Page 273 of 274 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274 LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 6841

Thread: Veneno Oscuridad

  1. #6801
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,262

    Default


    SuMo VO NU CCAT
    Round 2 Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post


    Audino @Audinite
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
    Bold Nature
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Calm Mind/Heal Bell
    -Wish
    -Protect

    So, M-Audino really helps out Mismagius and vice versa by tanking Dark type moves and being immune to Ghost types, while Mismagius is immune to Fighting moves. M-Audino also really helps with healing our team via Wish and can actually set up if you want it to using Calm Mind or you can go with Heal Bell to get rid of Toxic/Burn/Sleep/Para that certain status afflicters like Aromatisse, Rotom, and Sigilyph like to hand out. Dazzling Gleam is standard STAB and is only resisted by 7 Pokemon in the tier(Including Klinklang) it also really hurts common sweepers like Scrafty or Malamar. Wish/Tect is obviously a staple to Wish passing mons and set-up Audino to continuously keep it healthy and in the fight. We're definitely going to need more reliable mons to deal with the overlord of NU known as Emboar, since Audino doesn't resist fighting or fire and really takes a hurtin from it and Mismagius doesn't want to be on the receiving end of a Flare Blitz either. Despite this major weakness atm, I believe M-Audino will be a huge helper to Mismagius.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

    DUDE (Sceptile) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Leaf Storm
    - Giga Drain
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Flying]

    Alrighty, how about this for an offensive partner? Sceptile appreciates the absence of things like Braviary, Emboar, Golbat due to Mismagius' +2 attacks and especially with the Continental Crush in tow. Specs Sceptile has immediate breaking power due to its high powered STAB and Focus Blast coverage. Seriously, not a lot can switch in too many times into specs Leaf Storm. Dual STAB at your convenience, one to initially break through fatter teams and the other for accuracy and a bit of increased longevity in the face of hazards. Focus Blast is to hit things like Cryogonal and Scrafty and Guzzlord. Don't forget Togedemaru which has become increasingly popular. Hidden Power Flying seems odd, but it's to be able to hit hard the tiers bulkier grass types like Virizion and especially Whimsicott who love to switch in on Sceptile. Plus its a go to against Emboar if we're forced to attack it up front. Sceptile also makes a great late game cleaner once its counters have been done away with!
    And that's two Pokemon! One that can tank and spank and the other that spanks really hard and fast! Both have been explained well enough! Whichever you think would fit best; let us know with you vote!

        Spoiler:- Current Team:


    Smogon NU Viability Thread

    Smogon NU Role Compendium

    As always, take into consideration the current team and what we might see more of within the tier. Your vote means a lot so do vote. ^^;

    Round 2 voting shall end on
    October 1'st 12:00 AM UTC -6

    That's 4 participants thus far in the tour! 4 more to go! Cmon dudes, show me your stuff.

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  2. #6802
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ultra Space
    Posts
    3,658

    Default

    Voting M-Audino~

    FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Currently Hunting:
    Friend Safari:
    SOS: /

    Most Recent Shiny:


  3. #6803
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    WHOA
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Voting for Sceptile



        Spoiler:- Credit:

    VO Wins: 298

  4. #6804

    Default

    Mega Audino is my vote!

    OT: Vlinny (M), Voltaire (S), FC: 2552-3278-3638

  5. #6805
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Votin Sceptile!

    C'mon now, lets get those votes in. Also, s'more participants in the tour •u•


    Tied in this CCAT!

    Till October 2'nd 12:00 PM UTC -6 is when this round ends!
    Last edited by MetalSonic; 2nd October 2017 at 6:23 AM.

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  6. #6806
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    549

    Default

    voting for the sceptile just because it takes out alot in that tier plus its a nice shinny plus its a starter pokemon plus its 3rd gen plus its a grass type plus just because


  7. #6807
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Alrighty, we're gonna end this round tomorow mornin, no matter what!
    October 4'th 10:00 AM UTC -6

    If you're on the fence, well get off it and vote its DANGEROUS up there

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  8. #6808
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Installation 05
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Voting Sceptile, I guess?
    When all else fails, nothing beats a swift whack upside the head.

  9. #6809
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Alrighty; it's time to move on!

    SuMo NU CCAT
    Round 3 Nominatin


    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

    Mismagius @ Rockium Z
    Ability: Levitate
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Power Gem
    - Dazzling Gleam

    Lure sets are always fun, and it is getting to that scary time of the year so a ghost sounds fitting. It's Rockium-Z Mismagius! A simple set, you just set up a Nasty Plot and sweep at the opportune moment. Shadow Ball is fitting for STAB, Dazzling Gleam is so certain mons like Scrafty and Guzzlord can be hit hard enough and the kicker is Rockium-Z, which lures in certain mons that may think they can take a hit. Such mons include Braviary, Golbat, Crogonal, Vikavolt, and sometimes Incineroar and Houndoom. With these mons lured and out of the way, we can pave the way for other teammates that would appreciate their presence not being felt anymore. Rockium-Z doesnt even have to be used, sometimes the coverage and power from a regular old Power Gem is enough, so its nice to have. Then we save the big hit for something else! Mismagius enjoys things out of the way that may look to take her out quicker then she can act, fast things like Sneasel, Frosslass, Sucker Priority and scarfers all can prey on Miss' often unfortunate defense. So we'll have to play around those more often then not, once they're out of the way, there's not much that can stomach +2 hits from this ghost. Well, except certain bulky mons, there's a plethora but most arent built to take many hits from a boosted missy so she should be good with the team support needed to weaken them in general!
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

    DUDE (Sceptile) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Leaf Storm
    - Giga Drain
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Flying]

    Alrighty, how about this for an offensive partner? Sceptile appreciates the absence of things like Braviary, Emboar, Golbat due to Mismagius' +2 attacks and especially with the Continental Crush in tow. Specs Sceptile has immediate breaking power due to its high powered STAB and Focus Blast coverage. Seriously, not a lot can switch in too many times into specs Leaf Storm. Dual STAB at your convenience, one to initially break through fatter teams and the other for accuracy and a bit of increased longevity in the face of hazards. Focus Blast is to hit things like Cryogonal and Scrafty and Guzzlord. Don't forget Togedemaru which has become increasingly popular. Hidden Power Flying seems odd, but it's to be able to hit hard the tiers bulkier grass types like Virizion and especially Whimsicott who love to switch in on Sceptile. Plus its a go to against Emboar if we're forced to attack it up front. Sceptile also makes a great late game cleaner once its counters have been done away with!
    Smogon NU Viability Thread

    Smogon NU Role Compendium

    We'll find that these dual special attackers can really just plow through more defensive teams with their attacks. Their speeds aren't so bad either; especially Sceptiles in both the power and speed department who loves to clean up late game as well as wallbreak early. This offensive core do compliment each other as they tend to wear down each others checks or in the case of Maggy; blow them away all together to Sceptiles glee. Or the other way around to; so that Mismagius' flexibility can win the day in the end! Though, the frailty of this core is very apparent. They cant take very powerful hits so if they're not threatening somethin out with an OHKO or are against somethin that is simply faster; they can be taken down unfortunately easily. Things like this are Sneasel and Scarf Drapion as these mons outspeeds both of ours and can easily trap them, Emboar is another threat as it IS very bulky and hard to wear down at the beginning. Not so speedy, but easily able to tank and then OHKO both mons. The team's still young so as always; there's still many things to cover, but a tiny offensive core that batter each others checks is here now!

    Now we'll still need things like rocks or perhaps pivots to get in these frail mons? Perhaps a pure defensive mon is on your mind? Whatever the case; suggest it and suggest it well! Take a look at the viability if you want as well; also, Barbaracle is being suspected. We'll not be suggesting it, ok? Im thinking its gonna go, everythings pointing towards it, but we can't be too sure. It might be safe just to have some general measures for it to, so keep it in mind. I'll let yall know when it ends.

    Round 3 Nominating shall end on
    October 6'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

    :_;7
    Last edited by MetalSonic; 4th October 2017 at 5:46 PM.

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  10. #6810
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ultra Space
    Posts
    3,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post


    Audino @Audinite
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
    Bold Nature
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Calm Mind/Heal Bell
    -Wish
    -Protect

    So, M-Audino really helps out Mismagius and vice versa by tanking Dark type moves and being immune to Ghost types, while Mismagius is immune to Fighting moves. M-Audino also really helps with healing our team via Wish and can actually set up if you want it to using Calm Mind or you can go with Heal Bell to get rid of Toxic/Burn/Sleep/Para that certain status afflicters like Aromatisse, Rotom, and Sigilyph like to hand out. Dazzling Gleam is standard STAB and is only resisted by 7 Pokemon in the tier(Including Klinklang) it also really hurts common sweepers like Scrafty or Malamar. Wish/Tect is obviously a staple to Wish passing mons and set-up Audino to continuously keep it healthy and in the fight. We're definitely going to need more reliable mons to deal with the overlord of NU known as Emboar, since Audino doesn't resist fighting or fire and really takes a hurtin from it and Mismagius doesn't want to be on the receiving end of a Flare Blitz either. Despite this major weakness atm, I believe M-Audino will be a huge helper to Mismagius.
    resuggesting M-Audino

    FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Currently Hunting:
    Friend Safari:
    SOS: /

    Most Recent Shiny:


  11. #6811
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,262

    Default


    Rhydon @ Eviolite
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast
    - Megahorn

    Rhydon is arguably the best rocker in the tier. It threatens out so many of the common hazard control and gets up rocks very easily on the things it comes in on due to its immense bulk. Even Xatu has to be wary of its Rock Blast when coming in and trying to prevent rocks. Rock Blast over any other rock coverage as it can take down Froslass with 3 hits through the sash. Choosing Rhydon as it meshes well with out current mons. Rhydon lures out bulky waters such as Vaporeon, Seismitoad, and Slowbro. All of which our current mons would love to take advantage of. Megahorn is almost purely so Malamar can get threatened out and can be used against a predicted grass type as well. Rhydons typing does compliment our current mons as the water and grass type attacks aimed at could provide a hard switch opprotune for Sceptile. Sceptile can then react with the appropriate coverage. Even some of Rhydons weaknesses can be used to get in Mismagius as well due to her typing and ability.

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  12. #6812
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    549

    Default

    Alright might as well post a poke for this nu team




    Incineroar @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
    Brave Nature
    - Darkest Lariat
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn
    - Fake Out



    Incineroar the pokemon that looks like it should be op but it isnt. It shines well in nu and for this team for its slow u turn and checks for sensals and freinds. AV lets it tank a little with max hp and max att lets us hit any poke that doesnt like lariat or u turn.


  13. #6813
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    SuMo VO NU CCAT
    THIRD MEMBER VOTIN


    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post

    Audino @Audinite
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
    Bold Nature
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Calm Mind/Heal Bell
    -Wish
    -Protect

    So, M-Audino really helps out Mismagius and vice versa by tanking Dark type moves and being immune to Ghost types, while Mismagius is immune to Fighting moves. M-Audino also really helps with healing our team via Wish and can actually set up if you want it to using Calm Mind or you can go with Heal Bell to get rid of Toxic/Burn/Sleep/Para that certain status afflicters like Aromatisse, Rotom, and Sigilyph like to hand out. Dazzling Gleam is standard STAB and is only resisted by 7 Pokemon in the tier(Including Klinklang) it also really hurts common sweepers like Scrafty or Malamar. Wish/Tect is obviously a staple to Wish passing mons and set-up Audino to continuously keep it healthy and in the fight. We're definitely going to need more reliable mons to deal with the overlord of NU known as Emboar, since Audino doesn't resist fighting or fire and really takes a hurtin from it and Mismagius doesn't want to be on the receiving end of a Flare Blitz either. Despite this major weakness atm, I believe M-Audino will be a huge helper to Mismagius.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

    Rhydon @ Eviolite
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast
    - Megahorn

    Rhydon is arguably the best rocker in the tier. It threatens out so many of the common hazard control and gets up rocks very easily on the things it comes in on due to its immense bulk. Even Xatu has to be wary of its Rock Blast when coming in and trying to prevent rocks. Rock Blast over any other rock coverage as it can take down Froslass with 3 hits through the sash. Choosing Rhydon as it meshes well with out current mons. Rhydon lures out bulky waters such as Vaporeon, Seismitoad, and Slowbro. All of which our current mons would love to take advantage of. Megahorn is almost purely so Malamar can get threatened out and can be used against a predicted grass type as well. Rhydons typing does compliment our current mons as the water and grass type attacks aimed at could provide a hard switch opprotune for Sceptile. Sceptile can then react with the appropriate coverage. Even some of Rhydons weaknesses can be used to get in Mismagius as well due to her typing and ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquer Phoenix View Post

    Incineroar @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
    Brave Nature
    - Darkest Lariat
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn
    - Fake Out


    Incineroar the pokemon that looks like it should be op but it isnt. It shines well in nu and for this team for its slow u turn and checks for sensals and freinds. AV lets it tank a little with max hp and max att lets us hit any poke that doesnt like lariat or u turn.
    Smogon NU Viability Thread

    Smogon NU Role Compendium

        Spoiler:- Current Team:


    Sorry for the wait! Normally, im a lil strict on the deadlines, nick. Though this time i'll let it slide so we can hit at least three entrants and expand our options. I wont let it slide next time though, so please be wary of those deadlines. Anywho, it's time to vote! Audino covers the role of cleric or bulky set up attacker. Its phenomenal bulk means it can come in on many unboosted hits and proceed to use these weak hits to set up, heal our team, or even just to take a hit nobody else should take. Which could be especially helpful in giving our attackers a second chance if they've been statused or weakened. Then we have Rhydon; a bulky, powerful, mixed defense Pokemon that makes its mark with the rocks it can so easily set and its respectful coverage. It also does synergize very well with our current mons; appreciating what they take down and can in turn, tanking the hits they dont want to, in return, it can dish out some damage of its own. Lastly; there's Incineroar. An AV set means mons like Sigilyph, Xatu, opposing Sceptiles and Mismagius, and quite a bit of special attackers find themselves checked when Incineroar comes in. Having to switch out; a U-Turn could be used to gain momentum. Though, hazard control would be mandatory as his checking capabilities are severely hindered when rocks are out.

    Ok, there's the three mons!
    Round 3 Votin shall end on
    October 10'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

    Barbaracle still aint gone, but it looks like it is goin! Smogons just takin their sweeeeet time. So dont worry and vote!

    ;_;7

    Also, join that tour! I didnt forget it! You know; the OU tour??
    Tour Post!
    This tour right here!
    Last edited by MetalSonic; 10th October 2017 at 6:02 PM.

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  14. #6814
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    WHOA
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Voting for Rhydon



        Spoiler:- Credit:

    VO Wins: 298

  15. #6815
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    160

    Default

    PS Alt?: 00swms
    Timezone?: Central Time
    SHOW ME YOUR BATTLE CRY: Meow

  16. #6816
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Votin Rhydon

    also usage stats for October

    1 Landorus-Therian | 42.966%
    2 Tapu Koko | 24.386%
    3 | Magearna | 21.662%
    4 | Ferrothorn | 17.486%
    5 | Greninja-Ash | 17.150%
    6 | Tapu Lele | 16.808%
    7 | Zygarde | 15.613%
    8 | Heatran | 14.920%
    9 | Excadrill | 13.574%
    10 | Greninja | 12.866%
    11 | Kartana | 11.751%
    12 | Toxapex | 11.711%
    13 | Celesteela | 11.408%
    14 | Mimikyu | 10.970%
    15 | Scizor-Mega | 10.559%
    16 | Latios | 10.249%
    17 | Mew | 9.550%
    18 | Tangrowth | 9.341%
    19 | Tapu Fini | 8.740%
    20 | Clefable | 8.607%
    21 | Chansey | 8.499%
    22 | Garchomp | 8.471%
    23 | Zapdos | 8.416%
    24 | Tapu Bulu | 8.041%
    25 | Keldeo | 7.456%
    26 | Magnezone | 7.453%
    27 | Mawile-Mega | 7.267%
    28 | Diancie-Mega | 7.158%
    29 | Pelipper | 7.012%
    30 | Skarmory | 6.941%
    31 | Lopunny-Mega | 6.597%
    32 | Kyurem-Black | 6.587%
    33 | Pinsir-Mega | 6.577%
    34 | Hawlucha | 6.549%
    35 | Victini | 6.424%
    36 | Swampert-Mega | 6.033%
    37 | Tyranitar | 5.776%
    38 | Gyarados-Mega | 5.734%
    39 | Medicham-Mega | 5.292%
    40 | Marowak-Alola | 4.852%
    41 | Charizard-Mega-X | 4.625%
    42 | Venusaur-Mega | 4.498%
    43 | Kingdra | 4.460%
    44 | Volcarona | 4.401%
    45 | Ninetales-Alola | 4.225%
    46 | Sableye-Mega | 4.098%
    47 | Bisharp | 3.738%
    48 | Manaphy | 3.654%
    49 | Gengar | 3.524%
    50 | Charizard-Mega-Y | 3.475%
    51 | Alakazam-Mega | 3.454%

    IT'S OVER, ALAKAZAM IS FINISHED.

    And wow, Koko is just a really versatile as an offensive threat and a stallbreaker. Really brings it home now that its over Magearna. Im also just a lil scared for Gengar.

        Spoiler:- THIS IS ALSO RELEVANT TO OUR CCAT:


    BAN EMBOAR

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  17. #6817
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Installation 05
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Voting for... ... Rhydon.
    Because Audino is weird, and I have no opinions about Incineroar. But Eviolite Rhydon was something I once considered. ... In Sandstorm.

    Just 43% Landorus? Sure feels like at least 80%.
    When all else fails, nothing beats a swift whack upside the head.

  18. #6818
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    549

    Default

    voting for the roar


  19. #6819
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    SuMo NU CCAT
    Round 4 Nominatin


    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

    Mismagius @ Rockium Z
    Ability: Levitate
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Power Gem
    - Dazzling Gleam

    Lure sets are always fun, and it is getting to that scary time of the year so a ghost sounds fitting. It's Rockium-Z Mismagius! A simple set, you just set up a Nasty Plot and sweep at the opportune moment. Shadow Ball is fitting for STAB, Dazzling Gleam is so certain mons like Scrafty and Guzzlord can be hit hard enough and the kicker is Rockium-Z, which lures in certain mons that may think they can take a hit. Such mons include Braviary, Golbat, Crogonal, Vikavolt, and sometimes Incineroar and Houndoom. With these mons lured and out of the way, we can pave the way for other teammates that would appreciate their presence not being felt anymore. Rockium-Z doesnt even have to be used, sometimes the coverage and power from a regular old Power Gem is enough, so its nice to have. Then we save the big hit for something else! Mismagius enjoys things out of the way that may look to take her out quicker then she can act, fast things like Sneasel, Frosslass, Sucker Priority and scarfers all can prey on Miss' often unfortunate defense. So we'll have to play around those more often then not, once they're out of the way, there's not much that can stomach +2 hits from this ghost. Well, except certain bulky mons, there's a plethora but most arent built to take many hits from a boosted missy so she should be good with the team support needed to weaken them in general!
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

    DUDE (Sceptile) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Leaf Storm
    - Giga Drain
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Flying]

    Alrighty, how about this for an offensive partner? Sceptile appreciates the absence of things like Braviary, Emboar, Golbat due to Mismagius' +2 attacks and especially with the Continental Crush in tow. Specs Sceptile has immediate breaking power due to its high powered STAB and Focus Blast coverage. Seriously, not a lot can switch in too many times into specs Leaf Storm. Dual STAB at your convenience, one to initially break through fatter teams and the other for accuracy and a bit of increased longevity in the face of hazards. Focus Blast is to hit things like Cryogonal and Scrafty and Guzzlord. Don't forget Togedemaru which has become increasingly popular. Hidden Power Flying seems odd, but it's to be able to hit hard the tiers bulkier grass types like Virizion and especially Whimsicott who love to switch in on Sceptile. Plus its a go to against Emboar if we're forced to attack it up front. Sceptile also makes a great late game cleaner once its counters have been done away with!
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

    Rhydon @ Eviolite
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Blast
    - Megahorn

    Rhydon is arguably the best rocker in the tier. It threatens out so many of the common hazard control and gets up rocks very easily on the things it comes in on due to its immense bulk. Even Xatu has to be wary of its Rock Blast when coming in and trying to prevent rocks. Rock Blast over any other rock coverage as it can take down Froslass with 3 hits through the sash. Choosing Rhydon as it meshes well with out current mons. Rhydon lures out bulky waters such as Vaporeon, Seismitoad, and Slowbro. All of which our current mons would love to take advantage of. Megahorn is almost purely so Malamar can get threatened out and can be used against a predicted grass type as well. Rhydons typing does compliment our current mons as the water and grass type attacks aimed at could provide a hard switch opprotune for Sceptile. Sceptile can then react with the appropriate coverage. Even some of Rhydons weaknesses can be used to get in Mismagius as well due to her typing and ability.
    Smogon NU Viability Thread

    Smogon NU Role Compendium

    Rhydon is here for our rocking pleasures, putting things into 2HKO and OHKO range for our sweepers. Aside from just meshing well and enjoying the fact that our other 2 Pokemon can take out the things that ail it such as bulky waters and bulky grasses, Rhydon also rids Poison types for Sceptile.

    Right now our team is still plagued by common weaknesses that a lot of RU teams share. Such as Ice weakness, or rather, Vanilluxe weakness and a dark weakness. These things are normally remedied by fast checks and little opportunity for those types of mons to get in, but still, it's good to keep them in mind. We've still three slots to suggest with though so get suggestin!

    Round 4 Nominating shall end on
    October 12'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

    :_;7

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  20. #6820
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ultra Space
    Posts
    3,658

    Default



    Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Scald
    - Psyshock
    - Slack Off

    Alrighty here. Slowbro this fine Poke? It can survive a hit from a Banded Emboar's Wild Charge AND tanks it's Superpower and Flare Blitz excellently. Not only that, non-Freeze Dry Vanilluxe really have a problem dealing with it. Max defense ensures we can survive hits from mons like Emboar, Hitmonlee, and Steelix. Calm Mind lets us boost on a switch-in which can easily give us an edge in a fight against Mons like Virizion. Scald and Psyshock are standard STAB moves, and Scald can let us try and get burns on switch-ins to mons like Sneasel which would definitely spell trouble for Slowbro. Slack Off lets us stay in with our Calm Mind boosts to keep us alive and well to keep boosting and taking out mons that would cause us trouble. It also pairs very well with Rhydon and Sceptile as it tanks the Water and Fire moves that would otherwise demolish them.

    FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Currently Hunting:
    Friend Safari:
    SOS: /

    Most Recent Shiny:


  21. #6821
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,262

    Default


    Delphox @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Fire Blast
    - Psychic
    - Signal Beam / Shadow Ball
    - Trick

    So, I think we need a Psychic resist and some more speed control and a fairy resist AND an ice resist. It's a lot of pressure, but I think she'll manage with more team support. Scarf Delphox is perfect for this. Dual STAB is neccesary, especially so for further insurance against things like Sneasel, Agility Vikavolt, and Scarved threats like Vanilluxe. The third slot is tricky and really depends on the make up of this team at the end, but I chose Signal beam for extra insurance against Malamar and retains coverage against Houndoom, Incineroar, and Guzzlord, all of which tend to switch into Missys and Sceptiles STABs more often the not and threaten out with scarves, priority, or just plain bulk but Shadow Ball could be used for an insured hit against the likes of Xatu, Froslass and Sigilyph. Trick in the end is to cripple bulkier teams!

    Grass Knot used to go there at third slot, but Barbaracle is banned now!

    And since we just got suggestions, I suppose ill extend the deadline till;
    October 14'th 4:00 PM UTC -6

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  22. #6822
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Installation 05
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Heh. Posting "battle" result as instructed.

    Rank?: 1?
    Oppnent's Serebii name?: MetalSonic
    Win or Lose?: Lose
    Score?: 1-6 (forfeit)
    Your current won battle total?: 0
    How did you feel about it?: Oh man. Got creamed in this 1 vs 6 proof of concept test battle! Time to... reflect on the results for a bit.
    When all else fails, nothing beats a swift whack upside the head.

  23. #6823
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    SuMo VO NU CCAT
    FOURTH MEMBER VOTIN


    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post

    Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Scald
    - Psyshock
    - Slack Off

    Alrighty here. Slowbro this fine Poke? It can survive a hit from a Banded Emboar's Wild Charge AND tanks it's Superpower and Flare Blitz excellently. Not only that, non-Freeze Dry Vanilluxe really have a problem dealing with it. Max defense ensures we can survive hits from mons like Emboar, Hitmonlee, and Steelix. Calm Mind lets us boost on a switch-in which can easily give us an edge in a fight against Mons like Virizion. Scald and Psyshock are standard STAB moves, and Scald can let us try and get burns on switch-ins to mons like Sneasel which would definitely spell trouble for Slowbro. Slack Off lets us stay in with our Calm Mind boosts to keep us alive and well to keep boosting and taking out mons that would cause us trouble. It also pairs very well with Rhydon and Sceptile as it tanks the Water and Fire moves that would otherwise demolish them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

    Delphox @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Fire Blast
    - Psychic
    - Signal Beam / Shadow Ball
    - Trick

    So, I think we need a Psychic resist and some more speed control and a fairy resist AND an ice resist. It's a lot of pressure, but I think she'll manage with more team support. Scarf Delphox is perfect for this. Dual STAB is neccesary, especially so for further insurance against things like Sneasel, Agility Vikavolt, and Scarved threats like Vanilluxe. The third slot is tricky and really depends on the make up of this team at the end, but I chose Signal beam for extra insurance against Malamar and retains coverage against Houndoom, Incineroar, and Guzzlord, all of which tend to switch into Missys and Sceptiles STABs more often the not and threaten out with scarves, priority, or just plain bulk but Shadow Ball could be used for an insured hit against the likes of Xatu, Froslass and Sigilyph. Trick in the end is to cripple bulkier teams!
    Smogon NU Viability Thread

    Smogon NU Role Compendium

        Spoiler:- Current Team:


    We got Psychic Types in the buildin now! Similar resistances give these dudes somewhat similar checking capabilities such as ice type moves that aren't Freeze-Dry. Also a good deterrent to Psychic spam itself! One's a bulkier mon that gives us even better insurance against physically opressive mons like Rhydon, Garbador, Hitmonlee and just functions as an excellent pivot and late game sweeper with it regen and CM capabilities. Slowbro really appreciates the departure of Toxic-carrying mons like Steelix, Piloswine, Seisimitoad, Vaporeon and especially opposing Slowbro and Slowking. All of which are threatened by our current mons one way or the other. Then we have Delphox, who gives us a nice revenge killer, ice/fairy resist in one! Do keep in mind, whoever we choose, we'll have a big Dark weakness. That's especially worrisome as we have Guzzlord climbin the ranks right now. This is especially evident as dark/dragon are HOT right now. Pretty much the only popular one right now that doesnt halt offensive momentum is Whimsicott.


    With these things in mind, do vote!
    Round 4 Nominatin shall end on
    October 16'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

    AND DONT FORGET TO JOIN THE TOUR
    Tour Post!
    I wont stop remindin till its filled!
    Last edited by MetalSonic; 14th October 2017 at 5:57 PM.

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  24. #6824
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Gintama
    4141-4046-0120
    I'm looking for good people to battle
    0 leagues
    4 years of experience
    MetalSonic

  25. #6825
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonian View Post
    Gintama
    4141-4046-0120
    I'm looking for good people to battle
    0 leagues
    4 years of experience
    MetalSonic
    Welcome! 4 years means you've been about since the weather wars of gen 5. That's neato.
    PM'd you the appropriate links! Thanks for joinin up, we have a CCAT (Clan-Create-A-Team) goin on right now and are currently lookin for peeps to join the OU tour we're havin.

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

Page 273 of 274 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •