Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Forums Suggestions Thread

Can we have Kalos minisprites/smilies soon, please?

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Can you put the pokemons name in the description to anounce which pokemon you have a shiny picture of???
    Rayquaza best pokemon ever!!!
    Pikachu running from family

Could there be an item trading thread where you can trade things like Master Balls, Mega Stones, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    Could there be an item trading thread where you can trade things like Master Balls, Mega Stones, etc.?
    There already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Oh derp. I guess I didn't look hard enough. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Can we have Kalos minisprites/smilies soon, please?
    I agree with this. When you want a small, quick, representation of a Pokémon, it would be nice to have an easily insertable picture.
    Also, maybe update the ones for previous gens? To match their new minisprites, of course.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

I tried starting a shop. I read the rules and think I did what is necessary to have been given one. Now, I don't know if there is a notification given when your thread isn't allowed, but I haven't received anything. I find this a problem because if I did do a good job, I could just say, Well, they havent gotten around to mine. If my thread was defective to a cretain rule(s), then I feel I should at least get a message stating "Your thread was not approved due to not having completed all rules". It can be a Copy/Paste type message, no need for specifics, but at least something so one isn't stuck wondering "Did I mess up, or is it just taking a while?"
    X FC: 1006 0385 8652 IGN: Mr.Brightside

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    How about new user title bars for the new gym leaders in BW2 and XY?
    And making the Pokédex link that's under the forums banner link to the xy pokédex instead of the bw one.
    And how about some responses from mods in that "forums suggestions thread." oh wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyMcSpendMoneyLol View Post
    i am new here
    any fun things to do on this website? thnx
    i am leaving too boring omg im going back to snapchat

Quote Originally Posted by ashcrimson777 View Post
    I tried starting a shop. I read the rules and think I did what is necessary to have been given one. Now, I don't know if there is a notification given when your thread isn't allowed, but I haven't received anything. I find this a problem because if I did do a good job, I could just say, Well, they havent gotten around to mine. If my thread was defective to a cretain rule(s), then I feel I should at least get a message stating "Your thread was not approved due to not having completed all rules". It can be a Copy/Paste type message, no need for specifics, but at least something so one isn't stuck wondering "Did I mess up, or is it just taking a while?"
    There's no notification system with these forums for that, sadly. Some mods may (and ideally) would leave a message to a member if it wasn't approved.

At any rate, your thread hadn't been tended to yet. So I went and approved it for you as it looks fine. Link.

And how about some responses from mods in that "forums suggestions thread." oh wait...
    Poke a mod then. =p Mind you, for both of those suggestions there's not many mods that can actually say anything. Those actions would a) require someone to make them, and b) require an admin to upload them. I think typically Serebii Joe does those userbars/smilie things (the latter is difficult to get too due to the games being on the 3DS now). Likewise, only an admin can redirect the url to the Pokédex to the new one. I can try poking one later though with that, at least.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Pokémon news, opinions, creative works and more. Now live!

NEW! Necrozma’s role in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Ok. Sorry if I sounded pushy or rude, and thanks!
    i am new here
    any fun things to do on this website? thnx
    i am leaving too boring omg im going back to snapchat

Thanks for the answer/approval. Much appreciated!
    X FC: 1006 0385 8652 IGN: Mr.Brightside

Please get rid of the mandatory Doubles and Triples section in the Pokémon of the Week column. Whoever writes these has absolutely no clue when it comes to these formats. Most of the time the advice is just, "Don't use this in Doubles and Triples." It's embarrassing.

Take this week's Pokémon, Heliolisk, as an example. The Doubles/Triples section reads, "Nothing. This lizard is barely usable enough in singles." Pathetic! No mention even of why it's better or worse. The very fact that Heliolisk gets three different weather-based abilities makes it a much better Doubles Pokémon than a Singles one. Parabolic charge is a Doubles and Triples-centric move. It's weak because it can hit up to 5 other Pokémon and absorb HP from all of them.

Please stop pretending that you know about Doubles. Your "advice" on these formats is always either misleading or absent.

Quote Originally Posted by Footnote View Post
    Please get rid of the mandatory Doubles and Triples section in the Pokémon of the Week column. Whoever writes these has absolutely no clue when it comes to these formats. Most of the time the advice is just, "Don't use this in Doubles and Triples." It's embarrassing.

Take this week's Pokémon, Heliolisk, as an example. The Doubles/Triples section reads, "Nothing. This lizard is barely usable enough in singles." Pathetic! No mention even of why it's better or worse. The very fact that Heliolisk gets three different weather-based abilities makes it a much better Doubles Pokémon than a Singles one. Parabolic charge is a Doubles and Triples-centric move. It's weak because it can hit up to 5 other Pokémon and absorb HP from all of them.

Please stop pretending that you know about Doubles. Your "advice" on these formats is always either misleading or absent.
    Actually, The POTW is not written by either BlueHarvest or KingTorterra, but by Visitors to this site.

The reason why Double/Triple Battles was "skipped" because no-one posted one. Actually, there was three mention of Doubles, the only move set was a Modification of another set, and no Mention of Triples. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...unity-POTW-015

If you want to try your hand at another POTW: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...unity-POTW-016

In this case, I think Swellow Normal/Flying type hurts when most of the hit everybody attacks are SE, and low Defences will hurt it, even with the Earthquake immunity. Mind you that my Competitive Score is 0/0.

this thread is for forum suggestions, not site ones. if you want to talk about potw either post in the proper place or just email joe himself

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)
    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)
    [21:03] <+Skiks> ellie is out of context
    [21:04] <+Skiks> the experience

If I may make a suggestion for a new thread on the 6th Gen Trade Forums? I think we would benefit from a thread devoted to HG/SS(Apricorn), Dream Ball and Safari Ball pokemon trading. I have spoken to several of people who, like me, have a bunch of pokemon in Apricorn/Safari/non-HA Dream ball females (I have about 3 boxes worth of just Apricorn ball pokes, another 4 for dream ball), and it is a massive pain to go into each individual pokemon's thread to post, especially if I have to update the posts to reflect what I'll trade them for. Just updating the Totodile, Chikorita and Cyndaquil posts is taxing after I whittle down my megastone requests. Rather, a simple list post of females in their respective pokeball would be much simpler for both people that have, and, people looking for these pokemon! Thank you
    Last edited by EQWashu; 21st February 2014 at 3:30 AM.
    X/αS FC: 3823-9029-3721 (IGN: Washu/Lady Washu)

Dream World Female/Bank Ball Breeder!
    *Spreadsheet of tradable Pokemon & want list here*

Ask about my legit female Johto Starters in special balls from Pokemon Colosseum!

Since Nintendo just announced that the Wi-Fi service for the Wii games, Nintendo games, and Nintendo DSi games are going to be discontinued until May 20, 2014, this means that we might need to remove the Generation VI and V Wi-Fi center forum thread as well since thats going to be a real big problem since we aren't going to be trading on the DS games through Wi-Fi anymore until on May 20th?

Could I make a suggestion? I don't think there is a way of doing it.
    Could you make it so you can remove a post you've done and any reputation done to it (good and/or bad) gets removed from it?

Mostly because you can post something stupid like a question or a statement you believe in and people will lower your reputation even if you comment later that you were in the wrong. Mostly because this keeps happening to me and it is really embarrassing. If it does ruin the way a thread is numbered it could just say 'comment removed' and no way to mess with the reputation of the comment?

And another is to have an option to shut off reputation completely on your account. It REALLY ruins my day to come back to some offensive comment at the fact that I am stupid, I hate being stupid. I know you have to report to a forum mod but that still doesn't change the fact that someone has insulted me at my stupidity or opinion and it is still there and the fact that I have to keep pestering staff when they have better things to do then deal with me reporting everything because people won't leave me alone.

I have other suggestions but I do fear to post them because of rep lowering instead of being constructively criticized in a POST. (because then I can higher their reputation for being kind enough to show me I'm wrong)
    Has left Serebii forums.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    Could I make a suggestion? I don't think there is a way of doing it.
    Could you make it so you can remove a post you've done and any reputation done to it (good and/or bad) gets removed from it?

Mostly because you can post something stupid like a question or a statement you believe in and people will lower your reputation even if you comment later that you were in the wrong. Mostly because this keeps happening to me and it is really embarrassing. If it does ruin the way a thread is numbered it could just say 'comment removed' and no way to mess with the reputation of the comment?

And another is to have an option to shut off reputation completely on your account. It REALLY ruins my day to come back to some offensive comment at the fact that I am stupid, I hate being stupid. I know you have to report to a forum mod but that still doesn't change the fact that someone has insulted me at my stupidity or opinion and it is still there and the fact that I have to keep pestering staff when they have better things to do then deal with me reporting everything because people won't leave me alone.

I have other suggestions but I do fear to post them because of rep lowering instead of being constructively criticized in a POST. (because then I can higher their reputation for being kind enough to show me I'm wrong)
    You can actually choose to hide your reputation by going to User CP->General Settings and turning it off. Then instead of where the green bar would be, it is gray.

If you have that much fear of your suggestions you could post them here where only staff and you can see your thread.
    2015-2017: VGC Premier Challenge Organizer / Midseason Showdown Organizer
    Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint...ile/KINGARCEUS
    Showdown: Playful Latios
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonexpert

But it would just be grey, right? But I would still receive reputation points? I just don't want to see them especially when they're mocking...
    Has left Serebii forums.

But it would just be grey, right? But I would still receive reputation points? I just don't want to see them especially when they're mocking...
    It would just be grey and you would be able to receive reputation points. It may deter the person from giving you reputations though since it won't show your reputation.
    2015-2017: VGC Premier Challenge Organizer / Midseason Showdown Organizer
    Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint...ile/KINGARCEUS
    Showdown: Playful Latios
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonexpert

Hm it is possible. But I'm not sure how many people would notice, and I do still have a decent amount of points. I just hate the messages I get... because people can be abusive and get away with it as I am powerless, and reporting to staff is a long process for the both of us. Thank you for the suggestion though
    Has left Serebii forums.

I hope I'm doing this right. I just have a tiny suggestion. Maybe someone can help? I was wondering if there could be a 'lost connections' thread of sorts. Like if you make a mistake with someone on gts and want to reimburse them. It may not be much but people can post there and maybe find the person they are looking for with help from other people? Spreading the word. It's just so very hard to reconnect with someone from/though GTS.
    All I ask for is 100% pure honesty from my trading partner. Whether it be cloned or hacked is of no offense to me. I also may include a request for an item. A rule that will constantly stand is if my shiny is Kalos native but yours isn't, you may have to up the offer.

Hm it is possible. But I'm not sure how many people would notice, and I do still have a decent amount of points. I just hate the messages I get... because people can be abusive and get away with it as I am powerless, and reporting to staff is a long process for the both of us. Thank you for the suggestion though
    This is precisely why the reputation system as a whole needs to be changed. Mods in other sections of the site have openly admitted to not wanting to deal with rep abuse in their section (one even went so far as to say not to bother him with complaints about it; it's gotten so bad that even the MODS don't want to deal with it). That by itself should give members an idea as to what kind of issues this system brings up. But coupled with the fact that people constantly bring up issues with rep abuse, it tells me that the system does need to be fixed.

Now I'm not necessarily against concepts like a reputation system. But the problem is, the staff members already have a lot on their plate. And now they have this extra system to monitor, while their time and resources are already spread thin. This is what happened the last time the reputation system was used. Staff members just didn't have the time or the availability to properly enforce rules concerning it, and eventually it was simply shelved. That's why I think switching to a system where you click a 'like' button for individual posts would be more workable. It would be less abusive, and mods wouldn't have to devote nearly as much time to monitoring it as they do with the reputation system.
    Last edited by SBaby; 7th March 2014 at 10:17 PM.
    Rules of fansites:
    1 - You can either be right, or you can be happy.
    3 - If you think someone is lying about being an expert, they are.
    5 - If you think someone is lying about knowing people who work in the industry, they are.
    14 - All sources are one-sided.
    27 - There's no such thing as an honest politician.

no, that is not why mods don't want to deal with it. we don't want to deal with it because people are crying to us about abusive negs when they are not abusive at all. don't say things when you don't know the reason behind it.

a "like" button requires a hack which joe isn't going to do. yes, there are abusive reps OCCASIONALLY but more often than not it is someone who cannot take any criticism whining to the staff about it. the odd neg or two doesn't mean much if you are a consistently good poster because the pozzes will balance, but if you are constantly getting negged for the same thing, maybe you should take a look at yourself and your posts before complaining about abuse.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)
    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)
    [21:03] <+Skiks> ellie is out of context
    [21:04] <+Skiks> the experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    we don't want to deal with it because people are crying to us about abusive negs when they are not abusive at all.
    It kind of sounds like it would be easier not to implement it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    don't say things when you don't know the reason behind it.

a "like" button requires a hack which joe isn't going to do. yes, there are abusive reps OCCASIONALLY but more often than not it is someone who cannot take any criticism whining to the staff about it. the odd neg or two doesn't mean much if you are a consistently good poster because the pozzes will balance, but if you are constantly getting negged for the same thing, maybe you should take a look at yourself and your posts before complaining about abuse.

Ok, admittedly, I could have worded that better (actually, re-reading what I posted, I realized how terrible that post was). But it was the abuse that caused it to get shelved the first time (and if memory serves me correctly, I think one of the staff members even said that was the reason, or at the very least implied it). If there was no abuse going on and the system was perfect, then they wouldn't have removed it the first time, right?

Not to mention as I've said, I've been repped before for reasons that don't make any sense (and sometimes for no reason at all). So there's either some kind of abuse going on, or else there are people that don't know how to effectively use the reputation system (and based on what I've seen and read, I'm definitely not the only one experiencing this). As it is, sometimes I'll get a question with the reputation comment. If this was asked in a topic, I might have an answer for it. So why not just ask in a topic?

At the end of the day, I'm going to back this site (and by extension the staff) no matter what they ultimately decide to do with the reputation system, if they keep it the same or tweak it. Make no mistake, I want it to be successful. I want everything to succeed here. If that wasn't the case, I wouldn't have bothered to bring it up in the first place. But at the same time, if I see something that I think could be improved or doesn't look right, I'm going to say something. And it's precisely because I want to see this system work on a site that I visit. I just think this place has the best shot at doing it. So of course I'm going to be more critical here, because I want it to work.
    Last edited by SBaby; 8th March 2014 at 6:59 PM.
    Rules of fansites:
    1 - You can either be right, or you can be happy.
    3 - If you think someone is lying about being an expert, they are.
    5 - If you think someone is lying about knowing people who work in the industry, they are.
    14 - All sources are one-sided.
    27 - There's no such thing as an honest politician.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast