Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lack of Kalos Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by cagedWINGS View Post
    Hi. I'm a Poison-type fan. You must be new here :P. We only got Dragalge in Gen VI, but I think I mentioned in a previous post that I don't mind at all because instead of getting generic Poison-types (like Poison/Bug, Poison/Grass, mono-Poison) we got something awesome.

I think that speaks for the other types of Pokemon that were less loved this time around. You mentioned Aegislash and Klefki. They are Ghost/Steel and Fairy/Steel respectively. That's completely awesome. Give me two unique dual-types instead of more of the same sucky Steel/Ground or Steel/Rock-types like we've seen a million times before.

Okay, granted, we've only ever seen two Steel/Ground-types before, but I feel that Steel, Ground and Rock are always lumped into the same category of 'hard, defensive, rock dudes'. Its refreshing seeing something different.

I hear you with Bug-types though. And they chose to have a gym based on Bug-type Pokemon. Oops! The saving grace for Vivillon is its gimmick. Yeah, gimmicks are 'eh' at the best of times, but I really enjoy collecting as many of the little blighters as I can.
    Personally, I thought that Poison and electric lost out and didn't get many pokemon. Ok we had Dragalage, Heliolisk and dedenne, but that was it. The lack of pokemon meant that certain types missed out.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    Personally, I thought that Poison and electric lost out and didn't get many pokemon. Ok we had Dragalage, Heliolisk and dedenne, but that was it. The lack of pokemon meant that certain types missed out.
    Most love was given to the Fairy-types this generation, and rightly so. They had to introduce 'the Dragon killers' with a bang. I feel they succeeded.
    Proud Poison-type Club member!

"Despair to the creeping horror of Poison-type Pokémon!"

LOOKING FOR A DITTO FRIEND SAFARI. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE, THANKS!!

I was expecting it to be like 5th gen were almost everything you see is new. In 6th gen i was like nooo the zubats returned. But I understand why they did it and it turned out great.
    Pokemon Diamond: 2450-7230-9087
    Pokemon x friend code: 3883-6647-7783

well x and y was being made before black and white came out in 2010 it took them 3 years to do x and y with a staff count of 500 working on it... adding romance in the game with one of the npc... dont forget it takes time to do each model in the 3d form and they had to re do some to make it look good like the megas it took them awhile to master the 3d and the move sets etc of them... but they might add more pokemon for future gaming

heyheyheyheyhey

DLC is always an option for Gamefreak
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

X/Y has so many new features, only 69 pojemon is perfectly fine with me. You also have to consider that Pokemon such as Florges and Vivillion have multiple forms.
    Friend Code: 3239-2255-2106

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    heyheyheyheyhey

DLC is always an option for Gamefreak
    Not likely, or at least not likely for XY. About half-way down, a few paragraphs beneath the picture of Calem/Serena.

Quote Originally Posted by sheld999 View Post
    adding romance in the game with one of the npc...
    Which was really stupid. Not to mention poorly executed since all I saw was a girl with a crush and me going on my merry way...away from her.
    May they never do that romance bs again.

Not to mention Shauna looks like she's 5, so talk about creepy.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Which was really stupid. Not to mention poorly executed since all I saw was a girl with a crush and me going on my merry way...away from her.
    May they never do that romance bs again.

Not to mention Shauna looks like she's 5, so talk about creepy.
    I didn't like the plot either. Kinda childish. I think they aimed more towards the youth though...I heard that from someone...but do you guys think mega evos count towards the pokedex?
    3DS FC-2380-2345-7695

Quote Originally Posted by Curo View Post
    but do you guys think mega evos count towards the pokedex?
    They don't.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Mega evolution, 3dness, animation and more

I really was expecting there to be a quite a few more cross gen evolutions in gen 6 than there was. I was convinced a least a pre- evo for sawk and throh.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    I really was expecting there to be a quite a few more cross gen evolutions in gen 6 than there was. I was convinced a least a pre- evo for sawk and throh.
    No real offense to their fans but in looking at the atrocity that is Tangrowth and Rhyperior (both in terms of design and they fact they are full-fledged Pokémon), it really solidifies my sadness that the Mega formes of Houndoom, Banette, Absol and Pinsir were not actual evolutions.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

I think it is a smart choice. I always thought that excluding gen 2, the generations then to include too many new pokemon. Its a quality over quantity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    The number I didn't have a problem with. It was enough to keep things reasonably fresh even though a dozen or so more may have been more ideal. The quality was good enough for me as well - there were enough for me to develop a reasonable team.

I think the type distribution was out of whack though, excluding Fairies (since of course they would show off the new type). Out of 69 Pokemon, there are nine Dragon types. Nine. That's five evolutionary lines. Despite it being the rarest type. Meanwhile, we only got one Bug line, one Water line that wasn't either version exclusive or a starter (and even then, one becomes a dragon) and four Normal lines of which only one was pure Normal. That isn't right.

I think that's why Kalos' Pokemon selection feels so small, even to me - the type diversity doesn't feel right. There's an overload of exotic types but the more common types are left out, so it feels devoid of filler, which in turn makes the number of Pokemon feel very small even if it isn't .
    Bit in bold - To be honest they still got their favourite water types in and I am glad Dragon outnumbers water types this gen. Binacle/Barbaracle are the token Rock/Water that they for once did not do with the fossil pokemon and are ultimately pointless. I vote them for most useless of the gen VI pokemon.

I do agree about "exotic" typings being a bit much and I am annoyed because there would not be such an issue with too many new dual typings if they had bothered to include new dual typings in earlier generations. They only really began new dual typings properly from gen III onwards and so gen VI comes along and they are like "wait we still haven't had this type combination, let's do it and for that and that....". So not only does it mean all the new pokemon are mostly filled with these unique new dual typings... but because they have been introduced as late as gen VI then it means that that pokemon line will be the only line for a while with that typing so not really being fairly balanced when compared to common water/poison and ground/rock dual typings.
    Shinies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufox86 View Post
    Bit in bold - To be honest they still got their favourite water types in and I am glad Dragon outnumbers water types this gen. Binacle/Barbaracle are the token Rock/Water that they for once did not do with the fossil pokemon and are ultimately pointless. I vote them for most useless of the gen VI pokemon. .
    What.
    Shell Smash with Tough Claws boost can't be that useless.
    Especially not with Dedenne around.

OY! Don't come for Barbaracle! My home girl not only was brought up to speed fast (translation: around the same level as my other teammates) but she kicks major a** as well!
    Pokémon in My Safari:

^ it kinda freaks me out though...

What I find to be really weird is the lack of water types. In game, I organize pokemon in my PC by type, and normally the Water Box is full and I have to make two or three, but when I beat the game, there was only one sad Luvdisc in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufox86 View Post
    Binacle/Barbaracle are the token Rock/Water that they for once did not do with the fossil pokemon
    Corsola isn't a fossil Pokémon either, that still has that type combination, so you're wrong in claiming that those two are the only non-fosill Pokémon with that type combination.

Relicanth isn't a fossil Pokémon either as you can catch it with ultra ball instead of reviving it. But it kinda is like a fossil.

Speaking of Fossils, this generation has my favorite ones. You can't go wrong with a T-Rex Pokemon.
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/214a1yb.gif[/IMG]
    Pokemon X and Y
    ]

Half of the Kalos new poke roster is Megaevo's, and the other half is new pokes.
    Simple.
    FC: 2251-5486-7013
    NNID: ImmortalMewtwo (banned on MIIVERSE again, f()(K you sir* )
    Pokémon Y IGN: IMMORTALMEW2

You make Mewtwo a sad Mewtwo unless you subscribe and/or at least watch it...
    www.youtube.com/immortalmewtwo

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalMewtwo View Post
    Half of the Kalos new poke roster is Megaevo's, and the other half is new pokes.
    Simple.
    Actually, the amount of new Pokémon surpasses the amount of Mega Evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Actually, the amount of new Pokémon surpasses the amount of Mega Evolutions.
    Meh. Close enough in math i reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalMewtwo View Post
    Actually no.

There are 68 new Kalos Pokémon and 28 Mega Evolutions. So the amount of new Pokémon are more than double the amount of Mega Evolutions.

If we count mega evolutions as new Pokémon, it would still be less than 100 Pokémon in total introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Actually no.

There are 68 new Kalos Pokémon and 28 Mega Evolutions. So the amount of new Pokémon are more than double the amount of Mega Evolutions.

If we count mega evolutions as new Pokémon, it would still be less than 100 Pokémon in total introduced.
    Close enough
    I don't feel like having evidence backing up my statement right now, that's somebody elses job.
    Oh look! There's someone who can do my job! Thanks Blaze!

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast