Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To Catch a Pokémon Smuggler! (815)

XY007 put an end to Ash/Serena meeting mystery without dragging it out, gave Serena character development, meaningful focus and revealed she is on the lookout for the goal. It also had beautiful BGM.

Much, MUCH better than a filler.

....and now, her story begins.

This may not be a Serena-focused episode but she spoke and interacted with the group a lot. The anime staff made a good job on this episode that while she's not battle centric, her contribution to the group was her being clever in some situations. Also like Citron, both of them handle the group's resources very well.

Although compared to the previous filler episodes, this episode's battle did not live up to the quality to the former. It's sad to see Keromatsu gets curbstomped. I still think XY008 has the best battle in a filler episode so far.

EDIT: Also, no Team Rocket. Which is good. I don't mind them as long as they don't appear every single episode straight.

---

Some GIFs I made:

Spoiler:- OTHER GIFs, Large filesize:
    Last edited by CMDShift4; 10th January 2014 at 12:21 PM.

Im sorry, but i Call frickin faul, spewpa was perfect for ash's team. The episode was so good at showcasing ash's pokemon, and their gimmicks(fletchlings scouting and froakie's ninja skills, im sorry but This episode was amazing, and would be perfect if ash caught it. Come on writers, butterfree was over ten years ago, i think we are ready for another bug/flying. So much missed potential.

i mentioned this on the pokemon spectulation thread.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    ^Describes the entire episode's plot and premise in 1 sentence-- was actually good for Serena, though, for once.^
    The episode or me?(being good to Serena).

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The episode or me?(being good to Serena).
    Your description was perfect, man! [Insert Positive Rep Here]
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th January 2014 at 10:20 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I finally got to watch the episode properly. Meh filler overall it wasn't bad but wasn't great. Clemont being smart was cool though I wish that instead of blowing up his machine just malfunctioned and shut off, the explosions are kinda tedious. Serena was pretty resourceful in this episode and I gotta say that Officer Jenny is really incompetent but hey all police are useless in animated shows. Froakie getting thrashed by Diggersby was unexpected and honestly I'm surprised that he's losing so much so early. I'm not sad or shocked just surprised.

So does anybody know what that white shield like move was that Vivillion used??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    So does anybody know what that white shield like move was that Vivillion used??
    That was Safeguard.

I liked the episode but it's probably because I like the Vivillon family a lot. We've had more than enough of these "butterflies flying into the sunset" plots than there should be, but I do happen to like them all...

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Chespin as Spewpa was cool. I liked the scene where everyone was celebrating Chespin being a perfect fit for the stealth mission while Ash and Dedenne were sulking. xD
    Last edited by J Ken; 11th January 2014 at 5:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I liked the episode but it's probably because I like the Vivillon family a lot. We've had more than enough of these "butterflies flying into the sunset" plots than there should be, but I do happen to like them all...
    too bad they didn't introduce the whole vivillon different patterns, if they had done it maybe it could have been more beautiful to see.

This episode was... okay. Nothing too special, IMO.
    Felt like a fusion between Butterfree and Me and Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain!.

It was nice that Serena was a little more active in the episode's plot, and I hope this kind of stuff
    is seen from her more often.

Still love Clemont's inventions blowing up.
    xD

Bonnie was just okay in this episode.
    As for Ash, thought he was a little flanderized with some of his actions being a bit over the top,
    but I did like the battle with Spewpa/Froakie VS Diggersby, however.

Overall:
    83/100.
    Last edited by Kalos Adventurer; 13th January 2014 at 3:01 AM.

Found it funny that Ash was a little disappointed that his cosplay of a Spewpa didn't work out. Also, nice touch on Jenny hiding his face behind her hat after realizing her mistake. It was great on how Ash didn't fall when Jenny tried to pull him with her rope. If this was an earlier season surely Ash would've fallen down in a comedic manner and gets berated by Jenny.

so i just watched the episode with subs, (I know they aren't 100% correct) but according to them, Daz catches the pokemon and sells them on the internet, i find that a strange coincidence that people have actually started to sell pokemon on the internet in real life and they mention that in the episode (if the subs are right)
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    That was Safeguard.
    I'm kinda disappointed that they keep using it as a substitution for Protect.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    so i just watched the episode with subs, (I know they aren't 100% correct) but according to them, Daz catches the pokemon and sells them on the internet, i find that a strange coincidence that people have actually started to sell pokemon on the internet in real life and they mention that in the episode (if the subs are right)
    They're correct. The announcement refers to some day 1-subs that seem to have died off now.

This episode got a 5.2 rating and the #6 in the top 10 http://www.anmtvla.com/2014/01/audie...-la-tv_17.html nice for the 1st episode of the year.

Loved the evolution, really took advantage of the fact that it is an anime, also safeguard was very cool, think its a pretty rare move?
    Last edited by phanpycross; 20th January 2014 at 9:10 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegiscalibur View Post
    I have the strange impression that I have seen this somewhere before.

Oh right, in any of the other "stop the evil poacher" episodes. Our heroes have once again saved the day by releasing the captured pokemon and can walk into the sunset to... capture pokemon. Yeah. These poachers must be too dumb to live when using pokeballs would make their job entirely legal.

And Officer Jenny took care of the rest of the incompetence quota, so there was probably no room left for TR to appear.
    If I remember correctly someone rationalized poachers not using pokeballs due to how they are electronically associated with individuals through the PC-storage system unless given to someone else (making them trackable to some degree) and limit an individual to 6 pokemon.

Also it seems like PC storage is a universal resource so if you poach a bunch of rare pokemon you can't necessarily just store them in the pc otherwise the police will simply confiscate them.

Of course there are situations where you see team rocket stealing giant bags of pokeballs but I would argue that thats possible because the pokeballs are technically electronically linked to different pokemon trainers.

Also I don't think the selling of pokemon is allowed in any situation pokeball or not. It doesn't match with the pokemon anime because of how cold and slave-like it makes pokemon.

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

This episode was kinda boring, though it's definitely better than the last episode. I'm glad that Team Rocket didn't show up for once and the battle was pretty decent imo. Ash is getting way too much spot light so far though imo. 6/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

This episode was way more refreshing than the boring episode from last week, loved that the episode focused on the Scatterbug line, them Vivillon were all so beautiful. The best thing about this episode NO TEAM ROCKET

I thought that this episode was okay. Nothing too special about it but no Team Rocket is always a plus. Decent filler. I guess.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Good episode but the unexplained absence of Team Rocket is troubling. As I mentioned somewhere else previously, their whole deal is trying to catch Pikachu and it is very unusual for them to not show up at all. (heh, whether you love em' or hate em') It is a change of pace to have a more standard villain for once but still difficult to digest given Jessie, James and Meowths track record.

Okay ep. Diggersby's dub voice is the only unique one i've heard in a few years given that PUSA doesn't put much effort into voice dubs.

I've realized that last week's ep they showcased Pancham, Pangoro, and Pumpkaboo and this week its Diggersby, Scatterbug, Spewpa and all the different-patterned Vivillon. I would think the animators would want to stretch the debuts thin by 1 pokemon per ep and fillers about past pokemon like they did during the Johto saga. Especially since 6th gen only has what 60-some pokes plus the mega-evos. Oh well. I guess they know what they're doing.
    Last edited by G4Pokefan; 5th April 2014 at 2:57 PM.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

French Officer Jenny: I always jump to conclusions...

Then how the hell did they let you become an officer? Because of your looks?

As for Clemont's explanation for evolution, he should have added this:

Clemont: When a certain level is reached, Pokemon evolve. When does that happen? Well, little Bonnie, that happens randomly during battles or when the plot demands it, giving a lot of frustration to the enemy party! Also, free Full Restore.

Anyway, that Wario guy sure had a fetish for Vivillon. This episode was made for the people who hunt down the patterns all the time. Speaking of patterns, Viola's pattern didn't show in the mass evolution scene.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast