Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Trade Stories

Default Wonder Trade Stories

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried the Wonder Trade yet, and if so, if anyone had gotten any luck at it.

You know how this works. You log onto WiFi, offering a Pokémon (usually one you don't want) and it trades it for someone else making a Wonder Trade. You hope for something good, but the problem is, most of the time, the guy you trade with is also doing it to get rid of something he doesn't want.

Since I started playing it on the 27th, I've gotten a few Mons I didn't want (like a Woobat with Klutz) and figured, eh, why not? Better than throwing it away. Like I expected, I get some junk, like a Scatterbug and a Sableye with Stall, but I actually have gotten a few useful ones. Some guy gave my a pretty decent Mightyena (unfortunately, I can't use it until I get the third badge) one guy gave me a Larvesta...

Then came the BIG surprise, which restored my faith in the humanity of video gamers. What would you say if someone gave away a Froakie? Not just any Froakie, this was a female Froakie, one with its hidden ability no less! I at first thought this was some sharked Pokémon that would crash my game if I used it, but t was genuine.

Someone told me about a group of players who were organizing "Wonder Christmas" and breeding these Mons for some reason. Well, seems like I found one.

Anyway, if anyone wants a Froakie with its Hidden Ability, just give me your Friend Code... As soon as I figure out how to add those, I can trade you one.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

- Albert Einstein

I reply with caution.

I recently got a Charmander while trading a Solrock. I felt so bad for giving the player such a lousy Pokemon in return (even though I already had a Charmeleon) that I started spamming them with O-Power. The Charmeleon also came from Wonder Trade.
    And I'd like to have a HA Froakie if that's okay. I know how to register.

Actually, starters w/hidden abilities are really common now. I get them all the time, and I wonder trade them out in return.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I got a mudkip from a wondertrade a few days ago, bred enough to get the rest of the starters from every generation, and now I'm using cyndaquils with egg moves to fill out my kalos dex through the GTS, and passing the rest out to people over wonder trade.
    Current shiny hunt:
    Whatever I come across in Y.

Current endgame goal: Have all possible #001-#718 boxed in shiny form with legit pokemon
    Progress: 56 out of 718 shinies

FC: 3196-4076-7050
    Flying: Pidgey, Tranquill, and Fletchinder.

I was trying to Masuda Method hatch a shiny Charmander, but I paused it after one box full. I started trading all my egg move (the move is Outrage) Charmanders off through Wonder Trade and I got one of my permanent team members in return one time - a HA Dratini with perfect IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense. I almost felt bad for trading an ordinary Charmander, but at least it knew Outrage.
    Pokémon Y team:
    (none nicknamed)
    Pokémon Black 2 team (what I want it to be): Kane, Sting, Slim, ? ? ????

Shinies:

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8553-2017
    If you add my Friend Code, please PM me so I can add you back.
    My Friend Safari is Psychic type with Drowzee, Sigilyph, and Gothorita.

Battle Videos:
    CPZW-WWWW-WWW5-WV9K - Battle Spot - Breloom sweeps (half) of a Sand Team - Win
    YQXW-WWWW-WWW5-WVEY - Battle Maison - vs Nita - Win (nearly a loss!)
    FYBW-WWWW-WWW5-WVFZ - Battle Maison - vs Evelyn - Win
    98UW-WWWW-WWW5-WVGM - Battle Maison - vs Dana - Win
    F7LW-WWWW-WWW5-WVHJ - Battle Maison - vs Morgan - Win

I wonder trade out most of my IV bred mons that aren't perfect. Usually with egg moves, beneficial natures, hidden abilities, etc. I actually have about 15 boxes of wonder traded mons that I keep just to increase my lottery odds in Lumiose. Every day I score at least a PP Up if not a PP Max. Also wonder trading any mons I breed now that aren't natively in Kalos (post-bank only). Gonna be doing some Phiones too. I really don't care what I get back because the GTS is more efficient for filling out the dex and I can just breed anything else I need. It was fun at first when filling out the dex for the first playthrough, but now it's just a way to spread good stuff around. Also helps me rack up PokeMiles easily to trade in for Rare Candies and Heart Scales.
    X/Y Friend Code: 4270 1326 1462
    Electric Safari with Stunfisk, Emolga, and Manetric.

Check out my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterHodor

I recently got a jolly, rough skin Gible with outrage, iron head, and PERFECT IVS. I almost released it because I had been giving away adament Gibles I didn't need. I am SO glad I took it to the iv checker first...
    Last edited by NotABeginningTrainer; 2nd January 2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: grammar mistake
    I really should get a real sig...

Someone once gave me a Scatterbug that seemed to be an IV breeding reject; it had an Egg move (Stun Spore, which Vivillon gets via MR) and an exclusive level-up move (Bug Bite, which is learned at Lv. 15), was at Lv. 1, had a Timid nature, had Compound Eyes, came in a Premier Ball, and had flawless IVs in HP, Attack, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed (yet, curiously, was only marked for SpD - even though the characteristic was Alert to sounds).

I have to wonder what kind of person would ever want to breed something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

A few month's back when the game first came out I was trading a bunch of higher level Pokemon that you catch later in game, and a bunch of Fennekin I was breeding at the time. Just cause it was the first week the game had been out and I knew at that point anyone would have liked a Fennekin if they didn't choose it.

I got a Shiny Mienfoo is return for one. I've since traded it to another person on here but the moment I seen it was shiny I damn near flipped the soup in my lap that I was eating.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    Actually, starters w/hidden abilities are really common now. I get them all the time, and I wonder trade them out in return.
    Which ones have you got?
    She turns around like a tornado!
    _
    Shiny Gourgeist hatch count= 8!
    Small=1, Average=2=, Large=0, Super Size=5
    I love my Ghost Pumpkins! :}

I've gotten two Gible so far. (I suppose players are trying to breed the perfect one and are giving away hatchlings they don't want.) One is Jolly, but otherwise, they aren't so great.

I also got a Vulpix, something you can only get in the Friend Safari. Not bad.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

- Albert Einstein

I got a Mudkip from Wonder Trade, which I will breed and throw some around. Other than that, nothing too special; some foreign pokemon I can use for future MM, and a Flabebe named "dumb but" .__.

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

I've gotten all sorts of things over wonder trade. Probably the weirdest thing I've gotten was a level 1 Trevenant. That, and a Flabebe nicknamed "Lil'ghetto". Wonder traded a Caterpie and got a Caterpie in return at some point. Also, I felt the need to catch a ton of Pumpkaboo and wonder trade them to people.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I've gotten a lot of Flabebe too. I think some people want to collect every color for some reason. (Is there even a difference?)

- Albert Einstein

I usually get Froakies. I once got a Sneasle named Boooooooob and a Jynx named "Your mom"
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

I got a shiny relicanth and a darumaka today. I usually only trade out stuff that has at least superior potential unless it has some good eggmoves, when I'm cleaning out my boxes.

3DS FC: 3394-3551-2987

Wonder Trade is the reason why I have my shiny Gardevoir and Ponyta.

I decided to participate in the Christmas Wonder Trade event, with the original intent of hatching Scatterbugs and evolving them into Modern Pattern Vivillons. However, many of them had subpar stats, and seeing the wonderful gifts other people were giving, I started to breed Modest HA Vulpixes instead. I think I ended up trading about 27 Vivillons and 66 Vulpixes on Christmas, and three of the Pokemon I got in return were a Japanese Modest 4IV Trace Ralts with 4 egg moves, a Japanese 5IV Timid HA Eevee, also with 4 egg moves, and a 4IV Jolly Ponyta with Morning Sun and Hypnosis. From them, I was able to MM Ralts and Ponyta, both coming in at under 100 eggs.

So to whomever originally sent out those three Pokemon, you probably won't ever see this, but thank you so much. You've made me a very happy person this holiday season.
    Last edited by Crimson Penguin; 3rd January 2014 at 12:48 AM.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Yeah, for the whole "Christmas Wonder Trading" thing, I traded out a Shiny Panpour I didn't want. I ended up trading with some guy in England, and got a perfect IV Adamant Mawile in return (which makes me think they, too, were participating in the community event). Whoever they are, if they're a member of the forums, this is for them: Enjoy the Panpour!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigurtz View Post
    Which ones have you got?
    HA or just in general?

I've got a friend who got a Xerneas on WT 0_o I wish I could get some of those XD but I'm not gonna complain. There are some generous people out there.

I also got a Klefki named Boo-Boo-Keys, : D I couldn't help but laugh
    Last edited by Cometstarlight; 3rd January 2014 at 2:48 AM.

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I have Wonder Traded and got back 5 pokemon that I sent out. Three I got back had nice egg moves. Just wish ppl would stop flooding with zigzagoon.
    FC 485787461256
    FC 3ds 111804780154
    Shiny Pokemon I have

Quote Originally Posted by chase21 View Post
    I have Wonder Traded and got back 5 pokemon that I sent out. Three I got back had nice egg moves. Just wish ppl would stop flooding with zigzagoon.
    There are some days I get little more than Caterpie, Weedle, Furfrou and such : /

Just now I traded a Bunnelby, and got another Bunnelby... ._.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

The luckiest luck i've ever had on WT is getting a HA Dratini with Extreme speed!
    I also got a Houndour with Pkrs.

Traded a Charmander only to get another Charmander. I mean the odds are 1/718 XD!

But on WT I have got Charmander,Totodile and Yanma. not bad at all.

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast