Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lack of Kalos Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcheesey View Post
    I don't really care if there are only 69 new Pokémon. Adding the new fairy type to old Pokémon is actually cool to me. And they're probably thinking of new Pokémon ideas right now for Z.
    If so, why not put the "unreleased Pokémon" in the hidden coding of X and Y?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5andman View Post
    I actually preferred less pokemon due to the fact I felt the ones they did create had more time devoted to them (no ice-cream cones for pokemon lol).
    *icicles.

Tbh I don't believe in the whole "quality over quantity" thing. I enjoyed all the Gen V Pokémon and sometimes Quality over Quantity doesn't always apply. As I said in one post, I enjoyed about all the Kalos Pokémon but even with a lot of my new favorites like Yveltal, I still prefer Gen V over it but that said I put Gen VI as my second favorite generation in terms of Pokémon designs).

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    The only odd thing about this gen is that Sylveon is the only pre-gen evolution.
    The same happened with Gen III where only one new Pokémon was related to an old one. EDIT: Ups. Hey there, Azurill! Forgot about ya.
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 9th March 2014 at 9:54 PM.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

With this new gen, they seemed more focused on working on the past things and adding little things here and there like a manual EV trainer, Wonder Trade, Mega evolutions and Pokemon-amie then adding new pokemon.

But the new pokemon that were added are pretty cool and kinda unique, except for dedenne which was obligatory Pikachu in new gen.

3DS FC: 5257-9458-5704
    Working on team in Pokemon Y: Azumarill, Heliolisk, Goodra, Houndoom, Mandibuzz and Gardevoir

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    The same happened with Gen III where only one new Pokémon was related to an old one.
    I never realised that Azurill and Wynaut were the only ones related to an old gen in gen III xD

I never realised that Azurill and Wynaut were the only ones related to an old gen in gen III xD
    Wynaut <3

Wynaut and Pichu are my favorite of the baby Pokémon.

EDIT in attempt to make it on topic: Aside from my usual stance of "half of mega evolutions should have been full evolutions", it would have been nice to have some baby Pokémon. Even if they weren't linked to an previous gen.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Oh right! I completely forgot about Azurill! Oh and you also forgot not to be so discrete, mysterious super moderator cough cough

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Wynaut <3
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 10th March 2014 at 10:30 PM. Reason: FACT
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Quote Originally Posted by RinFury View Post
    But the new pokemon that were added are pretty cool and kinda unique, except for dedenne which was obligatory Pikachu in new gen.
    I never hated the idea of them making Pika-clones, and in my opinion Emolga and Dedenne were more of a way of trying to show some kind of uniqueness from the original with the added types. Besides, my only problem with the thing is that I can never seem to find it in my games. It's right up there with Hawlucha. The only difference being that I could actually find that.
    Black Champion Team:
    Emerald Nuzlocke Team:
    Friend Code: 2551-5527-7665
    Safari: Nosepass-Magcargo-Barbaracle

The fact that there aren't a LOT of new pokes can be bothersome, but one thing I really liked is the amount of pokemon in the region. Not the amount of new pokemon, lol, but the fact that a lot of old pokemon that I hadn't seen in some games for a while were in the game. I was like "Woah, what?!" when I saw a pidgey on route 1. Overall I love this region even with its lack of new discoveries.

I was surprised, at first, that Gen VI had so few Pokemon. I feel like this was intentional, though. Not just because the number gets bolstered by Mega Evolutions, but because Game Freak lost some fans after Gen V and the B2/W2 games. Not the true fans, but they didn't draw in the new ones. Right from the beginning, I couldn't help but notice Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Stunfisk, etc. appearing in the wild. Ever look at the paintings in Sycamore's lab? Rogenrola, Gothitelle, etc. Gen V is right in your face. Over and over again. But they don't do it over the top, you've still got Pidgey, Pikachu, Caterpie, Fletchling, Litleo, all hanging out in the wild around them. It normalized Gen V. Now they're "familiar faces" and not the "ZOMG look how hideous they all are!" I think they tried to make the Gen V pokemon our friends after all the bashing they got. And it worked. I was happy to see some oddball Gen V pokemon reappear in the wild who I didn't love before.

They also offset the small number of new pokemon with a HUGE cast of old ones.
    Six Generations / One Team:

Spoiler:- My Shinies:

^What? Only a certain amount of (misguided) people hated Gen V pokémon.

Though I do wonder if a number of Gen V pokes were thought up for Gen VI but were ultimately brought in to Gen V instead.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

I think peeps need to bear in mind that the shift from 2.5D to 3D models for over 600 Pokémon would require a LOT of work, etc. so it's understandable that in the big shift to true 3D there would be less focus on new 'mons and more on getting the new world-feel, etc. right.

I'm sure now that the models for all the current Pokémon have been finessed and tweaked for XY, the next Generation will release a larger number of new Pokémon to play with.
    Friend Safari contacts needed - feel free to PM me your friend code and add me!
    Friend Code: 4312-9982-2135
    Friend Safari - Water: Krabby//Quagsire//Frogadier

People complain that there were too many pokemon and it was getting harder to "catch em' all"
    Now GF did a bit less, perhaps to allow us to "catch em all"
    And then people complain with the lack, make up your minds!
    I have claimed

Kalos is my favourite region I just get the sense that a lot of time and effort went into the design of the new Pokemon hence the small size of the Kalos deck, I literally like every Pokemon in it, whilst other regions just make me think "Why is this a Pokemon".
    Pokemon Y - 2766-9387-7732
    Electric Safari - Emolga,Stunfisk,Manectric.

I like all the pokemon of the kalos region, except for Hawlucha (I just don't like the design) and the Helioptile/Heliolisk evolution. It's animations look so weird and clunky that I just can't use one
    Friend Code 2234 - 8536 - 6702
    Friend Safari is ground with Dugtrio, Trapinch, Palpitoad

Current shiny hunt: Ralts MM breeding, 100+ eggs atm

People might have complained about the lack new Pokemon in Kalos, but if they took a little a time they would see it's not much different from Gen II, IV.
    I'm referring to the pattern that the Pokemon games basically follow by adding a crap ton of new Pokemon in one Gen, then the next Gen they don't add a whole lot of brand new Pokemon but we also get pre-evo/Evo from past Pokemon. However with Kalos it's still the same but instead of pre-evo/Evo we received Mega-Evolutions.

Gen I= 151 Pokemon.
    Gen II= 100 new Pokemon. 17 were pre-evo/Evo from Gen I. We received 83 brand new Pokemon.
    Gen III= 135 new Pokemon. An yes while we did receive the pre-evo Wynaut and Azurill that's still 133 brand new Pokemon.
    Gen IV= 107 new Pokemon. 27 were pre-evo/Evo from Gen I-III. We received 80 brand new Pokemon.
    Gen V= 156 new Pokemon. Just like Gen I their all brand new.
    Gen VI= 70 new Pokekmon. However if you count Mega Evolutions that's an extra 30.

Comparing Kalos with Sinnoh, and Johto on how many brand new Pokemon were introduce, it's only a difference of 10-13 Pokemon. Yes Kalos has introduced the lowest amount however I don't see much of a difference since it's still following the pattern.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    People might have complained about the lack new Pokemon in Kalos, but if they took a little a time they would see it's not much different from Gen II, IV.
    I'm referring to the pattern that the Pokemon games basically follow by adding a crap ton of new Pokemon in one Gen, then the next Gen they don't add a whole lot of brand new Pokemon but we also get pre-evo/Evo from past Pokemon. However with Kalos it's still the same but instead of pre-evo/Evo we received Mega-Evolutions.

Gen I= 151 Pokemon.
    Gen II= 100 new Pokemon. 17 were pre-evo/Evo from Gen I. We received 83 brand new Pokemon.
    Gen III= 135 new Pokemon. An yes while we did receive the pre-evo Wynaut and Azurill that's still 133 brand new Pokemon.
    Gen IV= 107 new Pokemon. 27 were pre-evo/Evo from Gen I-III. We received 80 brand new Pokemon.
    Gen V= 156 new Pokemon. Just like Gen I their all brand new.
    Gen VI= 70 new Pokekmon. However if you count Mega Evolutions that's an extra 30.

Comparing Kalos with Sinnoh, and Johto on how many brand new Pokemon were introduce, it's only a difference of 10-13 Pokemon. Yes Kalos has introduced the lowest amount however I don't see much of a difference since it's still following the pattern.
    Gen VI actually introduced 72, including Hoopa and Volcanion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    I don't understand the logic of people who count them. If Mega Evolutions count, surely all alternate formes with stat changes would count as a new Pokémon thus increasing the number of "introduced" Pokémon for III, IV and V as well.
    Last edited by Hexin' Wishes; 14th March 2014 at 6:17 PM.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Maybe they left us with less Pokémon this gen because: one, not enough space on the cart to fit any more; two, like you said, to cater to genwunners; or three, to not oversaturate the already-impressively-large catalogue of Pokémon we have currently. 69 is a funny number, though. :P

It's pretty refreshing having something new. I think having megas adding to the list of new pokemon was acceptable. This choice actually was a nice change of the meta overall than just adding new pokemon. Idk I like new mechanics over new pokemon imo since I already have 6 pokemon from previous gens that are my favorites that make a good team.

Team: Lucario l Typholosion l Latios l Tyranitar l Greninja l Scizor
    Friend Code: 212273061560

I don't understand the logic of people who count them. If Mega Evolutions count, surely all alternate formes with stat changes would count as a new Pokémon thus increasing the number of "introduced" Pokémon for III, IV and V as well.
    This is correct. Formes never counted as a separate species

In my opinion, this little amount of Pokémon has more value to me because I can appreciate each of them in the first viewing of all of them.
    Unlike generation V, this generation really felt like it was trying to connect all of the past generations in this game, something I felt genIV did as well.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack the Titan View Post

In my opinion, this little amount of Pokémon has more value to me because I can appreciate each of them in the first viewing of all of them.
    Unlike generation V, this generation really felt like it was trying to connect all of the past generations in this game, something I felt genIV did as well.
    You really wouldn't feel much connection to past generations. Gen 5 was meant as a "fresh start", that's why people had different reactions to the game.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I'm cool with only 72 Kalos Pokémon, since I'd rather have most Pokémon having good designs with lower numbers, cause for me Gen V was the exact opposite of Kalos, more Pokémon and very little amount of good designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack the Titan View Post

Mega Evolutions aren't forms though. Typically, forms just shuffle things. These add it considerably. They went through the exact same process of creation: Conceptual design (unlike most forms, there's significant differences in most), stat balance, type balance, ability balance, balance based on movepool.

They really are essentially new, un-numbered, Pokémon. They count in my eyes.

All that considered, they still don't in mine simply for the fact they're not registered in the 'dex as their own entity. It's hard for me to consider something as a not a forme when it acts the same as any other forme, the difference being that the "MEGA evolution" label is why they have the whole stats/type/etc. balance (also, I don't think the new abilities they give some of them are that good IMHO).

I'd also argue that the Megas run the same gamut in terms of conceptual design difference: from not that much (Ex: Mega Venusaur/Blastoise & the forms of Deoxys/Giratina) to completely re-worked (Ex: Mega Banette/Gengar & Therian formes of the Forces of Nature/Shaymin).

But to each their own, they don't add anything to the Pokédex any way different to other formes but that's simply my justification.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

All that considered, they still don't in mine simply for the fact they're not registered in the 'dex as their own entity. It's hard for me to consider something as a not a forme when it acts the same as any other forme, the difference being that the "MEGA evolution" label is why they have the whole stats/type/etc. balance (also, I don't think the new abilities they give some of them are that good IMHO).

I'd also argue that the Megas run the same gamut in terms of conceptual design difference: from not that much (Ex: Mega Venusaur/Blastoise & the forms of Deoxys/Giratina) to completely re-worked (Ex: Mega Banette/Gengar & Therian formes of the Forces of Nature/Shaymin).

But to each their own, they don't add anything to the Pokédex any way different to other formes but that's simply my justification.
    I agree. Something else is that MegaEvolutions do not exist outside of battle, but formes do. How can MegaEvolutions be counted as new Pokemon and formes not when MegaEvos exist only half the time while formes exist all the time? Rotom's formes match and exceed all that MegaTyranitar and MegaAbomasnow changed from their respective non-Megas, so why are they counted as new Pokemon but not the Rotom formes? The two Megas have the same ability (ok, not the same as the HA, but who uses those for them?), same type, same moves as their non-Megas, but have increased stats, different/exaggerated design. Rotom's formes have the same ability, different types, increased stats, a new move, and new design. Plus, the formes can exist outside of battle. How are they not considered to be new Pokemon if MegaEvos are? They're pretty much are MegaEvos without the MegaStone.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast