Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lack of Kalos Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Star View Post
    The lack of Pokémon itself didn't bother me much. What genuinely bothered me how the only cross-gen regular evolution was Sylveon the Eeveelution. I can't be the only person who thinks there are too many Eeveelutions now, right?
    if pokemon continues most likely we will have one eeveelution for every type....
    they chose to introduce an eeveelution in order to promote the fairy type.... they knew that the new type will cause controversy that why the chose the most fan favorite pokemon eevee.... i know from the forum that there are people who agree with u but the majority pretty much loves and wants more eeveelutions...
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 20th January 2014 at 5:31 PM.
    3883-6008-7187

I don't really mind the lack of new Pokémon, so I'm in the minority here.

To admit, I think it's funny when the fans go into denial and say things like "therez more but htye gonna be dlc!!!!1!!1!11!" and "just wait 4 Z!!!111!".

Well, my general thinking is this:
    I'd rather have a smaller number of Pokemon that would be really good at competitive battling than a bunch of Pokemon and only a few be good at competitive battling.

But that's just me.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I wasn't bothered at all by the 'small' number of new Pokemon. It was really only small relative to the number added in past generations.

The only thing that was flawed IMO was the distribution of them throughout the game and how low of a chance you had of running into some of them. I missed out on many new Pokemon playing through the game solely because I didn't even run into them when I spent time in the route.

Like, I didn't even run into an Inkay until post-game.
    ~ ~
    ---

~Original Image from pixiv~

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Star View Post
    The lack of Pokémon itself didn't bother me much. What genuinely bothered me how the only cross-gen regular evolution was Sylveon the Eeveelution. I can't be the only person who thinks there are too many Eeveelutions now, right?
    What's the problem? Eevee is supposed to be the "Evolution Pokémon". Stopping giving him more evolutions wouldn't make any sense, specially when it's said he evolves depending on its environment.

69 pfft

To be honest it doesn't really matter to me. The only problem that it poses for me is the fact that fans are so controversial about. Either its the fan trying to defend it, or the fans complaining about it.

and there's those idiots that only like the first gen //sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Mintt View Post
    69 pfft

To be honest it doesn't really matter to me. The only problem that it poses for me is the fact that fans are so controversial about. Either its the fan trying to defend it, or the fans complaining about it.

and there's those idiots that only like the first gen //sigh
    Which means either way you look at it, it won't change. You have 2 sides to every story, but sometimes both are wrong or 1 is right and the other won't accept it. We can talk all we won't but, game freak isn't listening to our ideas. It's all about there ideas.

I'd rather have GameFreak put only their best designs and best work into a game than try to fill it with some needless schlockmons in an attempt to hit some arbitrary threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by castlewars View Post
    OK, so we know that Ken Sugimori had artist's block when trying to design Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde, so he enlisted the help of his co-workers to complete the designs.

I'm sure that this principle applies to the others as well. Sugimori might have had artist's block with them and/or is running short of ideas.
    Sugimori isn't the only Pokemon designer working for GameFreak; he's part of a team. He has final approval over the designs, but doesn't create every design himself.

I think they dropped the new Pokemon count simply because of the sheer overwhelming amount of legendaries alone we got in gens 4-5. They introduced a new type and a new type of evolution which I feel was the perfect amount of new 'mon content this gen. Not to mention the Kalos Dex is HUGE. The point was probably to have a diverse mix of old and new Pokemon and adding too many new ones would take away from all the cool features that are in the games, from things as simple as bench sitting and items you can get from wild encounters to big things like the graphics, Pokemon Amie and Super Training. We're at 700 something now and 69-73 or so new Pokemon is more than enough with everything else that was added.
    I find your lack of PerfectWorldShipping disturbing

Just my two cents, but I'm fine with the amount we got this time. Hell, I'm glad we're still getting new games and Pokemon. I think the smaller number is, as it already has been stated, due to the number we already have. If it only were just the 69 obtainable in the game, without previous generations mixed in like they are, then there might be an issue. But I like what we have, and I'd rather this batch be like it is, as opposed to some of last generation's stars. *coughGarbodorcough*
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

I'm perfectly fine with it. Gen VI provided a nice selection of Pokémon both design-wise and competitive-wise (bar Dedenne & maybe Carbink). I loved the release of more normal-type Pokémon with a secondary type like Heliolisk, Diggersby & Pyroar. Also, there's some nice non-legendary, non-"pseudo-legendary" dragons (Dragalge, Tyrantrum, Noivern). I hated that Dragon-type Pokémon were mostly legendaries or pseudos bar 5 families (Kingdra, Flygon, Altaria, Druddigon & Haxorus).. not even a full team. Same with the focus on Ghost types like Gourgeist, Trevenant & Aegislash.

Also, Gen V was the gen of Bug, Dark & Steel, so I understand the lack of those types this time around and appreciate what's changed. Esp. the lack of Water & Normal types.
    Last edited by GreenEyes; 20th January 2014 at 11:54 PM.
    Let's go back to Edo... Together

The way the developers undoubtedly see it, and the way I see it is that, even though it's a new feature and they have the same dex number, Mega Evolutions are in essence a new Pokémon.

Think about it:
    Brand new designs
    New types, stats, abilities

As such, when you add the 30 Mega Evolutions to the 71 new Pokémon, you get 101, which is just above Gen 2 in the amount of Pokémon.

Now I know they technically don't count, but they definitely factored into the developmental and design process as well as working out balance as new Pokémon.

I think that MOST of the poke moms designs make up for the lack of the pokemon,and the shinies (awesome this gen)

Also make up for the lack,I mean a brown and white dedenne? Who'd of thought of that!
    I was hacked about a month ago,Ilost my account on the BMGF Forums,And,I was caught up in a difficult time in my life,please excuse my abscence.

I feel like this Gen's designs were way better than some previous ones. I also feel like that every gen 6 Pokémon looks like it was made for 3D, as all of them look good in it. I can't say the same for previous gen Pokémon, as some of them just don't fit with 3D (Metagross, Swampert, and Stunfisk to name a few), but others look amazing in 3D, such as Conkeldurr.

To answer the question, no, I'm not disappointed that we only have 69 (lol) new Pokémon. Plus, taking into account mega evolutions and the Pumpkaboo/Goirgeist forms (yes, they are different aside from looks), it equates to over a hundred.

If we count mega evolutions as actual pokemon (which we should, they would take as much dev time as say, mamoswine or yanmega) then that leaves us with over 90, include unreleased mega pokemon and the 3 event pokemon we probibly have over 100, more than jhoto,

Also quality over quantity
    3DS FC: 1032 1220 0348 Fighting type safari

BlackList: The following members have ripped me off in trades and I suggest you do not trade with them.
    Member: Rainy BlueFoxie - FC 1848 2512 2833 - In Game Name: Rainy

I had a problem with it until i realized just how many Pokémon there are already.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    The way the developers undoubtedly see it, and the way I see it is that, even though it's a new feature and they have the same dex number, Mega Evolutions are in essence a new Pokémon.

Think about it:
    Brand new designs
    New types, stats, abilities

As such, when you add the 30 Mega Evolutions to the 71 new Pokémon, you get 101, which is just above Gen 2 in the amount of Pokémon.

Now I know they technically don't count, but they definitely factored into the developmental and design process as well as working out balance as new Pokémon.
    Very true, but personally, I consider them to simply be the next level of forme-based changes which is the direction they've been heading in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    I don't really mind the lack of new Pokémon, so I'm in the minority here.

To admit, I think it's funny when the fans go into denial and say things like "therez more but htye gonna be dlc!!!!1!!1!11!" and "just wait 4 Z!!!111!".
    more funny is your comment cause we already have leaks of 3 more legendaries and the mega latias ..... not saying that is certain that they will add more but at least their hopes has some basis
    and its not too farfetched to believe that in pokemon z or hoen remakes (if they will) we might have some new megas....
    and also the majority in the thread states they are cool with the number...
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 21st January 2014 at 1:12 AM.
    3883-6008-7187

I honestly don't mind too much the fact that there are fewer new pokemon this gen (hell, one of them just became my new all-time favorite pokemon), but I'd like to say this: just because there's less of 'em, doesn't mean that the creators went for quality over quantity, like some people keep saying in their defense.

This gen has its own share of junkies as well, just like any other (Carbink, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Dedenne and Avalugg, just to mention the most obvious ones).
    Last edited by Absol Wings; 21st January 2014 at 1:36 AM.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I personally think it is fine that GF didn't release a bunch of Pokémon this time round. I mean, I was a little surprised at the lack of new Pokémon, and would have loved there having been even more, but I am content with the batch we got this time around. There isn't a single Kalos Pokémon (that I can think of) that I don't at least like in some sense. What I think is ironic is that people were complaining about them releasing 150 new Pokémon in B/W and saying that "the designs are terrible" and "Gen 1 was best" (but that's another story altogether), and then X/Y come out and people are complaining about the lack of Pokémon EVEN THOUGH (imo) the designs may be some of the best we have ever gotten for Pokémon games.

I do agree that the type distribution could have been a little better, but really, I personally don't really care. I like the designs of the new Pokémon, and that's all that matters to me. I mean, we got a new Fairy type (which at first I thought was kinda dumb, I admit, but I turned out loving it); got some Pokémon including Sylveon, Xerneas, and the like. I mean, what's not to love about this gen's Pokémon???

Now, this is all just my opinion, so you don't have to agree. Just my two cents. ^_^
    Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there... ~ The Real World by Owl City

Thumbs down

Introducing only 69 Pokemons was a huge mistake done by GF. It's clear that the ammount is so low because of the Mega-Evolutions, which are 28 on total. So, if you consider the total, they designed 97 monsters in the end. I would sacrifice all these Mega-Evolutions for new species or Pokemons that were related to the previous generations.

If they wanted a nostalgic feel in the game, they could make previous Pokemons available on routes, create pre-evo and evolution for ancient Pokemons. It is a standard that works and we all love it. I got very disappointed when I saw Kalos Pokedex and noticed that Sylveon was the only Kalos' Pokemon related to a Pokemon from a previous Gen. I accepted that in Unova because that region was said to be very far from the others, but again in Kalos?

Another problem on having introduced so few Pokemons is that the Pokedex become limited and unbalanced. You lack options to make a good team, so GF is forced to make Pokemons of other regions available in the routes. By introducing the fairy type, they should have worried a lot on type diversity, so we would have more ways to interact the types and get used to the type chart. But what does GF do? They introduce Mega-Evolutions, which mostly deal with stats and abilities.

I'm surprised we had only 1 eeveelution this generation. Considering Eevee had gained 2 evolutions all the time he gained and their types interact somehow, after they announced that Sylveon was fairy type and fairy was in advantage against dragon, I really wanted that there was going to have a dragon type eevelution in this generation. But no, there wasn't. The designers wasted their time on making badass-forms for previous Pokemons instead creating new ones.

In short, Gen VI doesn't have the essense of previous Gens. Beware of next generations, chances are high we'll have around new 60 Pokemons and around 25 Mega Evolutions because they started to lack ideas to create new stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    If they gave us too many pokemon they would have run out of ideas honestly.
    This is not true. By having many Pokemons doesn't mean that they'll suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    I am just saying, the more pokemon, the less intelligent the design is going to be.
    Again another non-sense argument. Quaility doesn't depend on quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    And honestly, I think some of you are confusing bad designs with simple designs. Grimer, Muk and Ditto are simple designs based off a very simple concept: slime. It's a cliche idea, but it works.
    Yes, Hidden Power, they're confusing. 75% of users in here are kids, so they're not mature enough for discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    I'm surprised we had only 1 eeveelution this generation. Considering Eevee had gained 2 evolutions all the time he gained and their types interact somehow, after they announced that Sylveon was fairy type and fairy was in advantage against dragon, I really wanted that there was going to have a dragon type eevelution in this generation. But no, there wasn't. The designers wasted their time on making badass-forms for previous Pokemons instead creating new ones.
    I will admit, I was also surprised there was only one new Eeveelution but I understand why it was like that. The focus was to promote the new Fairy type as well as Pokémon Amie, just like the stones of Gen I, day/night in Gen 2 and the location-based mechanics in Gen 4.

It would have been cool to have another Eeveelution (especially a Dragon type) but the only other type I could see would probably be Fighting considering it could promote the Super Training function (I guess Eevee hits the bag a lot and levels up after learning a fighting move to mirror the method?).

I agree completely I was doing my boxes earlier seperating some Pokemon by generation and when I got to kalos I didnt even get 2 boxes full o.0

IGN: Alexis
    NEW FC: 1865-1370-9179
    I FINALLY HAVE MY DS!!
    TRADE SHOP NOW OPEN!! Please click here and trade me!

The lack of pokemon is kind of dissapointing, but not terrible. Yes i would have liked around 100+ new pokemon, but what are you gonna do? However, as much as I like mega pokemon I do think that it would have been better to get more pokemon, even new evolutions. Mega pokemon are cool don't get me wrong, but that doesn't warrant having a mere 69 new pokemon. I would have liked to have seen a few pokemon that were just plain old evolutions of pokemon from previous generations, like they had in gen 4. Overall, I don't think they realeased so few because they were worried about running out of ideas, because as long as there is at least one creative person at gamefreak there will be new pokemon and i think that we have enough pokemon. Just ask yourself do you want loads of pokemon with terrible designs or less with the varied and unique designs, like we got this generation? I know whihc one i would pick.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

mega evo 's are suppost to count as new pokemon

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    mega evo 's are suppost to count as new pokemon
    No, they don't count as new Pokemon because they're just an alternate form of old Pokemons.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast