Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Broken Yugioh Decks

Default Most Broken Yugioh Decks

I was trying to build a deck, I was trying to build a deck for fun and not choose one that is broken. I went looking online but the most recent thing I found was from last year in July so I thought that it would be useful to have discussion in the forums about which decks are ,for lack of a better word, broken.

I was wondering if these decks were good or bad or broken.

Fire Fists
    Evilswarm/Steelswarm
    Gemini
    Hazy Flame
    Fire King

Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

Yep those are all pretty brokugon, for optimal brokenness I suggest a prophecy deck or a dark world deck. The former being expensive and the latter being cheap, however.
    FC: 3239-4114-1992 Bug Safari, Pinsir. I'm looking for an unburden swirlix is anyone wants to be nice

Are they as bad as the blackwings?
    Last edited by X-Lucario; 15th January 2014 at 2:39 AM.

Credit:

Fire Fists and Evilswarms are hot right now, Bujins have been getting better and better with each set, and Spellbooks are still running around, too. There's also Noble Knights, Constellars, Gravekeepers are getting new support too in LVAL. I'm pretty sure Mermails and Inzektors are still good too
    uhh, heheh, harley davidson

Hmm I was afraid of that cuz I already have a fire fist deck I'm building but heard that it might be better than I expected. I might sound lame but I don't want a serious meta game deck, just a deck I can call my own and hopefully it is half decent.

Credit:

Fire fists and geargia are the strongest TCG legal decks atm, but the last 2 truely broken decks were judgment spellbooks and baby rulers.

Where do the blackwings currently stand?

Credit:

Blackwings are decent. Not Top Tier but you can win with them. They'd be a pretty good choice if you don't want meta but still want something that can win.

Huh that's odd blackwings is my current deck. I didn't ask about it originally because of that but i'd heard it no held the stature it had, which is alright for me cuz i just really like the cards. Would you beloeve it if i said i was already considering building a deck with them when i saw the first three after they came out? Though i wouldn't blame for not believing me. But I recently used it at a gathering of yugioh players, and some people may have groaned about it a little. So I was just curious about it is all.

Credit:

Blackwiings are good solely because of kalut mindgames and the ability to spam and still gain advantage with whirlwind. Certainly a decent contender. Fire Fists, Evilswarm, and Fire Kings are good. Hazy Flames, Gemini, and Steelswarm may be good budget decks and could be fun on a casual level.
    FC: 4468-2026-1764
    Click the Userbar to see a list of Pokemon for trade.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Lucario View Post
    Huh that's odd blackwings is my current deck. I didn't ask about it originally because of that but i'd heard it no held the stature it had, which is alright for me cuz i just really like the cards. Would you beloeve it if i said i was already considering building a deck with them when i saw the first three after they came out? Though i wouldn't blame for not believing me. But I recently used it at a gathering of yugioh players, and some people may have groaned about it a little. So I was just curious about it is all.
    I would completely believe you because so did I :P I used to love Blackwings and I had all 3 of the first ones and mixed them with Harpie Lady and Winged Beast cards to make an actually pretty decent deck for back then!

Addicted to running karakuri. It's about the only deck I have had any interest in playing for a while now, although a friend has told me about a sea lancer/ruler deck that has perked my interest.

Really Bored of TCG at the moment with it's Set 4/5 backrow mentality and really jealous of OCG with their recent F+L list update.

Baby rulers was such a good deck to run and the mirrors were mental, shame it had to go but also nessecary. It was that good the hate carried on into the next format haha.

Yeah so maybe ill think about either a steelswarm, Gemini or hazy flame deck just for casual play. And Crowley I ran mine in winged beast deck and for awhile in a dark based deck lol.

Credit:

So what do you think of the madoche (I probably didn't spell that right) you know the cupcakes that recycle themselves, I have played them several times and they can be pretty annoying. Not to mention they have a strategy that allows them to attack infinitely and if you have a strong monster on the field you lose, because of a card that inflicts damage whenever a madoche does battle and with the right cards the opponent takes no damage. At least that's a strategy that was used on me once.

Credit:

So what do you think of the madoche (I probably didn't spell that right) you know the cupcakes that recycle themselves, I have played them several times and they can be pretty annoying. Not to mention they have a strategy that allows them to attack infinitely and if you have a strong monster on the field you lose, because of a card that inflicts damage whenever a madoche does battle and with the right cards the opponent takes no damage. At least that's a strategy that was used on me once.
    the deck is good. very good once Madolche Angelly comes out. definitely a higher tiered deck imo.

tiraimisu is a VERY good card.

Quote Originally Posted by pupintheturd View Post
    the deck is good. very good once Madolche Angelly comes out. definitely a higher tiered deck imo.

tiraimisu is a VERY good card.
    Agreed that tiramisu is a good card, and that Angelly is going to improve the the efficiency. Already an annoying deck, one I prefer to call devil food cake decks.

Back in the day zombies, lightsworn, dark armed dragon and blackwings were really good. We already talked about the blackwings and assuming the rumors I've heard of dad(dark armed dragon) decks continued tyranny are true, how are the others?

Credit:

Agreed that tiramisu is a good card, and that Angelly is going to improve the the efficiency. Already an annoying deck, one I prefer to call devil food cake decks.

Back in the day zombies, lightsworn, dark armed dragon and blackwings were really good. We already talked about the blackwings and assuming the rumors I've heard of dad(dark armed dragon) decks continued tyranny are true, how are the others?
    Dark Armed Dragon as a card is still amazing and widely used but decks based around him are not really that good anymore. Lightsworn are just a deck based almost entirely on luck, but they are getting new stuff. And Zombies, it depends who you ask. Some people swear by them that they are awesome now and are going to get even better but most GOOD players I know anyway agree it will never be Top Tier pretty much ever.

That's good to know, but speaking of top tier what would be accepted as 'top tier'?

Credit:

Blackwing, Fire Fist, E-Dragon, E-Hero (IMO), Mermail/Atlantean, Constellar, 'Ilswarm, and with Primal Origins, Galaxy/Photon
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

That's good to know, but speaking of top tier what would be accepted as 'top tier'?
    Nothing is Tier 1 other than Fire Fist and Geargia really by definition. Maybe Spellbooks, Mermail, and a few others. Tier 1 actually has to have 1st place large tournament wins which things like Blackwings and Lightsworns don't have even 1 first place finish LATELY. Of course they have in the past.

Right here will give you an idea http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1169852

There are no official Tiers yet because there haven't been any biggest scale tournaments yet but if you scroll down a little more it shows all of the Regional Tops.

Well then as an opposite to my last question what are the abosolute worst archetypes? In you opinion of course.

Credit:

Well then as an opposite to my last question what are the abosolute worst archetypes? In you opinion of course.
    Mm the only really "bad" archetypes are ones that don't have like any support. Ice Barriers, despite their awesome Synchro monsters, are always considered one of the worst decks and a widely used joke in the Yugioh community. Although I am sure there are worse archetypes than Ice Barriers.

Duston, Morphtronic, Ojama, and Toon

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    Duston, Morphtronic, Ojama, and Toon
    All except toon are easily better than ice barriers.

I can actually work with Ice Barrier quite well. Throw in Cyber Shark and Diva, along with some good Water Xyz, and it can work quite well. It's more fo fun then anything for me, though, so I might try it on DN to see how well it goes up against the new stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast