he got separated from the others and reunited with the other pokemon. What was the point of him covering his face with his Frubbles, before Pikachu came out of the bush? What purpose did that serve, exactly? And why did he appear to slap Pikachu's hand away, when they were trying to turn Chespin right-side up? Because Pikachu still helped pull Chespin out. I don't get it.
    He hid his face with his Frubbles because he thought Pikachu was an enemy at first, and his Frubble hood was likely his way of going into battle mode or something. As for Chespin, I recall both pulling their arms away because Chespin's feet were sharp, as far as I can tell. Then, both helped Chespin out when Chespin laid still for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Missingno View Post
    And I don't get why, if Ash's Fletchling hadn't been captured by Jessie's Pumpkaboo's leech seed, he couldn't have used it to carry the leaf to Pangoro and drop it in its mouth, rather that stupidly risking his life simply running in head on, without thinking, and putting it in Pangoro's mouth, himself. Not only did he endanger his own life by doing that, but to charge in and then make the pokemon- show's energy is getting depleted through the leech seed, work to fend off incoming enemy attacks also shows no consideration for the Pokemon and their health, all because Ash failed to analyze the situation and his options to get the stick to Pangoro, properly. Such a kind, selfless trainer.....
    That...I don't know. I guess it was just Ash, being his reckless self?

    In fact, I just realized that Fletchling had been forgotten for the rest of the episode.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    Why is it that I'm not surprised to see that kind of scene?
    isn't that why the writers planned tr had some sort of argument, and i never thought that it would turned out to this

    james inkay attacking jessie's wobbufet. i'm sure we saw something like this in the past arcs

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    isn't that why the writers planned tr had some sort of argument, and i never thought that it would turned out to this

    james inkay attacking jessie's wobbufet. i'm sure we saw something like this in the past arcs
    I honestly haven't, but I'm still not surprised. That post was supposed to be more of an appeal to humor anyway.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    I think it's always been that way in the anime, so I'm not sure. Then again, I don't tend to think about stuff like that.



    He hid his face with his Frubbles because he thought Pikachu was an enemy at first, and his Frubble hood was likely his way of going into battle mode or something. As for Chespin, I recall both pulling their arms away because Chespin's feet were sharp, as far as I can tell. Then, both helped Chespin out when Chespin laid still for them.



    That...I don't know. I guess it was just Ash, being his reckless self?

    In fact, I just realized that Fletchling had been forgotten for the rest of the episode.
    I can't seem to recall that wheel ever being there before. I'm sure I would've noticed it and questioned it, in past episodes, if it were. It just seems so out of place.
    Sorry, but I still don't get the face mask Frubbles thing. I know Froakie had it over his head in its introduction episode, but I didn't get it, then, either. If it feared that Pikachu was an enemy, before actually seeing it, then I'm still left confused as to why it didn't simply throw the Frubbles at it or fired off a water attack, like most pokemon seem to to do upon encountering an predator or enemy. Even fleeing would've been a more logical option, if Froakie thought it was in danger- the water it came out of was literally right there, and Pikachu could've come out and be all like "wait, it's just me! Come back!" But nope- Froakie just sits there and...apparently pulls a Frubble mask over its face...like it's the least bit intimidating. Yeah.... It just looks and seems ridiculously silly to me.

    Re-watching the part where Froakie and Pikachu encountered Chespin, I realize that you might be right on that one. I originally thought that Froakie pushed Pikachu's hand away, but looking at it now, it looks like poor Froak took a kick- or painful poke to the face from Chespin's foot, and happened to swing its arm out in response, at the same time Pikachu pulled its hands back, before Chespin looked like it was told to stop squirming so both could get a grasp on it.

    Pfft. Figures. Ash just doesn't think about the consequences to his actions and the risk he might be putting not only his, but his friend's Pokemon through, in the process. And after all that, no one even thinks to scold him. Not his Pokemon, who were hurt and had to expend energy as it was being depleted trying to support Ash's recklessness and fend off the attacks, not his friends, who's pokemon were also endangered thanks to Ash. No repercussions whatsoever. i would've at least expected Serena to say something at the end about it, since she appears to cafe for Ash more strongly than the others, but, nope. Everyone's just ok with it. Ugh.

    Fletchling feels like it's been getting shafted a lot, recently. Froakie seems to be getting more the spotlight.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Missingno View Post
    I can't seem to recall that wheel ever being there before. I'm sure I would've noticed it and questioned it, in past episodes, if it were. It just seems so out of place.
    Wheel? I didn't realize there was a wheel. Maybe they added it off-screen?

    I don't tend to think much of it anyway, which explains why I didn't mention a wheel before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Missingno View Post
    Sorry, but I still don't get the face mask Frubbles thing. I know Froakie had it over his head in its introduction episode, but I didn't get it, then, either. If it feared that Pikachu was an enemy, before actually seeing it, then I'm still left confused as to why it didn't simply throw the Frubbles at it or fired off a water attack, like most pokemon seem to to do upon encountering an predator or enemy. Even fleeing would've been a more logical option, if Froakie thought it was in danger- the water it came out of was literally right there, and Pikachu could've come out and be all like "wait, it's just me! Come back!" But nope- Froakie just sits there and...apparently pulls a Frubble mask over its face...like it's the least bit intimidating. Yeah.... It just looks and seems ridiculously silly to me.
    Okay, with what you said, I would like to reword my response: Froakie was probably being cautious. He didn't know what was gonna come out of the bush, after all.

    Besides, considering the last time he threw Frubble into a bush under the pretense that it could've been a threat, he probably didn't want to repeat that flub.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Am I the only one who finds Pumpkaboo 'CHA CHA CHA' and Inkay hilarious?

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Am I the only one who finds Pumpkaboo 'CHA CHA CHA' and Inkay hilarious?
    Nope. I'm with you on that as well.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Am I the only one who finds Pumpkaboo 'CHA CHA CHA' and Inkay hilarious?
    It was funny. And to that one poster, please tell me this isn't your first anime or series, because clearly you are either asking way too many questions or taking this all too seriously. Why should Ash be scolded for anything, he was doing what was right as a hero to rush in, plus his Pokemon and his friends's Pokemon too back him up.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Am I the only one who finds Pumpkaboo 'CHA CHA CHA' and Inkay hilarious?
    They're funnier than their actual trainers now, tbh.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post

    It was funny. And to that one poster, please tell me this isn't your first anime or series, because clearly you are either asking way too many questions or taking this all too seriously. Why should Ash be scolded for anything, he was doing what was right as a hero to rush in, plus his Pokemon and his friends's Pokemon too back him up.
    It's not my first series, or anime, and I don't see what's wrong with asking questions or attempting to analyze the actions of the characters which I might've found questionable or who exhibited inexcusable behavior.
    i don't think Ash should be considered a hero, because while he did the right thing in saving the Pangoro, he went about it in the wrong way, didn't consider the options he had to achieve the same goal, and endangered himself and his 'friends' in the process, as I've already explained. A 'hero', while common practice to place others before himself, shouldn't be bringing harm to others in the midst of a good deed.
    I think whatever writers behind this episode did a poor job in the storyline and morals for this one. It's fine if you don't like my analysis and opinion on it- I don't expect everyone to agree, but that's just the way I see it.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,387

    Default

    For all of you bickering about how Team Rocket's sudden fighting within themselves causes the Pokemon to escape to be out of so called character need to watch this episode again, http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episode...aidens-voyage/
    . Or at least lead the last section of the summary.

    Meanwhile, Ash has arrived in Sinnoh with Pikachu and his stowaway Aipom. He's ready for adventure, but not ready for trouble: Team Rocket appears and successfully steals Pikachu! But Team Rocket starts arguing and everyone ends up flying, including Pikachu. Now how will Ash and Pikachu be reunited...?

    Team Rocket often argue and this time arguing about who gets the credit is not unusual, in their boss fantasies, who ever initiates them often refers to the group as "Meowth and Friends" "James and Friends." etc. Showing that they do want to be individually recognized as well.
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 21st December 2013 at 3:23 AM.

    Random : PokéRadar


  18. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The City of Metropolis
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Missingno View Post
    I think whatever writers behind this episode did a poor job in the storyline and morals for this one. It's fine if you don't like my analysis and opinion on it- I don't expect everyone to agree, but that's just the way I see it.
    Your analysis are fine and you logically pointed out things well. I dont think what you're doing is wrong but rather we're just exchanging our ideas here. Whether each of us agree or disagree depends on ourselves. I guess I'm going with HeroofIdeals with this one. For a kodomo anime like Pokemon,I don't think it was written to be that complex ever since. Still, it doesn't hurt if someone like you gives a fine and honest analysis of things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    Why is it that I'm not surprised to see that kind of scene?
    They've become annoying oftenly, but I admit they made me laugh on that part and not irritated at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    And this just made me love Fennekin even more. It was brief but I enjoyed seeing Fennekin's personality shine at last. It does take after it's trainer. And the twig was nice as well.
    Oh how I wish it would be a female one
    Last edited by CMDShift4; 21st December 2013 at 3:33 AM.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Beyond the fields we know
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Am I the only one who finds Pumpkaboo 'CHA CHA CHA' and Inkay hilarious?
    No, but surely must I be the only one who found the non-sequitur drum solo that accompanied its appearance equally hilarious?

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Your analysis are fine and you logically pointed out things well. I dont think what you're doing is wrong but rather we're just exchanging our ideas here. Whether each of us agree or disagree depends on ourselves. I guess I'm going with HeroofIdeals with this one. For a kodomo anime like Pokemon,I don't think it was written to be that complex ever since. Still, it doesn't hurt if someone like you gives a fine and honest analysis of things.



    They've become annoying oftenly, but I admit they made me laugh on that part and not irritated at all.



    Oh how I wish it would be a female one
    Fennekin is most likely a female Fennekin
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Fennekin is most likely a female Fennekin
    I'm still personally unsure about Fennekin's gender. For all we know, it could be like a Pokemon version of Harley. XD

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montenegró
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    I'm still personally unsure about Fennekin's gender. For all we know, it could be like a Pokemon version of Harley. XD
    Doubt it. I very much think that Fennekin is a female; come on, it's pretty obvious




    “Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere on the West Coast
    Posts
    2,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    Doubt it. I very much think that Fennekin is a female; come on, it's pretty obvious
    That last part was obviously a joke. Realistically, I'm 95% confident Fennekin is a female. But time will tell, I guess. We could be surprised.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I hope that I'm not the only one wanting Serena's Fennekin to be male. I know it's a kid's show and all, and going the route of making Fennekin out to be a boy pokemon might be riske', but maybe it would've been a few centuries ago. It'd be nice to see them teaching the kiddies that males can be concerned about their appearances, too, without it being weird.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    3,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Missingno View Post
    I hope that I'm not the only one wanting Serena's Fennekin to be male. I know it's a kid's show and all, and going the route of making Fennekin out to be a boy pokemon might be riske', but maybe it would've been a few centuries ago. It'd be nice to see them teaching the kiddies that males can be concerned about their appearances, too, without it being weird.
    the reason why we think fennekin is a female is because fennekin resembles like a female pokemon and since its trainer is a girl. plus it would sound a bit odd if serena has a male gender pokemon.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •