Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Trade Stories

Out of all Pokemon, Eevee is the most COMMON thing I ever gotten. Not to mention sometimes I WT Torchic and get back Torchic or Charmander get back Charmander. W.T.F. ?! o_O nya~

Ok, bit of a story. I was starting to get my first IV bred pokemon of my own. I was breeding for a gastly. Yet I began having trouble after I got a single 3 IV female. So I stopped the project after about 2 boxes full. Then, about a week later, during the beginning of December, I was doing a few wonder trades and ended up getting a 4IV gastly from someone. I was REALLY happy. I immediantly went back to breeding after that, and now I have a 5IV Gengar on my team. Thank you whoever gave me that gastly.
    Together we ride!
    "You can make anything you want go your way in life. You just have to know how to work the RNG."

Some of the best things I've gotten are a Shiny Gyarados with 31IVs in ATK, a flawless Japanese Squirtle with Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse, a Japanese Ditto with 2 perfect IVs and Pokérus, a Tyrunt with all three elemental fangs, and a DW Chimchar with Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, and Fake Out.

Wonder Trade also helped a lot with filling my Pokédex with version exclusives, rarer Pokémon, etc. What I usually did was IV breed and send them off. Don't worry guys, I didn't send any of the Magikarp I bred :P

I also like to wait until night time in my area to Wonder Trade. That way it's around the afternoon in Japan and I can get some interesting things to MM with possibly good IVs

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    For whatever reason, I keep getting a lot of Charmander over wonder trade. I have gotten none of the other Kanto starters. This happening to anyone else?
    yes, my evil plan is working!!!
    I've traded 600 of them so far :P
    I was breeding for a shiny one xD
    Signature edited due to exceeding font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    MF FC: 4227-2057-1261

National pokedex challenge completed!
    National pokedex completed 3 days before New Year.
    Thnx to all who helped me

I got a Chimchar with Iron Fist on the 27th, sometime after I found out about the Bank delay.

That seriously brightened up my evening. Didn't even care about the Careful Nature xD So I bred a couple more and sent them off on that same day in good spirits.

Still playing with the original. He's my go-to Infernape now :3
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

I wonder traded four boxes of Honedge on Christmas week.

58% crap, 42% goodies

Despite accruing more PokeMiles, I don't think I wanna do that again.

I got a 5iv electrike with egg moves yesterday =D also two foreign dittos, johto starters and a treecko! I've been giving out 4iv drilburs named Applause lol

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    For whatever reason, I keep getting a lot of Charmander over wonder trade. I have gotten none of the other Kanto starters. This happening to anyone else?
    I would assume that Charmander is the most popular choice when Prof. Sycamore gives you one of the starters, players are Save Scumming to get a female from him, and then trying to breed it later, giving away the IV rejects. That probably accounts for the abundance of them on Wonder Trade.

Let's face it, folks, Wonder Trade is a heck of a lot better than just throwing them away, because at least there's a chance you'll get something for your troubles.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

- Albert Einstein

I don't think I have ever gotten ANYTHING good from the wonder-trade, I have traded hidden abilities, lvl 50-60s and loads of starters including hoenn ones. And what do I get back? Dodgy named pidgies, Eevees, AND THE BLASTED 3 ELEMENTAL MONKIES! (I hate that they are so common in this game when I spent about an hour getting them in Black and white through shaking grass) I sometimes get decent Mawiles with good moves, but rarely. But hey, it gives me Pokemiles I can use to buy rare candies.
    Has left Serebii forums.

I got a 4IV Female Protean Froakie, which made me really happy since I'd been looking for one. Got a 5iv Pinsir with egg moves, 4iv adamant Charmander with Flare Blitz/Dragon Dance and a 5iv Adamant Bisharp with Defiant.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    I don't think I have ever gotten ANYTHING good from the wonder-trade, I have traded hidden abilities, lvl 50-60s and loads of starters including hoenn ones. And what do I get back? Dodgy named pidgies, Eevees, AND THE BLASTED 3 ELEMENTAL MONKIES! (I hate that they are so common in this game when I spent about an hour getting them in Black and white through shaking grass) I sometimes get decent Mawiles with good moves, but rarely. But hey, it gives me Pokemiles I can use to buy rare candies.
    I know, some previously rare Mons are common now, while other Mons that you couldn't swing a stick without hitting in some places are rare. Take Woobat, for example. It took me forever to find one that didn't have Klutz, seeing as I had to depend on the Cave Shadow things.

Then there's Magikarp. This may well be the only game where a Gyarados is easier to find in the wild than a Magikarp. (Really! Magikarp are only found in certain bodies of water and you can only fish for them with the Old Rod, but once you upgrade to the Good Rod, Gyarados are everywhere. It gets annoying.) Maybe the reason is, even rookie players know what you can do with the "seemingly powerless" Magikarp at this point, and want to find one as soon as possible. (Especially since a Gyarados can murder your opponent in a Sky Battle.)
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

- Albert Einstein

I've gotten quite a few nice things from Wonder Trading. But then, I do it a LOT. Some of my favourites have been a 5IV Bulletproof Chespin, Solar Power Charmander (and I agree, charmander is by far the most common starter to get over wonder trade, followed by Froakie. Chespin and Fennikin are next and I never see Squirtle or Bulbasaur. Though I did get a Mudkip once.), Protean Froakie, a bunch of random high IV'd/eggmove Pokemon (people's breeding leftovers, like that 4IV Larvitar with Pursuit, Dragon Dance, and Outrage, and the Tyrunt with 3 Fang moves), Pokerus Pokemon, and some Pokemon with really good nicknames (PottedUnknown the Sigilyph and Wings the Pidgeotto stand out, mostly because the first one made me laugh and the second reminded me of a Pidgeotto I had on LeafGreen).

Of course, I've gotten some crappy things too. People who nickname Pokemon just to mess around with the censor, for instance. And all those friggin Bunnelbys. I. Hate. Bunnelby. It is by far the most common thing I get, followed closely by Pidgey. I don't mind getting Scatterbugs, even though it's exactly the same thing going on (someone at the beginning of the game just trying to get a bunch of trade fodder), because at least you can evolve the Scatterbug and possibly add to your Vivillon pattern collection. But Bunnelby... ugly AND useless. Bleh. (no offense to Bunnelby fans, I just personally don't like them at all.)

All in all, I LOVE Wonder Trade. I've never gotten anything amazing from it (I know someone who actually got a shiny over it. Lucky so-and-so), but I have gotten lots of really good, useful Pokemon from it. And it's great that I'm able to share my breeding leftovers with people rather than throw away a bunch of potentially useful Pokemon that just don't quite fit what I want them to do.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Lol. You know, I got a Bunnelby early on, started using it for its Pickup ability, and Cut, and Rock Smash, and... I dunno, I've kinda gotten attached to it by now...

- Albert Einstein

I just got a 5IV Modest Torrent Squirtle with Dragon Pulse and Yawn on Wonder Trade.

I feel like I cheated the person out of it as I was Wonder Trading ordinary Chikoritas and although this was for a female one I still feel like it was an unfair trade.

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

on the 27th, I traded away some crap pokémon which I got for trading a box full of 5IV'd 4Egg Moves Timid Gastly's With Pokerus and rare candies, so for the crap pokémon I actually got a 6IV'd Jolly Terrakion. Which I put up for trade and got a Jirachi back for it.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Not really a perfect iv breeder kind of guy but like to be generous with my wonder trades and not just give away crap mons. Biggest score was definitely the random salamence I got
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

My little brother wonder traded my regigigas when I was showing him how wonder trade worked, I got a Chespin back.
    Catch a wyrmeon and it will grant your wildest dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Man, some of these Mega Evolutions are impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
    I would assume that Charmander is the most popular choice when Prof. Sycamore gives you one of the starters, players are Save Scumming to get a female from him, and then trying to breed it later, giving away the IV rejects. That probably accounts for the abundance of them on Wonder Trade.
    I suppose so. Maybe I should start breeding my Venusaur and get some more Bulbasaur out there.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I got a Spanish Kirlia with Pokerus. I then started infected 'mons I didn't care about to trade them off for other people.

I also got a Phione with a Japanese nickname.
    Last edited by Missingno.Fan; 4th January 2014 at 8:32 PM.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I hope no one posts the opposite of my story...

I was Wonder Trading at a friends house as they both played Lego Marvel on the WiiU.
    I kept on getting Froakies, and it started to piss me off, so I started saying, "A Froakie, thats what everyone wants for Christmas," everytime I got one.
    Well, I traded the Froakies away and it got to the point where I was just subcounsciouly pressing A.
    And then I noticed that I was searching for a partner... with a Shiny Onix as my trade.
    I turned my 3DS off as fast as I could, and thankfully, it did not trade.

So to whoever lost an Onix, thank you, thats what everyone wants for Christmas.
    Gonna Catch Them All, Someday.
    Friend Code: 1907 - 8752 - 5004
    Fighting Friend Safari with Pancham, Meditite and Riolu

Looking for 5V/6V Heatran with a Timid nature! No need for perfect IVs in Attack!

[Getting pretty good at making 5V and 6V pokemon, if you need help or wanna learn how, just ask. Always here to help a fellow trainer.]

So far I've managed to get a shiny skrelp and almost every starter off of wonder trade (Just Turtwig and Piplup to go). I've also obtained Phione.

I'd feel bad that I keep getting these starters and even phione if it weren't for the fact I've obtained multiples of almost all of them.
    F C - 2938 6238 5062.

Ghost Type Safari with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drimblim.

Shiny Pokemon X ---Talonflame (RE), Dragalge (WT), Clauncher (CF), Venusaur (FS),
    Charizard (FS), Slugma (FS), Braixen (FS), Yanma (Horde)

Shiny Pokemon Platinum --- Garchomp (RE)

I just got a Latios with WORST IV spread ever.
    Besides 31 IV spa, all other IV scores are godawful(according to judge) xD
    Signature edited due to exceeding font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    MF FC: 4227-2057-1261

National pokedex challenge completed!
    National pokedex completed 3 days before New Year.
    Thnx to all who helped me

I hav nearly 2 boxes full of 4-6 iv pokemon and a good 3/4 of it are from wonder trade. Some noteworthy ones were 4iv totodile, gastly, female protean froakie, 4 honedges, and a female snivy

I don't know if it's just me ,but ever since poke bank came out whenever I get jap players I get pikas and early pokes u get in the game. The good stuff comes from outside them. Anyway I got another pikachu and though oh great another one, but when I checked it the pika was carrying a ultra ball. I don't know who did it but it made that seemly bad trade awesome.
    Signature Strike 1.
    The image is taller than 400 pixels, so it has been removed.

3ds Fc 0962-9574-3533 IGN Luke

Last night I was wonder trading away my leftover Larvesta's from an MM hunt and I got 3 Honedge's in 4 trades and every time I got one the person mentioned having a shiny or shinies and I'd get a Honedge. Funny coincidence :P

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast