View Poll Results: What do you think that Serena/Serena will do in the anime?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battle Chateau

44 30.14%
  • Battle Maison

7 4.79%
  • Pokemon Contests

10 6.85%
  • Sky Battles

13 8.90%
  • I don't know

28 19.18%
  • Other options (Explain)

14 9.59%
  • A passive goal.

30 20.55%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Serena's goal.

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    and people still comparing battle maison and battle chateau, but they look alike a bit to me.
    The Chateau is all about battling while attaining a new rank/title, while the Maison is just like the Battle Tower and Battle Subway where people just battle for BP. And I don't think either facility utilizes fashion to a high degree either, so the "Serena should compete there because she likes fashion" arguments seem strange to me. I mean those are battle facilities, not fashion runways. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    The Chateau is all about battling while attaining a new rank/title, while the Maison is just like the Battle Tower and Battle Subway where people just battle for BP. And I don't think either facility utilizes fashion to a high degree either, so the "Serena should compete there because she likes fashion" arguments seem strange to me. I mean those are battle facilities, not fashion runways. :x
    But the Battle Chatelaines seems somewhat high on fashion and other stuff like that. So maybe Serena could try to beat them, or something. Well, that is if they're introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariris View Post
    But the Battle Chatelaines seems somewhat high on fashion and other stuff like that. So maybe Serena could try to beat them, or something. Well, that is if they're introduced.
    And weren't Viola and Grant wearing nice-looking clothes during their battle in the preview, with what looks like the Battle Chateau in the background? Fashion may not be a vital thing for the Chateau/Maison, but it really does seem to have a bit of a focus in them.

How cute, Serena's got her own thread for her goal. As for what it is, who knows? I don't think fashion needs to be involved. May loves food but her goal has nothing to do with eating. While I brought that up, I'm surprised Pokemon Contest is even being brought up. It's not in the XY games and there is no RSE remake yet. The new games played homage to many old gens, not just the 3rd so I don't know why that one is getting so talked about.

I would want it to be the Battle Chateau, I just think that place is perfect for a new trainer to gain experience and work their way up to more powerful foes as their rank increases. I guess we'll see once the Chateau episode airs.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

oh wait what? you mean serena beating the battle chatelaines, yup for me that's kinda possible. and i gotta admit chateau/maison there is
    not for fashion. let's just hope how will the writers all deal with this

Has anyone here even battled the chatelaines in the games? They use pokemon that are way beyond the capabilities of someone like serena or even ash for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Has anyone here even battled the chatelaines in the games? They use pokemon that are way beyond the capabilities of someone like serena or even ash for that matter.
    But this is the anime, not the games. The anime can certainly make the Chatelaines less powerful if the Battle Maison is featured. Which, of course, would sound quite terrible, but then again, how many times has the anime disappointed us?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    But this is the anime, not the games. The anime can certainly make the Chatelaines less powerful if the Battle Maison is featured. Which, of course, would sound quite terrible, but then again, how many times has the anime disappointed us?
    the whole series of best wishes that's one for sure, although i don't know about the rest.
    hmm we can't compare the chatelaines in the anime and games cause in the anime its the purpose of the writers on how they will handle them.

the whole series of best wishes that's one for sure, although i don't know about the rest.
    hmm we can't compare the chatelaines in the anime and games cause in the anime its the purpose of the writers on how they will handle them.
    There are a lot of examples anyone can think of. However, I won't go into detail since that'll derail the topic.

Also, the Chatelaines haven't even been seen in the anime yet, so...what comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    How cute, Serena's got her own thread for her goal.
    Kind of ironic since we were just discussing her goal in this thread.

May loves food but her goal has nothing to do with eating.
    I detected a little bit of shade, but you do have a point. Just because Serena likes clothes and fashion doesn't mean that she should only focus on that. That's partly why I'm against the Battle Chateau being her goal; because it seems like people keep bringing up the fashion aspect of it even though that's such a minor and almost trivial part of the facility imo.

At this point I wish Contests were brought back because at least we could've seen Serena progress as a character through them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Well, about Contests, it's not absolutely impossible; there were no Contests in Fire Red and Leaf Green, yet the anime made Contests in the Kanto region following up the first generation remake.
    During the series known as Advanced Generation.

Yeah.

Purugly, Wigglytuff, Pachirisu and Lumineon are way beyond their capabilities.
    Let's go back to Edo... Together

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Kind of ironic since we were just discussing her goal in this thread.
    This is confusing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post
    Yeah.

Purugly, Wigglytuff, Pachirisu and Lumineon are way beyond their capabilities.
    I think he is talking about their legendary pokemon like Moltres, Latias, Regirock, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    This is confusing lol.

I think he is talking about their legendary pokemon like Moltres, Latias, Regirock, etc.
    Did Hoenn's Frontier Brains show their most powerful Pokémon off in the anime?

Greta's Gengar & Breloom?
    Tucker's Latias & Metagross?
    Lucy's Steelix & Gyarados?
    Spenser's Suicune & Slaking?
    Anabel's Raikou & Latios?

Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyes View Post
    Did Hoenn's Frontier Brains show their most powerful Pokémon off in the anime?

Greta's Gengar & Breloom?
    Tucker's Latias & Metagross?
    Lucy's Steelix & Gyarados?
    Spenser's Suicune & Slaking?
    Anabel's Raikou & Latios?

Etc.
    I didn't like them Making the frontier brains glorified gym leaders way back then, and I don't want to see the chatlenes do that now.

Why would Serena be able to take down powerful trainers when she's a beginning trainer and even Ash would struggle with them?
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 22nd December 2013 at 7:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Why on earth would Serena be able to take down powerful trainers when she's a beginning trainer and even Ash would struggle with them?
    I believe there's something called catching Pokemon, training them, and growing stronger. There's also the possibility of the anime decreasing the power of the Chatelaines and not making them look as powerful as they apparently are in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Why on earth would Serena be able to take down powerful trainers when she's a beginning trainer and even Ash would struggle with them?
    that's just only an opinion of other people, don't try to take it too hard.

If the writers want to downgrade some NPCs for the anime, so be it. They have done it before and they sure will do it again. They can do whatever the hell they want to make a goal for Serena.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    And weren't Viola and Grant wearing nice-looking clothes during their battle in the preview, with what looks like the Battle Chateau in the background? Fashion may not be a vital thing for the Chateau/Maison, but it really does seem to have a bit of a focus in them.
    This. I want to add up that while it is not vital, it is definitely the theme of the whole place. It's the same as how participants in Pokemon Contest wear outfits. For that. she will definitely like not only the place, but also a very high chance participating in it.

Contest and Rhyhorn Racing is not an option as far as I can see it. I also have a feeling that she'll try Battle Maison and Sky Battling. After all, she is the best candidate to try out this three since she is modeled after her game counterpart. She would likely be the one in the group who'll try a lot of things in her journey.

Also, remind me guys how many episodes has it been? 20? 50? 100+?

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    This. I want to add up that while it is not vital, it is definitely the theme of the whole place. It's the same as how participants in Pokemon Contest wear outfits. For that. she will definitely like not only the place, but also a very high chance participating in it.
    If anything, even if fashion isn't one of the actual concerns of the Chateau, I'd think that Serena, being a bit of a fashion fan, would still find it as something to be concerned about, especially if she feels that she wants to look good during her battles. So, should the Battle Chateau/Maison be her goal, then I think we could see that element being incorporated.

I think the Battle Chateau would be the best goal for Serena right now. Contests are so out of the question and although Serena seems to have a mutual understanding and liking to Ryhorn racing I really doubt she make that as her goal/career. I don't know if the Battle Maision will ever get a anime appearance.

Making Serena have her goal to reach the highest rank in the Battle Chateau(s) would be the best option. And also, I'm interested how the Battle Chateau will be incorporated into the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDShift4 View Post
    Also, remind me guys how many episodes has it been? 20? 50? 100+?
    um wait what? do you mean the whole pokemon series?

yeah me also i will go with battle chateau cause i can't think of anything to suit her

um wait what? do you mean the whole pokemon series?

yeah me also i will go with battle chateau cause i can't think of anything to suit her
    XY to be specific. I hope you get what I'm trying to say there

I didn't like them Making the frontier brains glorified gym leaders way back then, and I don't want to see the chatlenes do that now.
    Err, isn't that what the FB's are though? Powerful trainers that are a cut above the regular Gym Leaders, its how they're described in the show.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast