Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: To Catch a Pokémon Smuggler! (815)

Default To Catch a Pokémon Smuggler! (815)

Catch the Pokémon Merchant! Operation: Spewpa Disguise!!

While heading towards Cyllage City, Ash & Co. see a person who sells Pokémon escaping from Officer Jenny. This seller makes his money by capturing and selling the Pokémon, Vivillon, which has different appearances based upon where it was born. Ash & co. decide to help Jenny catch the seller. However, as they get on his trail, Ash finds a Scatterbug that the seller had discarded. Will Ash & co. manage to help stop this bad person?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    Last edited by Dephender; 15th January 2014 at 11:25 AM.

The episode starts off with Ash and co. walking along a path and then they begin to feel hungry.

Then, a jeep almost drives into them/past them with a man driving it and a Diggersby next to him in the passenger seat and then Officer Jenny follows him on her Motorcycle with a Manectric in the sidecar.

The driver tells Diggersby to use Mud Shot or Mud Bomb to attack Officer Jenny.

The driver and his Diggersby soon get away and a now open cage is left behind that was in his car, which had a captured Scatterbug in.

Ash and co. then go to a Pokemon center and meet with Nurse Joy, who then explains to them about Vivillon and how they can have different patterns.

The Officer Jenny from earlier then enter the Pokemon center and throws a rope around of Ash's hands, thinking that he is also a bad guy, but he explains himself and she feels sorry.

Ash and co. then sit down at a Pokemon Center booth and Jenny talks about the poacher she chased.

The Scatterbug that they brought with them evolves into a Spewpa.

Clemont then talks about Pokemon evolution and how a Vivillon's patterns can be different and then he mentions how Pikachu can evolve into a Raichu with a Thunderstone.

Clemont presents to the group another one of his inventions which Bonnie doesn't seem to be impressed with.

The invention is some sort of item tracker, that he uses to track the Pokemon poacher.

Ash then dresses up as a Spewpa and tries to fit in the cage from earlier, but he doesn't fit.

Then Dedenne disguises itself as a Spewpa, but she is too small and then Chespin disguises himself as a Spewpa, I think it's Chespin.

Ash and co. then set the bait for the poacher.

Dare Da? Spewpa.

The poacher is driving nearby and spots a Spewpa, which he then takes with him in his car and drives off.

Clemont then begins tracking the chip that Chespin has.

The invention that Clemont made, soon blows up.

Ash brings out Fletchling to help search for the poacher.

Ash then brings out Froakie to sneak into the abandoned building where the poacher is staying.

Ash and co. then try to sneak inside as well, but Bonnie and Clemont get trapped in one of the poachers nets.

The poacher has the Chepin that he recently caught in a cage with it's disguise half off.

The poacher, Daz then brings out his Diggersby.

Ash battles the Diggersby with his Froakie.

Diggersby used Hammer Arm.

The Spewpa from earlier then decides to battle the Diggersby and the Spewpa does a String Shot around the Diggersby.

Spewpa then evolves into a (Elegant Pattern?) Vivillon and then there's a brief Flashback to Viola's Vivillon.

Vivillon then battles Diggersby and wins the battle with Stun Spore.

Jenny then throws a rope around one of Daz's hand and Vivillon puts Daz to sleep with SleepPowdern.

As the sun sets, a bunch of poacher Spewpa then simultaneously evolve into Vivillon and they fly away.

The one that was with Ash and co. says goodbye to them.

To be continued.
    Last edited by playerking; 9th January 2014 at 10:23 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Jenny is embarrassed.

Looks kind of cute.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 9th January 2014 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Jenny is embarrassed.

She should be, thinking Ash was a bad guy.

Froakie vs Diggersby. But now Swewpa enters. Swewpa uses Protect and String Shot. Diggersby scapes from it. Swewpa evolves into a Vivillon with Purple pattern Vivillon uses protect, now uses Stun Spore and it's defeated. And Jenny caiught the poacher. And Vivillon uses Sleep Powder?
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

I was almost expecting this episode to focus on TR, I remember when they did a poacher episode way back in the beginning of Hoenn.
    "I'll spout simplistic opinions for hours on end, ridicule anyone who disagrees with me,
    and generally foster divisiveness, cynicism, and a lower level of public dialog!"

3DS friend code: 4356 - 0645 - 2703
    Friend Safari: Masquerain, Pinsir, Paras

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    Froakie vs Diggersby. But now Swewpa enters. Swewpa uses Protect and String Shot. Diggersby scapes from it. Swewpa evolves into a Vivillon with Purple pattern Vivillon uses protect, now uses Stun Spore and it's defeated. And Jenny caiught the poacher. And Vivillon uses Sleep Powder?
    It used Tackle as a Spewpa as well.. But who cares, the thing flew away. I did doubt myself though as it turned around to face Ash one more time..

It was an okay episode, and I think the first time we had a 'en mass evolution'?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

This episode isn't filler. Reason: Clemont explains evolution in this episode.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Jenny is one incompetent Police Officer. Well that is realistic somehow.

Overall the episode was just fine. Imo Ash should have used Fletching against Diggersby too but wtv it would have lost anyway.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

Jenny is embarrassed.

She should be, because mistaking a Pokémon trainer for a poacher is stupid.

Looks kind of cute
    Yeah, it does.

Btw, did Team Rocket appear in this episode too?
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 9th January 2014 at 11:06 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    Btw, did Team Rocket appear in this episode too?
    No, they didn't appear.

No, they didn't appear.
    Cool! Team Rocket were so annoying in the last episode, so I'm glad they didn't appear in this episode.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 9th January 2014 at 12:16 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    Cool! Team Rocket was so annoying in the last episode, so I'm glad they didn't appear in this episode.
    well that's good at least they are toning the main villains down from the main characters, at least now we have different villains showing up throughout the episode which makes the series interesting.

So weird how they didn't appear here, this wasn't that big of an episode. Oh well, enjoyed it
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

One thing i am happy about is that they didn't change the evolution animation.

Since they changed Iron Tail's animation i was worried that they may change the evolution animation as well.

...the credits STILL claim Tsuguo Mogami played someone named "Ges".
    Presumably that was Daz' prototype name, and someone forgot to change it in the credits list.

Know your roots.

Ash the butterfly whisperer... seems the writers want him to repeat the Butterfree situation a million times, while keeping Butterfree as the only butterfly he's owned. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    It was an okay episode, and I think the first time we had a 'en mass evolution'?
    The first time we had one of those would be when Bulbasaur chose not to evolve. This is nowhere near the first time.

They finally made people that were worse than TRio. First is the Jenny who shouldn't be allowed to be a policewoman if she can't even stop some random poacher. Second is the guy who lost to a vivillion that evolved a few minutes ago. Lolz

Looks like a fun and pretty cool episode, but i am truly surprised Ash didn't get the Vivillion, i'm even more surprised that the writers are repeating the farewell Butterfree scene for a third(?) time.

Regardless, another entertaining XY filler.

So they basically rehashed the butterfree plot yet again? Okay...
    And the writers better not tease pikachu evolving again like that. They also did it in the tower contest episode in bw.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

First time I saw the guy, I thought of Wario.

So I'm guessing the evolution animation stayed the same as in Unova?

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    This episode isn't filler. Reason: Clemont explains evolution in this episode.
    It is filler. That's not a reason why it's not.

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Aw man, this episode was too typical filler. This and the previous episode were really dry :/ I guess maybe the first 10 episodes spoiled me because they had some character focus in each.

What must I say? Today’s episode perhaps establishes that Serena is the clever one amongst the four. She’s the one who has managed to come up with every plan. So basically,

Serena is clever.

Clemont is intelligent.

Ash is brave.And….

Bonnie is cute, I guess?

The hunter guy (forgot his name two minutes after watching the episode. Speaks how important he is), is your generic greedy hunter, except this one seems to have a funny accent and a weird moustache etc. And I swear the theme of gen 6 Pokeani is bondage. *Cough* Jenny seems to like tying men with a rope.

Another funny moment is Ash explaining evolutions. According him to evolutions are about flashing, transforming and becoming strong (not an accurate translation duh). Typical Ash way of explaining. I loved that actually. It actually puts him in character. Even if he does know what exactly evolution means, he wouldn’t be able to explain it. So he’d just describe what he sees and how it helps him in battles. I loved that. And of course, Citron being the smart guy he is, managed to explain something.

What I am slightly annoyed about is Ash getting the main focus in the end again. This happened last episode too. Something or the other happens to the rest, Ash jumps to the rescue etc. But this time, they twisted it a bit by making Froakie lose and let the bug thing (no, I am not going to learn its name) save the day by evolving into Vivillon. POTD was boring, nothing interesting. Diggersby failed to look threatening, just like it’s trainer ironically.

To sum it up, let’s just say you won’t miss anything even if you don’t watch this episode. The Groomer episode was half-entertaining because of the sexy battle between Pikachu and Wobuffet,Inkay. But the battle this time is very shabby, though it did seem a bit fun for a while.

Perks over the last episode? Serena did something more than stand behind the rest three.

Oh and Clemont’s invention this time is a GPS-tracker thingy.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

The animation for it is a bit different right? As in they don't grow into the shape gradually they kinda just melt into a blob then reform. The blue is still the same. I seriously only remember sandile evolving in BW. I can't remember what the rest look like.
    Last edited by diakyu; 9th January 2014 at 3:22 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Looks like a fun and pretty cool episode, but i am truly surprised Ash didn't get the Vivillion, i'm even more surprised that the writers are repeating the farewell Butterfree scene for a third(?) time.

Regardless, another entertaining XY filler.
    I agree!! It was a filler but hey that shouldn't matter as long as the episode is entertaining.

I like Team Rocket but I'm happy they aren't appearing on every episode.

It was a decent episode, I wonder what's next for Serena? she seemed impressed with the Vivillion..

Even without subtitles, the episode seemed pretty boring and forgettable. Why does it feel the animation quality has gone down since the first several episodes? The battle wasn't even good - Froakie might have back-to-back losses after next week's episode. It seemed like Serena did more in this episode, but I'm not sure.

I really wanted Clemont to have a Diggersby, but after this episode, I think Bunnelby won't evolve.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast