Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 153

Thread: Like A Meowth To Flame (402)

  1. #26

    Default

    Oooh, Cool Stadium! Looks pretty interesting!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    It's the flame of Moltres.

    Ash intends to use only his current Hoenn team for this tournament. It remains to be seen whether he will actually be able to do so. (We've seen in previous tournaments that after a tough battle, pokemon sometimes aren't able to fight in the next.)

    Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

  3. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    It's the flame of Moltres.

    Ash intends to use only his current Hoenn team for this tournament. It remains to be seen whether he will actually be able to do so. (We've seen in previous tournaments that after a tough battle, pokemon sometimes aren't able to fight in the next.)
    Yes Torkoal and Swellow might finaly get some hardcore Hoenn action! Torkoal got only one gym battle and Swellow got three but they haven't been used recently. Torkoal needs some action right? But asusual Glalie, Grovlye, Pikachu will get it all. I don't care about Corphish its kinda in the middle.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Ash intends to use only his current Hoenn team for this tournament. It remains to be seen whether he will actually be able to do so.
    Did he say that he's going to tackle the league using only his current team, win or lose? Or is he going to give it a try and see how far he can get before he has to call on his reserves?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    340

    Default

    WWHHAATT??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Will Ash use just his Hoenn Team?. HAS HE BECOME CRAZY?!!!!!!!. (Tranquilized). *Fine, fine, I'm cool*. Well, I suppose that in the first rounds they will can do it. But it will be better than he will use his Oak's Pokemon in the hardest battles!!!.

    P.S.: Just to make me sure of understood it well. So, Ash won't use his Pokemon at Oak's YET. But as he advances, he'll use them, right?.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    Why would he need to use his other Pokemon in the League? I'd like to see him only use these six. It's one of his best constructed teams.

    Team Rocket is just as stupid as always. At least Meowth got his clock cleaned like I had hoped.

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Utsunomiya-shi, JAPAN
    Posts
    2,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolkid
    Yeah, I understand that, but at least get someone else to steal it. Team Magma would've been good to steal it.
    Team Magma doesn't exist anymore. They said so in the second Ban'nai episode.

    Other tidbits:

    -Tamaranze (Mr. Goodshow) remembers who Satoshi and Takeshi are from the previous leagues. He also knows who Haruka is because he watched the Grand Festival on TV, and then deduces that Haruka is Senri's daughter.

    -At the registration desk, Satoshi asks if Masamune has registered yet. The Joi at the Pokemon Center says that he hasn't, and then asks if he's a friend of Satoshi's. Satoshi says that he is, and that he's also one of his rivals.

    Also, there's no indication that Satoshi will turn to his older pokemon "if the going gets tough" or when he enters the finals. His intention seems to be to use his Houen team until the end.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

  8. #33
    Hales Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Also, there's no indication that Satoshi will turn to his older pokemon "if the going gets tough" or when he enters the finals. His intention seems to be to use his Houen team until the end.
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing? *curiously*

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Also, there's no indication that Satoshi will turn to his older pokemon "if the going gets tough" or when he enters the finals. His intention seems to be to use his Houen team until the end.
    Ouch. IMO, thats an incredibly dissapointing decision, putting it mildly. I was really looking forward to some Johto retribution this time around. It seems as if the likes of Noctowl and Phanpy are doomed to forever rot in Oak's garden~

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Outside Eternity
    Posts
    1,604

    Default

    It was meowth sending off TR? That's suprising. I just figured Ash was being a glory-hog as always. Let someone else blast off team rocket, you don't need to barge in and use Pikachu. Other trainer's pokeon are just as suited to send them off.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    outskirts of Wylie Texas
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Ash intends to use only his current Hoenn team for this tournament. It remains to be seen whether he will actually be able to do so. (We've seen in previous tournaments that after a tough battle, pokemon sometimes aren't able to fight in the next.).
    Well that semi-lays to rest one long debated subject. It's somewhat worrisome though if the Hoenn league contains any six vs. six battles. No matter how strong the Pokemon it's not a good idea to go more than two rounds with the exact same ones all being used at the same time. But if they're mostly 1 on 1, 3 vs. 3 etc. than he could do very well, especially given how his travelling team is now possibly twice as strong as the one he had at the end of Johto.

    I'm worried but I have faith in the writers. I just hope that Ash's old Pokemon are showcased more in whatever major battles happen after Hoenn.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,745

    Default

    I think Ash will loose at the same point as in the jotho league, maybe one step further.
    I think it will be like this:
    2x 3 VS 3
    2x 6VS 6
    and maybe on double battle 3 vs 3 or /and 6 vs 6

    I think you can´t do a whole long league with only six pokemon because it will become borng to see those six fighting again and again...I hope he will use some of his old ones but only AFTER his hoenn ones got the glory ( they deserved it)
    well..6 on 6 are always two parter and I think more than 2 6 on 6 are very unlikly

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Places...
    Posts
    3,740

    Default

    *laughs evily* I've been waiting for this day. The day when all those Kanto freaks dont get their precious Charizard and "Kanto Tanks" like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Snorlax, etc. and I can say "Well...I told you so." Yes, I know that it's not completely confirmed that he wont use his old Pokemon later in the League, but if it were to happen, I'm trusting Ash to do the right thing and give his Johto Pokemon some time in the sun which they rightfully deserved in THEIR League [especially Noctowl and Heracross. They have SO much potential battle wise, it's a shame they rarely got to show it off :/].

    But I think Ash will do quite well with his Hoenn Team. Hell, it was [obviously] better then his weak Johto Team as well as [yes, that's right, I'm saying it] better then his Kanto Team consisting of a disobeying Charizard, an exhausted Pidgeotto, a mediocre Squirtle [it hadn't learned Hydro Pump yet], and a fairly strong Bulbasaur.

    Ash's Hoenn Team is very well built. A little training and a Corphish evolution would give it an uber feel. Ash has NEVER been close to having a uber team...NEVER!


    Ehemm...but onto the League, I like the design. It looks very...pretty I just hope the League doesn't consist of old, forgotten Kanto Pokemon like the next episode suggests [with the Meowth, Electabuzz, Persian, and Hitmonlee and all].

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken
    *laughs evily* I've been waiting for this day. The day when all those Kanto freaks dont get their precious Charizard and "Kanto Tanks" like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Snorlax, etc. and I can say "Well...I told you so." Yes, I know that it's not completely confirmed that he wont use his old Pokemon later in the League, but if it were to happen, I'm trusting Ash to do the right thing and give his Johto Pokemon some time in the sun which they rightfully deserved in THEIR League [especially Noctowl and Heracross. They have SO much potential battle wise, it's a shame they rarely got to show it off :/].

    But I think Ash will do quite well with his Hoenn Team. Hell, it was [obviously] better then his weak Johto Team as well as [yes, that's right, I'm saying it] better then his Kanto Team consisting of a disobeying Charizard, an exhausted Pidgeotto, a mediocre Squirtle [it hadn't learned Hydro Pump yet], and a fairly strong Bulbasaur.

    Ash's Hoenn Team is very well built. A little training and a Corphish evolution would give it an uber feel. Ash has NEVER been close to having a uber team...NEVER!


    Ehemm...but onto the League, I like the design. It looks very...pretty I just hope the League doesn't consist of old, forgotten Kanto Pokemon like the next episode suggests [with the Meowth, Electabuzz, Persian, and Hitmonlee and all].
    Personally if he loses quickly beacuse of not using his old guys, then he desevers it for not being smart like he never is.

    yes his hoenn team is well built compared to others, also Corphish is not the only can evolve you know...points at grass lizard.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken
    *laughs evily* I've been waiting for this day. The day when all those Kanto freaks dont get their precious Charizard and "Kanto Tanks" like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Snorlax, etc. and I can say "Well...I told you so." Yes, I know that it's not completely confirmed that he wont use his old Pokemon later in the League, but if it were to happen, I'm trusting Ash to do the right thing and give his Johto Pokemon some time in the sun which they rightfully deserved in THEIR League [especially Noctowl and Heracross. They have SO much potential battle wise, it's a shame they rarely got to show it off :/].

    But I think Ash will do quite well with his Hoenn Team. Hell, it was [obviously] better then his weak Johto Team as well as [yes, that's right, I'm saying it] better then his Kanto Team consisting of a disobeying Charizard, an exhausted Pidgeotto, a mediocre Squirtle [it hadn't learned Hydro Pump yet], and a fairly strong Bulbasaur.

    Ash's Hoenn Team is very well built. A little training and a Corphish evolution would give it an uber feel. Ash has NEVER been close to having a uber team...NEVER!


    Ehemm...but onto the League, I like the design. It looks very...pretty I just hope the League doesn't consist of old, forgotten Kanto Pokemon like the next episode suggests [with the Meowth, Electabuzz, Persian, and Hitmonlee and all].
    Agreed. I laugh in Charizard's face. Really I do. *hates it* Poor, poor Tad. *huggles him* >.>

    To be honest, I'm semi-glad won't be using his old Pokemon, because that means No Kanto Pokemon... see, apart from Bulbasaur, I didn't really like his Kanto team. Pidgeooto was cool, but she ain't never coming back. :3 Now, if only Ash had caught that bad-a*s Fearow... *just caught a Fearow in FR and nicknamed it Fe-chan*

    Although, that also means no Johto Pokemon, which makes me sad.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    oh boy, wanna say a lot of things on the various subjects this thread touches on.... I might go into a few rants, so brace yourselves.

    I wouldn't complain about Nyaasu and Persian battling. We haven't seen a Persian in action since the Orange Islands, and we almost never see a Nyaasu other than Rocket Dan's, let alone one that seems extremely battle competant. I've been saying this since sometime shortly after AG started, but Nyaasu really appears to be the number 2 bigshot Pokemon only after Pikachu itself, and Nyaasu In Boots seems to be their way of showing this particular Pokemon species in a good light (it's not exactly the talking Nyaasu that the species is so well-known for, but a Nyaasu nontheless). I anticipate seeing a good fight between Pikachu and this Nyaasu, two extremely popular Pokemon in a conflict that doesn't involve Pikachu blowing something away with one attack.

    Elebuu and Sawamular getting screentime, though, yeah, they got enough. Like you said, a Kapoera or, as someone mentioned in the preview thread for that episode, a Nokotchi, or some other Jouto Pokemon whose only noteworthy appearance was a forgettable filler would've been nice. Speaking of Jouto Pokemon, I agree with everyone else, they really have gotten the shaft. It's one thing for the GSC generation to have a reputation of the worst adaption in the entire anime, and for the Jouto Pokemon to not even get good showcasing in what's rightfully their tournament, but the abuse didn't end there. The continent of Kantou got to be rereleased in the advanced generation of games, while Jouto's nowhere in sight. Fire Red and Leaf Green also appear to be a hit, getting their own adaption in the Special manga, as well as several cameo appearances by old Pokemon in the anime (plus Haruka even getting one such Pokemon herself). Colloseum (what would roughly be considered the GSC Pokemon's game in the current generation), meanwhile, flopped. Apparently, it's so bad, it can't even get any manga or anime adaption of its own, and to add insult to injury, they divide all the remaining GSC Pokemon between Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald, making Colloseum seem obsolete for those trying to obtain them. Now, I myself am of the majority that thought the Jouto anime saga totally sucked, it had quite a few rather lousy Pokemon, and yes, Satoshi's team was pathetic. I don't see why they feel the need to completely screw over the generation, though, especially when quite a few Jouto Pokemon are actually extremely cool, and Satoshi did have a couple worthwhile team members (aside from the obvious Heracross and wasted-potential Yorunozuku, I really adored his Bayleef. Can't hold a candle to my liking of his current grass-type, but I still adored her, and she's a helluva lot more likeable than Fushigidane IMO). Maybe if there is a Battle Frontier saga, they may get a little retribution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    Yes Torkoal and Swellow might finaly get some hardcore Hoenn action! Torkoal got only one gym battle and Swellow got three but they haven't been used recently. Torkoal needs some action right? But asusual Glalie, Grovlye, Pikachu will get it all. I don't care about Corphish its kinda in the middle.
    um.... Oosubame got 3 gym battles, two of which had it being the main showcase, and you say it doesn't get much action? What kind of rock have you been hiding under? The guy's been neglected as a Subame, true, but after his evolution, he's gotten enough screentime to more than make up for that. In fact, his screentime only dwindled after Fuu & Ran's gym battle, which was where Yukiwarashi came to take some last-minute spotlight with its training. If anything, Coatoise and Heigani are the ones waiting for some much-needed action, and to some extent, Onigohri (face it, he's been stealing the spotlight with his training the past 20 episodes, but he's never actually won a battle) and Juptle (I know, he got plenty of screentime since his days as a Kimori, but the guy's never had a victory since that double battle against Nuou and Todozeruga, and while I accept his loss against Lovecus as being a bit realistic, it was still very humiliating for a Pokemon like him nontheless and needs to be repented by now. I anticipate his evolution very soon). So long as Satoshi's agreeing to use his Houen team, though, we probably shouldn't worry about who gets how much screen time. Dividing such a thing between only 6 Pokemon is a helluva lot easier than dividing between a team plus several reserves.

    So like, in the screenshots, I noticed Takeshi, Haruka, and Masato looking shocked while Satoshi talked with Ookido. Is that because of him declaring he wouldn't use his reserves? Also, in one screenshot, it looked like Ookido was looking away from the video camera. Anyone know what that's about?

    Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

    I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    Actually, although it wasn't anything like Special, Collosuem did get it's own manga. Two, in fact. A proper one, and one that was a Manga Walkthrough of the game... I recall seeing some scans of it over at the Bulbagarden forums. (The proper manga, I mean.)

    ...

    Miror B. ;_;

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Transcription of the key portion of the Ash-Oak call:

    Oak: Which pokemon are you going to use in the tournament? All the pokemon you've left with me are in top shape. I can send them at any time.
    Ash: That won't be necessary.
    Oak: Oh?
    Ash: When I came to Houen, I brought only Pikachu with me, because I wanted to try a fresh start.
    Oak: Oh yeah, that's right...
    Ash: Then, working hard with the pokemon I caught here, we got all eight badges. I'd love to let Charizard and the others fight now, after so long, but Grovyle and the rest of my team are ready and willing to battle. So for this tournament, I want to fight with just Grovyle and the rest of my current team.
    Oak: I see. That's good determination. It's true that you'd have an advantage by battling using pokemon that are rare in Houen. But you'd rather have even battles without resorting to that sort of strategy, right?
    Ash: Right.
    Oak: Then I won't say anything more. Just use all the power you have, and battle to the best of your ability.

    Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,012

    Default

    Interesting, guess it really is his Hoenn team from start to finish.

    I find it interesting that Ash mentioned Charizard though, when Charizard is not at Oaks. Looks like the writers don't consider Charizard (and to a lesser extent Squirtle) as released pokemon anymore.

    Also interesting that Ash mentioned Grovyle, he must consider it his lead Hoenn pokemon.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Transcription of the key portion of the Ash-Oak call:

    Oak: Which pokemon are you going to use in the tournament? All the pokemon you've left with me are in top shape. I can send them at any time.
    Ash: That won't be necessary.
    Oak: Oh?
    Ash: When I came to Houen, I brought only Pikachu with me, because I wanted to try a fresh start.
    Oak: Oh yeah, that's right...
    Ash: Then, working hard with the pokemon I caught here, we got all eight badges. I'd love to let Charizard and the others fight now, after so long, but Grovyle and the rest of my team are ready and willing to battle. So for this tournament, I want to fight with just Grovyle and the rest of my current team.
    Oak: I see. That's good determination. It's true that you'd have an advantage by battling using pokemon that are rare in Houen. But you'd rather have even battles without resorting to that sort of strategy, right?
    Ash: Right.
    Oak: Then I won't say anything more. Just use all the power you have, and battle to the best of your ability.
    Ash seems pretty damn set on sticking with his current team, here's hoping it all works out for him. Oh, I agree with Cybercubed, Ash seems to have a lot of focus on grovyle as being the star of his current line-up.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

  21. #46
    Pyro_Shocker Guest

    Default

    Even if he was to use his older pokemon, the only pokemon I'd be intrested in seeing are:

    Snorlax, Muk, Heracross, Tauros, Phanpy, and possibly Noctowl.

    I'm tired of his constant use of his older fire/water/grass type especially when one is over used and needs to stay gone(Charizard), and the others except Bayleef are pre-evolves that dont look right making it far in a league. Phanpy is an exception because it needs some spotlight

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Now I really don't care about the Hoenn League because of what Ash chose to do..I just have to wait and watch the grass-lizard's     Spoiler:
    S    Spoiler:
    get kicked

    ~sobs~ *poor Bayleef, Charizard and the others* ~sobs~

  23. #48
    Hales Guest

    Default

    Yeah we know that Ash's Hoenn team (except the people who are going to argue about the other teams Ash has had ) is the best but Ash and his team have to show that to all the people at the tournament, mainly by beating Masamune and the new guy... speaking of which any idea what their English names are going to be?

  24. #49

    Default

    Any idea of what that guy with the Meowth's japanese name is, it isn't Jouji is it (Long story). If it was Antonio, that would be funny!

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Any idea of what that guy with the Meowth's japanese name is, it isn't Jouji is it (Long story). If it was Antonio, that would be funny!
    dont even go there again lol....... anyways whats the topic again?............ oh yeah the massumune and "jouji" episode.........lol yeah check my last post

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •