Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lack of Kalos Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalMewtwo View Post
    Meh. Close enough in math i reckon.
    Close enough
    I don't feel like having evidence backing up my statement right now, that's somebody elses job.
    Oh look! There's someone who can do my job! Thanks Blaze!
    I get your point though. There were indeed a lot of Mega Evolutions introduced the generation, and I do agree that it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    I get your point though. There were indeed a lot of Mega Evolutions introduced the generation, and I do agree that it's a good thing.
    Just how much I appeciate the new MEGAEVO thing in X/Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3mFu...re=c4-overview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCZdE...re=c4-overview

EDIT: Now Hydrohs is having an issue with Profanity. How swell. How's about adding it to the filter ay?
    Last edited by ImmortalMewtwo; 23rd February 2014 at 1:29 AM.
    FC: 2251-5486-7013
    NNID: ImmortalMewtwo (banned on MIIVERSE again, f()(K you sir* )
    Pokémon Y IGN: IMMORTALMEW2

You make Mewtwo a sad Mewtwo unless you subscribe and/or at least watch it...
    www.youtube.com/immortalmewtwo

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Actually no.

There are 68 new Kalos Pokémon and 28 Mega Evolutions. So the amount of new Pokémon are more than double the amount of Mega Evolutions.

If we count mega evolutions as new Pokémon, it would still be less than 100 Pokémon in total introduced.
    Just a bit of correction...

There are 69 Kalos Pokemon, plus 3 event Legendaries, making it a total of 72. There are 29 Mega Evolutions (counting Charizard and Mewtwo X & Y separately, but Lati@s only 1 since they both share a single design).

Considering Megas as "new", we get exactly 101 Pokemon. Greater than gen 2, design-wise.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Just a bit of correction...

There are 69 Kalos Pokemon, plus 3 event Legendaries, making it a total of 72. There are 29 Mega Evolutions (counting Charizard and Mewtwo X & Y separately, but Lati@s only 1 since they both share a single design).

Considering Megas as "new", we get exactly 101 Pokemon. Greater than gen 2, design-wise.
    Mega Latios and Mega Latias have slightly different designs in that their eye colour is different and Mega Latias has different facial features, so they should be counted seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Mega Latios and Mega Latias have slightly different designs in that their eye colour is different and Mega Latias has different facial features, so they should be counted seperately.
    Since when did this occur?!

That just a fighter jet! Ha! Such creativity!

Since when did this occur?!

That just a fighter jet! Ha! Such creativity!
    Sorry, but what are you saying here?

That is a picture of Mega Latios, so what is yoir point?

In my opinion, if it's not in the Pokedex, it doesn't count as a new Pokemon. Not to mention, Mega Evolutions are adding on to the design of an existing Pokemon. I doubt making a ME is as difficult as coming up with a new Pokemon from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    There are 69 Kalos Pokemon, plus 3 event Legendaries, making it a total of 72.
    I wasn't counting the event Pokémon who weren't introduced when X/Y were introduced. I was only counting the ones we knew about when the games were released.

But yeah you got me there, I did do a miscalcuation and thought they were 68 and not 69.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Sorry, but what are you saying here?

That is a picture of Mega Latios, so what is yoir point?
    I'm stating how creative MONSTERS are trying to be. First we had a pile of garbage, then a coffin, then a set of keys.
    And now we have a set of fighter jets. How swell.

I'm not too keen on the gimped number of Pokemon. I like Pokemon, because I like collecting things. There's an overall faulty number of pokemon and and even faultier amount of attention to detail in the fewer number of pokemon. Some pokemon need evolutions from previous generations, and there are many opportunities for new pokemon. It's just sad that Nintendo can't seem to see that, and instead give us sub-par pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by m5silentwalrus View Post
    I'm not too keen on the gimped number of Pokemon. I like Pokemon, because I like collecting things. There's an overall faulty number of pokemon and and even faultier amount of attention to detail in the fewer number of pokemon. Some pokemon need evolutions from previous generations, and there are many opportunities for new pokemon. It's just sad that Nintendo can't seem to see that, and instead give us sub-par pokemon.
    Who doesn't want Fighter Jet Legendaires?
    Come-on MONSTERS, step your game up man!

Quote Originally Posted by m5silentwalrus View Post
    It's just sad that Nintendo can't seem to see that, and instead give us sub-par pokemon.
    It's far, far more problematic when people do this and try and present the given number and/or aesthetics of what we did get as being objectively flawed. If you don't like them or how many of them there are, that's your prerogative, but trying to paint this false narrative of "Nintendo [who doesn't even play a part in the process] is too lazy/too stupid/not good enough and did a poor job" is simply no part accurate and serves zero purpose.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'm stating how creative MONSTERS are trying to be. First we had a pile of garbage, then a coffin, then a set of keys.
    Yeah, it's not like the first gen gave us crap like a pokeball, a pokeball upside down, a pile of slime, bigger pile of slime, and multi-headed beings. Hydreigon, seriously?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I have to wonder if anyone bothers to look up the origins and concepts behind a Pokemon before bashing it. Kelfki isn't just a "set of keys". If you do some research on fairies, you'll learn they were often blamed for small objects being missing, such as keys. So I think it's clever that there's a Pokemon resembling a key chain to reflect that.
    Last edited by SKyLineR32; 23rd February 2014 at 4:22 AM.

I don't get why so many people have a problem with Pokémon that are basically moving inanimate objects.

Yeah, they look silly, but Pokémon aren't supposed to be realistic anyway. The fact that they look strange and unusual is what makes them so awesome.

But I do agree that Garbodor looks horrible. It is the ugliest Pokémon in my opinion.

How is a big dog breathing fire (Arcanine) and a big mouse bringing a lot of electricity from its body (mouse) any more realistic than inanimate objects alive?

I used to hate on the new Pokemon from the newer gens, but then I actually got past that, and started enjoying it.

The thing that people dont always seem to remember, is every Gen had its good and bad Pokemon. Gen 1, for example, had as a previous person mentioned, a Pokeball, an upside down Pokemon. A floating rock with 2 arms. A Magnet. 3 Magnets together etc. Personally I hate the designs like Garbador etc, but meh. They've always been there. I absolutely hate Diggersby though. That thing looks like a pedophile.

I love most of the mega evolutions, and I think they are actually more difficult to make than creating new Pokemon from scratch. Remember, many people have used these Pokemon for long and love playing with them. Now if u add mega evolutions, you HAVE to please those people. Otherwise nostalgia etc is completely lost, if u take their favorite Pokemon and ruin it. Look at some of the fan drawings of new Pokemon. Any artistic person can come up with New Pokemon.

I dont mind the fewer Pokemon added in this gen though. If they add too many, people complain. If they add too little, people complain. That will always be there. I do hate the lack of content in X and Y though. I basicly ran through the game in 2-3 days (Not constant playing), and afterwards all I had to do was catch Zygarde and help Detective Looker. That sucks..... They could've really added more game content after Elite 4. I think they might continue with a patch or something. To give Kalos more content later on. For example the Legendary trio that got leaked or w/e, which ppl thought didnt exist. (Diancie, Volcanion etc)
    Last edited by Eruantiel; 23rd February 2014 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantiel View Post
    I think they might continue with a path or something. To give Kalos more content later on. For example the Legendary trio that got leaked or w/e, which ppl thought didnt exist. (Diancie, Volcanion etc)
    Every individual whose comments on the subject matter is on public record as saying there is no DLC on the way besides the event Pokémon to which we are accustomed. What X and Y are now is what they will continue to be going forward.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Every individual whose comments on the subject matter is on public record as saying there is no DLC on the way besides the event Pokémon to which we are accustomed. What X and Y are now is what they will continue to be going forward.
    Maybe its more wishful thinking on my part than what actually might happen. I wouldnt mind an entire new gen for the next game though. But that might be a while be4 we find out what the next game will be.

I'm honestly glad they introduced a much lesser-than usual number of Pokemon this generation. Although I love seeing new Pokemon, bringing in a large amount just a few years after Gen V brought us a record total would be suffocating, as well as difficult to pull off. They have taken a brake from introducing a bulk amount of Pokemon which is very good as it gave them more time to focus on the things that matter more - the game itself.

moved this into 6th gen because it makes more sense to be here

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

God, you sound like a genwunner. You mock Klefki, but have you used one? Prankster Klefki is amazing. I'm surprised you didn't mock the Honedge-line too. And having 'fighter jets' as you say, isn't that unbelievable. The Lati Twins are focused on being aerodynamic and speed, hence their Mega design.

I understand the disappointment in the amount of new Pokemon, but personally I'm OK with it. I love almost every mon in this gen, which I can't say for gen 5. There are so many Kalos Pokemon that I still want to use on a team in the future, and that didn't happen for Unova. Quality over quantity.

Plus, we're getting to the point now where we have SO many, so I think they needed to start scaling it back a bit. It's already a lot for new players to take in, and I personally liked how the Kalos region is a good mix of old and new Pokemon. And I'd rather see which old mons we love get Megas in the future instead of seeing new Pokemon that people complain about.
    Last edited by SoulOfSilver; 25th February 2014 at 4:06 PM.
    Current Alpha Sapphire Team:

Hoenn Pokédex: Caught 70/211
    Friend Code: 3497-2105-7478 (Scott)

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I thought that it wasn't that they weren't going to release DLC, but that they weren't going to release PAID DLC. (insert bad pokebank joke here)
    Pokemon archetypes I hope to see in future generations: Zombie, Minotaur, Centaur

My 3ds friend code: 3523-2525-4960
    safari pokemon: Drowzee, Espurr and Duosion
    Pm me if you wish to add me to the list.

^Ah ah ah! Pokébank isn't DLC, it's a separate app/service that connects & communicates to the main game.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalKing1417 View Post
    I thought that it wasn't that they weren't going to release DLC, but that they weren't going to release PAID DLC. (insert bad pokebank joke here)
    Again, everyone who matters is on record as saying no major DLC of any sort is in the offing.

As previously stated, Pokémon Bank is DLC only in the loosest possible definition of the word and I don't imagine that's what anyone is talking about when discussing the matter.

-----
    Words to|live by

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast