Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 100

Thread: To Catch a Pokémon Smuggler! (815)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Well, there go my hopes for Serena catching a pokemon in the first episode of the new year. Now all she needs to do is to not catch Espurr in the upcoming episode featuring it and I'll probably stop caring about her.

    Seems like the whole episode was a rehash of the "Butterfree" plot from last series with a standard goon thrown in. Next, please!
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

    Current Y team (champions)


    Current X team (6th gym badge won)

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montenegró
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    An entertaining episode but not one of my favourites of the XY saga so far.
    I liked how the characters were drawn in the episode though.

    And great to see Serena being more active. I love how she usually comes up with the plans, too.

    We finally see an animation of Pikachu evolving into Raichu. First time in the anime that has happened, correct? Because I don't remember that happening before (even if this was in a flashback).




    “Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,835

    Default

    It's bad enough that Ash bonds with a Pokemon yet again only to watch it go... I mean come on, Vivillon actually would have been a cool capture for Ash once you see it's moveset ._. But nope, development down the drain in the final moments.

    If that wasn't bad enough, Froakie getting it's butt handed to him by a Diggersby pretty much is. You may tell me Froakie didn't lose, but come on, it clearly wasn't winning (unless this guy was cheating).

    But even with those complaints, it was still a decent episode I guess
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 15th January 2014 at 12:25 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    258

    Default

    I'm so glad Ash didn't end up catching viviyon, I don't want to see another Butterfree....

    I was pleasantly surprised by how active Serena was and in the plans; this was a good episode for her.

    And jeez, Citron needs to get into shape.
    Last edited by Queequeg; 9th January 2014 at 5:57 PM.
    "There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures."
    -William Shakespeare Julius Caesar

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    546

    Default

    I have the strange impression that I have seen this somewhere before.

    ...

    Oh right, in any of the other "stop the evil poacher" episodes. Our heroes have once again saved the day by releasing the captured pokemon and can walk into the sunset to... capture pokemon. Yeah. These poachers must be too dumb to live when using pokeballs would make their job entirely legal.

    And Officer Jenny took care of the rest of the incompetence quota, so there was probably no room left for TR to appear.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,346

    Default

    I'm just going to assume 200 pokeyen is a huge expense in the anime so poachers don't want to pay or can't afford enough pokeballs per vivillion.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    I'm just going to assume 200 pokeyen is a huge expense in the anime so poachers don't want to pay or can't afford enough pokeballs per vivillion.
    The Poke Balls aren't that expensive, but do you really want to waste money on such a flimsy cage? Then there's the amount of effort the poachers would have to put in just to capture one Pokemon, and who wants to sell damaged goods to their clients? Trainers that catch Pokemon the traditional way are also more obligated to take care of the Pokemon they capture, so they're less prone to capture Pokemon en masse and throw off nature's balance in the process (those care costs can really rise up over time). With how advanced Poke Balls are, I'm surprised that they aren't used to keep track of the Pokemon-to-Trainer ratio.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    The Poke Balls aren't that expensive, but do you really want to waste money on such a flimsy cage? Then there's the amount of effort the poachers would have to put in just to capture one Pokemon, and who wants to sell damaged goods to their clients? Trainers that catch Pokemon the traditional way are also more obligated to take care of the Pokemon they capture, so they're less prone to capture Pokemon en masse and throw off nature's balance in the process (those care costs can really rise up over time). With how advanced Poke Balls are, I'm surprised that they aren't used to keep track of the Pokemon-to-Trainer ratio.
    Hmm - I wonder then how Ash's removal of an entire herd of 30 Tauros from Kanto's Safari Zone affected the balance of nature there (perhaps the whole ecosystem collapsed due to this, and that's why we can't get into the safari zone in Generation 2! XD)
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

    Current Y team (champions)


    Current X team (6th gym badge won)

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    815

    Default

    what did this guy do wrong? yeah he's selling pokemon but isn't that basically what the game corners do they'll give you a porygon for like 9000 coins O_O which you got through gambling. and he's basically just doing what the dex says capture pokemon O.O
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

    3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

    pokedex: complete -

  10. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    Hmm - I wonder then how Ash's removal of an entire herd of 30 Tauros from Kanto's Safari Zone affected the balance of nature there (perhaps the whole ecosystem collapsed due to this, and that's why we can't get into the safari zone in Generation 2! XD)
    That episode specifically explained that people were only allowed 30 balls there to prevent excessive catching that would damage the system. Ie it was outright said this did not affect the balance there.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,381

    Default

    Pretty boring episode with some fun little moments. Spewpa itself was a nice Pokemon but this episode was very lackluster. Dare I say I think this has been the worst XY episode yet. But I wasn't expecting anything major from it. I did like that we got a new villain in the episode besides just reusing TR, even if we'll likely not see him again. Diggersby was pretty cool, I love that fat rabbit Pokemon XD overall a somewhat forgettable episode. I hope the future XY episodes get better.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Not one of the better episodes so far but still decently enjoyable. It's nice to see Froakie get some battling in but I was disappointed that he pretty much got curbstomped (it is that Diggersby tho). Froakie has presumably battled a fair bit with other trainers, why is it being outdone by a random wild Spewpa even with a type advantage? I just hope he doesn't fall into the same category as Snivy where he's only a strong fighter when the plot calls for it.

    Also, I like how Diggersby is able to leap out of the moving car and somehow hover in the air long enough to use an attack while Jenny is driving her motorcycle top speed, and then make it back into the car while its still driving to get away at the same speed.

    I wasn't that disappointed Ash didn't get Vivillion, his other Pokemon need the attention right now.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013


    Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,072

    Default

    Meh they just made the Butterfree episode from Decorola without TR and a hunter instead and I kinda liked that one more because the bond was better portrayed, still like others said its always annoying to see Satoshi bonding and then not getting the pokemon.

    I'm hoping the series starts building something, the start of the series is a lot weaker than DP and BW :S, good thing Clemont and Bonnie are interesting atleast, get a rival in there, more team changes, villans, something...

    I have no issues with Froakie losing though, he is probably going to start getting beaten down a few times to learn that he can't be the hero all the time and not rush to things all the time, I think its just part of his development and he was just recently caugth losing to an evolved pokemon is fine.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    905

    Default

    I can't really see how this relates to the Butterfree episodes all that much, you could replace Vivillion with some other Pokemon and nothing would change.

    Either way, another okay episode that doesn't do much to interest. XY first 111 episodes were a very strong start imo so I hope we aren't already losing steam

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    169

    Default

    This episode would be a good one to fall asleep to, I think. They can't all be winners.
    3DS FC: 0877-1337-0183
    Ice Friend Safari: Snorunt, Beartic, Dewgong

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,627

    Default

    I knew this would be a typical filler episode, so I'm not at all surprised that nothing important happened. I thought Daz was creepier than the previews showed though; man, his face is gonna give me nightmares tonight. I liked that Officer Jenny tried to arrest Ash thinking that he was a poacher, and the explanation about evolution, particularly the part about Pikachu and the Thunder Stone was cool too. The Chespin/Spewpa disguise idea was brilliant imo, and I liked that Spewpa didn't evolve into the generic violet-colored Vivillon.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    the cold country of Canada
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Now call me call me crazy, but the hunter..




    I could swear I have seen him somewhere before a long time ago...

    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )


    Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier



    --------------------------

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Decent episode, especially considering it was filler. Obviously not the best but I still enjoyed it.

    Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,481

    Default

    Do we know what the second to last move that Vivillion used was??

    I saw:

    Spewpa:

    Tackle
    String Shot
    Protect

    Vivillion:

    Stun Spore
    White Shield move(??)
    Whatever it used on the hunter.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    I can't really see how this relates to the Butterfree episodes all that much, you could replace Vivillion with some other Pokemon and nothing would change.

    Either way, another okay episode that doesn't do much to interest. XY first 111 episodes were a very strong start imo so I hope we aren't already losing steam
    Larva pokemon bonds with Satoshi, has some adversity through the episode to do it, kinda like Caterpie in the other episode, ends up evolving and defending Satoshi from said adversity by evolving and beating it and finally migrates away.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Larva pokemon bonds with Satoshi, has some adversity through the episode to do it, kinda like Caterpie in the other episode, ends up evolving and defending Satoshi from said adversity by evolving and beating it and finally migrates away.
    ^Describes the entire episode's plot and premise in 1 sentence-- was actually good for Serena, though, for once.^
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Kind of a meh episode overall, Clemont was nice with his machine and invention and his scene with him fearing for Chespin's safety. Everything else was so meh though, I liked seeing another Vivillion at least. The voice of this one was nice and seeing Viola once more was cool too, the animation looked pretty ugly and off-model at some scenes and it kinda got on my nerves. The battles were nothing really special, though I just liked seeing Froakie do something and seeing Froakie go from chill, cute frog to battle mode when its eyes snapped open was another nice scene for it. The fat rabbit doesn't really look too awesome in the anime, not sure if I want Clemont's to evolve into it. Kinda seemed weird Daz's Diggersby got knocked out by one Stun Spore + Tackle but never took a bit of damage from Froakie. Though it seems like trying to hit Protect Diggersby bounced off in pain? I thought it was better than the Rhyhorn episode at least.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Kind of a meh episode overall, Clemont was nice with his machine and invention and his scene with him fearing for Chespin's safety. Everything else was so meh though, I liked seeing another Vivillion at least. The voice of this one was nice and seeing Viola once more was cool too, the animation looked pretty ugly and off-model at some scenes and it kinda got on my nerves. The battles were nothing really special, though I just liked seeing Froakie do something and seeing Froakie go from chill, cute frog to battle mode when its eyes snapped open was another nice scene for it. The fat rabbit doesn't really look too awesome in the anime, not sure if I want Clemont's to evolve into it. Kinda seemed weird Daz's Diggersby got knocked out by one Stun Spore + Tackle but never took a bit of damage from Froakie. Though it seems like trying to hit Protect Diggersby bounced off in pain? I thought it was better than the Rhyhorn episode at least.
    Agreed completely: this one was fairly boring to sit through for the most part. It could be worse, though: I mean, it could've been another XY007 in Serena's case or XY011 in TR's case.

    Also, no TR was great in this case, although episode is very meh overall.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th January 2014 at 8:31 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    905

    Default

    I guess I'm in the minority that thought X007 was a fine episode then (believe it or not there was more to it then the shipping), this one just kinda bored me.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority that thought X007 was a fine episode then (believe it or not there was more to it then the shipping), this one just kinda bored me.
    It's better than this one, so I'll give u that-- shipping with lot of blushing dragged it down for me, though. I think XY011 was the worst episode yet, though.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •