Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Games 2014 Predictions/Dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I never said HG/SS were needed either, and I do agree that they weren't, although I can see why they did remake them given that Gens 1 and 2 were completely disconnected from Generation 3 onward. One could argue that the method of having Gen 3 communicate with Gen 6 is cumbersome (given it requires 4 games and 2 systems), but it IS possible, unlike communication between Generations 2 and 3, which is impossible six ways to Sunday. That said, every Pokemon in the game is already available, so it truly isn't needed; It's purely for nostalgia. I just get tired of remakes in general; I find it a bit discouraging that the gaming industry as the whole has started to overvalue remakes to the point where some people seem to complain if new games get released over remakes remember the people who complained on January 8th when the XY announcement wasn't a Hoenn remake announcement?

I honestly don't think we'll see another main series Mario game in 2014, given that we just got 3D World at the end of 2013. Mario Kart is a given, and we might see another Mario spinoff, but I'd say it would probably be a stretch to say we'd see another platforming Mario game (i.e., no Mario Galaxy 3), and if we do, it'll be very late in the year or early 2015 at the absolute earliest (in my opinion).

Though that reminds me, speaking of Mario spinoffs, I wouldn't mind seeing another Paper Mario. I'd always loved the series, even if Sticker Star had some... questionable gameplay mechanics. It'd be interesting to see where they take the series next.

Smash Bros. is pretty much a given, we'll probably see it around the Fall or Winter of 2014. It'll probably be the big name game of the year.
    To be fair remakes let people who were too young or missed out on a game to play it. I know lots of people won't play certain games in a series due to them not being in HD for example (My self I play whatever on whatever system) Plus I know lots of fans of Pokemon saying that after XY all the other games just look ugly. Maybe it is the fact I don't care too much of graphics that this doesn't apply to me. With that said I would love a Hoenn thing for 3DS not so much on graphics as much as the style. I'd love to see Hoenn with 3D models and see how it changes the feel. Granted I also want Hoenn since i'm sick of getting fakes of the Gen 3 games online and just want legit Gen 3 games. But I do get what you are saying. Like Square remaking FF X. I don't see a change in the style of graphics myself and most ps2 games still look good to me at least.

Stuff I want:
    Gen VI Pokémon Ranger
    Gen VI Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
    Gen VI Pokémon Conquest
    Gen VI Poképark
    Sinnoh Remakes (es, I realize, way too soon, and if RS happens that first, but I'd love to have these much more than them)
    And I guess Hoenn Remakes too
    Mario Galaxy 3 (even though it's confirmed they won't make any more Galaxy Games)
    Smash 4
    Yoshi's New Island
    Yarn Yoshi
    Random Kirby thing
    Random Starfy thing
    Pokémon Battle Revolution/XD-Esque thing
    A new Starfox
    Rosalina in every single Game
    ANYTHING that's Megaman related that actually happens and isn't a Remake or whatever

I want way too much.

I just want the bank released XD

Let's see...if a New Zelda U title comes out, that would be amazing.

...I don't know, I haven't been as in to video games as I used to be. Guess it's b/c I'll go broke if I buy everything XD
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Much like everyone else, I would love to hear news about Zelda U - not a release, just news would suffice.

Hoenn remakes would also be nice, but I've got a feeling we're going to have to be waiting a little while yet for those.

Nothing else specific, just great new games, tyvm.
    EDIT: Oh, and a Wii U price drop.
    Last edited by Poetry; 3rd January 2014 at 4:34 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Smash Bros 4
    Kirby Game
    Good Pokemon Spinoff Game
    Hyrule Warriors

Honestly, I just want good games.

I also expect a Paper Roselina because Roselina has been playable in everything these days.

Well the new the Smash Bros for sure is on my list. Hyrule Warriors looks pretty sweet as well.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Hoenn remakes
    Zelda Wii U (that isn't Hyrule Warriors)
    Pokemon Colosseum/XD like game for Wii U
    Paper Mario Wii U
    Mario Baseball

probably forgetting stuff, these are what came to my mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I never said HG/SS were needed either, and I do agree that they weren't, although I can see why they did remake them given that Gens 1 and 2 were completely disconnected from Generation 3 onward. One could argue that the method of having Gen 3 communicate with Gen 6 is cumbersome (given it requires 4 games and 2 systems), but it IS possible, unlike communication between Generations 2 and 3, which is impossible six ways to Sunday. That said, every Pokemon in the game is already available, so it truly isn't needed; It's purely for nostalgia. I just get tired of remakes in general; I find it a bit discouraging that the gaming industry as the whole has started to overvalue remakes to the point where some people seem to complain if new games get released over remakes [s]remember the people who complained on January 8th when the XY announcement wasn't a Hoenn remake
    Yeah, I know you didn't say anything about HG/SS, but they're in exactly the same boat R/S remakes would be. Still, remakes aren't all bad, unless they continue the previous trend of remakes and make the game too similar to the original, which is why I'd almost prefer a sequel of sorts in the Hoenn region to avoid that problem (though there's a lot of speculation I don't want to start with that). Either way, if we get a remake of anything in the future, it's going to be Hoenn first. While there might not be huge reason to remake anything, there's even less reason to remake anything other than Hoenn. And I actually don't remember those complaints. Though I don't remember much about what happened a year ago.

Oh, but I do remember another game I'd like to see. Another Kirby Air Ride. Especially after Rosalina's reveal, I'd love to see another Kirby Air Ride happen. I always loved playing that game, and the simple controls made it loads of fun to play with others. I'm not sure how probable that would be, but I'd get a Wii U just for a game like that. also seconding Rosalina being playable in every game including this
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Much like everyone else, I would love to hear news about Zelda U - not a release, just news would suffice.

Hoenn remakes would also be nice, but I've got a feeling we're going to have to be waiting a little while yet for those.

Nothing else specific, just great new games, tyvm.
    EDIT: Oh, and a Wii U price drop.
    This. This right here. Please.

In response to everyone else; I have also seen a lot of Rosalina around. Maybe put her in another game? Nintendo? Are you making notes? XD LOL

I guess a 3rd gen remake would be nice, but I'm not going to scream and cry if it never happens.

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Still, remakes aren't all bad, unless they continue the previous trend of remakes and make the game too similar to the original, which is why I'd almost prefer a sequel of sorts in the Hoenn region to avoid that problem (though there's a lot of speculation I don't want to start with that).
    You do know that's what a remake is right. A remake is remaking the game, keeping it close to the original. Yeah you can add new thing's but a remake isn't a sequel. It's supposed to be a total remake of the same game.

If you want an example of a good remake Wind Waker HD. They kept that game near identical if only for the sail and the shortened triforce hunt. Key point is, it's identical to the original to a point where people who didn't play the game when it first came out can play it now and get roughy the same experience with the exception of some graphical updates. OoT is another good example, and I honestly can't think of anything that was really changed at all in that game.

As I said before I don't even know why people are talking about remakes at this point. It's far to soon. We haven't even gotten the third version or sequel or something, assuming were getting that in the first place. We've only had X and Y for 3 to 4 months now. Give it at least a year for us to settle into the new region.
    Last edited by Dragoniss; 3rd January 2014 at 9:11 PM.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    You do know that's what a remake is right. A remake is remaking the game, keeping it close to the original. Yeah you can add new thing's but a remake isn't a sequel. It's supposed to be a total remake of the same game.

If you want an example of a good remake Wind Waker HD. They kept that game near identical if only for the sail and the shortened triforce hunt. Key point is, it's identical to the original to a point where people who didn't play the game when it first came out can play it now and get roughy the same experience with the exception of some graphical updates.

As I said before I don't even know why people are talking about remakes at this point. It's far to soon. We haven't even gotten the third version or sequel or something, assuming were getting that in the first place. We've only had X and Y for 3 to 4 months now. Give it at least a year for us to settle into the new region.
    The definition of a remake doesn't mandate that it be identical or near identical to the original. Yes, it commonly happens that way, but trying to be different in some ways doesn't detract from it being a remake as long as it doesn't get too extreme. And when I talk about a sequel, I mean something totally different to a remake. I'm not saying a remake should be a sequel.

As for talking about it, this thread is for predictions of the year, so a remake could definitely fall into that category. It's just a simple prediction, after all, and we did get FR/LG before Emerald. And if we know anything about Game Freak, it's that patterns don't always follow through.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    The definition of a remake doesn't mandate that it be identical or near identical to the original. Yes, it commonly happens that way, but trying to be different in some ways doesn't detract from it being a remake as long as it doesn't get too extreme. And when I talk about a sequel, I mean something totally different to a remake. I'm not saying a remake should be a sequel.

As for talking about it, this thread is for predictions of the year, so a remake could definitely fall into that category. It's just a simple prediction, after all, and we did get FR/LG before Emerald. And if we know anything about Game Freak, it's that patterns don't always follow through.
    It might not mandate it but look at Nintendo, or even most video game's track record with remakes. They are 90 percent of the time the game remade totally, or just given updated graphics, bug fixes, and fixing some things people didn't like to begin with. Honestly if you expect much more than that and adding a few extra side thing's here and there then prepare for possible disappointment. If you want a non Nintendo example, Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Both were basic remakes but just added a few things here and there. The only real significant change was mission mode in SA1, [which no one liked], multiplayer in SA2 and green hill zone. The core gameplay and story wasn't touched minus graphics.

I also want to point out that sometimes a remake being to different from it's original will make people cry foul. It's a really fine line they have to walk between new and old content. The safest way is to make it the same game only...well better.

Yes this is a prediction thread and I can understand people want it, but don't get your hopes up. We haven't even had this generation for half a year. Sure game freak's pattern's are damn near non existent but at the same time you have to look at it logically. Logically it wouldn't be good for them to put out Hoenn remakes just yet, they should milk X and Y for as long as they can, then put out a new game. Even then who's to say they will do a Hoenn remake right away. We don't know. Point is it's to soon to tell and it's kinda to soon to be expecting it this year. We might be able to expect news really, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Dragoniss; 3rd January 2014 at 10:05 PM.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Really it would not be insane. XY are entering the time where games are called old. Saints row 4 came out in August but will be called old by next month. I see it like this XY-2013,Hoenn-2014,2015-No game-2016-Z and it will be big due to the 20th bday bash,2017-Skip and 2018-Gen 7.

But besides Hoenn FFCB 2 needs to happen for me! I would love to see it. The game was fun. While it had a few issues nothing a little twerking can't fix.

It might not mandate it but look at Nintendo, or even most video game's track record with remakes. They are 90 percent of the time the game remade totally, or just given updated graphics, bug fixes, and fixing some things people didn't like to begin with. Honestly if you expect much more than that and adding a few extra side thing's here and there then prepare for possible disappointment. If you want a non Nintendo example, Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Both were basic remakes but just added a few things here and there. The only real significant change was mission mode in SA1, [which no one liked], multiplayer in SA2 and green hill zone. The core gameplay and story wasn't touched minus graphics.

I also want to point out that sometimes a remake being to different from it's original will make people cry foul. It's a really fine line they have to walk between new and old content. The safest way is to make it the same game only...well better.

Yes this is a prediction thread and I can understand people want it, but don't get your hopes up. We haven't even had this generation for half a year. Sure game freak's pattern's are damn near non existent but at the same time you have to look at it logically. Logically it wouldn't be good for them to put out Hoenn remakes just yet, they should milk X and Y for as long as they can, then put out a new game. Even then who's to say they will do a Hoenn remake right away. We don't know. Point is it's to soon to tell and it's kinda to soon to be expecting it this year. We might be able to expect news really, but that's about it.
    I'm not saying it needs to be dramatically different though. It's just that if a remake is kept mostly identical to the original, then I'd rather get a new game. I'm also not trying to get my hopes or anyone else's too high either. Actually, I'm not even saying we need to get a Hoenn remake this year. I'm just saying that it's totally possible for it to happen, and I'd definitely be pleased should it happen.

Games that I am looking forward to:
    - The Legend of Zelda HD (Wii U)
    - Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS)

Games that I hope will be released:
    - Pokemon: Z Version or Pokemon: R/S Version (Remakes)
    - Star Fox (Wii U)

Predictions:
    Super Smash Bros. 4 release date announced as summer 2014; actually released fall/holiday 2014.
    New Pokemon game announced with a spring 2015 release (XY expansion: either sequels or Z; though I think GF will surprise us with whatever it is)
    New look at Zelda U at E3 (with trailer); no release date announced
    Release dates for all the Wii U games announced last January that haven't gotten any attention since.

Dreams:
    Zelda U has a fall/holiday 2014 release with a brand new art style that draws in a lot of new fans, great puzzle design, and a long playtime.
    Pokemon Red and Green/Blue remakes (it's never a bad time to release these again)
    Metriod Wii U game announced
    Wii U release for Kingdom Hearts 3 (not going to happen)
    Huge Virtual Console expansion for Wii U including GBA and N64 games.
    2014 release date for Monolith Soft's X
    3D Kirby Platformer (it has to happen eventually, right?)
    New Kid Icarus (preferably more like Uprising than the originals)

I'm really excited for Mario Kart 8 and SSB, and I think I'll enjoy Donkey Kong: TF if I ever get it, but I would really like some more titles to fill out the year. Hopefully Nintendo will back off on Mario platformers for a while so we can get something really spectacular out of the next 3D Mario (like 3D World, which had everything going for it other than its horrendous name).
    I'm also looking forward to the expansion of Nintendo's online services and connectivity between 3DS and Wii U.
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

I wonder if a Nintendo Direct is possible this month. I know we had one last month so not too sure but one at the start of the year like last year would be cool. Like a big one to hold us till E3. That would work since it is a 5/6 month gap so two big shows a year would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    I wonder if a Nintendo Direct is possible this month. I know we had one last month so not too sure but one at the start of the year like last year would be cool. Like a big one to hold us till E3. That would work since it is a 5/6 month gap so two big shows a year would be pretty cool.
    Directs happen monthly anyway, but I would like it if the January Direct turns into a time for big announcements. At least then we have something large to look forward to in between E3 conferences where we know that we'll get something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

And why do you necessarily think remakes can't come first? I can think of at least one scenario where it would be smarter to release remakes first, which is if they're making another new region (as the backpacker in XY seems to hint towards) this gen. In that case it would be quicker and easier to remake RS, the bulk of the work there is in redoing the graphics, everything else is already done for them (unless they want a sequel, and they have to put more thought into things like region design, Pokedex, and storyline). Really, it depends on what their plans are.

Game Freak =/= Nintendo.

I think it would probably be smarter to split them up, that way the next Kalos game would feel more fresh and would eat into XY sales less. And again, if the next game takes longer to work on, it's smarter to release that later.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    Pokemon Red and Green/Blue remakes (it's never a bad time to release these again)
    After being remade once and having its region remade an additional two times, I think people are getting tired of Kanto. The only way I can see them making another Kanto game in the near future is if it's a sequel, and they make drastic changes to the region design, Kanto Dex, and the storyline. And with the potential to make so many other games at this point, I'm guessing it won't happen this gen.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    3D Kirby Platformer (it has to happen eventually, right?)
    Maybe, but Kirby games seem to take a while to develop for some reason, so we might not see it for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Directs happen monthly anyway, but I would like it if the January Direct turns into a time for big announcements. At least then we have something large to look forward to in between E3 conferences where we know that we'll get something good.
    Not only that, but it seems like it's always the same time as well, usually the second Tuesday or Wednesday of the month. So this month it'll probably be on the 14th or 15th. And yes, I'd like to see some interesting new announcements.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Here is where you can discuss what Games you will hope to see made/announced in 2014, however [un]realistic they may be!

My personal wants are:
    -Golden Sun 4
    -Super Mario Galaxy 3
    -New IP
    -Starfox U
    -Metroid U/Metroid Prime 4
    -Hoenn Remakes
    -GBA and GameCube games on the eShop
    -Pokémon Coliseum 2 for Wii U
    -X
    -Yarn Yoshi
    -Kirby Air Ride 2

PS Mods, if this is the wrong place to post this, please close it at will!

Discuss!

Edits in Bold
    I'm with ya' on Golden Sun 4. Who knows? Maybe we'll get to actually FIGHT Alex this time!

It'd also be interesting to see a new Starfox game involving the next-gen Starfox team mentioned in the canonical ending to Starfox Command:

Spoiler:- hide:

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    This. This right here. Please.
    Woah woah woah woah there. First, how are the current deals not cheap enough? Nintendo was already taking a loss at $350
    1. $300 Nintendo Land bundle- probably the worst one to buy financial wise since Nintendo Land is so cheap
    2. $300 New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi Bros U bundle. You get $90 worth of games. Therefore one could say the system is $210. Depending on your opinion on Mario(which come on, who can hate a good Mario game?), this would be a dealbreaker.
    3. $300 for the LoZ WW bundle. The system with a special GamePad design and a $50 game

As for my hopes, I'm hoping for at least news regarding the next Pokémon game, which ideally would be 2015 for me. Mario Kart 8, DKC, and Super Smash Bros has me excited and honestly I still have to get Sonic Lost World, The Wonderful 101, and Pikmin 3...so I'm absolutely positive there won't be a drought like early 2013. Even then there's still sooooo many games to buy already. I'm also looking forward to Yoshi's New Island and Yarn Yoshi

We'll probably get a ton of news for upcoming release dates soon

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Here are the games/apps that i'm hoping get released this year.
    -Mario kart 8
    -Super mario galaxy 3
    -Hoenn remakes
    -Smash bros 4
    I'm also still waiting for them to release Flipnote studio 3D in america. Because honestly, This is starting to get effing rediculous.
    PIK...A....AA.....AAAACHU!!! Oops. Sorry I sneezed.

TBH if we get a U Pokemon game I really hope it is is like the RPG Gamecube games over Battle Rev. Hard to believe but XG GoD came out 9 years ago!

Games I see for the foreseeable future:
    Gen 6 PMD game
    A new Zelda game for the WU
    Pokemon Z

Long shots:
    Pokemon Ruby/Saphire remakes
    more mega forms for said remakes
    More new pokemon for Pokemon Z

Very long shots:
    Red/Blue remakes
    Downloadable regions for X/Y ( Kanto,jothto,Hoeonn etc...)
    My Tumbur http://spiritdreamdoodlesandlifeblog.tumblr.com/

Gone til the 15 of December see you then!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast