Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lack of Kalos Pokemon

I'm not expecting any new pokemon during this same generation but I do expect some new Megas perhaps in the potential RS remakes or the secondary installment(s) of XY. also I wonder how far along they are in the development of gen 7 because they sure threw a LOT of hints here and there in X and Y. like the strange souvenir guy. I also wonder if the pokemon the strange souvenir is based on is a legendary or just a random pokemon
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

At first glance, I was a little dissapointed and quite surprised that only 69 new Pokémon where created this time, since at least 100 new Pokémon traditionally have made their appaerance in each new generation.

However, I don't really think that the quantity of new Pokémon itself has made the 6th generation less exciting, since there are so many new features and generally a new over-all experience of playing the games due to the new outstanding Graphics and improved Visuals. Also the fact that all the previous Pokémon now can be seen from a Whole new 3D perspective actually makes them almost new in some way as it is a new and improved look compared to previous games.

If I think about the new major feature, Mega Evolution, it actually brings the total number of new designs on the level of previous even numbered generations, although they aren't new Pokémon themselfes, they further brings new additions to the table.

Personally, I would have liked to see more actual evolutions to previous generation Pokémon, instead of only Megas, except Sylveon, but it's not a big deal for me anyway, since most of the Megas is very cool.

I personally think that the new 69 Pokémon are generally cool looking. Chesnaught, Greninja, Dragalge, Hawlucha, Goodra, Florges, Gogoat, Clawitzer, Barbaracle, Aegislash, Tyrantrum and Klefki are good examples of great new Pokémon, which I think is very welcome. My personal favorite generation in terms of the Pokémon is still generation 5 though. Not because it has the biggest amount of Pokémon, but simply because there were more cool designs and a lot of new type combinations.

Another great thing about 6. generation is the legendary cover Pokémon, Xerneas and Yveltal, which I think is one of the best cover duo ever. There is a great variation between the two, and they both have a cool and very well made design. Overall, the 69 new Pokémon, and all the new Mega Evolutions is a great addition to the series, which I think makes the 6. generation of Pokémon very special
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

Its probably been said 50 times, but my problem was how rare they were. I could go into a route and see a kalos poke once out of like 70 old ones.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Its probably been said 50 times, but my problem was how rare they were. I could go into a route and see a kalos poke once out of like 70 old ones.
    Yeah I remember on my first playthrough of Y it took me forever to find a Fletchling and the other Kalos Pokemon weren't much easier to find but other than this I had no issues with the amount of new Pokemon . Initially I didn't like the amount of new Pokemon but we have a lot already so I'm okay with the amount we got. Plus while the quantity was low I felt the quality was really high as I like just about every single design from this generation I don't think I can really say that about any other region except maybe Sinnoh. In the other regions I had to get used to a couple of the designs where here I initially liked all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Definitely agree with this statement. Took me about 20-30 encounters on route 7 before i finally ran into swirlix/spritzee.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Definitely agree with this statement. Took me about 20-30 encounters on route 7 before i finally ran into swirlix/spritzee.
    lmao I remember thinking that honedge being on route 6 was misinformation because of how long it took me to find one. however I think I was just really unlucky because upon my second playthrough it didn't take me nearly as long to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    What? I don't understand you guys and lads. When we have 150 pokémon, "how there are too much!", when we have less than 100, "What? Low number of pokémon, this is bad, bad!". And c'mon, you guys, if they've given to us other, non-popular pokémon, I doubt it'd be any good.

But sincerely, I loved the idea to have less pokémon. Really, almost all of Kalos pokémon are great. If not all. And the design style is better than before, as I think they had more time to work on them. They can continue like that if they want, I would love.
    I agree. I was originally a bit disappointed at the low number thinking the more the merrier, but after playing the games I realized just how many Pokémon there are packed into the game from all generations and I didn't notice the lack of newer ones. Plus, I really like the designs of all the new Pokémon. Although as others have said, mega evolution shouldn't have been the gap filler, I think it kind of does work. Even though they aren't new Pokémon, I still go out of my way to evolve them in some way to see their new form, so in my opinion it kind of works.

Plus, when I think of how many more generations of Pokémon are possible, perhaps it's best if they make less per generation. As a kid, did you ever expect there to be a Pokémon #1000? It seems that's where it's headed. Even though now I like the idea of more Pokémon, there may be a point in time where I think more will be ridiculous, an opinion already shared by many.
    The medal rally isn't dead yet!!

241/255 medals

Sure, having many Pokemon is really painstaking if you're looking to fill your Pokedex at this point, but I can only agree that it would have been nice to see more than 69 new Pokemon (and while the idea of Mega Evolution is interesting, they don't really count as "new" Pokemon in the same sense at the end of the day). I wish Kalos was bigger tbh; if I think back on games like BW2 or Gen3 there were so many steps one would take before teaching the end of each route. This Gen seemed very tunnel-visioned with the short routes and lack of Trainers on them (granted, things are in 3D now and all, but still).

Credit: SwornMetalhead (Personal League Banner, Symbol), AstralShadow (League & Club Buttons) & Kida-Ookami (Badges)

Quote Originally Posted by cryuel View Post
    Sure, having many Pokemon is really painstaking if you're looking to fill your Pokedex at this point, but I can only agree that it would have been nice to see more than 69 new Pokemon (and while the idea of Mega Evolution is interesting, they don't really count as "new" Pokemon in the same sense at the end of the day). I wish Kalos was bigger tbh; if I think back on games like BW2 or Gen3 there were so many steps one would take before teaching the end of each route. This Gen seemed very tunnel-visioned with the short routes and lack of Trainers on them (granted, things are in 3D now and all, but still).
    Kalos IS huge (Lumiose can be a pain to navigate). But I agree that most of the routes felt pretty straightforward (especially Route 1). Grass are entirely optional. And I also noticed the lack of trainers. The visuals are great, but the route designs aren't (except some).

Let's analyze the routes one by one:

Spoiler:

There you have it.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I'm not really sure if I have talked to all the people in Lumiose City yet, since it is so insanely big.

I'm still quite impressed the way Game Freak managed to spread the new Pokémon around the Kalos region. Sure, you encounter a lot of Pokémon in pretty much all of the areas, but I really enjoyed the big selection of the older and the newer Pokémon.

One thing I really miss is the VS. Seeker, which haven't been in the games since Platinum. It's not because it takes much time to train a Pokémon from lv. 1-100, it's just very repetitive to fight the Battle Chateau or the Restaurants over and over.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Kalos IS huge (Lumiose can be a pain to navigate). But I agree that most of the routes felt pretty straightforward (especially Route 1). Grass are entirely optional. And I also noticed the lack of trainers. The visuals are great, but the route designs aren't (except some).

Spoiler:

There you have it.
    Wow, never noticed how actually monotonous the routes seem to be, so I guess I was right about the tunnel vision/few trainers on routes comment. I really miss huge, scenic routes like the outside of Mt. Coronet with all the snow, caves, bridges and all; or the Forest Route in BW2 that went through a forest, alongside rivers, with tons of trainers. There's only one Pokemon game that comes to mind that was even worse when it comes to empty, tunnel-like corridors routes, which is Pokemon XD.

Credit: SwornMetalhead (Personal League Banner, Symbol), AstralShadow (League & Club Buttons) & Kida-Ookami (Badges)

Spoiler:

There you have it.
    I think you're setting your standards a little high. I mean, I agree that having short and straightforward routes is a bad idea, but does every route have to force you to trek through acres of tall grass on a long winding path? Because I think a lot of people find those types of routes annoying. I think the routes should be more like Rt. 5, decent length, tons of optional areas, a few mandatory tall grass patches and trainers but straightforward enough that you don't get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Cobra View Post
    One thing I really miss is the VS. Seeker, which haven't been in the games since Platinum. It's not because it takes much time to train a Pokémon from lv. 1-100, it's just very repetitive to fight the Battle Chateau or the Restaurants over and over.
    This, I'd like to see a proper rematch facility again. One where you can rematch trainers on the actual routes instead of just a limited amount of them in gimmicky battle facilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think you're setting your standards a little high. I mean, I agree that having short and straightforward routes is a bad idea, but does every route have to force you to trek through acres of tall grass on a long winding path? Because I think a lot of people find those types of routes annoying. I think the routes should be more like Rt. 5, decent length, tons of optional areas, a few mandatory tall grass patches and trainers but straightforward enough that you don't get lost.
    I'm not saying that every route should be a pain to navigate. My main point here is that, most of the routes felt the same... and while most of them are huge, it still felt short and lacking...

I'm not saying that every route should be a pain to navigate. My main point here is that, most of the routes felt the same... and while most of them are huge, it still felt short and lacking...
    agreed. I love the beauty of the region and the graphics but the routes could have overall been better. I wish they were larger routes too like that one route in Kanto where the snorlax lies between lavender city and I believe saffron city? I haven't played the kanto games nor the johto games in about 7 or 8 years so I don't remember all too well.

Short and lacking, yes I agree with that for most of the routes. But I don't really see how they feel the same at all.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Short and lacking, yes I agree with that for most of the routes. But I don't really see how they feel the same at all.
    It's kinda hard to explain. :P

Quote Originally Posted by AmpharosMaster View Post
    As a kid, did you ever expect there to be a Pokémon #1000? It seems that's where it's headed.
    Did I expect it? Yes, as soon as there were rumors about there being more than 150 pokemon, I hoped that eventually we would have a thousand and I remember that I was disappointed when Gold and Silver only had 100 new pokemon instead of 150 new ones.

I will never understand why having more variety to choose from would be a bad thing. Imagine one day there might be a whole ecosystem of cave pokemon and the days of "Zubat Zubat Zubsat Geodude Zubat Geodude" will be a long distant memory. And there are still so many type combos that haven't been used or only used in a single line?/legendary. I still wait for a water/grass pokemon that isn't a racial stereotype. And I still have a huge list of animals and mythological creatures I'd love to see in pokemon form. (Gen 6 fulfilled two more of those wishes; a sauropod and an obvious Leafy Seadragon pokemon, though Dragalge turned out to be Poison/Dragon rather than Water/Grass) I'm still waiting on a blind cave fish/salamander, an (obvious) unicorn (Fairy/Grass?), a kirin, a goblin, a dolphin (possibly a grass/water or grass/dark river dolphin), a koala, a kangaroo, a classical fairy with butterfly wings, a Parasaurolophus, a Stegosaurus, a virus, a giraffe that has, you know, a long neck etc. etc. etc. There's still so much potential!

Quote Originally Posted by Orphalesion View Post
    I still wait for a water/grass pokemon that isn't a racial stereotype.
    I'm sorry but...LOLWUT.

I still stand by liking the fact that there were actually less than 150 pokemon to fuss over in Kalos. My only thing was there just...being more variety/distribution of different types (IE Kalos Ground, Posion, etc).
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

a kangaroo
    Kangaskhan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I'm sorry but...LOLWUT.

I still stand by liking the fact that there were actually less than 150 pokemon to fuss over in Kalos. My only thing was there just...being more variety/distribution of different types (IE Kalos Ground, Posion, etc).
    I'm pretty sure they are referring to the lotad line who is based on Mexican hat dancers I believe?

I'm still waiting on a blind cave fish/salamander
    quagsire
    an (obvious) unicorn
    rapidash, keldeo
    a kirin
    keldeo
    a kangaroo
    kangaskhan

I'm still waiting on a cat pokemon that doesn't suck..
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I'm sorry but...LOLWUT.

Yup Ludicolo, plus it's ugly. I want something nice, waterlily or kelp based.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtastic View Post
    I'm still waiting on a blind cave fish/salamander
    quagsire
    an (obvious) unicorn
    rapidash, keldeo
    a kirin
    keldeo
    a kangaroo
    kangaskhan
    Quasire is a salamander, but not a blind, pale troglobite. There are many, many types of salamander and they are very diverse.
    Rapidash is not so much based on a unicorn but has a horn added as an afterthought. Kaldeo is much but no Kirin, the fairy type needs a unicorn. Kaldeo is good as the "wild" unicorn but not so much as the "healing, shy forest dweller" archetype, plus I dislike legendaries.
    You ever seen a kangaroo? Kangaskahn is VEEEERY loosely based on a kangaroo. Kangaroos are lean and agile if anything they should be fighting type.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
    Right I probably should have added "that doesn't suck" behind my wish for the kangaroo, giraffe and water/grass pokemon.

Also: A praying mantis pokemon!
    Last edited by Orphalesion; 28th April 2014 at 8:57 PM.

Also: A praying mantis pokemon!
    I'd like to bring up exhibit A:

Scyther, it even has the classification "Mantis Pokemon"

I might not understand exactly what's what but what's the point of having pokemon look exactly like their real life counterparts, half the fun is that they're different.

Most pokemon that have resemblance to things in real life are loosely based on them obviously. So yeah, Kangaskhan is loosely based on a Kangaroo* of course, but that's not a bad thing, the same as Froakie is loosely based on a frog.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

Yup Ludicolo, plus it's ugly. I want something nice, waterlily or kelp based.
    I never did like Ludicolo in Doubles/Triples though, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
    Leipard is a superb Trickster though, lol. I've shut down many a team with his priority Taunt/Thunder-wave/Encore.

I do admit to being disappointed with Pyoroar though, even more so of it's HA ability that clearly doesn't benefit special attack. :c
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast