Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindergarten Chaos (816)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    So Froakie gets no revenge against Sylveon? Okay, document this loss, people.

Attract users sure are the deadliest things to fight in the anime...
    If team rocket...wasnt being team rocket, I'm sure would have gotten a revenge battle.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

And any chance we thought Serena might come to the forefront of this episode with the shipping teases in the previews was quickly squashed. :/

In other news, Attract continues being the most broken move in the anime. Froakie heavily invokes his inner Treecko. And lastly Ash jumps onto a moving truck and nbd gets inside.

Really "meh" episode.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

I don't know guys... I'd be scared s***less if I saw a Beedrill in real life

Unless your name is Trip and you use Leaf Tornado or the fastest and smartest Frillish on the planet
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 16th January 2014 at 4:41 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Pretty much the standard "school of small kids" episode, with nothing to really set it apart from the rest. Only really the reveal of the fairy type makes it important.

I guess Froakie got a little character development in this one, but seriously, when's the last time the gender of one of Ash's pokemon was confirmed without the aid of Attract? Or, for that matter, by Attract failing?
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

I wait for the day when there's a wild Beedrill that isn't a xenophobic jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    Or, for that matter, by Attract failing?
    episode when Oak caught Rotom

Kinda surprised at how this episode started off, I figured they'd build into the battle more rather than kick the episode off with it, and for real they don't give much hype on the fairy element?

hopefully they will rectify that down the road.

You know it makes me wonder why they even bothered to name the episode Sylveon vs Froakie, when the titular battle was in the first 2 minutes at best.

Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    You know it makes me wonder why they even bothered to name the episode Sylveon vs Froakie, when the titular battle was in the first 2 minutes at best.
    Happens all the time with other anime titles. Perhaps the Japanese make it a trend or they just like to attract people with it.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

They've done that in the past before in the Jaqpanese titles.

Serena does has a small crush on Ash

Happens all the time with other anime titles. Perhaps the Japanese make it a trend or they just like to attract people with it.
    Oh ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    They've done that in the past before in the Jaqpanese titles.
    Yeah, it annoyed me then and it still annoys me now.

Oh ha ha.

Yeah, it annoyed me then and it still annoys me now.
    That's why I'm more favor of the english titles, they might not be the best, but at least they're not confusing or misleading to most. When the dub catches up, The title will just be: Commotion in thr Kindergarten or what the episode was really about.
    Last edited by Hero of Ideals; 16th January 2014 at 5:59 PM.

Overall it was an okay episode. It wasn't the best XY episode we have had so far but it wasn't the worst either.

Some highlights:
    - Premier: Man, I love her design!
    - the little girl who was playing with Clemont's glasses (lol)
    - Bonnie was absolutely adorable in this episode! Her Jap VA is brilliant
    - When Sylveon offered Froakie pokemon food and he refused with a blush

I didn't like the Lundi kid very much and I found his reason for being afraid of pokemon to be very strange. Also, it was nice to see Fennekin again but we need MORE of her!
    I also hated how the preview made it seem like it would be a shippy episode when it was not. Trying to pull in viewers much?
    Not that I was expectig anything but still...

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Great episode yet again.

The battle was good, even though Ash lost. This is what i like about XY, Ash doesn't always win but the battles make it seem like he's genuinely doing well and loses to a better/stronger trainer.

Serena's jealousy was funny, besides Misty in Movie 2, this is the first time a female is actually showing genuine jealousy to another girl and it seems almost confirmed to carry on through the saga as it's obvious how she is with him.

Sylveon's still a little creepy, really can't get over the bow attached to it. Also, Team Rocket did a terrible job in this episode. Seriously, they kidnapped the Pokemon, and blasted off within a matter of seconds. I'd like to see some serious tough battles like in XY008 again, although to be fair this episode was quite packed so it would have been tough to do so.

Good episode, 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    I feel like XY got a bit more hype than BW at the start, but has lost momentum way faster it seems.
    This remark caught my eye, why do you think so? I think people were used to the short gaps in BW (except for the half year one between Castelia-Nimbasa) but it feels they're doing a big gap between Viola and Grant gyms just like in the games.

I don't think XY is losing momentum, cool things are coming in the next months, potential rival for Ash, Diantha, Battle Chateau, Malamar, possible TF hint, Mega Lucario, Grant's gym etc.. I'm also interested in the Pichu and Snorlax episodes lol

Anyway this was an okay episode, I'd like for Premier to be a recurring character but I don't think she'll be one, XY Ash is awesome. 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    This remark caught my eye, why do you think so? I think people were used to the short gaps in BW (except for the half year one between Castelia-Nimbasa) but it feels they're doing a big gap between Viola and Grant gyms just like in the games.

I don't think XY is losing momentum, cool things are coming in the next months, potential rival for Ash, Diantha, Battle Chateau, Malamar, possible TF hint, Mega Lucario, Grant's gym etc..

Anyway this was an okay episode, I'd like for Premier to be a recurring character but I don't think she'll be one, XY Ash is awesome. 7/10
    Some many only came for the promise of the shipping, now that its not coming fast and heavy they're expressing their dissapointment.

So Froakie gets no revenge against Sylveon? Okay, document this loss, people.

It's like the Gods thought Ash should get a little karma for spamming that attack whenever he could with Snivy. Froakie was dominating the match until getting OHKO by a damn kiss.

I liked the episode, I don't see why people are getting down because of it seeming boring, we got 12 episodes of overall development for each of the characters, now we're in filler season for a little bit, it was inevitable.

OH ALSO:

Really liked how the writers are sticking with Ash being more experienced in this saga mentioning Espeon and referring to how he 'knew' it would be an Eevee Evolution.

and there was even a ash vs premier vs screen, seriously are they putting every battle with a vs screen. i think this is the first time they did for the whole xy series

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    and there was even a ash vs premier vs screen, seriously are they putting every battle with a vs screen. i think this is the first time they did for the whole xy series
    Too bad said battle lasted a good minute.

It's like making a VS screen when eating food during a food break scene.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    I think just major or important ones, like gym battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I think just major or important ones, like gym battles.
    I don't think so. This battle was very short and insignificant in the long run. It seems it's for every fight.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

This episode was cute, I guess. It was hardly the most original filler episode, but still somewhat enjoyable. I was stunned that Bonnie apparently knew about Dedenne being a Fairy-type all along; I was afraid that it would be revealed to Ash in passing, and yet it was and he acted almost indifferently towards that bit of information. Whatever. I giggled when Serena panicked over Premiere's request before the battle started; she was so endearing. I also liked Froakie's battle with Sylveon; I still think Sylveon put up a better fight in general, but the animation was amazing and Froakie's use of apples, although a questionable tactic, was cool. Too bad about Attract and Draining Kiss though. I loved how Froakie sort of hopped away when the kindergarteners noticed him. Also, while Premiere was talking to that old woman, I noticed that a little boy kept rubbing Ash's hand. Awkward. Not to mention that little girl who was tugging on Clemont's glasses; those kids needed to keep their hands to themselves. And I liked how Bonnie sort of hopped towards Ash and the other kindergarteners, and seeing Meowth fall in love with Sylveon was unexpected. I liked how Froakie refused to take food that Sylveon offered him too; if she had beaten me, I would've had the same reaction. I liked how Lundi was introduced, although I was pressed that I had been pronouncing the name wrong. Anyway, I cackled @ Beedrill being the source of Lundi's Pokemon phobia; why is my good sis Beedrill always the bad guy? I screamed when Team Rocket arrived because Jessie's disguise reminded me of Lyra. Seeing Bunnelby lift Froakie onto Team Rocket's truck was somewhat funny too. At first I was glad that Fletching followed after TR's truck, but seeing him fail at doing that left a bitter taste in my mouth. He's always thwarted. I was surprised that Ash and Froakie tried so hard to save Sylveon instead of focusing their efforts on Pikachu first, but whatever. Also, Sylveon petting Lundi's head with her ribbon/feeler thing creeped me out. Froakie's reaction to Sylveon "rubbing" herself on him was funny; it shows that Froakie can be a comedic relief Pokemon when the writers want him to be. Team Rocket's blast off scene was reductive as usual, but I realized how fancy Premiere's car was when she arrived at the warehouse; how did she afford that with her teaching salary? I'm getting Walter White vibes from her. Anyway, I'm glad Serena's jealousy thing didn't take up the whole episode, but at the same time, I was upset that she didn't do much of anything throughout the episode at all, same goes for Clemont. It was still a decent episode though.

If I'm not mistaken Sylveon knew Attract, Draining Kiss, Moonblast, and Dazzling Gleam? I'm not sure of the last but it was when it whipped it's feeler bows and shiny stuff hit Froakie(not apple scene).

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Some many only came for the promise of the shipping, now that its not coming fast and heavy they're expressing their dissapointment.
    I came for the battles, myself.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast