Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Like A Meowth To Flame (402)

Does anyone else think that when Ash gets around to battling Tetsuya that they'll have a Meowth VS Pikachu showdown? They both know Iron Tail and Thunderbolt, it could happen

Cold fire Guest

and someone told me that in this episode ash acknowledged that he is homosexual and has likings for tetsuya.[I]

Quote Originally Posted by Cold fire
    and someone told me that in this episode ash acknowledged that he is homosexual and has likings for tetsuya.[I]
    ...I wonder who that was.

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! There is now a summary of this episode on Serebii thanx to Murgatroyd!

I think Tetsuya is sexy! I love him and Masamune, why does everyone hate them so much!?

I think Tetsuya is sexy! I love him and Masamune, why does everyone hate them so much!?

Because Tetsuya is a bland character who the writers created for the sole reason of having Ash lose to him in the league.

He's a carbon copy of Harrison. The only thing that makes him interesting is his Pokemon. Take those away and you're left with some bland trainer who's only purpose is to beat Ash and lose to his next match in the league.

When this is the sole purpose of this characters existance, it's pretty pathetic.

At least Masamune is FUNNY, he's the one everyone gets to make fun of and laugh at because he's amusing, like Corphish.

People hate them? I LOVE them! (not homosexually).

I really like Masamune's team, and the fact that they're not all fully-evolved. It was kinda frustrating to see in the Silver Conference that every one of Ash's opponents had fully-evolved pokemon when Ash didn't.

Tetsuya and his Meowth is cool, I can't wait to see the rest of his team.

Cold fire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    ...I wonder who that was.
    ohh yah i just remembered it was you who told me that

And just in case you haven't figured it out yet, he was kidding.

Awesome! Not only did Tetsuya get a cool name (Tyson), but Tyson's voice is very suiting.

Season One Complete!

I'm still amazed we go through the same torch runner thing in every single league. So we're using the Moltres flame again, didn't the Johto league use Ho-oh's flame?

Mr. Goodshow is back and he remembers Ash and Brock! And he knows who May is, the daughter of Norman and the person who came in the Top 8 in the Grand Festival!

Nice to see Prof. Oak again, even if Ash isn't using any of his old Pokemon.

Tyson seems interesting enough for the most part, but I like Morrison better. The Meowth in Boots is pretty funny, I can't help think that's it a parody of Puss in Boots from Shrek 2.

Officer Jenny's new voice has improved a bit, she doesn't sound as awful as she did in the Brody episode.

Overall a nice introduction episode for the Hoenn league, past recurring characters, and the introduction of Tyson.

Tyson was already used for one of the Rocket's during the Red Gyardos double bill wasn't it? The burly guy with the Fearow duo iirc.

May I ask, how did they handle the Meowth-in-boot's voice? Sometimes they tend to keep the original, sometimes they dub it over.

It was a cool episode, but Meowth should have beat the crap out of that stuck up Meowth. TR's Meowth is more badass. Otherwise there was some good animation in this episode and lots of action. I really liked it although I missed the first episode which came on at 10:00 am because I was to lazy to get out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! There is now a summary of this episode on Serebii thanx to Murgatroyd!

Wait, I can't believe I said that when this episode came out in Japan a year ago.

I was hoping for Tyler, but Tyson is okay. His voice is cool.

Goodshow is a Professor?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Other tidbits:

-Tamaranze (Mr. Goodshow) remembers who Satoshi and Takeshi are from the previous leagues. He also knows who Haruka is because he watched the Grand Festival on TV, and then deduces that Haruka is Senri's daughter.
    Please tell me you're going to touch on the awful ramen coverup when you review this episode...

Chicken Noodle Soup
    Now with the savoury taste of beef!
    _
    X

Tyson? Well, the theory has come through once again... Ash's rivals have names ending in "son"
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Geki Guest

A great start for the Hoenn Tournament, I must say. I enjoyed hereing from Oak again, as well as Mr.Goodshow. It's cool how May and Max didn't even know who he was. XD Little do they know that Ash competed in Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto before he even met them, with Brock and Misty, and Tracey. Tyson, wtf? I guess it's an allright dub name, but not the best.

10/10

So, Tetsuya's dub name is Tyson, eh? That aint too bad. It was cool seeing Oak but that isn't the last we're seeing of him in the Hoenn League episodes. Officer Jenny's voice seems better than the one in the Brody episode, I'll say.
    Overall, a great intro to the Hoenn League Championships and a nice introduction to Tyson. 8/10 for this episode.

Tyson's Meowth is so cool! xP i think its too bad     Spoiler:

(copied and pasted from Bulbagarden)

well, it looks like Tyson follows the rivals ending in "son" thing 4kids has come up with.

Harrison
    Morrison
    Tyson

and Ramen's been changed to noodles... not a huge thing since Ramen noodles are still noodles... but that doesn't look like Chicken Noodle Soup to me... meh... but it's really bizzare hearing May of all people talking about Chicken Noodle Soup... you know, considering what her starter is...

and apparently Mr. Goodshow received a degree in pokemon science or something since he now as Professor as a title... since alot of old men in pokemon appear to be professors or something apparently...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Pretty good episode.

A couple of things for me to ramble on about...

One, why all of a sudden do I have the urge to sing These Boots Are Made for Walking? *shot* But anyways, Tyson, good dub name and good dub voice. And much love to his Meowth. When was the last time we've seen a Meowth that wasn't the Meowth we all know and love from Team Rocket? Love Puss-in-Boots...I mean Meowth.

Also, for the next few episodes, I'm going to step away from Contestshipping for a little bit and kinda focus on Tyson x May (interesting if I do say so myself)

And another thing...when the hell did they start calling President Goodshow, Professor? Left in the dark here people!

But other than that, good episode ^_^

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Wow, I guess no one has noticed Ash's badge case DIDN'T get edidted!

I was so shocked and pleased about it. I guess 4Kids and Kids WB missed it because it was lying on top of the Pokedex and maybe both thought it was a part of the Pokedex

Ash mentioned Charizard to Prof. Oak as if he had Charizard, dubbing error?

Meh, I was hoping Meowth in Boots would have a simple cat meow like the clone Meowth did in Mewtwo Strikes Back. I guess a British Meowth (IMO) will have to do.

Grr dangit! Why are they giving Ash's rivals stupid names? I expected Mark for Massamune and Ted for Tetsuya. I guess they will go and call Hyuuga Harry due to the fact that he SOOOOO looks like Harry Potter. I swear, if they do I will be ticked. Yeah, he does have the glasses and the baton but please don't call him Harry. Oh and call Tomono "Tom" and Kaede "Kate."

Meanwhile, Hooray for Glalie! Glalie is still awesome.

Its funny how 4Kdis remembers Goodshows name but can't remember he wasn't a proffeser.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito

Ash mentioned Charizard to Prof. Oak as if he had Charizard, dubbing error?
    He mentioned Charizard in the Japanese version too. Even if Prof. Oak doesn't have him, Ash still considers him a reserve I assume. Or maybe Oak has access to Liza's phone number too.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    and Ramen's been changed to noodles... not a huge thing since Ramen noodles are still noodles... but that doesn't look like Chicken Noodle Soup to me... meh... but it's really bizzare hearing May of all people talking about Chicken Noodle Soup... you know, considering what her starter is...
    I'm not saying it's a huge thing, but it is a pretty dumb change. Yes, ramen is technically noodle soup, but it's also something that's been part of American culture for a few decades- though, I guess it's too exotic for 4Kids. The part that bothers me is what they changed it to; not only does it not look like chicken noodle soup(don't know how they missed the two hunks of beef and what I'm guessing is green onion, I'm also surprised with their bloated editing budget that they didn't just paint it into something else), considering the rationale that 4Kids assumes they're working with- what kid is going to arrive in a big city and the first thing out of their mouth is, "I want chicken noodle soup!"
    _
    X

Hooray! Jenny doesn't sound transexual this time!

Tyson? Eh, I don't mind it, but I was expecting something different, like Timothy. Since when is Charles Goodshow a professor? Huh?

I had a feeling the text was going to be scribbled off the restaurant walls, and I was right. I didn't think they'd go as far as to avoid the entire concept of ramen, though. I mean, it's become just as American as chicken noodle, for crying out loud.

Predictions for the rest of the league rivals:
    Tomono = Thomas
    Hyuuga = Hugo
    Kaede = Kate
    Garon = Garrison
    Jump = Jim
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

i'm suprised nobody commented on the dubbers "May line" from the episode yet.

to Tyson

"i think i've found my soulmate!"

sheesh the dubbers seem to want to pair people up alot huh?....sarcasm

And great now all we gotta do is hope Tyson doesn't say "Let it rip!" when battling Ash.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast