Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Like A Meowth To Flame (402)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    yes his hoenn team is well built compared to others, also Corphish is not the only can evolve you know...points at grass lizard.
    Yes, yes, a Grovyle Evolution would obviously help the Team along [any evolution does] but Grovyle is very strong as it is. So is Corphish. That's why their evolutions aren't essential to Ash winning the Hoenn League, but they would help him quite a bit. But the difference between a Corphish Evolution and a Grovyle evolution is...

- If Corphish evolved, it would greatly balance out Ash's Team as all of Ash's Pokemon would have evolved at least once [Pikachu will never evolve and Torkoal can't]. In the League, it's all about Variety.

- If Grovyle evolved, it would be yet another Charizard. It would become the ring leader to Ash's Team making all of his other Hoenn Pokemon look...less significant [ESPECIALLY Corphish being the only not fully evolved Pokemon] Though Sceptile could take care of Rock/Ground Pokemon, a Water type is sorely needed to deal with Fire types.

With all of Ash's Pokemon fully evolved but Corphish, Ash might expect too much of it which may lead to it's doom. But I'm just being dramatic

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Oak: Which pokemon are you going to use in the tournament? All the pokemon you've left with me are in top shape. I can send them at any time.
    Ash: That won't be necessary.
    Oak: Oh?
    Ash: When I came to Houen, I brought only Pikachu with me, because I wanted to try a fresh start.
    Oak: Oh yeah, that's right...
    Ash: Then, working hard with the pokemon I caught here, we got all eight badges. I'd love to let Charizard and the others fight now, after so long, but Grovyle and the rest of my team are ready and willing to battle. So for this tournament, I want to fight with just Grovyle and the rest of my current team.
    Oak: I see. That's good determination. It's true that you'd have an advantage by battling using pokemon that are rare in Houen. But you'd rather have even battles without resorting to that sort of strategy, right?
    Ash: Right.
    Oak: Then I won't say anything more. Just use all the power you have, and battle to the best of your ability.
    Yayz! It's conformed! *sighs with relief* When Ash said "Fresh Start", he MEANT "Fresh Start"! Noble, noble Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken

Yes, yes, a Grovyle Evolution would obviously help the Team along [any evolution does] but Grovyle is very strong as it is. So is Corphish. That's why their evolutions aren't essential to Ash winning the Hoenn League, but they would help him quite a bit. But the difference between a Corphish Evolution and a Grovyle evolution is...

- If Corphish evolved, it would greatly balance out Ash's Team as all of Ash's Pokemon would have evolved at least once [Pikachu will never evolve and Torkoal can't]. In the League, it's all about Variety.

- If Grovyle evolved, it would be yet another Charizard. It would become the ring leader to Ash's Team making all of his other Hoenn Pokemon look...less significant [ESPECIALLY Corphish being the only not fully evolved Pokemon] Though Sceptile could take care of Rock/Ground Pokemon, a Water type is sorely needed to deal with Fire types.

With all of Ash's Pokemon fully evolved but Corphish, Ash might expect too much of it which may lead to it's doom. But I'm just being dramatic

Yayz! It's conformed! *sighs with relief* When Ash said "Fresh Start", he MEANT "Fresh Start"! Noble, noble Ash.

look considering that i hate grass types, and the treecko evolution line being the only exception, i don't want Grovyle ending up in it's second form and not progressing ala Bayleef if you get my meaning. The only thing wrong i could see from this would be once again people saying the writers are picking on Corphish when i would like to know how they are.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 23rd April 2005 at 3:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Any idea of what that guy with the Meowth's japanese name is, it isn't Jouji is it (Long story). If it was Antonio, that would be funny!
    His name is Tetsuya.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Transcription of the key portion of the Ash-Oak call:

Oak: Which pokemon are you going to use in the tournament? All the pokemon you've left with me are in top shape. I can send them at any time.
    Ash: When I came to Houen, I brought only Pikachu with me, because I wanted to try a fresh start.
    Ash: Then, working hard with the pokemon I caught here, we got all eight badges. I'd love to let Charizard and the others fight now, after so long, but Grovyle and the rest of my team are ready and willing to battle. So for this tournament, I want to fight with just Grovyle and the rest of my current team.
    Oak: I see. That's good determination. It's true that you'd have an advantage by battling using pokemon that are rare in Houen. But you'd rather have even battles without resorting to that sort of strategy, right?
    Oak: Then I won't say anything more. Just use all the power you have, and battle to the best of your ability.
    OMG, first the Snorunt evolution, and now this. I'm starting to regain my faith in the writers. And the fact that Ash emphasized Grovyle is exciting me even more! If Ash sticks to his fresh start until the end of the league, then I think there would definitely be an evolution for either Corphish or Grovyle.

I agree wholly with Ash's decision that Charizard should be kept out. Although I would have liked to see his Johto pokemon again, it wouldn't have been for the cost of Charziard returning.

*Checks out the episode pics.*

Well, let's just say that I had a feeling Mr. Goodshow was going to appear again.

Oh, and thanks for giving out the translation of the conversation with Oak. And now we all know that there's only one way Ash would HAVE to use his old pokemon. We have yet to see if the writers will put in that little twist.

As for who I want to evolve during the league, it's either Grovyle or Corphish. Though I would like it more if Corphish evolved.

I'm going to be missing Pokemon alot thanks to my new job! -_- And I'm gonna need all the new info I can get to keep up with the Anime.

Well, it looked pretty good, and it sounds quite intresting. I just wish I could get to see it. ;_;

Well, see ya.

And now we all know that there's only one way Ash would HAVE to use his old pokemon. We have yet to see if the writers will put in that little twist.
    Enlighten me please. What is that one way?

Indigo Guest

I hope you will all excuse me for being too bold, but that's a Grovyle evolution being set up to occur...very...very...shortly.

Hey, people getting upset over him not using his old Pokemon, well THEORY!

Ok, techinclly the Battle Frontier isn't really the Hoenn League, so if he goes there, maybe we will see his old Pokemon again!

But, the good thing is he won't give Bulabasaur, Squirtle, and Charizard the spotlight where his new team rots (Johto Pokemon!)

EDIT: Saw episode, short points I'd like to make:

When Boots first appears, a quick spanish tune plays.....>.>

Tropius has a short cameo in the beginning, where they show some shots of Pokemon, including Aggron, Swampert, Blaziken, and machamp among Tropius. You can't see the Tropius on the pics on the site.

The Murkrow really don't seem to have any reason to attack, they just do. Plot device?

And James was Joy, not Jenny like I heard. This misunderstanding may be because when TR are disguised in the balloon, James as Joy is on the right, while Jessie disguised as Jenny is on the left. They suddenly switch sides after the Motto.

TR want to steal the flame so Giovanni can use it for cooking, cofee, and bath time...Upper body shot of Gio naked anyone?

Ash somehow jumps 20 feet in the air into TR's baloon.

Metagross is way smaller then in the movie.

Anybody notice the female professor on the other computer when Ash was talking to oak. Maybe a hint......
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 23rd April 2005 at 7:40 PM.

so Satoshi used Juptle's name with 'tachi', eh? Interesting. And he actually mentioned Lizardon specifically? Also interesting. Finally, all those damn Kantou fanboys can get a good dose of reality slammed into their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken

Um, are you forgetting that, this time around, nearly all of Satoshi's team is fully evolved? Sure, Jukain might end up being something of a ring leader, but unlike Lizardon, the difference in strength between him and the rest of his team wouldn't seem so significant. Not only are they evolved, like I said (and in all honesty, should a fully-evolved starter seem all 'that' different from other fully-evolved Pokemon?), but his whole team got a ton of training in and Satoshi's a much better strategist now. He wouldn't get so cocky as to fully rely on Jukain, and even if Jukain fell (assuming it's not his last), he might still be able to manage with the rest of his team. And Heigani, though unevolved, still manages to pack a punch.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Wow, that has to be one of the more inspirational things Ash/Satoshi has ever said. Many thanks for the translation Murgatroyd. It proves again that Ash does think about his other Pokemon, and also semi proves that Ash didn't really release Charizard, rather it seems to be a Pokemon he can get almost whenever he wanted to now.

It's also interesting that Oak noted Ash would have an added advantage if he used his older Pokemon that are rare in Hoenn. Though given how many Kanto/Johto Pokemon we've seen wild in Hoenn one has to wonder just which ones are rare there. ^_^

Bleh. I'm not that dissappointed about not getting to see any of Satoshi's Kanto team. Although I would like to see Fushigidane or Betabaton again, it's his Johto team that really needed some time in the spotlight. Being overshadowed in the last leage and then not even being allowed to compete in this one at all.. it just sucks.

In some ways I would like to see Satoshi not do so well in this league for neglecting his underused Johto pokémon *coughHeracrosscough*, but on the other hand I would like to see Heigani kick some serious arse so people will finally shut up about him 'needing' to evolve.

And not surprisingly the writers missed another chance to do something cool with the show. Although I never thought it would actually happen, this would have been a great time for Satoshi to get his Pijotto or Okorizaru back, since they were screwed over even more than Heracross or Yorunozuku. His other Kanto pokémon aside, if anyone thinks Pijotto and Okorizaru don't deserve more screentime you're an idiot. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    And not surprisingly the writers missed another chance to do something cool with the show. Although I never thought it would actually happen, this would have been a great time for Satoshi to get his Pijotto... back
    Given that Ash wasn't headed back to Pallet town before the Hoenn League, I'd have to say that there wasn't really a chance of him re-encountering pidgeot before his battles begin.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

They could have thought of some way to do it, nobody said Satoshi had to go get Pijotto. Perhaps all the Popo back in that forest are now able to take care of themselves, leaving him free to search for Satoshi on his own. Hell, Lizardon has come back to help Satoshi out three different times, and Satoshi never once set foot back in the Charicific Valley.

Excuse me guys, but I have to ask you something. At the end of this episode, professor Oak appeared and he talked us a bit about "Pokemon 8". You'll see, in certain moment, I find that professor Oak mentions to... MEWTWO!!. If you have realized it, could you explain to me what he says?. (Of course, if you understand Japanese).

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa
    Excuse me guys, but I have to ask you something. At the end of this episode, professor Oak appeared and he talked us a bit about "Pokemon 8". You'll see, in certain moment, I find that professor Oak mentions to... MEWTWO!!. If you have realized it, could you explain to me what he says?. (Of course, if you understand Japanese).
    I didn't hear any mention of Mewtwo.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Interesting that Ash specifically mentioned Grovyle twice in that conversation. Foreshadowing, perhaps?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

How does Ash usually refer to his entire team anyway? Does he just refer to them as Pokémon-tachi or does he usually refer to it as 'specificpokémon'-tachi?

About the episode itself, I personally found it to be rather boring. It was a fairly decent introduction to the new rival character, but apart from that, there weren't any moments that really stood out. Personally, I think the episode featuring Sneasel way back did a better job than this one *shrugs*

Heh, it was amusing to see James crossdressing again though XP And the Meowth in boots was incredibly cool.

As far as I know, Ash usually says either "Pikachu-tachi" or "Pokemon-tachi". This is of course subject to correction.

I don't understand, the significance of the tachi (team) suffix-thing... Anyway, the stadium looks cool! I wonder how people are going to get to the island; will spectators fly there? If so, where will they stay? Too bad I just posted a fic mentioning the place-I might have to change it. Btw, what's Ash's 6th pokemon going to be? I'm really wondering...I really hope Ash wins this time-this is his thrid league, excluding the (For ex. Orange) islands and tiny competitions. He probablly has more exp than anyone else. Say hows that stuff with the Japanese voice actor for Gary comming along? If a new rival for Ash was introduced, then I guess theres a lower chance of an old rival comming back, meaning theres still trouble with the actor, huh?
    Er-hem!...Congradulations, Ash, you and your pokemon are hall of famers!"

Quote Originally Posted by charizardpal
    Btw, what's Ash's 6th pokemon going to be?
    He already has his 6th... -_-

Quote Originally Posted by charizardpal
    I don't understand, the significance of the tachi (team) suffix-thing... Anyway, the stadium looks cool! I wonder how people are going to get to the island; will spectators fly there? If so, where will they stay? Too bad I just posted a fic mentioning the place-I might have to change it. Btw, what's Ash's 6th pokemon going to be? I'm really wondering...I really hope Ash wins this time-this is his thrid league, excluding the (For ex. Orange) islands and tiny competitions. He probablly has more exp than anyone else. Say hows that stuff with the Japanese voice actor for Gary comming along? If a new rival for Ash was introduced, then I guess theres a lower chance of an old rival comming back, meaning theres still trouble with the actor, huh?
    ...What is there to understand? There is NO GOOD REASON for Ash to have used Grovyle as the focus point when refering to his team. (Grovyle-tachi.) Pikachu-tachi, yes. Because Pikachu was his first Pokemon, and the 'Ring Leader'. Pokemon-tachi, also yes. For obvious reasons.

But Grovyle-tachi? Why him? It's not like Grovyle is some form of Special Pokemon, or anything. Just one of his five Houen Pokemon. Why not Torkaol-tachi, or Swellow-tachi? Doesn't it make you wonder just a LITTLE bit? >.>

Edit: Just seen the episode. Tetsuya is a frikking Mary Sue. Liked by everyone, gets to carry the League Flame, has strong Uber Pokemom... >.> Oh, and that Meowth. I dislike it. A lot. :P Especially after the way it acted all cocky and crap.
    Last edited by Alfonso; 25th April 2005 at 7:28 PM.

If this has been answered already, then I apologise... by why exactly was the meowth sporting boots, a hat and a scarf?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

yeah I was hoping to see meowth pwning the boots meowth...poor rocket kitty...he never gets what he deserves...I dislike the boot meowth a lot,too....
    I´m hoping Ash will win against this guy..he is a little boring ( too nice too normal) and his pokemon don´t impress me either ( I hate metagross with passion). I hope he has at least a few cooler ones in his lineup...but masamune ( who is hated here for no good reason IMO, a problem with his fatness? -.-) is a better rival

Enlighten me please. What is that one way?
    Very simple really!

Here's all that has to occur together:

Upcoming 6-on-6 match.

Previous battle one pokemon got beat up very badly and can't battle for several days./A certain thing happened (Like what happened to Kingler when he was about to battle Macey.) and it's too injured to battle for a while.

Said Pokemon won't be ready in time for the 6-on-6 match.

Upcoming 6-on-6 match, Ash has a very tough opponent, that requires all 6 for him to have a chance at winning.

------------

Enough said.

So I would say that it's best we don't celebrate just yet. I too want to see Ash use only his Houen pokemon, but I have enough common sense to think of all the possiblities.

Trust me, there's still a chance we could lose such a bet.

So if you ask me, we'd better not celebrate until it's all over.

Eddieursa is talking about that this episode at the end had a Professor Oak segemtn were he talked about the 8th movie, and the ticket promo.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast