Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Like A Meowth To Flame (402)

Meowth in Boots...sounded like a character that should have been in a movie that's out now...

I hope that I'm not the only one that thinks that Harrison, Morrison, and Tyson once knew one another back when they were starting trainers. It's just not their dub names. It's also the fact that they all kind of look the same age. (Morrison looks younger, but he's not ten.) Also, their Pokémon teams...

Think about it...

Plus the fact that the Japanese names of these rivals have an average of three syllables, so they're probably trying to match (or come close, as with Masamune/Morrison) lip syncs.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I liked this episode (just cause of all the Meowthyness) But i'm sorry...The Meowth-in-boots's dub voice causes rage in my soul...I found myself saying without even noticing "Must kill voice actor"...>_>;; They had Meowsy (The Meowth in "Go West Young Meowth" have the "Nyaa"...Why not Tetsuya's?
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

Quote Originally Posted by lordrock
    i like this episode specially when: (spoiler)> meoth duel against the other one and said ''I missed''
    Nyaasu just can't seem to keep himself out of samurai duels...
    _
    X

I guess so
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Eontios
    I'm rather confused on which way Metagross's name is pronounced... I've always said that it's Metagross with the "gross" sounding like cross. The show showed that it was pronounced "gross" as in a synonym to digusting. Which one is it?
    Gross also refers to size or amount, like the gross yearly earnings of a company or something. I suspect this is the intended meaning behind its name.

Quote Originally Posted by darkninetails
    why couldn't Meowth beat Tyson's Meowth. Tyson's Meowth seemed more advanced and powerful that a highly intellect Meowth (TR's Meowth). How can a pokemon that talks can't even use a simple attack as Pay Day?
    Its because he can talk that he can't use more advanced attacks. Meowth explained a long time ago that learning to talk human used up all the space in his mind for learning attacks.

And I wouldn't call conjuring up money from nothing "simple."

Professor Goodshow? Lol to the max![/CORNY]

Yeah, as I've mentioned in the past, it's a bit boring reviewing an episode after nearly a week's passed... can't even remember most of the details...

Oh yeah. That Meowth is one character, isn't it? O_o Seriously, though, I kinda like its accent. I mean, sometimes 4Kids can get pretty playful with voices. Usually it ****** people off, but sometimes I think it can turn out okay. Like now. But I expected Meowth-in-boots (I'll call it that from now on) to have the same VA as our true-blue, talkin' Meowth, but I don't think it did. :/ ...I guess that didn't require a frowny face 'cause it's not that big a deal, but whatever.

Woohoo! Chicken Noodle Soup! 7/10.

It has been Goodshow since Season 1 you know
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster
    It has been Goodshow since Season 1 you know
    I know, but it used to be Mr. Goodshow, not Professor Goodshow.

a dub mistake, a million before
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Okay, I finally finished watching this episode. Now I just have to watch last week's AND this week's.

I liked this episode. Didn't love it, just really liked it. It was pretty interesting to see another meowth, especially one with such a cool personality. Of course that's mostly the Antonio Banderas fan in me. I wish we'd had more between Tyson's Meowth and Team Rocket's Meowth, but at least there's always hope for more later. I don't remember from the screen captures if they meet up again, I just remember Team Rocket working in that restaurant, so I can eagerly await a rematch.

It was also great seeing James in drag again. Ah, memories. He was a pretty darn convincing Nurse Joy, much more so than Jessie in "Fire and Ice". I loved hearing the motto in the disguise voices too, that was pretty different (I mean, hearing "Officer Jenny" doing a motto, James's motto in "The Stun Spore Detour" got me used to him doing it in a feminine voice). Seeing all of Team Rocket holding torches at the end of the motto (including Wobbie and Chimie!! ) was pretty neat too.

I also liked the continuity reference to "All Fired Up" (Ash and Brock being torch runners) in this episode. The "Professor" label for Charlie Goodshow was a bit weird, but otherwise the scene was okay. Of course, the best part of the whole episode was Ash, Jessie, and James pulling on each others' faces. ROFLOL Oh, and I forgot the scene where Brock was going to every Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny. ROFLOL, that was hilarious.

Overall, 8/10. Good start to the Hoenn championship.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 18th March 2006 at 5:49 PM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

The ep was OK, I kinda like Tyson's Meowth mocking the Meowth of TR.

How predictable of Team Rocket to steal a sacred flame. I know they tried to steal one in the Indigo League, but did they also made that attempt during the Johto League.

Has anyone noticed how high Ash and team rocket jumped (all by theirselves) to the meowth balloon?
    My Team

Made by my good friend Charizard Champion#06
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Puberty is for the weak. I was born a man.
    LOL

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3480 2939 6419
    Pm Me to add.
    PSN ID: CM-Matt

lol hahahaha! Yes!!! Ash Jumped like, 100meters! And so did Team Rocket!

I'm going to make a new avatar of that Meowth, he's just awesome, especially his accent. (Me-ouwth... )
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

What an Excellent episode to start the Ever Grande Competition. I really liked seeing May get excited at trying the Ever Grande food and I liked seeing Brock go wild in the Pokemon Center with all the Joy's and Jenny's their. Nice to see that Ash id going with all his Hoen Caught Pokemon instead of reallying on his other Pokemon it really shows him growing as a trainer, also it's nice to ksee he got a new rival in Tyson who I think is much better than Morrison. I got a kicked out of both Meowths arguing and TR's Meowth getting jealous and worked up over Tyson's Meowth. Both Jessie and James definitely had on some great disguises they looked just like Joy and Jenny it's a shame that next time Tr dresses up as Joy or Jenny they decided to go with a cardboard mask instead of actually trying to look the part. Good luck to Both Ash and Tyson in their coming battles.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Good episode. A nice introduction to the Meowth guy. I loved the Meowth feud. But the sacred flame thing is getting kind of old.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

the feud going on between the meowths was funny to watch, i find it a good episode.

Oh great episode...i always love Meowth..and meowth in boots is the best<3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Lol, it's like Deja vu. Team rocket tries to steal the flame, ash stops them...THE END!
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

mmm, Tyson love to eat, ha?

His Metagross was really strong.

and i loved to see his Meowth. it was really different than TR's Meowth.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

The League! The League is here! Although it wasn't an official league battle, it was still awesome. Pokemon league episodes are always the best arcs. And it was great to go on a nostalgia trip with the proffessor, the Moltres flame and the torch runners. Can't wait for the rest.

9/10.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Nice choice of dub title, it refers to the Meowth in boots! Yay Ash and Co. finally arrive in my favorite Hoenn City, Evergrande. Although there was some Filler along the way, it was cool to finally see them arrive at their destination. Seeing May all excited about the cuisine there was odd though, who knew she was that type of girl.

Tyson and his special Meowth appeared, just in time to scare away that awful flock of Murkrow which were apparently trying to attack Ash and Co. A little bonding between Ash and Tyson and Pikachu and Meowth at the ramen shop was good, a little character development can go a long way. Even seeing Mr. Goodshow again was a plesant surprise, I hadn't seen him in so long, glad he's still important at competitions.

Though I will admit that I was upset that a brand new character like Tyson got to carry the torch to the stadium this time around. The arena itself was odd looking, a little too complex even for the League in my opinion. So cute to see TR's Meowth and the Meowth in boots develop a rivalry, though TR's Meowth will always be my favorite. Great opening episode for the PL. 9/10

It was a good episode, would have been interesting if they had been an actual evil Jenny and evil Joy but anyways those disguises were good. I get why Ash wanted to use his Hoenn team, afterall they should do all the work (The Johto team didn't get that much battle in the Johto League really) so he probably didn't want to do that again.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was good. It was cool to see a very cool-looking different Meowth. Another Sacred Flame episode... TR's Jenny and Joy disguises looked very funny, especially since James was disguised as Joy. It was cool to see a Metagross in this episode. I'm glad Ash decided to stick to only using his Hoenn Pokemon for the Pokemon League.

60/100

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast