Thread: Seven Lions (OU Stall) 2800+ Peak.

Default Seven Lions (OU Stall) 2800+ Peak.

Introduction

Hello, I'm Se7en Lions and welcome to my 3rd RMT here on Serebii! Throughout the teambuilding and testing process, I listened to Seven Lions (my favorite artist, check him out if you're into EDM!) which I decided to name the team after him since it's been really successful. I've loved stall ever since I started competitive battling and with the arrival of 6th gen, there's been a lot of new toys to play with. The team is basically created to wall the opposing team to the point where they feel absolutely helpless as they cannot breakthrough. I laddered on a joke account, The Foot of Kayo (shoutout to the Studio), which ended up having a real successful run with the team. Anyways without further delay, here's the team!

Each Pokemon's nickname is a song created or remixed by Seven Lions and has their corresponding lyrics below which I will link to their corresponding video. Enjoy!

Detailed Look

♫I feel the shifting of you getting closer
    My eyes wide open underneath the sun
    Follow the feeling, but patiently waiting
    I lose my feelings to oblivion♫

Chesnaught (Days to Come) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Bulletproof
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed
    - Spiky Shield
    - Hammer Arm

Chesnaught here is the premier physical wall of the team stomaching several physical attacks from common threats such as Excadrill, Tyranitar, and Landorus-T to name a few and proceed to do what he does. Entry hazards are an important part to any successful defensively-orientated team and this one is no different. With it's great physical bulk, it's able to setup multiple layers of Spikes on a multitude of physical attackers. Leech Seed works really well on Chesnaught giving it another form of passive recovery while also forcing switches racking up entry hazard damage. Spiky Shield works as a protect but also punishes those pesky U-Turn users by dealing 12.5% damage when it's used and also is necessary alongside Leech Seed to recover valuable health. Hammer Arm punishes the most common spinner in the tier, Excadrill while providing a decently powerful STAB attack. Bulletproof is really what makes Chesnaught stand out allowing it to stand in the face of Aegislash that lack Flash Cannon and Mega Venusaur as they helplessly use Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb wondering why it's not affecting Chesnaught. Chesnaught can proceed to just spikes stack along with harassing Aegislash with Leech Seed while Mega Venusaur sits there helpless as Chesnaught stacks hazards. EVs are to maximized physical bulk, not much to explain there.

♫Slow down
    Let me be still with you
    Still with me♫

Heatran (Still With Me) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
    Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Lava Plume
    - Roar
    - Protect

Heatran has great synergy with Chesnaught covering each other's weaknesses fairly well. Heatran absorbs Brave Bird from Talonflame very well along with the various special attacks aimed at Heatran while Chesnaught can take those pesky Earthquakes and fighting-type attacks including Focus Blast thanks to it's Bulletproof ability. Stealth Rock is vital for any team damaging every Pokemon that switches in. Lava Plume is a nice STAB attack with a decent chance of burning which is a great benefit to the team. Roar racks up entry hazard damage and phazes problematic setup sweepers such as Volcarona. Protect allows me to scout movesets and Mega forms such as on Charizard. EVs are to maximized special bulk while giving it a Leftovers number and the rest of the EVs are dumped into speed to speed creep opposing defensive Heatran's and Roar them away before they can Roar me.

♫Pull me in tonight and stay forever
    I wanna know the secrets of your heart
    Let's begin tonight
    It's now or never
    Love won't happen til you try to cross the Great Divide♫

Rotom-W (The Great Divide) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Pain Split

Rotom-W finished out the F/W/G core for the team. I originally had Gliscor in this spot which served fairly well but I absolutely got steamrolled by SD Mega Pinsir multiple times which is absolutely demoralizing. I still have problems with Mega-Pinsir but I'm able to play around them once it's burned. Will-o-Wisp allows me to burn said physical targets such as Mega-Pinsir, Terrakion and such making them easier for my team to handle. Hydro Pump is almost obligatory STAB on Rotom-W as it still hits very hard even without SpA investment. Volt Switch allows me to deal damage to things such as Mandibuzz and bring in something like Clefable to finish it off. Pain Split is Rotom-W's only form of recovery outside of Rest and works wonders on those blobs, Clefable included. EVs are to maximize physical bulk and the rest dumped into speed.

♫The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
    You left me in the dark
    No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
    In the shadow of your heart♫

Clefable (Cosmic Love) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
    Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Aromatherapy
    - Moonblast

Clefable is essentially what holds this team up with it's amazing team support. As most of the team lacks reliable recovery, Wish support was almost a must. Candidates such as Blissey, Florges, and Sylveon were available but I chose Clefable as it's not worn down by entry hazards thanks to it's ability Magic Guard. Wish + Protect is mandatory to provide healing for the team along with itself as the survival of Clefable is the survival of the team. Aromatherapy removes problematic poison that may plague the team. Moonblast is a great STAB attack dealing decent damage to a large amount of Pokemon in the tier. EVs maximized special bulk and the last 4 dumped into Defense.

♫And without you I can't be
    You're the universe to me
    You're the air in my lungs
    You're the fields where I run
    You're the sky where I'm floating♫

Aegislash (Strangers) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Stance Change
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Atk
    Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Flash Cannon
    - King's Shield

Mixed Aegislash here I believe is it's best set. It forces a lot of switches which works very well on this team as hazards are up much of the time. Offensive teams tend to use Lati@s as Defog users so in return for getting a Defog off, they must risk staying in and taking an absolute beating from Shadow Ball or risk heavy damage switching out. Shadow Ball is the primary STAB attack dealing great damage to anything that doesn't resist it or is immune to it. Shadow Sneak picks off weakened threats and serves as the only priority on the team. Flash Cannon deals heavy damage to Fairies although I'm considering swapping this for Sacred Sword. King's Shield allows me to switch back into Shield Forme and use it's great mixed bulk. Aegislash is very important here as it's my only offensive presence and only thing that stops Lati@s from constantly switching in without taking beating. It serves as one of the best Double Priority Mega Lucario checks along with Nasty Plot sets that lack Dark Pulse. Aegislash can also take a +2 Dark Pulse after SR 93.7% of the time if it absolutely comes down to it and fire back the 2HKO with Shadow Ball + Shadow Sneak.

♫Move your feet
    Feel how sweet it is
    Dream on, little dreamer♫

Quagsire (You Got To Go) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
    - Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Recover
    - Yawn

I love Quagsire with every bit of my teeny-weeny heart and has a special spot on this team lol. Anyways, Quagsire isn't useless however! With it's ability Unaware, it's able to check some fearsome physical sweepers such as Garchomp, DD MegaTTar, and others. Scald is very important for it's 30% chance of burn which seemingly is about 99% in PS. This neutralizes physical sweepers to uselessness throughout the duration of the match which is great. Earthquake allows it to check DD MegaZard however I'm thinking about switching this to Toxic. Recover is mandatory allowing it to take repeated abuse from physical attackers. Yawn works nicely forcing boosting sweepers out while racking up entry hazard damage. EVs maximized it's physical bulk while leftover EVs are dumped into Special Defense.

Conclusion

Trolling on this acc while laddering was some fun haha,

Anyways that's the conclusion of the team, any suggestions are welcome and hope you enjoyed my RMT and the beautiful music!

Spoiler:- Proof of Ladder Rank:

Spoiler:- Importable:

Catch me on PS Se7en Lions.

Not a bad team at all but i see that tail glow manaphy sweep the entire team but if it gets ubers in the future then you are all good. another poke which can give you problems is mega venusaur with knock off and eq. in fact knock off can really hurt you alot if spikes and sr is up and will screw your pokes up. to deal with manaphy you can wait till it's banned or change Clefable ability but don't think it's worth changing since it's so good I would use a spinner on this team if manaphy gets banned. there is one poke you can use and thats ditto it works so well on stall and will also deal with manaphy and other pokes that set up.

3ds fc 1349 6822 3907 , credit goes to Sworn Metalhead and 00swms the amazing banners.

Yeah I posted this team on Smogon saying Manaphy for Ubers lol. Chesnaught actually handles Mega Venusaur very well, sure it'll lose lefties but it takes next to nothing from it's attacks unless it runs HP Ice/Fire since Bulletproof renders Sludge Bomb useless against it. I will actually consider Ditto over Rotom-W as Rotom was only put in to check Mega-Pinsir. Thanks!

Looks like a pretty solid team, a bit weak to Mega Pinsir though, same with Nasty Plot luke. I think Rotom-W is really the weak point of this team, other than that it's pretty solid. Rotom-W is just kind of lackluster as a wall on a stall team, 50 base HP kind of brings it down even if it's got WoW and a nice typing. I think I'd put a potent defensive wall over it, Gliscor is really good, although I'd stick with the Toxic heal version for now even though this team has no Defog poke. Gliscor can spread Toxic to a bunch of stuff and can take on a lot of the stronger megas when they're unboosted and can get a Toxic/KO on them. Also beats Terrakion, Bisharp etc. Here's the set:

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Taunt
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Protect

Also I think Sylveon would do better over Clefable. It's got better bulk and stronger damage output from higher spa and pixilate boost to Hyper Voice ; even while this team has no means of hazard control which sort of justifies having magic guard on your main special wall I think Sylveon has much more upside that warrants trying it over Clefable. I'd put Toxic>Yawn on Quagsire as well. Yawn could help mitigate huge threats to the team in some cases but I think Toxic is generally better. Toxic Stall is really the best form of stalling since hazards got nerfed to an extent with Defog. Having 2 toxic spreaders is going to help you immensely. BTW if Mega Lucario is ever banned, put Rocky Helmet Skarm>Aegislash, this team will be extremely solid then. Nice work regardless.

I used that exact Gliscor set to get owned by Mega-Pinsir which prompted me to switch to Rotom-W.

I don't need Clefable to do damage and Moonblast 30% chance to lower SpA is a nice addition.

I will however put Toxic > Yawn as Yawn has been a bit underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocious View Post
    I used that exact Gliscor set to get owned by Mega-Pinsir which prompted me to switch to Rotom-W.

I don't need Clefable to do damage and Moonblast 30% chance to lower SpA is a nice addition.

I will however put Toxic > Yawn as Yawn has been a bit underwhelming.
    Moonblast is better on sylveon still and the damage helps quite a bit in my experience [sylveon also does a lot better than clefable at taking on pokes like charizard y and specs keld, both of which are somewhat threatening to this team], i'd at least test it out anyways. gliscor doesnt win straight up but if you can toxic it [pretty sure it has a big chance to live +2 returns] then quagsire can just stall it out, anyways i should have calced the damage it does to rotom and it looks like thats a better counter so youre probably decent there if you play well enough

I've swapped Yawn for Toxic and it's had better results than Yawn has so I'll stick with that.

I've used all the Fairy special walls that can run the same set (Florges, Sylveon, etc). I don't really need the damage. Specs Keldeo isn't really an issue as for one it's not common in the meta anymore so I'll take my chances with it. Charizard Y isn't a problem either as Clefable + Heatran can handle it well enough although I ran into a mixed zard with EQ that gave me a bit of a problem although Clefable checked it well enough.

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 321-378 (90.6 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO