Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 559

Thread: The Lack of Kalos Pokemon

  1. #351
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Evergrande City
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    I think the quantity of Kalos Pokemon is too low, I don't count mega form changes as new Pokemon and it's a gimmick I hate, but the quality of the new additions outshines Unova.
    I was severely disappointed hearing the leaks before the game came out. However, after playing, I personally don't really think the quantity was too low. Had I not enjoyed the games, maybe that opinion would be different but I did, and this was because all of the different Pokemon you could catch. I hope they move on from only being able to catch a Bagon/Deino/Axew/etc... at the last cave in the last route. It was way more enjoyable having an awesome team, with awesome pokemon so early on. I know these Pokemon were only incorporated because of the lack of new Pokemon, but I honestly hope, in future generations, despite if they add more or less Pokemon to new gens, they keep it the way X & Y had it in terms of Pokemon distribution in-game. As you said the quality was also great for these 6th gen'ers so thats nothing to complain about.

    All in all, to me the amount of new ones really didn't affect gameplay at all for me. Maybe it's just that you guys wanted to see more new Pokemon, for the sake of having more new Pokemon, I don't know, but in my opinion game freak did it right.

    **However, I can say I am severely disappointed at the amount of legendaries and I was never one to complain about having too many.

    As far as mega's go, I'm fine with them, they gave life to old, forgotten Pokemon (some at least). However, new prevos or evos would have been good too. Which I don't see why they only did it for Sylveon.
    Last edited by Siebold; 20th April 2014 at 2:31 PM.

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    this forum
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I have to admit, I was a little iffy about the low amount of new Pokemon at first. I come from generations that added easily 150+, so 73(ish) seemed like too little.

    But then I actually got to playing the game, and, well, there were no lack of choices. At first I planned to build a Kalos-exclusive in-game team, but I actually struggled trying to decide who I wanted and balancing weaknesses with the new gen VI 'mons. There were too many that I wanted to use and not enough space, so in the end I went for a mixed bag.

    I suppose what I'm trying to say here is that the 70-or-so we got is enough in the long run. Besides, at least this way the Pokedex isn't so much of a pain to complete XD
    3DS FC: 4656 - 7669 - 3055
    Versions: X
    Friend Safari: Dragon || Gabite - Noibat - Sliggoo

    PM before adding~

  3. #353
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hiatus
    Posts
    7,727

    Default

    Yeah, the only thing this region makes difficult is a Kalos-only team... I think of XY as a direct zigzag away from BW. I personally really loved how Unova initially did not have any old Pokemon, but it seems a lot of people didn't appreciate that. Seemingly in response, for Gen VI, GF introduced a small amount of new Pokemon and placed them in a region alongside a ton of the older Pokemon. In Unova, you had no choice but to see the Gen V Pokemon as a generation separate from the ones before it, but in XY, GF makes it really difficult to see the new additions as a separate generation. They made it feel more like an addition to the current menagerie; with Mega Evolutions running around and a dex that's primarily older Pokemon, it seems GF wants players to use old Pokemon in their teams.

    Also, I sort of see the Mega Evolutions as 6th Gen Pokemon (in reality they sort of don't belong to any specific generation), so when you factor in those additions, 6th Gen did introduce about 100 new Pokemon. Still, I would not be surprised if they released thirty or forty more Pokemon midway through the Generation.


  4. #354
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Evergrande City
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Also, I sort of see the Mega Evolutions as 6th Gen Pokemon (in reality they sort of don't belong to any specific generation), so when you factor in those additions, 6th Gen did introduce about 100 new Pokemon. Still, I would not be surprised if they released thirty or forty more Pokemon midway through the Generation.
    I don't see them adding more actual, separate, new Pokemon, through the duration of this generation. However more mega evolutions is pretty much 100% confirmed with Latiosite and Latiasite. I definitely predict more megas in future games this generation.

    Have new Pokemon been added in mid gen before (Not forms, completely new pokemon)? How would that work with compatibility?

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Yeah, the only thing this region makes difficult is a Kalos-only team...
    I always start a new gen with a team of brand new only. Kalos was difficult to narrow to 6. I had to rotate.

    Nope. Still hate megas.

  6. #356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siebold View Post
    However more mega evolutions is pretty much 100% confirmed with Latiosite and Latiasite. I definitely predict more megas in future games this generation.
    Again we come back to the lack of logic that goes with this, though. If there are more coming, why aren't they already programmed in for compatibility purposes, and conversely, why would they purposely make future compatibility more complicated than it needs to be by not doing so?

    Quote Originally Posted by Siebold View Post
    Have new Pokemon been added in mid gen before (Not forms, completely new pokemon)?
    Never.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siebold View Post
    How would that work with compatibility?
    It wouldn't, really.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 20th April 2014 at 7:01 PM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK - Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Again we come back to the lack of logic that goes with this, though. If there are more coming, why aren't they already programmed in for compatibility purposes, and conversely, why would they purposely make future compatibility more complicated than it needs to be by not doing so?
    there are patches they can do - with the 3DS and the games being able to be patched they may have held off on adding these Mega evolutions/new pokemon so fans couldn't search the data for them and they wouldn't be revealed - the ones that where revealed are events that im guessing are meant for these games.

    also lets not forget that even if they added more mega evolutions into the next game they don't need to be added to X and Y look at Rotom, Shaymin and Giritina they all got new forms in Platinum but if you battled with Diamond or Pearl the new form wasn't visible to those games but the stats still stayed boosted by the form it was in.
    Friend Safari
    Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

  8. #358
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hiatus
    Posts
    7,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Again we come back to the lack of logic that goes with this, though. If there are more coming, why aren't they already programmed in for compatibility purposes, and conversely, why would they purposely make future compatibility more complicated than it needs to be by not doing so?
    Is it not even faintly possible that GF plans to distribute Latiosite and Latiaslite before the release of the third version, and that they purposely left out any hypothetical additional Pokemon to avoid spoiling them? By now GF must know that Pokemon games get quickly hacked. A big reveal like that would be a lot to spoil.

    I know that's assuming a lot, but I don't see it as far-fetched. GF isn't dumb, after all.


  9. #359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Is it not even faintly possible that GF plans to distribute Latiosite and Latiaslite before the release of the third version, and that they purposely left out any hypothetical additional Pokemon to avoid spoiling them? By now GF must know that Pokemon games get quickly hacked. A big reveal like that would be a lot to spoil.

    I know that's assuming a lot, but I don't see it as far-fetched. GF isn't dumb, after all.
    Which still doesn't address, from a technical standpoint, why they would put in Mega Latios/Latias but not others. Again, why would they needlessly overcomplicate future compatibility for themselves in that fashion?

    And if they're as intent on keeping us in the dark as you say - a valid point in and of itself - then why include Mega Latios/Latias in the first place? If they know the games get hacked quickly (and they probably do have at least some idea), then why include Mega Latios/Latias at all? Why not just include them in whatever future potential method of adding content to the games after-market that all of these theories are dependent upon?

    Again, the logic - as best we can discern it from ground level, here - just doesn't hold up.

    Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    there are patches they can do - with the 3DS and the games being able to be patched they may have held off on adding these Mega evolutions/new pokemon so fans couldn't search the data for them and they wouldn't be revealed - the ones that where revealed are events that im guessing are meant for these games.
    Despite everyone who is in a position to make that decision being on public record - written, spoken, recorded and everything - as saying this will not be the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    also lets not forget that even if they added more mega evolutions into the next game they don't need to be added to X and Y look at Rotom, Shaymin and Giritina they all got new forms in Platinum but if you battled with Diamond or Pearl the new form wasn't visible to those games but the stats still stayed boosted by the form it was in.
    Mega Evolutions are considerably more involved than simple forme changes, though.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 20th April 2014 at 8:34 PM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    there are patches they can do - with the 3DS and the games being able to be patched they may have held off on adding these Mega evolutions/new pokemon so fans couldn't search the data for them and they wouldn't be revealed - the ones that where revealed are events that im guessing are meant for these games.

    also lets not forget that even if they added more mega evolutions into the next game they don't need to be added to X and Y look at Rotom, Shaymin and Giritina they all got new forms in Platinum but if you battled with Diamond or Pearl the new form wasn't visible to those games but the stats still stayed boosted by the form it was in.
    And they had stated that they would not Patch XY to include new game-affecting content.

    I'm pretty sure everyone is keeping this in mind currently.

  11. #361
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK - Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Which still doesn't address, from a technical standpoint, why they would put in Mega Latios/Latias but not others. Again, why would they needlessly overcomplicate future compatibility for themselves in that fashion?

    And if they're as intent on keeping us in the dark as you say - a valid point in and of itself - then why include Mega Latios/Latias in the first place? If they know the games get hacked quickly (and they probably do have at least some idea), then why include Mega Latios/Latias in the first place? Why would they be okay with some spoiling?

    Again, the logic - as best we can discern it from ground level, here - just doesn't hold up.
    Mega Lati@s are events meant for XY (im guessing released for its first year anniversary as a world wide event)

    new pokemon may not be added until the next game and with rumours of a new region being in the next game including hints in the games and the text in the official Kalos game guide (which mentions another 14 berries not available in Kalos that need to be traded from other regions) they may add the new pokemon and then patch XY to include these pokemon which is why they wouldn't be revealed or in the data as it would spoil the next game 2/3 years before its even released

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    And they had stated that they would not Patch XY to include new game-affecting content.

    I'm pretty sure everyone is keeping this in mind currently.
    was that not just paid DLC they were against?
    Friend Safari
    Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aboard the Hype Train! *toot*
    Posts
    954

    Default

    I am quite dissapointed at the lack of new Pokemon introduced in these games, however I like the fact that there are only 3 (6 if you count the Event) Legendaries. With the tota; above 40 I believe, I think that they made too many 'demi-gods' and that they aren't really considered legendary and rare. With the introduction of a much smaller amount, it gives them more worth (well, at least I think so), and makes makes me think that they are Legendary as there are only a few, not a lot (looking at you RSE and DPPt).
    Planned ORAS Team:



    Sprites Credit to: www.pokestadium.com


  13. #363
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    766

    Default

    The Mega Evos are part of the new pokemon, even if people don't like to admit it... there's been previous games when we've gotten baby forms as "new pokemon", this isn't really any different, even if they're not marked in the pokedex and are a timed thing. I don't know, I'm quite content with the amount and quality of them. Even the silly looking key is a very good pokemon.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK - Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    The Mega Evos are part of the new pokemon, even if people don't like to admit it... there's been previous games when we've gotten baby forms as "new pokemon", this isn't really any different, even if they're not marked in the pokedex and are a timed thing. I don't know, I'm quite content with the amount and quality of them. Even the silly looking key is a very good pokemon.
    but by that logic all form differences are new pokemon... if it doesn't have a dex entry its not a new pokemon its a form difference
    Friend Safari
    Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

  15. #365
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    766

    Default

    If you want to think about it that way, go right ahead, different forms =/= new evolution though.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  16. #366
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    but by that logic all form differences are new pokemon... if it doesn't have a dex entry its not a new pokemon its a form difference
    If we want to get technical, gamefreak kind of does consider forme differences new Pokemon. They use that language to refer to things like Black & White Kyurem, Sky Shaymin, etc. It's why there was some confusion back with the BW2 unveiling of whether or not the kyurems were distinct pokemon or not

    They don't include them within the totals and I'm not sure if they refer to Mega Evolutions with the same language, however.

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,862

    Default

    So here's a wild thought... what if Mega Evolutions are neither new Pokémon nor new formes, but rather, should be classified as a distinct third category instead? We know that in-series, Mega Evolution is considered to be a special kind of evolution that's comparable to a transformation. It's not a forme change, but it's not a pure-as-pepper evolution either.

    I know, I think I'm nuts too.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  18. #368
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    So here's a wild thought... what if Mega Evolutions are neither new Pokémon nor new formes, but rather, should be classified as a distinct third category instead? We know that in-series, Mega Evolution is considered to be a special kind of evolution that's comparable to a transformation. It's not a forme change, but it's not a pure-as-pepper evolution either.

    I know, I think I'm nuts too.
    Thought that was obvious though? You're not nuts, just assumed everyone understood that from the get-go =P
    Regardless they can be a distinct third category while still being new pokemon. They are new, since they didn't exist before, while "new forms" of pokemon (Example: Gastrodon) are the same, just matter of color difference.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Yeah, the only thing this region makes difficult is a Kalos-only team...
    It was quite easy for me actually. Then again, I have no interest in using old Pokémon that I was familiar with during my (first) playthrough of a new generation.

    To be honest, I probably said this before, but I think the amount of Pokémon suits the series at this point. The only issue I have is that Mega Evolution was decided for all Pokémon from a previous Gen instead of solely those with a three-stage evolution and the Mythicals.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a runaway train.
    Posts
    141

    Default

    I'm not that upset about only 69 pokemon because I am speculating they might add more. If they don't however I'll be a bit disappointing. I'm happy that they didn't try to go over the top with 200 new "bad-quality" pokemon


    FC:1891-1694-6992

  21. #371
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Wooper View Post
    I'm not that upset about only 69 pokemon because I am speculating they might add more. If they don't however I'll be a bit disappointing. I'm happy that they didn't try to go over the top with 200 new "bad-quality" pokemon
    They will not add new Pokemon mid-generation. Expect new Pokemon come Gen 7.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  22. #372
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I personally am not happy with the low number of pokémon in the game. I know that the mega evolutions are probably counted which would bring the total to around 80 or so.

    Now I hear a lot about this "next game" and that leads me to wonder what they may do in this "next game" and rumored new region. I wonder if and what new pokémon they will add, but I don't see how it will be feasible for compatibility.
    Safari=Normal

  23. #373
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    Thought that was obvious though? You're not nuts, just assumed everyone understood that from the get-go =P
    Regardless they can be a distinct third category while still being new pokemon. They are new, since they didn't exist before, while "new forms" of pokemon (Example: Gastrodon) are the same, just matter of color difference.
    Cute but your generalization means that Rotom, Deoxys, Giratina, Shaymin, Kyurem and the Forces of Nature would like to have a word with you...


    Anyways, they're not new Pokémon point blank. They have no 'dex number and can replace the original forme on the dex while not changing the text. They're a type of forme change that only activates during battle (not unlike like Meolotta, Cherrim and Darmantian). The end.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  24. #374
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexitron View Post
    I personally am not happy with the low number of pokémon in the game. I know that the mega evolutions are probably counted which would bring the total to around 80 or so.
    More like 102.
    Last edited by Endolise; 22nd April 2014 at 5:22 PM.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  25. #375
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Cute but your generalization means that Rotom, Deoxys, Giratina, Shaymin, Kyurem and the Forces of Nature would like to have a word with you...


    Anyways, they're not new Pokémon point blank. They have no 'dex number and can replace the original forme on the dex while not changing the text. They're a type of forme change that only activates during battle (not unlike like Meolotta, Cherrim and Darmantian). The end.
    Like I said before, you're entitled to think that way, so by all means go ahead and disagree. Nobody has to agree with me. To me, those fit another category and are essentially the same pokemon, not evolutions. You don't use a Griseous Orb to Mega Evolve Giratina into Mega Giratina Origin Form, do you? No, you don't because it's not called "Giratina's Mega Evolution".
    Evolutions, are in and of itself, a -new- pokemon. Alternate forms are just that, other forms for the same pokemon.

    So if you don't want to think they're new pokemon? WOOT GOOD FOR YOU, keep it up and believe in what you think is right!
    To me however, they are, because they didn't exist prior to this game while the pokemon they evolve from, did. I'm not going to sit here and think "Oh... they added another Blaziken/Gengar", I see it as "They added a new evolution to them". Regardless of the means to get to it, or how long it lasts, or if it has a fancy pokedex number~ doesn't change that they are, in fact, new.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

        Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •