Page 280 of 280 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280
Results 6,976 to 6,982 of 6982

Thread: Veneno Oscuridad

Voting Magearna

FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Recently Obtained:

Hunting:

OOOOOOOk, so we got one vote for each Pokemon!

That's an extension!

January 17'th 12:00 AM UTC -6 is the vibe im puttin forth. Cmon all, vote!

Where competitive things happen~

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

I must take my leave I haven't been very active and haven't battled in months but maybe someday I'll be back gl to all
    MY TSV IN MY AS GAME= 0359
    MY TSV IN MY Y GAME= 2737

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard_Rulez84 View Post
    I must take my leave I haven't been very active and haven't battled in months but maybe someday I'll be back gl to all
    Good luck in your future endeavors!

Votin Heatran

Also, i'll be extending the deadline to January 18'th 5:00 PM UTC -6

Alsoalso im still putting the awards together. I kinda want the awards to be fitting for the specific people in each category!

Alsoalsoalso the Delibird people who got events have spoken! I'll write those up tomorrow or next. First is Lugia-sama's as he answered first ^^;

~~~

^ Way to go, Mc! I've updated all points from battles, to prize points from events!

USUM OU CCAT
    LAST MON NOMINATIN

H O T P O C K E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post

Chansey @Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp. Def
    Bold Nature
    - Toxic
    - Seismic Toss
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Counter

Soft-Boiled because it's Chansey. I mean... come on.

Seismic Toss so Chansey can actually do something against Steel types that don't attack directly. That way, Chansey can actually stall against Celesteela and Ferrothorn despite Leech Seed.

Toxic because... it's Chansey. Puts a timer on those who would like to set up against Chansey, and sometimes even prompts them to just attack directly, which leads to...

Counter. When a Chansey appears, everyone automatically thinks: hit it hard. And then Chansey kills them. Given the sheer number of lead Pokemon that use physical attacks, Counter works surprisingly well. Such as, Landorus Therian. It'll use Stealth Rocks at first, while Chansey uses Toxic. Then Landorus either uses Earthquake, in which case Chansey kills it immediately with Counter, or it uses U-turn, in which case the next poor sap that popped out dies immediately.

Unorthodox, perhaps, but that is why it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by meliekpi View Post

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Discharge
    - Roost
    - Heat Wave
    - Defog

Standard defensive Zap. Y'all brought this defensive core garbage to yourselves and now I can only help. SD (and banded) Kartana is becoming more and more popular lately along with AV bulu and this set deals with both of them while clearing nasty hazards from our soon to be stall/semi stall team. Knock Off Kartana/Sub Zygarde are still pretty annoying though so we'll need to find answers to those along with hazards and a win condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
    Ability: Grassy Surge
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Horn Leech
    - Superpower
    - Stone Edge

A Tapu Bulu set sounds nice, but specifically, the SD one does sound nicest imo! Bulus ability and typing allows it to check +1 Zygarde and set up alongside it with SD. Also checks physical Z-Wild Koko, physical offensive water type breakers like Mega Gyara and Crawdaunt, and especially Keldeo. When one fat team meets another and neither have very much offensive presence, its wall breakers like this that make things a bit easier! As mentioned, common Bulu counters like Scizor, Skarm, and Celesteela do tend to make Bulus life a pain. Zapdos does well to help keep these mons in line. As is the case on the other spectrum that is special attack in the case of Magearna, Heatran, and Greninja with Chanseys aid. Since the main goal of this Bulu is to break through other fat teams, it makes sense to make it Adamant as its that extra power that'll enable it to OHKO things like max HP mega Lati, Venusaur-Mega, and Tangrowth after rocks and a plus +2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post

Blacephalon @Choice Scarf
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
    Timid Nature
    -Overheat/Mind Blown
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psychic/Psyshock/Calm Mind
    -Trick

So like I came up with this on the spot neat right!? Anyway, since Blacephalon is scary stronk with Special Attacks and has some decent speed I decided, hey why not scarf it? Like right? Anyway the EVs are self-explanatory as is the nature. Overheat is for massive STAB fire damage without health loss, but hey if you want a little more damage with the 50% hp loss go ahead! Shadow Ball is standard Ghost STAB, Psychic is our nice coverage move which can be swapped with Psyshock if you wanna. Psychic hits Toxapex pretty hard on a switch in and OHKOs 'fast stuff that might come in to revenge kill but uh oh your scarf makes you faster' such as Gengar, Keldeo, and M-Lopunny. Trick is the special thing on this bad boy. What's worse for Pokemon like Toxapex, Chansey, Celesteela, and other mons that rely on their special held items like Eviolite and Leftovers/Black Sludge to make them extra bulky lose that item for a Scarf? You can also use it safely against slower sucker punchers like Bisharp to lock them into it while stealing their item! If you don't wanna run Psychic or Psyshock then you can use Calm Mind for scenarios like this for a free SpDef and SpAtk boost on the switch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia-sama View Post
    Nominating

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Toxic/Taunt
    - Protect/Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

Provides the team with Stealth Rock support. Has nice synergy with Zapdos and Bulu; they can take on Ground and Fighting type moves and pressure Water types while Tran can take on Lele and Magearna for the most part (be wary of Focus Blast and Fightnium Z). Grassy Surge provides Tran with some additional recovery alongside Lefties while Chansey and Tran can alleviate some of the pressure from each other while taking on special attackers such as Koko and Blacephelon. Protect is useful for scouting for moves such as the aforementioned Focus Blast, for gaining more recovery, and for getting the drop on High Jump Kick. Taunt can help stallbreak mons such as Chansey and Clefable while Toxic can wear down some of Tran's switch ins such as bulky water types.

Some issues that the team would still have: Fightnium Z Lele and Magearna; MLopunny; MMedicham; Flynium Z Lando.
    Now we've got Heatran to better suit ourselves towards psychic spam from the likes of Lele especially, not only that but it's also a fantastic rocker. Lugia-sama did a bang up job for the explanation!

This is it; the last mon! What should it be? What're we weak to? What can we do with now? Maybe a better check to T-Tars Banded Stone Edge? Maybe a Water type to give this team a bit more options against opposing offensive Grounds? Who knooows, maybe you do! This is the last mon. Think hard. I mean reeeeaaallly hard.

USUM OU Viability Rankings

USUM OU Role Compendium

Final Mon Nominatin shall end on
    January 22'nd 12:00 AM UTC -6

~~~

credits to Amercan-Pi

BACK
    BY
    POPULAR DEMAND

It's the Not-So-OU challenge! The rules are eaaasy.

1. You must ladder on the Pokemon Showdown SM OU ladder with a team that has two Pokemon that AREN'T OU or BL.

2. You must hit 1510 ELO with your team(s)!

3. You must use a fresh alt with no OU battles!

4. You must post 4 replays of you using your team(s) on the climb!

5. You must fill out the form and wait for me to verify your alt before you start!

Spoiler:- Form:

Prize'll be HMMMMMMM
        Spoiler:- :
    Last edited by MetalSonic; 20th January 2018 at 4:32 PM.

vvv Lookie

I think we need like a water type man for that sick water/grass/fire combo so uhhh

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake/Ice Fang

Mega Gyarados not only stops Psychic spam completely from Pokemon due to it's Dark typing but it also grants us another Dark and Water resist which we could defo use. Nature and EVs are very self-explanatory. Dragon Dance is our little booster buddy that grants +1 spe and att after every use. Crunch is standard STAB and hits many Pokemon in OU very hard such as Blacephalon, M-Zam, (M)Latios, Mew, Etc... Waterfall is secondary standard STAB which absolutely smacks any Fire, Ground, and Rock type in the tier like Tyranitar, Lando, and Heatran. Earthquake comes in handy with it's ability Mold Breaker allowing us to hit the pesky Levitater Wash Rotom that tends to switch in on Gyarados, while also hitting Heatran, Tyranitar, Magnezone, M-Mawile, and Magearna really hard. Ice Fang over EQ if you want to get rid of pesky Garchomps w/o the Rough Skin damage or Landos in a pinch. Mold Breaker itself is really handy as it allows us to completely rid ourselves of Mimikyu without even worrying about Disguise boosts + we can smack Volcarona into next year without worrying about Flame Body burning us!

FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Recently Obtained:

Hunting:

PS alt: pewkumuku
    Your fave music genre: rap isn't music, it's ****

Nominating

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Calm Mind
    - Slack Off
    - Psyshock

Provides the team with a regen mon, a sweeper, a burn spreader, and forms the grass/water/fire core. Good synergy with Chansey, taking on mons like MMedicham and MLopunny while Chansey takes on mons like Koko and Ashninja. Zapdos deals with mons like Bulu, Kartana, and Scizor which can prevent Slowbro from sweeping. Slowbro also provides a switch in to Keldeo, which Bulu doesn't like doing cause of Scald. 44 Speed EVs are to outspeed Toxapex so that it can get a Psyshock off before pex uses Haze.
    If this mon gets chosen I propose putting Heal Bell on Chansey so Slowbro doesn't have to worry about getting statused as much and also maybe replacing Blacephelon with Scarf Keld to get a secondary check to Ttar besides Bulu.
    Last edited by Lugia-sama; Yesterday at 3:51 PM.

Spoiler:- Credit:

VO Wins: 310

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia-sama View Post
    PS alt: pewkumuku
    Your fave music genre: rap isn't music, it's ****

Nominating

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Calm Mind
    - Slack Off
    - Psyshock

Provides the team with a regen mon, a sweeper, a burn spreader, and forms the grass/water/fire core. Good synergy with Chansey, taking on mons like MMedicham and MLopunny while Chansey takes on mons like Koko and Ashninja. Zapdos deals with mons like Bulu, Kartana, and Scizor which can prevent Slowbro from sweeping. Slowbro also provides a switch in to Keldeo, which Bulu doesn't like doing cause of Scald. 44 Speed EVs are to outspeed Toxapex so that it can get a Psyshock off before pex uses Haze.
    If this mon gets chosen I propose putting Heal Bell on Chansey so Slowbro doesn't have to worry about getting statused as much and also maybe replacing Blacephelon with Scarf Keld to get a secondary check to Ttar besides Bulu.
    You're good!

vvv Lookie

Page 280 of 280 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280