Page 1 of 343 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

Default X & Y Recent Happenings Thread

If you already own the games, go ahead and post anything that you have done in them here. You can post about beating a gym leader, encountering a legendary, losing a battle, etc.

Rules:
    - You may only post 1 time every 20 posts. This is to prevent people from trying to increase their post count, and also to help you provide content to your post. Just don't spam now!
    - Do not ask questions here. This is not the help thread, which you can find here: X & Y Help Thread
    - Each post must contain 3 sentences or more. Don’t just post “Caught Fletchling.” This is obviously you either being lazy or trying to increase your post count.

Each of these rules will be enforced. If you break a rule, expect your post to be deleted, as well as expect an infraction waiting for you in your PM box.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

My copy arrived about an hour ago and I'm loving it so far. Started with Fennekin which I've named Albus, and he's level 11. The number of Pokemon in this game is insane, I'm only in Santalune Forest and I've already caught 11 Pokemon!

Team at the moment is:

Albus/Fennekin lvl 11
    - Scratch
    - Tail Whip
    - Ember
    - Howl

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Got my copy yesterday. Currently leveling to face the second gym. Mostly under level due to level jump so so grinding.
    Team at moment
    Braixen
    Ivysaur
    Pancham
    Eevee
    Tyrunt
    Pidgeotto.
    Shinys I own

X 3DS Friend Code - 1263-6687-4320. Please feel free to add, though please PM me if you do so I can return the favor!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_wolf View Post
    Got my copy yesterday. Currently leveling to face the second gym. Mostly under level due to level jump so so grinding.
    Team at moment
    Braixen
    Ivysaur
    Pancham
    Eevee
    Tyrunt
    Pidgeotto.
    Second gym and you already have Tyrunt and Eevee. Sweet! These games are definitely going to be fun.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

I'm hoping Serebii sees this: I can confirm that pokemon found in Horde Battles can have their hidden ability. I found a Scraggy with it's hidden ability of Intimidate.

It's a bit of a pain though, I couldn't tell which of the 5 Scraggy had the ability so I had to guess which one to catch, unfortunately I caught the wrong one.

I can't provide proof because I fainted the pokemon, but if Serebii goes to Route 5 and uses Honey/Sweet Scent he can confirm it himself.
    Last edited by Razmos; 10th October 2013 at 6:31 PM.

Game came early :3
    At route 3 my team is at five at the moment:

Chespin
    Pikachu
    Panpour
    Caterpie
    Fletchling (funny thing, was going to nickname him FlameWing but accidently hit the enter after W -_- )
    3DS Friend Code (PM me if you add): 2019-9647-2767
    X IGN: Finn
    Friend Safari: BUG - Volbeat, Ledyba, Vivillon

Looking for HOUNDOOMINITE.

Spoiler:- Shiny Card:

Pokemon X
    Got the game early courtesy of Shopto and have barely put it down since yesterday! I still only have 1 badge and have racked up 7 hours, which goes to show just how much content there is in this game. My only complaint so far is the ridiculously long dialogue when picking your starter, since it makes resetting for a decent nature a nightmare. Team so far:

Lester the Greninja ♂ [25]
    Brandi the Litleo ♀ [24]
    Ziggy the Furfrou ♂ [19]
    Dominique the Espurr ♀ [19]

Why is the Help Thread closed? o.o
    I got 3 badges and I have Charizard, Chesnaught and Pikachu. Also I have an Eevee. And since I can´t post in the question Thread:
    Where is the move relearner? I need Charm for my Eevee ._.

Quote Originally Posted by HRCFr34k View Post
    Why is the Help Thread closed? o.o
    I got 3 badges and I have Charizard, Chesnaught and Pikachu. Also I have an Eevee. And since I can´t post in the question Thread:
    Where is the move relearner? I need Charm for my Eevee ._.
    Oops. I'm sorry. I can't believe I missed that. The thread is now open.

There is currently no mention of where the Move Relearner is, but there is a Move tutor on Route 21.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Got my Pokemon Y about an hour ago ^^ Started with Fennekin, taking my time to enjoy the beautiful graphics and stunning music ^o^)
    Omega Ruby

how are people getting like Ivysaurs and Charizards so early me want one :P
    Friend code 3DS - 4398-9159-2758
    Friend Safari - Fairy - Togepi Floette and Swirlix.
    0361-8270-0767 -- Tommy B
    Friend Safari: Bug --- Ledyba, Beautifly, and Vivillion
    A Selection of my Shiny Pokemon:

Only thing I didn't like about the brown-ish hair female starter look was the mini ponytail at the end of her hair.
    Now I just found a barber in the biggest city and turns out, you can select between 4 hairstyles, 5 hair colors and "bangs" or "parted" for the front.

As there's no trade forum yet I'll have to post here. I've just received Amaura but have't saved in agessss and it turned out to be a boy, when I wanted a girl. Is there anyone who is at a stage where they can get an Amaura, or if they already have, a female one mine can breed with? I have a fennekin egg to offer, as well as keeping the original Amaura once I've bred. So a 2 for 1 deal if anyone can help! Thanks and Pm me for details.
    Last edited by Satoshi 91; 11th October 2013 at 2:38 PM.
    PSA: Any board where I have asked for a perfect IV Ditto or friend safari Ditto, the trade has been done so all offers expired******

Ruby
    Diamond
    Platinum
    HeartGold
    Black
    Black 2

3DS FC: 3222 5573 2154

So I'm just about to do the second gym, really enjoying the game so far. My team at the moment is:

Albus/Braixen lvl 27
    - Scratch
    - Flame Charge
    - Ember
    - Psybeam

Navi/Floette lvl 27
    - Tackle
    - Magical Leaf
    - Fairy Wing
    - Nature Power

Maraud/Pancham lvl 26
    - Comet Punch
    - Karate Chop
    - Arm Thrust
    - Slash

Ravage/Tyrunt lvl 26
    - Ancient Power
    - Stealth Rock
    - Bite
    - Charm

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

My Kadabra has a weird circle thingy in my team pokemon overview screen in the bottom right corner of it's status box.
    It looks like a TM would look in past games, but it isn't holding any item.
    Anyone got an idea what that might be?

edit: Ah, perhaps it indicates that it knows a field move.

Currently resetting for a decent IV'd Adamant/Jolly Event Torchic xD A Speed Boost Mega Blaziken seems too good to have as "Very Finicky" and Docile in nature =P RNG is not liking me at the moment though...getting trolled by a LOT of "Special Attacker" natures and IVs -.- Also trying to breed my Braixen so I can chuck Fennekins all over the GTS, cos that seems to be all people want for the later in the game 'mons =P Fun fun fun!

So I've finished the story. It definitely felt longer, but that can be thanked to the things to do before every gym. I especially liked the gap between the first and second gyms. Overall a great story, although I wish the Team Flare Scientists were utilized more in the story. I mean, some of them you saw once and they were done.

Just gone and caught myself a Zygarde. I got all excited to get there and forgot I didn't have many Pokéballs. Luckily, with a bit of determination, I got it in the end! It's HUGE!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

I just caught 5 Honeedges hoping for at least a non-hindering nature.
    All 5 of them had Bold nature.
    Then I noticed my Kadabra has Synchro.../facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplashed View Post
    Currently resetting for a decent IV'd Adamant/Jolly Event Torchic xD A Speed Boost Mega Blaziken seems too good to have as "Very Finicky" and Docile in nature =P RNG is not liking me at the moment though...getting trolled by a LOT of "Special Attacker" natures and IVs -.- Also trying to breed my Braixen so I can chuck Fennekins all over the GTS, cos that seems to be all people want for the later in the game 'mons =P Fun fun fun!
    How can you get the torchic already? What Timezone are you in? The Event officially starts at 1 a.m. on saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    How can you get the torchic already? What Timezone are you in? The Event officially starts at 1 a.m. on saturday.
    Serebii has it up as available now on the front page of the site =) I'm in the UK so it's only Friday afternoon here. I'd try downloading it now if I were you too, just to see if you can get it too =P What's the worst that can happen eh?

What's the characteristic that means it has good IVs in Attack? I want to SR for an adamant one too, but since it's low level the IV's won't be as accurate as one at level 50.

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    What's the characteristic that means it has good IVs in Attack? I want to SR for an adamant one too, but since it's low level the IV's won't be as accurate as one at level 50.
    "Likes to thrash about" is the Attack one IIRC, which I have only had on 1 Torchic so far that was Modest...*sigh* Good luck in your resetting! =D

"Likes to thrash about" is the Attack one IIRC, which I have only had on 1 Torchic so far that was Modest...*sigh* Good luck in your resetting! =D
    Thank you! Hopefully mine won't take too long lol. That's quiet unlucky lol. Hope you get a good one soon :3

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

Just picked up my game and choose Froakie! Never really picked the water one on my first playthrough, so will be interesting

Just Caught A Shiny Roselia <3

Team
    Riolu lv19
    Charmeleon Lv22
    Frogadier Lv23
    Pikachu Lv19
    Last edited by overlimit22; 11th October 2013 at 6:10 PM.

Now also soft resetting for a decent torchic.
    But I don't think I'm even going to use it during playthrough.

Thank you! Hopefully mine won't take too long lol. That's quiet unlucky lol. Hope you get a good one soon :3

Characteristics don't guarantee anything.
    You could have "likes to thrash about" and have an attack IV of 1, when everything else would be 0.
    Yes, it is the only one that can be 31. But it can also be 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31.
    Just use the IV Calc.
    If you have an adamant one that likes to thrash about and it has 20 att; = 26 IV, if it has 22 = 31 IV.

Page 1 of 343 123451151101 ... LastLast