Page 279 of 280 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280 LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 6982

Thread: Veneno Oscuridad

  1. #6951
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ultra Space
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    lets see blue = sad, red = mad, and green = sick so


    the red one has to be mad rad right? red delibird

    FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Recently Obtained:

    Hunting:


  2. #6952
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    USUM OU CCAT
    THIRD MON VOTIN


    AAAH IM SO TERRIBLY LATE

    Quote Originally Posted by Conquer Phoenix View Post


    Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Grassy Surge
    EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Horn Leech
    - Wood Hammer
    - Superpower
    - Nature's Madness

    Chansey Zapdos both have some problems with lando and zyn so bulu is here to help out with that. AV Bulu is really common now with grassy surge taking care of thousand arrows which really hurt us right now and eq. AV helps it live through some special attacks thrown our way and bulu can hit back against most pokemon coming our with the exception of mega scizor and mag which zapdos and chansey help cover for.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

    Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
    Ability: Grassy Surge
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Horn Leech
    - Superpower
    - Stone Edge

    A Tapu Bulu set sounds nice, but specifically, the SD one does sound nicest imo! Bulus ability and typing allows it to check +1 Zygarde and set up alongside it with SD. Also checks physical Z-Wild Koko, physical offensive water type breakers like Mega Gyara and Crawdaunt, and especially Keldeo. When one fat team meets another and neither have very much offensive presence, its wall breakers like this that make things a bit easier! As mentioned, common Bulu counters like Scizor, Skarm, and Celesteela do tend to make Bulus life a pain. Zapdos does well to help keep these mons in line. As is the case on the other spectrum that is special attack in the case of Magearna, Heatran, and Greninja with Chanseys aid. Since the main goal of this Bulu is to break through other fat teams, it makes sense to make it Adamant as its that extra power that'll enable it to OHKO things like max HP mega Lati, Venusaur-Mega, and Tangrowth after rocks and a plus +2 Rockium.
    Bulu seems like a perfect fit! I mean, it has to be, right? More then one person hadd it in mind! The type of Bulu, however, is up to you. You gotta pick!

        Spoiler:- Current Team:


    USUM OU Viability Rankings

    USUM OU Role Compendium

    Votin for Third Mon shall end on
    December 30'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

    ~~~



    These Delibird?? Well they're about to leave! The deadline to pick is also on
    December 30'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

    Once they're gone, you gotta wait till next year to pick again! Too cool to pick?? Well, uhh, Delibirds an ice type so its COOLER. SO PICK.

    ~~~


    As you all know, a very special day is coming! A day so special I have something nice planned to be announced. If you kept your eyes open im pretty sure you know of it already, but if you didnt, you might like it! I mean, I sure hope so. ^^;

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  3. #6953
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    WHOA
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Voting for Meta's Bulu



        Spoiler:- Credit:

    VO Wins: 310

  4. #6954
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ultra Space
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    voting Meta's Bulu

    FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Recently Obtained:

    Hunting:


  5. #6955
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    IT'S TIME

    To unwrap presents! If you picked, well, you're in for a surprise! If you didnt, well, uhh, you know, good for you. Maybe you're already satisfied with your present situation! ^^;



    The blue Delibird

    Blue is a very commonly liked color, for its flexibility and relation to commonly "cool" things like air, or the ocean. However, is the present just as cool? It's time to find out...



        Spoiler:- *rustles*:


    The red Delibird

    Ah, the oriental Delibird. The safest Delibird to pick, and for good reason! Red and white is such a pleasing combo with the right design. Delibird is quite a nice design for it to, especially given its theme. Let's see if the present is just as pleasing!





        Spoiler:- *rustles*:


    The green Delibird

    A very merry color as well. Green can be a very stoic color. Associated with intelligence, not that you're not intelligent for picking other colors!! Though it can get ugly very quickly, green is a very sensitive color. Lighter tones can be very enjoyable, but darker ones can be especially hostile. Yes, a sensitive color indeed!



        Spoiler:- *rustles*:



    Thanks everyone for participating! It can be hard to give you dudes things you actually want, so I hope you at least were slightly mused by this whole series of events. Hope your wallets made it through the holidays!

    ~~~



    Seal Sunday

    As you're all aware, the Sunday after Christmas is always Seal Sunday! You know the rules!

        Spoiler:- Rule(s):


    If you say something nice, you get 5 points! It's good to remember the seals of Pokemon.

    ~~~

    USUM OU CCAT
    FOURTH MON NOMINATIN


    BIG MAN BULU


    Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post

    Chansey @Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp. Def
    Bold Nature
    - Toxic
    - Seismic Toss
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Counter

    Soft-Boiled because it's Chansey. I mean... come on.

    Seismic Toss so Chansey can actually do something against Steel types that don't attack directly. That way, Chansey can actually stall against Celesteela and Ferrothorn despite Leech Seed.

    Toxic because... it's Chansey. Puts a timer on those who would like to set up against Chansey, and sometimes even prompts them to just attack directly, which leads to...

    Counter. When a Chansey appears, everyone automatically thinks: hit it hard. And then Chansey kills them. Given the sheer number of lead Pokemon that use physical attacks, Counter works surprisingly well. Such as, Landorus Therian. It'll use Stealth Rocks at first, while Chansey uses Toxic. Then Landorus either uses Earthquake, in which case Chansey kills it immediately with Counter, or it uses U-turn, in which case the next poor sap that popped out dies immediately.

    Unorthodox, perhaps, but that is why it worked.

    Quote Originally Posted by meliekpi View Post

    Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Discharge
    - Roost
    - Heat Wave
    - Defog

    Standard defensive Zap. Y'all brought this defensive core garbage to yourselves and now I can only help. SD (and banded) Kartana is becoming more and more popular lately along with AV bulu and this set deals with both of them while clearing nasty hazards from our soon to be stall/semi stall team. Knock Off Kartana/Sub Zygarde are still pretty annoying though so we'll need to find answers to those along with hazards and a win condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

    Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
    Ability: Grassy Surge
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Horn Leech
    - Superpower
    - Stone Edge

    A Tapu Bulu set sounds nice, but specifically, the SD one does sound nicest imo! Bulus ability and typing allows it to check +1 Zygarde and set up alongside it with SD. Also checks physical Z-Wild Koko, physical offensive water type breakers like Mega Gyara and Crawdaunt, and especially Keldeo. When one fat team meets another and neither have very much offensive presence, its wall breakers like this that make things a bit easier! As mentioned, common Bulu counters like Scizor, Skarm, and Celesteela do tend to make Bulus life a pain. Zapdos does well to help keep these mons in line. As is the case on the other spectrum that is special attack in the case of Magearna, Heatran, and Greninja with Chanseys aid. Since the main goal of this Bulu is to break through other fat teams, it makes sense to make it Adamant as its that extra power that'll enable it to OHKO things like max HP mega Lati, Venusaur-Mega, and Tangrowth after rocks and a plus +2.
    Bulu can break through fatter teams with its amazing offenses and grassy STABs, especially after a +2 boost. By virture of its natural bulk for physical hits and its terrain, it can come in on ground, dark, and water attacks, and gives our team some more offensive options! The ability to nuke anything with a hard +2 Grass STAB, or Z-move can be extraordinary against opposing fat. Still though, our team isnt impervious! We've got some obvious things to cover like hazards, fire and ice weaknesses, maybe somethin else that's able to commit to the long game and can whittle the opposing team down as well. Maybe you got it in mind, what our teams gonna need next!

    USUM OU Viability Rankings

    USUM OU Role Compendium

    4th Mon Nominatin shall end on
    January 2'nd 12:00 PM UTC -6

    ~~~



    The VO Graham Crackers!

    This is still in progress, but I promised i'd fill you all in! I'm just about done, but as you all may or may not know, our anniversary has appeared! Yes, it's the 4th anniversary of VO! We've been through a lot. Remember that one time that thing happened, HOOOOOO, was that crazy. I pay attention to you dudes a bit and you've all got some quirks about that can be charming at times. This isnt about what I think, it's about what YOU guys think! The event im planning will be an awards event for VO! Not just me, but 00swms was the one who im collabing with for this to! From embarrassing awards to quirky awards and competitive awards, most member will be given a shot to win. I say most cause some of you are inactive, unfortunately. Only active people will be eligible! I just gotta polish the form a bit, and it'll be posted.

    Look forward to the future! Do what you can at the moment and keep building yourself up! If you fall, dont stay fallen, get right back up. Thanks for bein as stalwart and awesome as ever, VO. Pokemons got that really uncanny ability to bring people together, huh?
    Last edited by MetalSonic; 2nd January 2018 at 2:03 PM.

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  6. #6956
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Is there a least useful award? Or most unreliable? I think I am the most qualified candidate for either title.
    4th gen FC: 2408 3429 9011
    BW FC: 3568 3503 5142
    3DS FC: 1220-6627-2913, 2337-5693-9340

  7. #6957
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Installation 05
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Ah, Walrein. You don't understand the true awesomeness of this walruseal until you see it in a dedicated Acid Rain team back in Generation IV. Sure, the game wasn't DESIGNED for such shenanigans, but... Walrein (and Ludicolo) in that team is INVINCIBLE! ... There, I sold out. POINTS! ... Seriously though. Acid Rain Walrein is hilarious.

    As for nominations... I guess I'll renominate my Chandelure. With Zapdos's Defog, and Bulu's Grassy Terrain, Chandelure has a lot less to worry about. And can burn other Tapu Bulus.
    When all else fails, nothing beats a swift whack upside the head.

  8. #6958
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New york
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Pokemon?: (in which ball if multiple of the same mon in different balls): charmander premier ball
    Nature?: Adamant
    What word are you thinking of right now?: T*ts
    Current Orders: 0

  9. #6959
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ultra Space
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    I actually love all the seal/sea lion Pokemon tbh

    Seel and Dewgong are my fav gen 1 water types, Spheal line is my fav gen 3 ice types, Samurott is my fav water type, and Popplio's line is my fav gen 7 water types.

    anyway imma suggest something that i made up myself i think it's decent whatever


    Blacephalon @Choice Scarf
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
    Timid Nature
    -Overheat/Mind Blown
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psychic/Psyshock/Calm Mind
    -Trick

    So like I came up with this on the spot neat right!? Anyway, since Blacephalon is scary stronk with Special Attacks and has some decent speed I decided, hey why not scarf it? Like right? Anyway the EVs are self-explanatory as is the nature. Overheat is for massive STAB fire damage without health loss, but hey if you want a little more damage with the 50% hp loss go ahead! Shadow Ball is standard Ghost STAB, Psychic is our nice coverage move which can be swapped with Psyshock if you wanna. Psychic hits Toxapex pretty hard on a switch in and OHKOs 'fast stuff that might come in to revenge kill but uh oh your scarf makes you faster' such as Gengar, Keldeo, and M-Lopunny. Trick is the special thing on this bad boy. What's worse for Pokemon like Toxapex, Chansey, Celesteela, and other mons that rely on their special held items like Eviolite and Leftovers/Black Sludge to make them extra bulky lose that item for a Scarf? You can also use it safely against slower sucker punchers like Bisharp to lock them into it while stealing their item! If you don't wanna run Psychic or Psyshock then you can use Calm Mind for scenarios like this for a free SpDef and SpAtk boost on the switch!

    I don't know vote for me!

    FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Recently Obtained:

    Hunting:


  10. #6960
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    191

    Default

    I'm late but I'll nominate something too. (please fix formatting ty)
    ---

    M-Diancie

    name: Substitute + Endeavor
    move 1: Substitute
    move 2: Endeavor
    move 3: Moonblast
    move 4: Diamond Storm
    item: Diancite
    ability: Clear Body
    nature: Naive
    evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

    A sub endeavor set that pressures defensive mons like pex, m-venu, and gliscor. Pairs well with bulu (though arguably better with *** vest bulu) to take out stall while keeping Diancite a little healthier with the terrain. Zapdos pairs well to force out steels like scizor and celesteela.
    4th gen FC: 2408 3429 9011
    BW FC: 3568 3503 5142
    3DS FC: 1220-6627-2913, 2337-5693-9340

  11. #6961
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,317

    Default


    USUM OU CCAT
    FOURTH MON VOTIN


    WOWO
    you guys REALLY wanna ghost/fire on this team

    Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post


    Chandelure @Choice Scarf
    Ability: Infiltrator
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat
    - Shadow Ball
    - Energy Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

    Candleface the Chandelure. ... Or Shadowflame since it sounds cooler. I think Chandelure serves decent when paired with Chansey because it slaps those who would not care for the Counter Chansey build. Such as...



    Scizor and Kartana melt away to Flamethrower. I think Scarf is pretty much mandatory to hit Kartana before it uses Knock Off, assuming it has it. And Chandelure's Infiltrator IGNORES Substitute. A Contrary Serperior can use Sub all it wants. It will burn and die immediately. Chandelure also resists Bullet Punch, so Scizor won't be swatting it away after one or two Swords Dance. And Zygarde can't do squat with Extremespeed, allowing Chandelure to do its thing first.

    Flamethrower for primary STAB. Fire Blast and Overheat are optional, but I hate all attacks with accuracy less than 100. But for the purpose of this, I will include those stronger attacks.

    Shadow Ball for secondary STAB. I would say that this isn't all THAT necessary, but... Tapu Lele exists. Some Latios builds exist.

    Energy Ball for coverage, I guess? Smack those occasional Water types that come in. Rock and Ground too, I suppose.

    Hidden Power [Ice] to smack Landorus and Substitute Zygarde. Infiltrator ignores Sub, so Zygarde can try hiding and using Coil, but Chandelure gives no damns, and HP Ice against Zygarde would be twice as effective as a regular Shadow Ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post

    Blacephalon @Choice Scarf
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
    Timid Nature
    -Overheat/Mind Blown
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psychic/Psyshock/Calm Mind
    -Trick

    So like I came up with this on the spot neat right!? Anyway, since Blacephalon is scary stronk with Special Attacks and has some decent speed I decided, hey why not scarf it? Like right? Anyway the EVs are self-explanatory as is the nature. Overheat is for massive STAB fire damage without health loss, but hey if you want a little more damage with the 50% hp loss go ahead! Shadow Ball is standard Ghost STAB, Psychic is our nice coverage move which can be swapped with Psyshock if you wanna. Psychic hits Toxapex pretty hard on a switch in and OHKOs 'fast stuff that might come in to revenge kill but uh oh your scarf makes you faster' such as Gengar, Keldeo, and M-Lopunny. Trick is the special thing on this bad boy. What's worse for Pokemon like Toxapex, Chansey, Celesteela, and other mons that rely on their special held items like Eviolite and Leftovers/Black Sludge to make them extra bulky lose that item for a Scarf? You can also use it safely against slower sucker punchers like Bisharp to lock them into it while stealing their item! If you don't wanna run Psychic or Psyshock then you can use Calm Mind for scenarios like this for a free SpDef and SpAtk boost on the switch!

    I don't know vote for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by meliekpi View Post

    name: Substitute + Endeavor
    move 1: Substitute
    move 2: Endeavor
    move 3: Moonblast
    move 4: Diamond Storm
    item: Diancite
    ability: Clear Body
    nature: Naive
    evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

    A sub endeavor set that pressures defensive mons like pex, m-venu, and gliscor. Pairs well with bulu (though arguably better with *** vest bulu) to take out stall while keeping Diancite a little healthier with the terrain. Zapdos pairs well to force out steels like scizor and celesteela.
    That's two scarvers of almost the same fashion at first glance! One is Chandelure which has the niche of hitting past subs against mons like Su Zygarde, Sub Diancie, and Sub Alakazam. It's also a potent late game sweeper with its high sp.atk and fantastic coverage. Blacephalon is just about in the same ball park only this one can go with Mind Blown for incredible damage output but at the cost of half. Another safer alternative would be Fire Blast or Flamethrower. It lends itself to becoming a CM'er should you trick the Scarf away but Psychic/Shock is coverage to better pressure things like Keldeo, Venusaur-Mega, and Toxapex should the team require more answers to them. Also its a very potent late game sweeper thanks to scars beast boost. Lastly, we have melies Diancie. The combination of Sub+Endeavor, high speed, and high powered STABs can easily wear a team down, though it is susceptible to hazards, of course, given the nature of the set.

    That's three Pokemon!
    Once can be chosen, and ONLY one, so vote after ya give it a good think

    USUM OU Viability Rankings

    USUM OU Role Compendium

    4th Mon Votan shall end on
    January 6'th 12:00 AM UTC -6


    And thank you few, who participated in seal sunday! Its imperative to REMEMBER that seals are VERY IMPORTANT

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  12. #6962
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ultra Space
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    voting my Blacephalon

    FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Recently Obtained:

    Hunting:


  13. #6963
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    560

    Default

    voting for blacephalon


  14. #6964
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    votin Chandy

    also stilll puttin together the awards, addin and droppin some awards, its the first time we've done somehtin like this so wanna make sure everythings ok



    EVERYONE PLEASE WATCH THIS
    this is an excellent match on both sides with minimal hax, it's ORAS OU, and if the commentary is bothersome, watch it on mute with captions but this is definitely two great players and a great example of fantastic competitive pokemon being played, i dont post videos too often but this game is just awesome, its just a very inspirational game for me and i do hope u dudes see it as the same
    Last edited by MetalSonic; 4th January 2018 at 6:05 PM.

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  15. #6965
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Installation 05
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Voting Chandelure!
    When all else fails, nothing beats a swift whack upside the head.

  16. #6966
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    WHOA
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Voting for Blacephelon

    Oh and Walrein is cool

    Bo5 w/ nick:

    Rank?: 9.5
    Oppnents Serebii name?: Conquer Phoenix
    Win or Lose?: L
    Score?: idr
    Your current won battle total? 306
    How did u feel about it?: GG

    Rank?: 9.5
    Oppnents Serebii name?: Conquer Phoenix
    Win or Lose?: W
    Score?: idr
    Your current won battle total? 307
    How did u feel about it?: GG

    Rank?: 9.5
    Oppnents Serebii name?: Conquer Phoenix
    Win or Lose?: W
    Score?: idr
    Your current won battle total? 308
    How did u feel about it?: GG

    Rank?: 9.5
    Oppnents Serebii name?: Conquer Phoenix
    Win or Lose?: W
    Score?: idr
    Your current won battle total? 309
    How did u feel about it?: GG

    Rank?: 9.5
    Oppnents Serebii name?: Conquer Phoenix
    Win or Lose?: W
    Score?: idr
    Your current won battle total? 310
    How did u feel about it?: GG
    Last edited by Lugia-sama; 5th January 2018 at 5:32 PM.



        Spoiler:- Credit:

    VO Wins: 310

  17. #6967
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    ^ Way to go, Mc! I've updated all points from battles, to prize points from events!

    USUM OU CCAT
    FIFTH MON NOMINATIN


    A BEAST


    Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post

    Chansey @Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp. Def
    Bold Nature
    - Toxic
    - Seismic Toss
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Counter

    Soft-Boiled because it's Chansey. I mean... come on.

    Seismic Toss so Chansey can actually do something against Steel types that don't attack directly. That way, Chansey can actually stall against Celesteela and Ferrothorn despite Leech Seed.

    Toxic because... it's Chansey. Puts a timer on those who would like to set up against Chansey, and sometimes even prompts them to just attack directly, which leads to...

    Counter. When a Chansey appears, everyone automatically thinks: hit it hard. And then Chansey kills them. Given the sheer number of lead Pokemon that use physical attacks, Counter works surprisingly well. Such as, Landorus Therian. It'll use Stealth Rocks at first, while Chansey uses Toxic. Then Landorus either uses Earthquake, in which case Chansey kills it immediately with Counter, or it uses U-turn, in which case the next poor sap that popped out dies immediately.

    Unorthodox, perhaps, but that is why it worked.

    Quote Originally Posted by meliekpi View Post

    Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Discharge
    - Roost
    - Heat Wave
    - Defog

    Standard defensive Zap. Y'all brought this defensive core garbage to yourselves and now I can only help. SD (and banded) Kartana is becoming more and more popular lately along with AV bulu and this set deals with both of them while clearing nasty hazards from our soon to be stall/semi stall team. Knock Off Kartana/Sub Zygarde are still pretty annoying though so we'll need to find answers to those along with hazards and a win condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post

    Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
    Ability: Grassy Surge
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Horn Leech
    - Superpower
    - Stone Edge

    A Tapu Bulu set sounds nice, but specifically, the SD one does sound nicest imo! Bulus ability and typing allows it to check +1 Zygarde and set up alongside it with SD. Also checks physical Z-Wild Koko, physical offensive water type breakers like Mega Gyara and Crawdaunt, and especially Keldeo. When one fat team meets another and neither have very much offensive presence, its wall breakers like this that make things a bit easier! As mentioned, common Bulu counters like Scizor, Skarm, and Celesteela do tend to make Bulus life a pain. Zapdos does well to help keep these mons in line. As is the case on the other spectrum that is special attack in the case of Magearna, Heatran, and Greninja with Chanseys aid. Since the main goal of this Bulu is to break through other fat teams, it makes sense to make it Adamant as its that extra power that'll enable it to OHKO things like max HP mega Lati, Venusaur-Mega, and Tangrowth after rocks and a plus +2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post

    Blacephalon @Choice Scarf
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
    Timid Nature
    -Overheat/Mind Blown
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psychic/Psyshock/Calm Mind
    -Trick

    So like I came up with this on the spot neat right!? Anyway, since Blacephalon is scary stronk with Special Attacks and has some decent speed I decided, hey why not scarf it? Like right? Anyway the EVs are self-explanatory as is the nature. Overheat is for massive STAB fire damage without health loss, but hey if you want a little more damage with the 50% hp loss go ahead! Shadow Ball is standard Ghost STAB, Psychic is our nice coverage move which can be swapped with Psyshock if you wanna. Psychic hits Toxapex pretty hard on a switch in and OHKOs 'fast stuff that might come in to revenge kill but uh oh your scarf makes you faster' such as Gengar, Keldeo, and M-Lopunny. Trick is the special thing on this bad boy. What's worse for Pokemon like Toxapex, Chansey, Celesteela, and other mons that rely on their special held items like Eviolite and Leftovers/Black Sludge to make them extra bulky lose that item for a Scarf? You can also use it safely against slower sucker punchers like Bisharp to lock them into it while stealing their item! If you don't wanna run Psychic or Psyshock then you can use Calm Mind for scenarios like this for a free SpDef and SpAtk boost on the switch!
    Ooh, this teams lookin super balanced now. We've got speed control in Blacephalon! Not only that, but Blacephalon can snowball effect in the late game thanks to Beast Boost. Overheat and Mind Blown can be very effective in hit and run scenarios, but Fire Blast could work just as well should you not want those nasty drawbacks both other options come with and you're looking to stay in for a sweep. Both the psychic options are excellent coverage against poisons like Venusaur and Toxapex, depending on how the team looks in the end should dictate which spectrum we'd appreciate hitting them from most. Trick incapacitates common switch ins to Blaceph like Chansey, Toxa, you know, when the match-up deems versatility to be more effective then speed. Blacephalons a really cool Pokemon, I feel. It's obscenely powerful, but also a little too frail with a weakness to stealth rock. It wont be hard to take out in one hit, so do ensure you'll be KOing whatever it is you're up against, or at least, able to take a hit.

    We've got Chansey+Zapdos for KokoLucha, Chansey for general special spongeynes, Bulu for erroneous grounds like Zygarde, and Blacephalon to help everyone keep up to speed. A good way to know what we're weak to is to check the viability ranks, but from what I can see off the bat is still a weakness to psychic spam int he form of specs Lele. What do you see? Can you help it?

    USUM OU Viability Rankings

    USUM OU Role Compendium

    5th Mon Nominatin shall end on
    January 10'nd 12:00 AM UTC -6

    ~~~

    USUM Nuzlocke Update #VIII

        Spoiler:- Plot:


        Spoiler:- Party:


        Spoiler:- Pending:


        Spoiler:- Passed:
    Last edited by MetalSonic; 8th January 2018 at 4:34 AM.

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  18. #6968
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Installation 05
    Posts
    640

    Default

    2 more Pokemon to go, huh?

    From the depths of unorthodox shenanigans, I present... THE REMOVAL OPTION

    Sharpedo @Focus Sash
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    - Protect
    - Destiny Bond

    With Defog and maybe even Grassy Terrain, entry hazards aren't really much of a concern, so Focus Sash will do its job. And with Speed Boost, Sharpedo can get to on average of +3 Spd, allowing it to outrun everything in existence. 120 Atk hurts a lot, so taking repeated hits from this thing SUCKS. And as a Dark type, switch into a Psychic-locked Tapu Lele to force it to run, giving you more time to get faster. And as a bonus, if Tapu Lele retreats, it leaves behind Psychic Terrain, which then protects Sharpedo from Speed Priority shenanigans like Greninja.

    Waterfall: Primary STAB, and 20% chance of making the opponent flinch, which is just hilarious, since that gives Sharpedo even more turns to be annoying.

    Crunch: Secondary STAB. Pretty important, given how many things resist Water or just don't care.

    Protect: Mandatory for this thing, actually. Using Protect immediately grants a free +1 Spd, allowing it to outrun things that used to outrun it before. Protect, survive a hit with Sash, Protect again, for +3 Spd on Sharpedo, allowing it to...

    Destiny Bond: The removal. What if something managed to get one too many Dragon/Quiver Dance, thus outruns and sweeps the whole team? The solution is here. Protect, survive a hit while blasting 'em with Waterfall/Crunch, Protect, then Waterfall/Crunch again if first attack dealt more than 50% damage, or Destiny Bond to drag 'em down to hell. Unless the opponent used Dragon/Quiver Dance more than 3 times, Sharpedo will outrun them, allowing it to use Destiny Bond without problems. But chances are, given Sharpedo's Atk stat, it can two shot quite a lot of things, allowing it to save Destiny Bond for the poor sap that comes out right after.
    When all else fails, nothing beats a swift whack upside the head.

  19. #6969
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ultra Space
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    i'll suggest again:


    Magearna @Assault Vest
    Ability: Soul Heart
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    -Fleur Cannon
    -Flash Cannon
    -Hidden Power Fire
    -Volt Switch

    This is basic tanky Magearna, not only can this wall Tapu Lele, but it also checks and counters Specs Gengar, Special Greninja, M-Diancie, and Clefable very well. The EVs and nature allow it to do this along with the extra boost in SpD thanks to Assault Vest which will rarely get Knocked Off due to Magearna's resistance to Dark and it's huge bulk. Fleur Cannon is Magearna's standard Fairy STAB which can OHKO many Pokemon susceptible to Fairy such as Bisharp, Kyu-B, Keldeo, and M-Lopunny. Plus it also OHKOs two very common rain team pokes; Kingdra and Hawlucha. Flash Cannon is the secondary STAB move which can put a dent in Tapu Lele and Bulu while also hurting Clefable and Mimikyu and 2HKOs A-Veil A-Ninetales. HP Fire really cripples some common switch-ins like M-Scizor, Ferrothorn, Kartana, etc... while Volt Switch provides safe switch-ins for your team and really hurts Pelipper and deals a respectable amount of damage to Tapu Fini, Manaphy, and Skarmory. Magearna really pairs well with the team by eliminating our big weakness to Fairy and Psychic spam we have now but we're still quite susceptible to Fire moves in particular with only Blacephalon being our check for those types, and Pokemon like Heatran, Marowak-A, and other Blacephalon are Pokes we wouldn't wanna switch that in on.

    FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Recently Obtained:

    Hunting:


  20. #6970
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    WHOA
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Nominating

    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Toxic/Taunt
    - Protect/Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

    Provides the team with Stealth Rock support. Has nice synergy with Zapdos and Bulu; they can take on Ground and Fighting type moves and pressure Water types while Tran can take on Lele and Magearna for the most part (be wary of Focus Blast and Fightnium Z). Grassy Surge provides Tran with some additional recovery alongside Lefties while Chansey and Tran can alleviate some of the pressure from each other while taking on special attackers such as Koko and Blacephelon. Protect is useful for scouting for moves such as the aforementioned Focus Blast, for gaining more recovery, and for getting the drop on High Jump Kick. Taunt can help stallbreak mons such as Chansey and Clefable while Toxic can wear down some of Tran's switch ins such as bulky water types.

    Some issues that the team would still have: Fightnium Z Lele and Magearna; MLopunny; MMedicham; Flynium Z Lando.



        Spoiler:- Credit:

    VO Wins: 310

  21. #6971
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    BAM

    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...-2018.3625266/

    Necrozma moved from BL3 to RU
    Ribombee moved from BL3 to RU
    Qwilfish moved from PU to NU
    Kingdra moved from OU to UU
    Mandibuzz moved from UU to RU
    Spiritomb moved from NU to PU
    Stakataka moved from OU to UU
    Lucario moved from BL2 to UU
    Heliolisk moved from RU to NU
    Venusaur moved from RU to NU
    Charizard-Mega-Y moved from OU to UU
    Blastoise-Mega moved from UU to RU
    Sandslash-Alola moved from NU to PU
    Manaphy moved from OU to UU
    Marowak-Alola moved from OU to UU
    Torkoal moved from RU to NU
    Klinklang moved from BL4 to NU
    Lycanroc-Dusk moved from OU to UU
    Dragonite moved from OU to UU
    Silvally-Steel moved from PU to NU
    Ninetales-Alola moved from OU to UU
    Smeargle moved from RU to NU
    Claydol moved from NU to PU
    Rotom-Mow moved from NU to RU
    Medicham moved from BL4 to NU
    Yanmega moved from BL3 to RU
    Seismitoad moved from NU to UU
    Kommo-o moved from RU to UU
    Gengar moved from OU to UU
    Rotom-Wash moved from UU to OU
    Aurorus moved from NU to PU
    Dugtrio moved from RU to NU

    NOOOOOOOOOOOO, BROS
    THIS WASNT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN TO GENGAR

    Also, still puttin those awards together. Found out the first method of doin em might leave results a stretch, so I wanted to compact it. You'll see what I mean when I post it!

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  22. #6972
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    WHOA
    Posts
    298

    Default

    I thought they banned Manaphy from UU already
    Z Rain + Tail Glow was p hardcore



        Spoiler:- Credit:

    VO Wins: 310

  23. #6973
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    somewhere waitin for me
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    ^^^ I remember Manaphy being banned. Wasn't that last gen though?



    USUM OU CCAT
    FIFTH MON VOTIN



    Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    2 more Pokemon to go, huh?

    From the depths of unorthodox shenanigans, I present... THE REMOVAL OPTION


    Sharpedo @Focus Sash
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    - Protect
    - Destiny Bond

    With Defog and maybe even Grassy Terrain, entry hazards aren't really much of a concern, so Focus Sash will do its job. And with Speed Boost, Sharpedo can get to on average of +3 Spd, allowing it to outrun everything in existence. 120 Atk hurts a lot, so taking repeated hits from this thing SUCKS. And as a Dark type, switch into a Psychic-locked Tapu Lele to force it to run, giving you more time to get faster. And as a bonus, if Tapu Lele retreats, it leaves behind Psychic Terrain, which then protects Sharpedo from Speed Priority shenanigans like Greninja.

    Waterfall: Primary STAB, and 20% chance of making the opponent flinch, which is just hilarious, since that gives Sharpedo even more turns to be annoying.

    Crunch: Secondary STAB. Pretty important, given how many things resist Water or just don't care.

    Protect: Mandatory for this thing, actually. Using Protect immediately grants a free +1 Spd, allowing it to outrun things that used to outrun it before. Protect, survive a hit with Sash, Protect again, for +3 Spd on Sharpedo, allowing it to...

    Destiny Bond: The removal. What if something managed to get one too many Dragon/Quiver Dance, thus outruns and sweeps the whole team? The solution is here. Protect, survive a hit while blasting 'em with Waterfall/Crunch, Protect, then Waterfall/Crunch again if first attack dealt more than 50% damage, or Destiny Bond to drag 'em down to hell. Unless the opponent used Dragon/Quiver Dance more than 3 times, Sharpedo will outrun them, allowing it to use Destiny Bond without problems. But chances are, given Sharpedo's Atk stat, it can two shot quite a lot of things, allowing it to save Destiny Bond for the poor sap that comes out right after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post
    i'll suggest again:


    Magearna @Assault Vest
    Ability: Soul Heart
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    -Fleur Cannon
    -Flash Cannon
    -Hidden Power Fire
    -Volt Switch

    This is basic tanky Magearna, not only can this wall Tapu Lele, but it also checks and counters Specs Gengar, Special Greninja, M-Diancie, and Clefable very well. The EVs and nature allow it to do this along with the extra boost in SpD thanks to Assault Vest which will rarely get Knocked Off due to Magearna's resistance to Dark and it's huge bulk. Fleur Cannon is Magearna's standard Fairy STAB which can OHKO many Pokemon susceptible to Fairy such as Bisharp, Kyu-B, Keldeo, and M-Lopunny. Plus it also OHKOs two very common rain team pokes; Kingdra and Hawlucha. Flash Cannon is the secondary STAB move which can put a dent in Tapu Lele and Bulu while also hurting Clefable and Mimikyu and 2HKOs A-Veil A-Ninetales. HP Fire really cripples some common switch-ins like M-Scizor, Ferrothorn, Kartana, etc... while Volt Switch provides safe switch-ins for your team and really hurts Pelipper and deals a respectable amount of damage to Tapu Fini, Manaphy, and Skarmory. Magearna really pairs well with the team by eliminating our big weakness to Fairy and Psychic spam we have now but we're still quite susceptible to Fire moves in particular with only Blacephalon being our check for those types, and Pokemon like Heatran, Marowak-A, and other Blacephalon are Pokes we wouldn't wanna switch that in on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia-sama View Post
    Nominating

    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Toxic/Taunt
    - Protect/Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

    Provides the team with Stealth Rock support. Has nice synergy with Zapdos and Bulu; they can take on Ground and Fighting type moves and pressure Water types while Tran can take on Lele and Magearna for the most part (be wary of Focus Blast and Fightnium Z). Grassy Surge provides Tran with some additional recovery alongside Lefties while Chansey and Tran can alleviate some of the pressure from each other while taking on special attackers such as Koko and Blacephelon. Protect is useful for scouting for moves such as the aforementioned Focus Blast, for gaining more recovery, and for getting the drop on High Jump Kick. Taunt can help stallbreak mons such as Chansey and Clefable while Toxic can wear down some of Tran's switch ins such as bulky water types.

    Some issues that the team would still have: Fightnium Z Lele and Magearna; MLopunny; MMedicham; Flynium Z Lando.
    A healthy three Pokemon!
    All have been explained well and well enough! The first is a straight up psychic SPAM deterrent, as well as could work as a late game cleaner. The intro of D-Bond means that it could also work as a surprise KO'er should the opp be forced to OHKO you. Then we have Magearna which acts as extra insurance to the tiers plethora of special attackers alongside Chansey. Volt Switch would help to get in Bulu and Blacephalon a little more safely as well in the face of Magearna switch ins like Toxapex, Chansey, Volcarona, and Venusaur. Lastly we have Heatran which affords us a psychic spam check, a Stealth Rocker, and a strong fire attack deterrent as Blacephalon cannot take a hit. Rocks are especially important to keep that consistent pressure from switches up on the opponents side. Keep in mind type synergy as well!

    USUM OU Viability Rankings

    USUM OU Role Compendium

    5th Mon Votan shall end on
    January 13'th 12:00 AM UTC -6

    Where competitive things happen~

    vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet
    art credits to American-Pi

  24. #6974
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    WHOA
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Oh I guess USUM counts as another gen

    Voting for Heatran



        Spoiler:- Credit:

    VO Wins: 310

  25. #6975
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Installation 05
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Voting Sharpedo, since this team will need removal against those that have set up one too many times.
    When all else fails, nothing beats a swift whack upside the head.

Page 279 of 280 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •