Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anime Discussion Awards 2013! *voting ends January 24th, read the OP before voting*

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Maybe for the Anime Awards, you could add Funniest and Saddest episode, or something like that.
    Since people can name up to five of their favourite episodes I don't see the point. It will be considered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    you should also totally add worst member of the year
    But U'd totes destroy the competition and I want to give everyone a fair chance at most of these awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Since people can name up to five of their favourite episodes I don't see the point. It will be considered anyway.
    I thought of that, but you know, just wanted to give my 2 cents about it

But U'd totes destroy the competition and I want to give everyone a fair chance at most of these awards.
    Lol, my one chance to win something xD

*Has several martinis backstage with Dax, forgets that she's meant to perform her newest single, runs onstage quickly, performs song surrounded by giant Oshawott plushies, ends performance amid a chorus of cheers from the crowd*

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    *Follow Lorde on the red carpet*

Yessss, slay!

I'm pretty excited for the results! It's the first time I see such event on Serebii, so I'm happy! And it's all thanks to you, Canada! As for suggestions... Perhaps next time there should be "Best quote(s)" or "Best post(s)", where people would vote to their favorite quote(s)/post(s) they noticed during the year ?
    The best quotes idea would've been really interesting. I mean there were so many memorable posts in this section in 2013 and it would've been neat to see what everyone's favorite posts were. Anyway, I'm getting really excited for the award ceremony. I have my wheelbarrow ready and everything. *Takes a seat between Dax and Oshawott*

I'm just wondering, will all the awards be announced together, or will we get the anime awards first and then the member awards?

As a side note, this takes a while so please remember to be patient like you have been. The results will most likely either be posted tonight or tomorrow since Dory isn't online atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I'm just wondering, will all the awards be announced together, or will we get the anime awards first and then the member awards?
    Doryuzu and I are tallying the votes in order of who posted in this thread, so you'll probably get them both at the same time.

Oh, and since this thread is basically meant to celebrate the anime and PAD in 2013 you're free to discuss what you think are the best posts of last year are. I don't mind

Also, before I forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24
    I was thinking for the 2014 anime awards, the nominations should only involve the characters, episodes, etc. that took place during 2014. So we would have "The best episodes of 2014, the best characters in XY 2014, etc. We could also have a section where we talk about favorite overall character or saga but when it comes to episodes and characters, there are so many so it's hard to narrow them down. If we limited it to the characters and episodes that showed up throughout the year, it would be easier for people to include everyone they want in the list.
    He suggested this to me a while ago and I'm giving it some thought but I'd like to know other people's opinions on this idea as well. So does this sound good for 2014's anime awards? y/n?
    Last edited by Canada; 26th January 2014 at 1:47 AM.

Also, before I forget:

He suggested this to me a while ago and I'm giving it some thought but I'd like to know other people's opinions on this idea as well. So does this sound good for 2014's anime awards? y/n?
    I think it'd be much more logical to have it being that way. It's an award for the past year after all. And since we included all episodes and characters this year for 2013, we can't say they didn't have their chance to be awarded. So yeah, I'm up for it all the way!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 26th January 2014 at 2:12 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

It sounds like a good idea to me because like Pokemaniac24 said, there are a lot of characters/episodes overall, and if we narrowed it down to just characters/episodes from XY in next year's award thread, the voting process would be a lot more organized and tallying votes would probably be easier too.

I concur, voting the Best Something and Somethingishy of XY 2014 would be a more simplified way to help with not only the tallying but the choices we can vote on. And as I said on the last page, we're in a new year with a new saga so plenty of vote-worthy episodes will surely be on the route.

Alright, looks like we'll go with it! Also I'll try to post the results tomorrow since I'm the only one tallying apparently.

Alright, looks like we'll go with it! Also I'll try to post the results tomorrow since I'm the only one tallying apparently.
    Oh good. I'm excited to see who the winners are: If Oshawott didn't win Favorite Best Wishes Series Pokemon, I'm going to riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Oh good. I'm excited to see who the winners are: If Oshawott didn't win Favorite Best Wishes Series Pokemon, I'm going to riot.
    Then prepare to riot, because Snivy's the best!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Damn it, sorry I was so late with the results! It took a bit longer than I originally thought it would (other things got in the way). Anyway, Congratulations to all the winners of the member awards!

~Finally with the goddamn results~

Anime Awards:
    Favorite Episode of the Anime: "Battling a Thaw in Relations!"
    Favorite Saga of the Anime: Original Series
    Favorite Movie of the Anime: The Power Of One
    Favorite Character of the Anime (Human): Ash Ketchum
    Most Entertaining Character: Misty
    Favorite Best Wishes Series Pokemon: Ash's Oshawott
    Favorite Original Series Pokemon: Ash's Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
    Favorite Advanced Generation Series Pokemon: Ash's Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
    Favorite Diamond and Pearl Series Pokemon: Ash's Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape
    Favorite XY Series Pokemon: Ash's Froakie
    Favorite overall Pokemon of the whole series: Ash's Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard | Ash's Pikachu

Member Awards:
    Most Informed/Intelligent Member: Dephender
    Best Speculator: Lorde
    Most Contributing/Active Member: Lorde
    Funniest/Most Entertaining Member: LizardonX
    Craziest/Most “Out There” Member: LizardonX
    Nicest/Friendliest Member: J Ken | pokemon fan 132 | The Prince Of May (well, 3 way tie)
    Best Debater: The Great Butler | Janovy
    Best Posting Style: Morning Sun | Sushi
    Biggest Fan of the Original Series: Besho
    Biggest Fan of the Advanced Series: CyberCubed
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan
    Biggest Fan of the Best Wishes Series: The Great Butler
    Most missed member: Pokemaniac24 | Geo-Oblivion's Wrath | Yeul (aren't like two of those people still here? well i guess it's good to know they would be missed very much if they left)
    Member of the year 2013: Lorde
    Member of the year 2012: dman_dustin | Pokemaniac24

Unofficial Categores:
    Most Beautiful Eyes: Dwail8023

All of these results are terrible btw ;D

Until next year! Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.
    Last edited by Canada; 30th January 2014 at 6:45 AM.

I'm glad the results are finally in. I've been waiting for this, so here are my overall thoughts on the winners this year:

*Applauds politely while making a shady face* I honestly didn't care much for the Sinnoh League episodes, but I guess this isn't such a bad episode in general.

Yaasss, OS won! Totally deserved to be honest.

I loved this movie, so I'm very pleased that it won.

*Faints, gets taken away by the paramedics, is revived, then returns to the awards show* Yesssss! Queen Misty won! I'm so happy for her!

I'm not surprised; I mean Oshawott was the best BW Pokemon lbr.~

Favorite overall Pokemon of the whole series: Ash's Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard | Ash's Pikachu
    *Stares blankly, walks out of the awards ceremony in a rage*

Okay, I'm not too happy about there being a tie. I get that Charizard's line was popular, but I really thought Pikachu should've gotten the majority of the votes due to his iconic mascot status. But fine.

*Applauds* Dephender is always giving us translations and other useful info, so he totally deserved this award.

I really wanted Dax to win either award, but LizardonX sure is funny too.

Nicest/Friendliest Member: J Ken | pokemon fan 132 | The Prince Of May (well, 3 way tie)

Yessss! I'm so pleased because I love all three members. They're so nice and really brighten up the anime section.

*Applauds politely* Congratulations to both.

I'm a big fan of both their posting styles tbh.

*Sips martini* I had a hard time with those categories; there are so many fans of the various series that I didn't know who to vote for.

Most missed member: Pokemaniac24 | Geo-Oblivion's Wrath | Yeul (aren't like two of those people still here? lol)
    *Sobs uncontrollably while applauding* I miss Yeul so much. I'll accept her award in her place.

*Cheers loudly* We may have disagreements sometimes, but I do think both members contributed a lot of the anime section in 2012, so I tip my hat off to them.

*The crowd cheers, I hug Oshawott and Dax, and sashay up to the stage to accept my award*

I'd just like to thank all the members who voted for me, Oshawott for inspiring me continually, and Dax for keeping me on my toes.

And also thanks to Canada for tallying the votes and his dedication to the award thread.

I'm not a huge contributor to the forums anymore so I didn't much care for the member awards. I'm sure you guys are all great, though

But YES I am extremely satisfied with the Anime Awards. The Original Series, The Power of One, Ash, Misty... We nailed it this year! *insert funny gif that I'm too lazy to google and paste*

I would like to thank my mom to have gave birth to a... new star... *takes an handkerchief and goes away in tears*

Thanks, by the way, to Canada for the effort put in this event! And congratulations to everyone who got awarded; everyone deserved it!

Can I see them ? I, too, am known to have beautiful blue/gray eyes that sparkles under the summer's bright sunlight.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 30th January 2014 at 10:57 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

@Lorde: Your responses are brilliant lol *long live Oshawott!*
    @Canada: Yay! Thanks for taking the time to tally up all the votes

I really like the results for the anime awards and congrats to all the members that won. And thank you to those you voted for me as well ^^

~Finally with the goddamn results~

Anime Awards:
    YES! I'm so glad that my favorite DP episode won. The battle finale between Ash and Paul is the one of the most epic battles ever!

Aww man, I was hoping for Mewtwo Strikes Back to win this one....

As an Ash fan, I'm glad he won. After all, He is the main character of the Pokémon anime, so he deserves it.

Darn.....

Awesome! Almost all of my favorite Pokémon nailed it this year. I'm very satisfied with this year's anime results.

Member Awards:
    Most missed member: Pokemaniac24 | Geo-Oblivion's Wrath | Yeul (aren't like two of those people still here? well i guess it's good to know they would be missed very much if they left)
    Congrats to everyone who won this year.

Until next year! Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.
    It would be great if you add something like "favorite episode from each saga" for the anime awards next year.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 30th January 2014 at 6:47 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I cannot believe you all aren't admiring Dwail8023's eyes, they're Florges!

Anyway congratulations to the victorious members, you all earned it! And while I didn't vote, I do like how The Power of One obtained it's winning trophy as Favorite Movie since it's one of my personal enjoyments too.

I still question why Geo-Oblivion's Wrath won Most Missed and yet he was only banned for a week but whatever.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 30th January 2014 at 5:41 PM.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Anime Awards:
    I am glad this one. While it's not my favorite Pokémon episode in the entire anime, I will admit that it was the finale of the most well done battle in the anime so what's not to love?

Yep. Completely agree. It's nice to see OS get some love as it seems like over the years people on this site have overlooked it for the more recent sagas.

This is the movie I had actually gone the longest time without seeing. Probably because I don't own the first 2 movies on DVD. But from what I remember, this was a really great movie so congrats!

Well deserved, Ash Ketchum! This one is probably one we all saw coming. He is the main character of the anime after all!

While I personally voted for Brock and found several other characters more entertaining than Misty, I am glad she got some love on here this year. Well deserved!

All of the choice's definitely seemed like the obvious one to me, and I am happy with all of these results. These Pokémon were all a major part of their respective sagas and they all deserve it.

Member Awards:

Unofficial Categores:
    A big congrats to all of the members who won awards. I am familiar with all of the people who got awards and they are all well deserved. It's quite ironic that me and Geo-Oblivion's Wrath got the Most Missed awards when we are still here but I am really am honored that during my short break, a few of you missed me enough to vote for me for this award. And thank you so much for all who voted for me for Member of the Year 2012 along with dman_dustin. It really means a lot to me that a few of you like what I brought to the forum that year, and there have been so many great posters on here that I feel anyone could have taken it. I'm honored! Thank you

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for voting for me as the biggest DP series fan!

I'm surprised the Power of One got the most votes for favorite movie, I was expecting Mewtwo Strikes Back to have the most votes lol. Both movies were great though.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4

Quote Originally Posted by PokemontrainerY View Post
    It would be great if you add something like "favorite episode from each saga" for the anime awards next year.
    I (as well as other users) was thinking to narrow it down to only the characters and episodes that took place during 2014 next time around. Best episodes from older sagas can be discussed without being voted in the awards.

If anyone wants I can post which episodes came in second and third place like munchlaxboy did in the last thread.

Anyway, if we're really going to do the 2014-only thing this December, then I'm glad so many old characters/episodes/etc got the majority of votes~

If anyone wants I can post which episodes came in second and third place like munchlaxboy did in the last thread.
    I'd love to see what came in 2nd and 3rd

*Goes to the award show after party and takes photos with the other winners*

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I'm surprised the Power of One got the most votes for favorite movie, I was expecting Mewtwo Strikes Back to have the most votes lol. Both movies were great though.
    I actually thought Lucario and the Mystery of Mew might've won because everyone seemed to love that movie, but I'm glad that the best movie Power of One slayed instead.

Congratulations to all of you ^^
    @Canada Thank you for your time and efforts <3
    I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who voted for me!! it's a great honor for me to win as the biggest fan of the Original Series ^^ it means a lot <3
    Last edited by besho; 31st January 2014 at 1:12 AM.

Congratulations you guys! As for me, I did not even expect to get nominated so even sharing a spot is nice. Big thanks to everyone who voted, I really appreciate that.
    Last edited by Janovy; 31st January 2014 at 1:36 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast