Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kindergarten Chaos (816)

Beginning of the battle was good and Premier made Serena blush that Premier noticed she has a crush on Ash and I can't understand how Serena got jealous after the battle I'm glad Premier wasn't trying to steal Ash after Ash lost it must be the first time ever the female Pokemon kissed to the male Pokemon, I don't understand why the writers made Meowth has to amorous with Sylveon because she isn't a feline, I liked the writers making Ash being more experience and I'm glad fairy type is finally mentioned, I thought Lundi was scared of Pokemon but when the flashback was shown in this episode he wasn't always scared of Pokemon the Beedrill caused Lundi to be scared of Pokemon, I thought Ash's Froakie was focusing on saving Pikachu first before Sylveon, this episode was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Sylveon knew Attract, Draining Kiss, Moonblast, and Dazzling Gleam? I'm not sure of the last but it was when it whipped it's feeler bows and shiny stuff hit Froakie(not apple scene).
    Fairy Wind, Moonblast, Attract and Draining Kiss actually. Confirmed in the Pokemon Move Catalog thread.

Well, it looks like they are making froakie out to be the "cool bad boy" archetype as opposed to oshawott's "derp and forever alone" archetype....when sylveon nuzzled close to him and he was like "get away!" that was classic...froakie gets all the chicks lol...anyways, I almost thought that toy near the beginning was an actual teddy bear....then I realized it was a growlithe XD
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Some many only came for the promise of the shipping, now that its not coming fast and heavy they're expressing their dissapointment.
    For real? I'm not here for Pokémon being that kind of series... I thought this anime belonged to the action genre lol well I like there's a bit of shipping but I'm here for the battles, characters, plot, lil bit of comedy and such...

Empty promises of shipping to lure in viewers. Never saw that coming.

And Team Plot Device continues its good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    I think just major or important ones, like gym battles.
    i might think they will be putting the vs screen whenever a battle is made. not just for the gym leaders but maybe also on trainers like the one we have for premier.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    For real? I'm not here for Pokémon being that kind of series... I thought this anime belonged to the action genre lol well I like there's a bit of shipping but I'm here for the battles, characters, plot, lil bit of comedy and such...
    Not that I need Pokemon to have romance in it, but even if a show belongs into an action genre it doesn't mean it can't have romance in it. Pretty much every single american super hero has a love interest for example.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Well, it looks like they are making froakie out to be the "cool bad boy" archetype as opposed to oshawott's "derp and forever alone" archetype....when sylveon nuzzled close to him and he was like "get away!" that was classic
    Froakie had so many comedic moments in this episode, so I don't see how that makes him any better than Oshawott. Not to mention, he lost against Sylveon in one of the most embarrassing ways possible regardless of his "coolness."

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Not that I need Pokemon to have romance in it, but even if a show belongs into an action genre it doesn't mean it can't have romance in it. Pretty much every single american super hero has a love interest for example.
    Alas, if only Ash were an American superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post

Alas, if only Ash were an American superhero.
    Well as of this episode, people consider him some OP Superman-esuque Mary Sue who is such because he stopped Team Rocket.

Ash has never done that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Froakie had so many comedic moments in this episode, so I don't see how that makes him any better than Oshawott. Not to mention, he lost against Sylveon in one of the most embarrassing ways possible regardless of his "coolness."
    Froakie is serious by nature but can still experience embarrasing things, he's a character with many sides, not a machine. I thought him standing on the side lines all cross armed and quiet and being upset about losing later in the ep would put an end to all Oshawott comparisons and comments about him being a comic relief character if anything.

Also, losing to Attract isn't embarrassing, it's just hax. Luck. BS.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 17th January 2014 at 1:13 AM.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

So much of Premier's crushing on Ash, huh? The battle was short, but is it true that Serena show some jealousy in this episode?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Not going to lie, though he lost Froakie was a BAMF. That exchange after dodging the Moonblast and kicking the apples to distract Sylveon. Amazing.
    Plot has been used and even though it was filler, Froakie getting some character development and Serena freaking over Premier was nice. I hope we see Premier again (I'm really liking the COTDs in XY).
    Also Ash being a badass and casually strolling into the truck.
    7.7/10 for me

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    So much of Premier's crushing on Ash, huh? The battle was short, but is it true that Serena show some jealousy in this episode?
    Serena seemed worried when she mis-interpreted Premiere's request at the start of the battle. She seemed to be under the impression that Premiere wanted to "go out" with Ash when instead she just wanted him to go with her to the kindergarten if he lost. So yeah, she seemed worried that Ash would have to date Premiere, which could be taken to mean that she was jealous.

Hmm, this episode was kinda like the last one for me, rather boring. I see Fairy Type Pokemon are being made into a big deal. I suppose it's not needed when we got Mega Pokemon in the same generation. But anyway this was a filler at it's fillerist, if that is even a word. I did enjoy Froakie in the episode, we got to see his personality some more. Glad to see he's really not just going to be a Treecko clone. I was somewhat worried Froakie would be that but in all his episodes he's proven otherwise. I enjoy Froakie and his loss against Sylveon was rather comical then serious, because before the Attract kicked in Froakie was mostly in control.

The Blonde Brigade are starting to fade into the background during the fillers when we get to the action stages where only Ash is allowed to do something heroic. I saw it coming but it doesn't make it anymore disappointing as these lively characters are slowly starting to lose their luster for me. To be fair this was just a average filler where no character gets strong spotlight and those fillers always go to Ash, that's probably why I didn't care much for this episode. I hope the next episode is better.

I will say this, with Team Rocket attacking that school, I bet half those kids grow up never trusting circus people again.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Lundi's trauma is so boring. Would it be so hard to make his reason for fearing pokemon something more interesting being attacked by a tyranitar or a gyarados capsizing his boat or something? I mean a hoppip...really?

Lundi's trauma is so boring. Would it be so hard to make his reason for fearing pokemon something more interesting being attacked by a tyranitar or a gyarados capsizing his boat or something? I mean a hoppip...really?
    Should've been an Paul's Ursaring.

he was only traumatized if only not for the beedrill or else i think he might don't have a trauma with a pokemon.

I liked this episode. Froakie and Sylveon's fight was good for it not being that important, and I'm glad that Froakie got to stay out of his Pokeball and do stuff in the plot to make up for the loss. If anything, I like him more after this episode. It was nice to have Fletchling participate too.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

@raigeki333: Lundi was traumatized because he thought the Hoppip attacked him, when he didn't realize that a Beedrill was right behind him.

Anyways, I liked this episode.

First off, Serena's jealousy wasn't really the selling point for me anyway. Obviously since it only lasted practically a minute or two of the episode. But it's nice to see that she does have concerns for Ash, and who he's with. (Mainly cute girls, like Premier in this case.)

Anyways, what made the episode pretty good in my opinion, was the character development Froakie got. Sure, he lost his battle against Sylveon due to Attract being "broken" as you guys say, but he did get a good hit in at least, and at least we know he does have battle capabilities against foes that are evolved of such.

Not to mention, even after he was defeated by Sylveon, Froakie still shows an area of defiance for losing, much like Treecko in some cases. I like him for that. His relationship with Sylveon was pretty funny too.

Did anyone else notice when Sylveon offered Froakie food, he turned away and blushed a little. Don't know if what Ash of Premier's dialogue relates to that situation, but I found it nice. Especially when Sylveon cuddles with Froakie, making him blush again.

So, this in sense was a good development episode on Froakie's part. Glad all the Pokémon get screen time too. Especially Fletchling, since the regional bird has tended to be overlooked in the anime in the last series. *shot*

Question about that, if the show was implying that the kid thought Hoppip attacked just out of spite, how would the Beedrill appear in the flashback? It doesn't show him noticing it, how would he have remembered it was there?

I was surprised we didn't get a Bonnie finding Clemont a wife joke, which shows some nice restraint. The writers seems to be more conscious about not running gags into the ground this time around.

Also, I appreciate that they're slow-building Serena's development and not having her be perfectly comfortable as a trainer right away, but her and Fennekin really have not done much for a few episodes now. Unlike Iris, they don't have the suspense surrounding who she is, we already know her mystery. I hope its building to something but I find the lack of foreshadowing for anything pertaining to her character a little disconcerting.

An ok episode and I can't complain about a decent battle, but the whole lonely kid not liking Pokemon thing has kind of been done to death.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Question about that, if the show was implying that the kid thought Hoppip attacked just out of spite, how would the Beedrill appear in the flashback? It doesn't show him noticing it, how would he have remembered it was there?
    I noticed that glaring plot hole too. I personally felt that the writers were blaming Beedrill for the entire thing simply because the species has such a bad reputation on the show already. Poor Beedrill can't catch a break. Also, the whole thing with Hoppip blowing wind at Lundi to defend itself seems like a lame reason for Lundi to be afraid of Pokemon anyway. I mean was getting hit with a gust of wind really that bad?

It sure isn't "getting nearly trampled by Walrien" like poor Tori, so I can't sympathize with the kid all that much. He should probably just be less of a sissy.

Pretty decent episode. I liked seeing competent Ash remain, even with his loss against Sylveon. Ash referencing Espeon was great. Too bad he never got one in Johto

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post

All flashbacks have stuff in them that the flashbacker could not possibly have known.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    It sure isn't "getting nearly trampled by Walrien" like poor Tori, so I can't sympathize with the kid all that much. He should probably just be less of a sissy.
    Please never reproduce.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast