Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: The Lack of Kalos Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    I would honestly like to see this. I felt like Kalos wasn't really put into depth as much as regions like Unova and Johto where the regions go back. I'd like to see another Kalos Pokemon game, I wish they didn't get so gimmicky during the XY game though so they could have focused on the region.
    I agree with you on that. The plot felt quite shallow in comparison to other generations. We've got a lot of great extras and you won't hear me complain about that, but if you saw how much effort was put into creating a somewhat more mature plot for the Unova games, then XY really felt as if we had fallen back to little children's plot.

Anyway, I'm quite sure there's something behind that whole mysterious hotel guy. I'm just not sure if my speculation about the extra Kalos part is true xD
    Maybe they'll go for a different EU country next? England would be my first guess then.
    FC: 5472 - 7002 - 0253
    List of badges earned at #TrinityLeague:

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    So being the nice people Pokemon fans are they pull the "Too many Pokemon card" which is basically a hint for the designs suck.
    For me, not only were the designs not appealing, but the play wasn't either.

There are very few Gen 5 pokemon that I actually enjoy playing with. Being a Ghost lover, I am at least happy that the majority of the Gen 5's Ghost pokemon were to my liking, Jellicent especially. Outside of them, the only Gen 5 pokemon I enjoy playing with are Scolipede, Galvantula, and Stoutland. Now no, I am not a competitive player, but I take a great joy in designing battle strategies. I've dealt with many Gen 5 pokemon, and working with them was a nightmare. Truly, only Jellicent proved to be the most fun in creating strategies.

Now for Gen 6, I am in love with many of the new pokemon, Aegislash especially (obviously). In addition, I love Greninja, Delphox, Trevenant, Furfrou, Pangoro, Noivern, Dragalge, Diggersby, Florges (a lot), Clawitzer, and Diancie, among many many others. I have so much fun playing with these pokemon and developing strategies. They are much less of a headache than those in Gen 5.

Yes, I know every pokemon is capable of playing well. However, for what I enjoy doing, Gen 5 did not hold up. For Gen 6, there are very few new pokemon that I don't like.
    Last edited by PrinceOfFacade; 5th August 2014 at 8:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MelonGerbil View Post
    Isnt that a good thing? Less pokemans to catch for shiny charm. Plus it means less useless pokemon.
    Preach. I don't want to see more useless pokemon, i want to see they revamping the ones they already got to make the metagame more diverse.

About the design, Kalos, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn are the regions that i cannot see one single pokémon that i don't like.
    Last edited by Xuxuba; 5th August 2014 at 2:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MesopotamianSumerian View Post
    There's the move to the 3DS, which includes having to make actual 3D models for over 700 Pokémon, the sheer amount of content and playability in the game, Mega evolutions, etc. Plus, they're one of the only regions that includes Pokémon that are native to many different regions. Too many would be overwhelming.
    I completely agree.

It was probably easier to design the Pokemon in previous generations, but exactly like MesopotamianSumerian said, it would take quite a bit longer to make 719 3d Pokemon.
    Mega Evoloutions are probably small steps. So they can get used to it and stuff.

But I will say this. Game freak could;ve done better with the designs. I mean really, KEYS?
    And why would I want to use KEYS?
    Last edited by the_alpha_sapphire_champ; 7th August 2014 at 4:51 PM.

The forces have met.
    Now only they decide the fate that awaits us.

~I have claimed thee Suicune~
    Visit my site at http://jirachi9.weebly.com/
    Also, I'm looking for a shiny Jirachi, so please PM me to make a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by the_alpha_sapphire_champ View Post
    I completely agree.

It was probably easier to design the Pokemon in previous generations, but exactly like MesopotamianSumerian said, it would take quite a bit longer to make 719 3d Pokemon.
    Mega Evoloutions are probably small steps. So they can get used to it and stuff.

But I will say this. Game freak could;ve done better with the designs. I mean really, KEYS?
    It's a lot better than battling with a 6-foot mound of garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by katelia View Post
    I agree with you on that. The plot felt quite shallow in comparison to other generations. We've got a lot of great extras and you won't hear me complain about that, but if you saw how much effort was put into creating a somewhat more mature plot for the Unova games, then XY really felt as if we had fallen back to little children's plot.

Anyway, I'm quite sure there's something behind that whole mysterious hotel guy. I'm just not sure if my speculation about the extra Kalos part is true xD
    Maybe they'll go for a different EU country next? England would be my first guess then.
    I'm with you 100% on this, to me Kalos almost had like zero plot at all. This time you just did the same thing as always. Get your starter, travel the region, get the badges, become the champ, catch the legendary, and save the world. Not much else after the game except for Looker, and that wasn't even decent. We did slump into a kid's plot line, but it's so easy my 6-year old cousins can understand it....they ruined all the new potential they had.
    An entire new region, a new type for Pokémon to be, and what do they do? Slap Fairy-type on about 40% of the cute ones from the past, and then like a small handful of new Fairy Pokémon. They could have done so much more, but all their hype for X and Y actually got me a little less excited at first because I knew like half of the stuff that was gonna happen and what new stuff I was gonna get to do. ....kinda disappointed.

Friend Code: 5472-6256-4416
    Trade Shop: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...New-Trade-Shop

Quote Originally Posted by the_alpha_sapphire_champ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post
    It's a lot better than battling with a 6-foot mound of garbage.
    Neither one of these was or is ever even remotely a problem. People need to move on. And not type in purple while moving on.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Neither one of these was or is ever even remotely a problem. People need to move on. And not type in purple while moving on.
    Everyone has their preferences.

For some, it is indeed a problem. For others, it means nothing.

I love Kalos, don't get me wrong, but dang this game went by fast xD. I ran through the game not even meaning to.
    I did notice the lack of new Pokemon and saw tons of the old Pokemon way more than I expected. I think Mega-Evolution was the main thing for this region.
    H E L L O

I breed starter Pokemon constantly, so I always have a ton of them for trade! I have all released HA starter Pokemon as well, and IVs can be added. PM me if you need one!

FC: 4098-3996-8590
    IGN: G
    FS: Poison-Ariados, Gloom, Muk

HAs : and more.
    I'll breed any on request and can get some IVs on them as well.

They made a little amount of Kalos pokemon as an inverse to Unova having a Pokedex that was larger than Generation 1's. That and the negative reception of so many "badly designed" Unova pokemon were received negatively. France focuses on minimalism and for Kalos pokemon to be so few makes them that much more valuable. Of course, if you add Mega Evolution's into the fray then it's an entirely new ball game.
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    They made a little amount of Kalos pokemon as an inverse to Unova having a Pokedex that was larger than Generation 1's. That and the negative reception of so many "badly designed" Unova pokemon were received negatively. France focuses on minimalism and for Kalos pokemon to be so few makes them that much more valuable. Of course, if you add Mega Evolution's into the fray then it's an entirely new ball game.
    I am ultimately pleased Gen 6's roster of pokemon.

I could easily see myself playing with those pokemon generations from now. I haven't clung to a generation of pokemon like this since Gen 3, which happens to be my favorite generation of pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by MelonGerbil View Post
    Isnt that a good thing? Less pokemans to catch for shiny charm. Plus it means less useless pokemon.
    Im pretty sure we got the same ammount of useless pokemon.

It was just GF casually giving superb abilities to anything.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

I'm fairly sure that they expected a lot of people to return with X & Y with the whole mega evolution thing and because its 3D pokemon...so they made it possible for people to catch up on the pokedex. If it was something like 800 that we had to accumulate, I would have said "screw-it". Besides, this game seems like it was designed to get straight to the competitive nature of the game, so they kept it simple pickings so you could get to breeding and training your team.
    Premier Ball Trainer
    Competent Breeder
    FC: 1435-4854-1667

Quote Originally Posted by katelia View Post
    I've got a small theory for that might not even be my own but I think Kalos will have an upgrade with new Pokémon sometime in the future. The map of Kalos might be a hint for that, it's only half of "France" which they used for the map + there's this mysterious guy in the hotels who gives you a hint about "another region" that is not one of the previous. It's just speculation though... but it is intriguing.
    Totally agree. I personally believe ORAS will fill the remaining gaps in the national pokedex. What would they advertise for ZXY2 just new megas and the same exact pokemon that were available in the last two games? I think the next game will have the player "rediscovering" the native pokemon that became extinct during the war.
    Ranked Number 922 Globally in the April Friendly Competition!
    & Ranked 417 in the U.S.A!

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude53 View Post
    What would they advertise for ZXY2 just new megas and the same exact pokemon that were available in the last two games?
    Which is what they've advertised for every previous revisit to a region, so yes.

-----
    Words to|live by

Which is what they've advertised for every previous revisit to a region, so yes.
    No. What I mean is for Platinum they had new evolutions and added older pokemon to the dex for the wow factor. BW2 promoted older pokemon because BW only had the new pokemon. But for the next Kalos game it will be a pretty boring experience. The only new wow factor would be new megas and a slight story revision. I think ithis generation will end differently however.

No. What I mean is for Platinum they had new evolutions and added older pokemon to the dex for the wow factor. BW2 promoted older pokemon because BW only had the new pokemon. But for the next Kalos game it will be a pretty boring experience. The only new wow factor would be new megas and a slight story revision. I think ithis generation will end differently however.
    You're making a distinction where there really wouldn't be any. There were no new evolutions in Platinum, just new formes - which there almost certainly will be in whatever next Kalos title awaits, given what we know. You hardly list anything at all for B/W2. And that all conveniently ignores the fact that Crystal and Emerald each introduced hardly anything to the bestiary, a list that I believe starts and ends with Deoxys' Speed Forme.

Again, you're picking selective information and using it to form a half-truth as part of your predictions.

-----
    Words to|live by

You're making a distinction where there really wouldn't be any. There were no new evolutions in Platinum, just new formes - which there almost certainly will be in whatever next Kalos title awaits, given what we know. You hardly list anything at all for B/W2. And that all conveniently ignores the fact that Crystal and Emerald each introduced hardly anything to the bestiary, a list that I believe starts and ends with Deoxys' Speed Forme.

Again, you're picking selective information and using it to form a half-truth as part of your predictions.
    I am simply stating my opinion. Not pushing it as factual. And in DP you couldn't use the new cross generational evolutions until beating the game. Platinum changed the dex and that's how it was advertised. I believe the pokemon franchise is going to have an overhaul soon connecting to even more people than ever before. A patch that could include brand new pokemon after the next Kalos regional game is entirely possible. It even states Kalos' war killed and extinct many existing pokemon at the time. The next games could elaborate and reintroduce those pokemon. Again this is my opinion.
    Last edited by thatdude53; 21st August 2014 at 7:12 AM.

I believe the pokemon franchise is going to have an overhaul soon connecting to even more people than ever before. A patch that could include brand new pokemon after the next Kalos regional game is entirely possible. It even states Kalos' war killed and extinct many exsisting pokemon at the time. The next games could elaborate and reintroduce those pokemon. Again this is my opinion.
    And if that's your "opinion", whatever, can't change that (technology isn't there yet). I'm not even sure what it means that "the franchise is going to have an overhaul soon connecting to even more people than ever before", but whatever.

The point is that you were trying to claim that something that's been done four or five times already couldn't possibly be used in the exact same way again. It wasn't even the "well, just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't happen now!" that's become so overused, it was "they would never use this as a selling point!" when they have in fact done just that in just about every generation. And all of this is ignoring the extent to which what you suggest would dilute fragment the concept of "new Pokémon!", which is actually used as a selling point, but in a new generation.

-----
    Words to|live by

And if that's your "opinion", whatever, can't change that (technology isn't there yet). I'm not even sure what it means that "the franchise is going to have an overhaul soon connecting to even more people than ever before", but whatever.

The point is that you were trying to claim that something that's been done four or five times already couldn't possibly be used in the exact same way again. It wasn't even the "well, just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't happen now!" that's become so overused, it was "they would never use this as a selling point!" when they have in fact done just that in just about every generation. And all of this is ignoring the extent to which what you suggest would dilute fragment the concept of "new Pokémon!", which is actually used as a selling point, but in a new generation.
    I'm saying since the 3DS is capable of being patched the new selling point in the next Kalos regional game could very well be entirely new pokemon. The technology has been available since 2011. The decision simply needs to be made. It's my opinion as to why the lack of new pokemon. It's like you stalk the forums just awaiting the opportunity to shred anyone's opinion that differs from your own.

It's like you stalk the forums just awaiting the opportunity to shred anyone's opinion that differs from your own.
    No, sorry, countering the same and largely baseless theory when I see it come up - often when you bring it up, apropos of little else - hardly qualifies as that. Are you suggesting it's okay for one person to espouse their "opinion" but not okay for other people to point out the flaws?

-----
    Words to|live by

No, sorry, countering the same and largely baseless theory when I see it come up - often when you bring it up, apropos of little else - hardly qualifies as that. Are you suggesting it's okay for one person to espouse their "opinion" but not okay for other people to point out the flaws?
    Yes. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion; however, just pointing out just the flaws in every post leads little to discuss. Instead of debunking ideas, opinions, and theories maybe including your own would bring up more insight to the possibilities of the future. Just something to think about in your free time.

No, I don't believe any discussions are lacking for people - me, someone else, that other guy over there - not including what so often amounts to technological fanfiction.

-----
    Words to|live by

No, I don't believe any discussions are lacking for people - me, someone else, that other guy over there - not including what so often amounts to technological fanfiction.
    Fanfiction is something that isn't possible. What I'm talking about is possible. Big difference. Maybe it's just that you have no ideas about the lack of pokemon or the future of the franchise or you simply don't care to share your thoughts which is fine. Just can't wait til the possibilities are being executed.

I was dissapointed at the lack of Kalos Pokemon. I was really expecting more Pokemon from this game. I think Game Freak and Nintendo think that Mega Evolutions make up for this, but it really doesn't in my opinion.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast