Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lack of Kalos Pokemon

Aw, man, I liked the fact there were only 69 new pokemon.

And most of the pokemon I encountered were also lots of older pokemon. I kind of skipped out on the BW/2 games so I was also learning about those pokemon. I also, REALLY like Scrafty's design, personally, mainly because I love mohawks, and punk rock stuff, and now I finally have an excuse to have a punk-rock themed team(complete with Punk band nicknames).

I am not a "Genwunner", even though I started out with the original Pokemon Red(My favorite gen was Third Gen.) I was super excited to see a lot of pokemon from every game featured in the original X and Y before the Pokemon bank was even announced. It was a good mix. And some people just can't ever be satisfied, and will always find something to complain about. It's too many, or too few, it isn't meeting the expectation of the prior gen... also you have to think, they seriously had to model and animate(some pokemon from the other 3d games needed a reskin and new rigs) every. Single. Pokemon. 718(not including the unreleased pokemon found, and the mega evolves) 3d models with about 4-6 animations a piece...
    Check out my Twitch channel for Pokemon viewer battles and giveaways!
        Spoiler:

I personally was disappointed with the low number of new pokemon, especially because I actually didn't like the majority of new pokemon designs (there are probably only around 8 pokemon I really liked from X/Y). The mega evolutions designs and whole system didn't do appeal to me, I disliked it for many reasons.

I prefer when gens introduce more new pokemon to us (for me, every new gen could introduce 150 new pokemon, just alone for the fact that I so enjoy seeing and learning about new pokemon). Which is why B/W is one of my favorite gens. Not only did it bring us many new pokemon, but I even liked the majority of the new pokemon designs, many have even made it on my favorite pokemon list.

So of course I am hoping for the next gen to bring us many new pokemon again.
    My Pokemon Y Team

The only thing out of the new Kalos Pokemon I'm not fond of is the single eeveelution. They made the fairy type, but we still have yet to fill up the other missing types. I mean sure, they may be running out of ideas but isn't there always supposed to be one new eeveelution to triumph over another or something like that? And Sylveon... I like that they added a fairy type, but it's design seems a bit off... I'd much rather have something else or a pre-eeveelution. Maybe something like two crossbreeds that created Eevee? That could be cool. :b

I actually like that the focus of X/Y was NOT the new Pokemon. To me, it seemed like previous games had the hook of "Go out there and catch the gazillion new Pokemon we added". In X and Y, it seemed like the focus was on the Mega Evolutions and the 3D aspect of it.
    My Slurpuff brings all the boys to the yard.

My Pokemon X Friend Code: 3437-3423-6333
    My Friend Safari: Bibarel, Gyarados, Frogadier
    Currently looking for Ditto, but will accept any friend requests at the moment! Just PM me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Meillquei View Post
    I actually like that the focus of X/Y was NOT the new Pokemon. To me, it seemed like previous games had the hook of "Go out there and catch the gazillion new Pokemon we added". In X and Y, it seemed like the focus was on the Mega Evolutions and the 3D aspect of it.
    IMHO New Pokémon > the unnecessary Mega Evolutions.

The 3D aspect is all that mattered though. It's a game about beauty, it was designed to be shallow.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

I think I saw a chart somewhere that juxtaposed the unique new Pokemon, not counting new evolutions and Mega-Evolutions, from Gen IV and Gen VI and it turned that they had a similar number of new Sinnoh/Kalos Pokemon. Which I think was enlightening. When I looked at it from that perspective I wasn't really bothered anymore. The lack of permanence to the Mega-Evolutions and the fact that you can only have 1 per team I think is what hurt this Gen more than anything. Gen VI had a lot of previous Pokemon in it, but so many got new evolutions that made the new evolutions feel more associated with that Gen rather than just an item boost.

It's particularly striking for me in that I typically reserve a box for my favorite Pokemon from each Gen, and Kalos is the only one where the box isn't full. I've moved some around, so Pokemon with new evolutions but where introduced in an early Gen might be boxed in their original Gen so it balances out. However, Gen VI does not even have that.

Still, I was a bit annoyed at first but I'm over it now. I like most of Gen VI and there are literally hundreds of other past ones that I have more than enough to keep me busy. Just don't like it happen again is all I would say, especially with the creation of Bank now old Pokemon in new regions is going to be less appealing to capture.

Have any of you guys seen mr. Masudas extra 37 Pokemon in his pokedex.
    Source:http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2014/0...html?a001=news
    Catch a wyrmeon and it will grant your wildest dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Man, some of these Mega Evolutions are impressive.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The only odd thing about this gen is that Sylveon is the only pre-gen evolution. I hope for some more pre-evolutions, baby Pokémon etc.
    I get that mega evolutions took over a proper evolution of some Pokémon, but by adding a pre-evo, certain Pokémon would have a solid line imo.
    Last edited by JW1004; 8th March 2014 at 9:49 AM.

the maker of pokemon his gamecard says he has 758 pokemon no1 knows if he is joking or a typo on the picture but if its true then there must be a update coming

Quote Originally Posted by sheld999 View Post
    the maker of pokemon his gamecard says he has 758 pokemon no1 knows if he is joking or a typo on the picture but if its true then there must be a update coming
    No, we know definitively, it's a joke. People can stop overreacting now.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. Let's be honest here and say that while gen 1 had 151 Pokemon, most of them sucked, Diglett, Voltorb and electrode, the starters were unoriginal , pidgey, Ratata ect. Gen 6 has 69, but the only one I deem unoriginal or stupid is furfrou. Thus gen had the best Pokemon rooster, and the megas were awesome too.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

I have no real complaints - gen 6 for me has felt a lot like a balancing generation (well,outside megas).Everything that has been added appear to be built with 5th gen flaws in mind,and not for the sake of being there.
    None of them are truly forgettable,which has been the case in the past for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. Let's be honest here and say that while gen 1 had 151 Pokemon, most of them sucked, Diglett, Voltorb and electrode, the starters were unoriginal , pidgey, Ratata ect. Gen 6 has 69, but the only one I deem unoriginal or stupid is furfrou. Thus gen had the best Pokemon rooster, and the megas were awesome too.
    Until you realise that a healthy furfrou given a turn to set up can wall almost every physical attacker in the game (and can confortably take Machamp dynamic punches ).Also,it gets alt forms.Doesn't get much more original than a poodle wearing a top hat

What I liked was that pretty much every Pokemon had something to make them stand out. Furfrou is kind of dumb looking, but it least it has a bunch of different forms and a cool ability so it's not just some forgettable Normal type. Really, the only gen 6 Pokemon I ever forget exists is Dedenne.
    AS:

Maybe there weren't a lot of pokemon created in this gen, but there has been a lot more. It is a new region, it is a new world and a lot of people is complaining about the lack of new pokemon, but we got so many things such as Mega evolution, the 3D model, the multi-direction possibilities, the friend safari... I don't think we should complain about the number of pokemon, we should retrospect about everything we got. Moreover, 6th gen (for me) is like the 2nd and the 4th were few pokemon were created, new evolutions were created a lot of stuff was fixed.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by KAYLAF0X View Post
    Aw, man, I liked the fact there were only 69 new pokemon.

And most of the pokemon I encountered were also lots of older pokemon. I kind of skipped out on the BW/2 games so I was also learning about those pokemon. I also, REALLY like Scrafty's design, personally, mainly because I love mohawks, and punk rock stuff, and now I finally have an excuse to have a punk-rock themed team(complete with Punk band nicknames).

I am not a "Genwunner", even though I started out with the original Pokemon Red(My favorite gen was Third Gen.) I was super excited to see a lot of pokemon from every game featured in the original X and Y before the Pokemon bank was even announced. It was a good mix. And some people just can't ever be satisfied, and will always find something to complain about. It's too many, or too few, it isn't meeting the expectation of the prior gen... also you have to think, they seriously had to model and animate(some pokemon from the other 3d games needed a reskin and new rigs) every. Single. Pokemon. 718(not including the unreleased pokemon found, and the mega evolves) 3d models with about 4-6 animations a piece...
    This.

I was kinda bummed at first, but I got over it. And some of these have become great favorites. Pangoro is fantastic, I've wanted a t-rex and lion since I was little. Just trying out skiddo, and I love my butters.

This a great game, with a lot of work put in. If anything, I was annoyed at the huge surge of new ones. Sure, its fun to have old favorites, the seemed to over flood the new ones.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

THAT'S the Serebii webmaster? AYYYYYY He's cute.

1. Diglett did not "suck" in design. Do not confuse simplicity with "sucking".
    2. Pokémon and originality were never linked together. You could always tell or infer the influences on the 'mon. In saying that, we can give leeway to Gen 1 because they were the first designs of the Pokémon. GameFreak were experimenting, and then they got better. Well, to be honest, I don't see Gen 4 starters (Fighting monkey? Armored Penguin? Land Turtle? Seen all of that before) are more "original" than Gen 1 starters but whatever floats your boat. I mean take your icon, Hydreigon, a three-headed dragon that can fly is quite a common design for a dragon.
    3. The word is roster. A rooster is a male chicken.
    4. The megas are the worst thing to happen to Pokémon. Waste of perfectly good designs.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    THAT'S the Serebii webmaster? AYYYYYY He's cute.

1. Diglett did not "suck" in design. Do not confuse simplicity with "sucking".
    2. Pokémon and originality were never linked together. You could always tell or infer the influences on the 'mon. In saying that, we can give leeway to Gen 1 because they were the first designs of the Pokémon. GameFreak were experimenting, and then they got better. Well, to be honest, I don't see Gen 4 starters (Fighting monkey? Armored Penguin? Land Turtle? Seen all of that before) are more "original" than Gen 1 starters but whatever floats your boat. I mean take your icon, Hydreigon, a three-headed dragon that can fly is quite a common design for a dragon.
    3. The word is roster. A rooster is a male chicken.
    4. The megas are the worst thing to happen to Pokémon. Waste of perfectly good designs.
    I have on gripe with that. HOW DOES HYDREIGON HAVE A BAD DESIGN. Maybe a hydra is common but that's for a reason: it's awesome.

Megas were brilliant ! The designs are cool, they add a lot to competitive, love em .

I have on gripe with that. HOW DOES HYDREIGON HAVE A BAD DESIGN. Maybe a hydra is common but that's for a reason: it's awesome.

Megas were brilliant ! The designs are cool, they add a lot to competitive, love em .
    I didn't say its design was bad. Just that it wasn't exactly original either. *shrugs*
    But you also proved my point that just because they are "unoriginal" it doesn't mean they "suck"! *prance*

I do not like the megas existing for the sole fact they are not permanent. I need to look at my party and see my Heavy Metal Dungeon Master Dom Houndoom, Angel of Death Absol, Fabulous Haute couture Banette and psycho flying stag beetle Pinsir and pet all of them in that form in Amie! I WANT TO SEE THEIR FACES LIGHT UP IN ADORABLE CUTENESS WHEN THEY ARE HAPPY! *cue pyrotechnics as I raise my fists in anger*
    Last edited by Hexin' Wishes; 8th March 2014 at 7:16 PM.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    I didn't say its design was bad. Just that it wasn't exactly original either. *shrugs*
    But you also proved my point that just because they are "unoriginal" it doesn't mean they "suck"! *prance*

I do not like the megas existing for the sole fact they are not permanent. I need to look at my party and see my Heavy Metal Dungeon Master Dom Houndoom, Angel of Death Absol, Fabulous Haute couture Banette and psycho flying stag beetle Pinsir and pet all of them in that form in Amie! I WANT TO SEE THEIR FACES LIGHT UP IN ADORABLE CUTENESS WHEN THEY ARE HAPPY! *cue pyrotechnics as I raise my fists in anger*
    If it were permanent they would be stupidly OP and stupid imo. It not being perm ads to it, as you can have many pokemon with the potential of mega evolving, but only 1 was the stone, and your opponent has to find out which.

If it were permanent they would be stupidly OP and stupid imo. It not being perm ads to it, as you can have many pokemon with the potential of mega evolving, but only 1 was the stone, and your opponent has to find out which.
    1. If it was permanent, they obviously wouldn't be OP. Besides,
    2. I think you forget that a good portion of the fanbase isn't about battling. With a feature like PokéAmie, GameFreak realizes this as well. Which makes it strange they'd make stunning formes exclusively for battling since you can't really enjoy the formes in battle. Yeah, having them in the 'dex is nice too but I'd rather see it up close in Amie.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

I don't see why there is all this negative talk about the number of new pokemon, bare in mind this was the first game in which 3D graphics were used which would have been a more important issue, plus many features from older games have been revived to make gameplay more enjoyable. I'm not saying there wasn't a lack of new pokemon, in my opinion at least 100 was needed but unlike Gen5 there was only two years for the majority of work to be done instead of the usual four. Instead of being disparaging, consider and enjoy the success of the new features and better graphics we have been given.

Heh the Hydreigon line is one of my favorites too; one of the handful of Pokemon I actually liked in Unova. XD

I have to say with Megas, some of them hit the mark with their designs while others just don't make any sense. :I
    I have to admit though, I imagine it would be pretty fun playing with M-Houndoom and Y-Charizard in Amie. :B
    Part of me is a bit disappointed still that some of these guys' only power-up is through a temp evolution, I remind myself of how ridiculous say, M-Kangaskhan or M-Lucario would be if it were allowed to hold something outside their respective stones.

I'm personally kind of glad there was a smaller pool of Pokemon introduced; a common complaint I always heard too is there being too many of them being introduced in every region.
    Since this is a new region and a debut of the main series to the 3DS, it does kind of make sense, especially with the way technology has evolved.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

I don't really care if there are only 69 new Pokémon. Adding the new fairy type to old Pokémon is actually cool to me. And they're probably thinking of new Pokémon ideas right now for Z.
    boogy woogies r dominant race

I actually preferred less pokemon due to the fact I felt the ones they did create had more time devoted to them (no ice-cream cones for pokemon lol). I assume the actual reason behind only having 69 this time was due to the fact that models take up considerable more development time than sprites and every generation they will have to re-create all 800+ (assuming the next gen adds the traditional amount of pokemon) models; or at the very least they will have to significantly upgrade the ones they did make for this game.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast