Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To Catch a Pokémon Smuggler! (815)

Well, there go my hopes for Serena catching a pokemon in the first episode of the new year. Now all she needs to do is to not catch Espurr in the upcoming episode featuring it and I'll probably stop caring about her.

Seems like the whole episode was a rehash of the "Butterfree" plot from last series with a standard goon thrown in. Next, please!
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

An entertaining episode but not one of my favourites of the XY saga so far.
    I liked how the characters were drawn in the episode though.

And great to see Serena being more active. I love how she usually comes up with the plans, too.

We finally see an animation of Pikachu evolving into Raichu. First time in the anime that has happened, correct? Because I don't remember that happening before (even if this was in a flashback).

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

It's bad enough that Ash bonds with a Pokemon yet again only to watch it go... I mean come on, Vivillon actually would have been a cool capture for Ash once you see it's moveset ._. But nope, development down the drain in the final moments.

If that wasn't bad enough, Froakie getting it's butt handed to him by a Diggersby pretty much is. You may tell me Froakie didn't lose, but come on, it clearly wasn't winning (unless this guy was cheating).

But even with those complaints, it was still a decent episode I guess
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 15th January 2014 at 12:25 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I'm so glad Ash didn't end up catching viviyon, I don't want to see another Butterfree....

I was pleasantly surprised by how active Serena was and in the plans; this was a good episode for her.

And jeez, Citron needs to get into shape.
    Last edited by Queequeg; 9th January 2014 at 5:57 PM.
    "There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures."
    -William Shakespeare Julius Caesar

I have the strange impression that I have seen this somewhere before.

Oh right, in any of the other "stop the evil poacher" episodes. Our heroes have once again saved the day by releasing the captured pokemon and can walk into the sunset to... capture pokemon. Yeah. These poachers must be too dumb to live when using pokeballs would make their job entirely legal.

And Officer Jenny took care of the rest of the incompetence quota, so there was probably no room left for TR to appear.

I'm just going to assume 200 pokeyen is a huge expense in the anime so poachers don't want to pay or can't afford enough pokeballs per vivillion.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    I'm just going to assume 200 pokeyen is a huge expense in the anime so poachers don't want to pay or can't afford enough pokeballs per vivillion.
    The Poke Balls aren't that expensive, but do you really want to waste money on such a flimsy cage? Then there's the amount of effort the poachers would have to put in just to capture one Pokemon, and who wants to sell damaged goods to their clients? Trainers that catch Pokemon the traditional way are also more obligated to take care of the Pokemon they capture, so they're less prone to capture Pokemon en masse and throw off nature's balance in the process (those care costs can really rise up over time). With how advanced Poke Balls are, I'm surprised that they aren't used to keep track of the Pokemon-to-Trainer ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    The Poke Balls aren't that expensive, but do you really want to waste money on such a flimsy cage? Then there's the amount of effort the poachers would have to put in just to capture one Pokemon, and who wants to sell damaged goods to their clients? Trainers that catch Pokemon the traditional way are also more obligated to take care of the Pokemon they capture, so they're less prone to capture Pokemon en masse and throw off nature's balance in the process (those care costs can really rise up over time). With how advanced Poke Balls are, I'm surprised that they aren't used to keep track of the Pokemon-to-Trainer ratio.
    Hmm - I wonder then how Ash's removal of an entire herd of 30 Tauros from Kanto's Safari Zone affected the balance of nature there (perhaps the whole ecosystem collapsed due to this, and that's why we can't get into the safari zone in Generation 2! XD)
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

what did this guy do wrong? yeah he's selling pokemon but isn't that basically what the game corners do they'll give you a porygon for like 9000 coins O_O which you got through gambling. and he's basically just doing what the dex says capture pokemon O.O
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    Hmm - I wonder then how Ash's removal of an entire herd of 30 Tauros from Kanto's Safari Zone affected the balance of nature there (perhaps the whole ecosystem collapsed due to this, and that's why we can't get into the safari zone in Generation 2! XD)
    That episode specifically explained that people were only allowed 30 balls there to prevent excessive catching that would damage the system. Ie it was outright said this did not affect the balance there.

Pretty boring episode with some fun little moments. Spewpa itself was a nice Pokemon but this episode was very lackluster. Dare I say I think this has been the worst XY episode yet. But I wasn't expecting anything major from it. I did like that we got a new villain in the episode besides just reusing TR, even if we'll likely not see him again. Diggersby was pretty cool, I love that fat rabbit Pokemon XD overall a somewhat forgettable episode. I hope the future XY episodes get better.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Not one of the better episodes so far but still decently enjoyable. It's nice to see Froakie get some battling in but I was disappointed that he pretty much got curbstomped (it is that Diggersby tho). Froakie has presumably battled a fair bit with other trainers, why is it being outdone by a random wild Spewpa even with a type advantage? I just hope he doesn't fall into the same category as Snivy where he's only a strong fighter when the plot calls for it.

Also, I like how Diggersby is able to leap out of the moving car and somehow hover in the air long enough to use an attack while Jenny is driving her motorcycle top speed, and then make it back into the car while its still driving to get away at the same speed.

I wasn't that disappointed Ash didn't get Vivillion, his other Pokemon need the attention right now.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Meh they just made the Butterfree episode from Decorola without TR and a hunter instead and I kinda liked that one more because the bond was better portrayed, still like others said its always annoying to see Satoshi bonding and then not getting the pokemon.

I'm hoping the series starts building something, the start of the series is a lot weaker than DP and BW :S, good thing Clemont and Bonnie are interesting atleast, get a rival in there, more team changes, villans, something...

I have no issues with Froakie losing though, he is probably going to start getting beaten down a few times to learn that he can't be the hero all the time and not rush to things all the time, I think its just part of his development and he was just recently caugth losing to an evolved pokemon is fine.

I can't really see how this relates to the Butterfree episodes all that much, you could replace Vivillion with some other Pokemon and nothing would change.

Either way, another okay episode that doesn't do much to interest. XY first 111 episodes were a very strong start imo so I hope we aren't already losing steam

This episode would be a good one to fall asleep to, I think. They can't all be winners.
    3DS FC: 0877-1337-0183
    Ice Friend Safari: Snorunt, Beartic, Dewgong

I knew this would be a typical filler episode, so I'm not at all surprised that nothing important happened. I thought Daz was creepier than the previews showed though; man, his face is gonna give me nightmares tonight. I liked that Officer Jenny tried to arrest Ash thinking that he was a poacher, and the explanation about evolution, particularly the part about Pikachu and the Thunder Stone was cool too. The Chespin/Spewpa disguise idea was brilliant imo, and I liked that Spewpa didn't evolve into the generic violet-colored Vivillon.

Now call me call me crazy, but the hunter..

I could swear I have seen him somewhere before a long time ago...

Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Decent episode, especially considering it was filler. Obviously not the best but I still enjoyed it.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Do we know what the second to last move that Vivillion used was??

I saw:

Spewpa:

Tackle
    String Shot
    Protect

Vivillion:

Stun Spore
    White Shield move(??)
    Whatever it used on the hunter.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    I can't really see how this relates to the Butterfree episodes all that much, you could replace Vivillion with some other Pokemon and nothing would change.

Either way, another okay episode that doesn't do much to interest. XY first 111 episodes were a very strong start imo so I hope we aren't already losing steam
    Larva pokemon bonds with Satoshi, has some adversity through the episode to do it, kinda like Caterpie in the other episode, ends up evolving and defending Satoshi from said adversity by evolving and beating it and finally migrates away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Larva pokemon bonds with Satoshi, has some adversity through the episode to do it, kinda like Caterpie in the other episode, ends up evolving and defending Satoshi from said adversity by evolving and beating it and finally migrates away.
    ^Describes the entire episode's plot and premise in 1 sentence-- was actually good for Serena, though, for once.^
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Kind of a meh episode overall, Clemont was nice with his machine and invention and his scene with him fearing for Chespin's safety. Everything else was so meh though, I liked seeing another Vivillion at least. The voice of this one was nice and seeing Viola once more was cool too, the animation looked pretty ugly and off-model at some scenes and it kinda got on my nerves. The battles were nothing really special, though I just liked seeing Froakie do something and seeing Froakie go from chill, cute frog to battle mode when its eyes snapped open was another nice scene for it. The fat rabbit doesn't really look too awesome in the anime, not sure if I want Clemont's to evolve into it. Kinda seemed weird Daz's Diggersby got knocked out by one Stun Spore + Tackle but never took a bit of damage from Froakie. Though it seems like trying to hit Protect Diggersby bounced off in pain? I thought it was better than the Rhyhorn episode at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Kind of a meh episode overall, Clemont was nice with his machine and invention and his scene with him fearing for Chespin's safety. Everything else was so meh though, I liked seeing another Vivillion at least. The voice of this one was nice and seeing Viola once more was cool too, the animation looked pretty ugly and off-model at some scenes and it kinda got on my nerves. The battles were nothing really special, though I just liked seeing Froakie do something and seeing Froakie go from chill, cute frog to battle mode when its eyes snapped open was another nice scene for it. The fat rabbit doesn't really look too awesome in the anime, not sure if I want Clemont's to evolve into it. Kinda seemed weird Daz's Diggersby got knocked out by one Stun Spore + Tackle but never took a bit of damage from Froakie. Though it seems like trying to hit Protect Diggersby bounced off in pain? I thought it was better than the Rhyhorn episode at least.
    Agreed completely: this one was fairly boring to sit through for the most part. It could be worse, though: I mean, it could've been another XY007 in Serena's case or XY011 in TR's case.

Also, no TR was great in this case, although episode is very meh overall.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th January 2014 at 8:31 AM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I guess I'm in the minority that thought X007 was a fine episode then (believe it or not there was more to it then the shipping), this one just kinda bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority that thought X007 was a fine episode then (believe it or not there was more to it then the shipping), this one just kinda bored me.
    It's better than this one, so I'll give u that-- shipping with lot of blushing dragged it down for me, though. I think XY011 was the worst episode yet, though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast