Thread: Community POTW #014

Default Community POTW #014

Time for the next one, and we have a classic

It's the classic Poison-type, Weezing.

Weezing was not available in Generation VI until Bank opened up last month, and has found comfortable uses in the new metagame, especially as it can now destroy fairies

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/110.shtml

Go nuts

wow! weezing! Not very popular pokemon,but that doesn't mean it's not good. Only psychic deal x2 to it since it has levitate abillity. Now a fairy slayer this pokemon has big potential.
    This is how i would train him.

L.A.

-Toxic Spikes
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Destiny Bond/Hidden Power (Steel)
    Item: Black Sludge
    EVs: Sp. Attack 252,HP 126, Sp. Defense 126
    Nature: Modest or Quiet

This is a Fairy slayer. It can literally faint any fairy type pokemon. From Fairy-only like Clefairy to double types like Crabink (Crabink if hidden power (steel) is chosen over destiny bond).
    I think is better to invest EVs to Sp Def over Def because majority of psy attacks are special (3,4 with psyshock,are physical). I think i'm gonna train it now. I like this pokemon even more now since is awesome against fairies. Btw i called this set L.A. because that was Weezing's beta name back in R/G/B
    Last edited by venom1950; 26th January 2014 at 2:52 PM.

FC: 2294-4517-3671 (IGN: Alen)
    21.4.2014. National Pokedex completed

Psychic friend safari:

Pokegym League gym badges earned:
    Astral-Shadow and The-Under for the frontier userbar
    and Turpoo for the battle reef userbar
    and Azulart for the gym badges

Oh, this guy? Okay, I always found this thing to be quite underrated. First of all, it's got a nifty Fighting resistance and Ground immunity, making it one of the best checks, if not counter to most physical attackers courtesy of it's massive 120 base Defense. Immunity to Toxic also pretty good. It's got a pretty good offensive movepool that can actually threaten things despite being a defensive Pokemon, and it's not very lacking in terms of support either. The Poison buff aka Fairies also makes it a tad bit more useful. Although you won't really see this thing much in OU play, it can still be very good at what it does if you use it properly.

Oops, Did I Just Pass Gas?
    Weezing @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/124 Def/132 Speed or 252 HP/224 Def/28 Speed
    Nature: Bold

Will-O-Wisp
    Sludge Bomb/Clear Smog/Haze
    Pain Split
    Fire Blast/Taunt

A standard defensive set that laughs at the likes of Mega Mawile lacking a Steel STAB, Azumarrill, Conkeldurr, Tyranitar, maybe Gliscor, and a few others. Will-O-Wisp cripples all physical attackers barring Fire types like Talonflame, further enhancing it's walling capabilities. Sludge Bomb is a decently powerful STAB that can do solid damage and Poison things. Clear Smog helps to ruin setup attackers. However, if you don't like Steels like Mega Lucario ruining your day, Haze can be used, although Clear Smog's immunity to Taunt essentially makes it more effective. Fire Blast dents Steels whom it otherwise can't touch. Taunt completely screws up attempts of setup; it completely screws SkarmBliss over, and Weezing can outspeed 24 Speed Skarmory with 116 Speed and Taunt it before it does anything. It also stops Florges from Aromatherapying those Burns away, thus the 132 EVs in speed. Should Blissey try to wear you down with Seismic Toss or whatever elemental move variate between fishing for status with Will-O-Wisp or Sludge Bomb and recover health with Pain Split, which makes it a good anti-stall tactic, especially with Taunt. 28 Speed EVs outspeed 0 Tyranitar so it gets to Will-O-Wisp before it does something.

Nuclear Bomb
    Weezing @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Speed
    Nature: Modest

Sludge Bomb
    Fire Blast
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Grass/Thunderbolt/Pain Split

A gimmicky set but it can work if you want it to, combining the power of bulk and the ability to do damage. Sludge Bomb hits things hard and can Poison. Fire Blast kills those pesky Steels that could easily switch in with no hassle. Shadow Ball is for Ghosts who can take your STAB pretty well. Hidden Power Grass hits things like Gastrodon and other Ground types that can easily switch in, while Thunderbolt is just a decently powerful minor coverage move. Pain Split gives healing.
    Last edited by YagamiNoir4896; 26th January 2014 at 2:49 PM.
    Image removed. Check out the signature rules. If you need help, make sure to check out the signature check thread in newbie lounge.

He doesn't absorb toxic spikes since he levitates. But everything else sounds right.
    Mike: 2793-0594-7347
    Pokemon Master in White 2. Aiming to demolish 6th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockleon View Post
    He doesn't absorb toxic spikes since he levitates. But everything else sounds right.
    Whoops, sorry. Noted and thanks.
    Image removed. Check out the signature rules. If you need help, make sure to check out the signature check thread in newbie lounge.

Wow: Weezing. Some people are going to be thrilled about this PotW.

Typing: Pure poison is a good start. 5 resists, 2 of those being Fighting and Grass are the key boons of a being a poison. Immunity to the Poison status means that they are all that much harder to stop. Unfortunately, weaknesses to the ever common Ground* and Psychic means that poison types have a hard time staying in for fear of being wiped out.
    Offensively poison has been poor for generations, finally gaining a boon in this one. While being advantageous against Grass rarely comes into play, being one of the two types that can strike fairies hard means that Poison STABs have a new merit beyond just badly poisoning everything in sight.
    *Poison is a relatively good type defensively and gets even better with Weezing’s ability.

Ability: Weezing is a pokemon revolutionized by its ability. Seeing how good poison types are normally, Weezing just gets better with Levitate. Gaining an immunity to Ground is one of the best things that has happened to Weezing. Now sporting only one weakness and immunity to 2 out of the 3 entry hazards means that putting down the mustard gas won’t be so easy. Doesn’t take that much damage from Stealth Rock either. Frankly, the only thing bad about Levitate on Weezing is that it cannot absorb Toxic Spikes.

Stats: Enough gushing about how good levitating poisons are. Stat wise, Weezing doesn’t excel at much, but it doesn’t fail at much. Base 120 DEF is great and with a resistance/immunity to two of the most popular physical attacking types in the game, Weezing was born to wall. Base 65 HP hurts a bit, but Weezing can live with that. Base 70 SDEF hurts in conjunction with that below average HP, meaning the gas bag crumples under special attacks. Base 90 ATK and 85 SATK, while not stellar, are usable and means Weezing can pack a surprising punch. Weezing’s poor SPD (60) means it will have to rely on its defenses or Trick Room to perform.

Moves: Weezing’s physical and special move pools are sparse but serves what it needs. While Sludge Bomb serves as Weezings only viable offensive STAB, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt/Thunder, Payback, and Gyro Ball fill out Weezing’s move pool, giving it a wide range of coverage. Support wise is where Weezing really shines; in addition to the mandatory Toxic and weather inducers, Weezing possesses the coveted Haze/Clear Smog, Toxic Spikes, Taunt and Infestation. Pain Split works as pseudo recovery for Weezing, allowing to survive for longer. And in the end, Weezing can go out with a bang; with Memento, Explosion and Destiny Bond, your foe is certainly to be at a disadvantage when the gas passes on its terms.

The Verdict: “Who pumping gas into the bank? I don’t know sir, just don’t light a match!” Weezing has many pros and few cons. Frankly its only disadvantage is the generational power creep which makes its job harder then ever.
    I was once routed by a Gengar who critted 4 times in a row on my team. Morale of the story; Crits happen and Sucker Punch is good Gengar repellent.

FC: 5043-1767-3387
    In-game Name: Xeran

Quote Originally Posted by YagamiNoir4896 View Post
    Nuclear Bomb
    Weezing @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Speed
    Nature: Modest

Sludge Bomb
    Fire Blast
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Fighting/Thunderbolt/Pain Split

Hidden Power Grass hits things like Gastrodon and other Ground types that can easily switch in, while Thunderbolt is just a decently powerful minor coverage move. Pain Split gives healing.
    Minor typo
    I was once routed by a Gengar who critted 4 times in a row on my team. Morale of the story; Crits happen and Sucker Punch is good Gengar repellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestorn View Post
    Minor typo
    Damn it. I'm sleepy so I really didn't concentrate much, sorry.

The Great Wall Of Weezing
    Weezing@Black Sludge
    Bold nature
    Levitate
    252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Defense
    ~Stockpile
    ~Flamethrower/Will-O-Wisp
    ~Pain Split
    ~Clear Smog

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO! This week, we cover my all-time favorite Pokémon, the incredible, amazing, freaking awesome Weezing! Weezing is capable of so much it ain't even funny. Now, this set, it capitalizes on one of Weezing's best points, its Defense. Stockpile boosts both Defense and Special Defense, allowing Weezing to take hits on both sides with relative ease. Flamethrower stops Weezing from becoming total Taunt bait, and can also burn the opponent, though if you don't think Taunt will be a problem, Will-O-Wisp works just as well. Pain Split is, unfortunately, Weezing's best shot at recovering HP. And Clear Smog, that's to deal with any opponents who feel like boosting their stats to overcome Weezing's increased Defense or Special Defense. You don't want Haze, that'll get rid of Weezing's boosts, too.

Item is for HP recovery. Ability is non-negotiable.

Two Heads Are More Badass Than One
    Weezing@Life Orb/Black Sludge
    Modest nature
    Levitate
    252 Sp. Atk/252 HP/4 Sp. Def
    ~Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    ~Psybeam/Shadow Ball.

Weezing has a decent Special Attack stat, and a nice movepool with which to take advantage of it. Sludge Wave will be your STAB move, but Weezing, for reasons I cannot fathom, only had access to the move through the Dream World, and getting one now is no longer possible. So, in the highly probable event that you don't have a Koffing or Weezing with Sludge Wave, then go with Sludge Bomb. Thunderbolt and Flamethrower are for moar coverage, though the latter can be replaced with Fire Blast, which doesn't have quite as bad accuracy as its other type equivalents. The final slot... Psybeam is a nasty surprise, nobody expects Psychic moves from a Weezing. Shadow Ball, however, is good for coverage. Psybeam is illegal with Sludge Wave, though, for whatever that's worth. Just saying, though, given Chesnaught's Hidden Ability, if you can go with Sludge Wave over Sludge Bomb, I suggest you do that.

Item's up to you, whether you think Weezing's power or survivability needs more help. Ability we already covered.

A Bad Case Of Poison Gas
    Weezing@Chesto Berry
    Bold nature
    Levitate
    252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Atk
    ~Belch
    ~Will-O-Wisp
    ~Stockpile
    ~Rest

This set takes advantage of one of Weezing's newest tricks, a cool move called Belch. I've been pushing around an idea for a fake move called Belch for years, though I always pictured it running off of Stockpiled power, though that's neither here nor there. Will-O-Wisp and Stockpile are to help Weezing's defenses. Rest is for recovery, and more importantly, to use up the Chesto Berry. And then comes your attacking move- Belch. The most powerful Poison move Weezing has access to. Once you consume the Chesto Berry, Belch away to your heart's content! I have yet to actually try this set out, but it's on my to-do list, for sure- I got the idea for this off of GameFAQs.

Item is designed to enable Belch usage. Ability, yadda yadda yadda.

Other options:
    *Weezing has better Attack than Special Attack, so you would think a physical attacking set would be viable. You would think. Unfortunately, the physical/special split was not kind to Weezing at all. The poor guy hasn't had physical STAB since before the split. Right now, his physical movepool consists of Payback, Assurance, Gyro Ball, and an assortment of Normal-type moves. Not good coverage at all. Why they didn't give it Gunk Shot yet again is beyond me...
    *Weezing gains access to Toxic Spikes and Infestation this generation, so if you can find room for one of them on a given set (probably not both on the same set, though), then feel free.
    *Haze is a decent idea on the wall set if you want to forego Stockpile for something else, make Weezing more of a physical wall. But considering Stockpile lets Weezing take hits on both sides, I... personally wouldn't use it, myself. If you want to, however, go right ahead.
    *While somewhat gimmicky, Memento can allow Weezing to cripple an opponent and pave the way for one of its teammates to come in. Kinda like dual screen support in one turn that wears off as soon as the opponent switches out.

Abilities:
    *Levitate: Weezing's one and only Ability. Weezing is immune to Ground-type moves not named Sand Attack, and also has immunity to anything else Flying-types do, such as Spikes and Toxic Spikes, Arena Trap, Sky Drop damage, and the effects of the Terrain moves. This also means that Weezing, even as a Poison-type, cannot absorb Toxic Spikes.

Partners:
    At the risk of sounding like I watch way too much of the Pokémon anime, Arbok works well with Weezing. You bring in Arbok on a physical attacker, Intimidate does its work, then you switch Arbok to Weezing, bringing it in on what 9 times out of 10 turns out to be Earthquake. Wish support is also a decent idea, though switching Weezing out so much is not exactly conducive to Stockpile usage. Oh, and this one's important, but be sure and pack a surefire Heatran counter. Trust me. Also, Zoroark. Weezing is probably the best thing to disguise a Zoroark as.

Counters:
    Heatran is a constant molten thorn in Weezing's side. No matter what happens, if the two face off one-on-one, Heatran is gonna come out on top. Especially powerful special attackers are also something to fear, particularly if they know Psychic. And watch out for Haxorus- Mold Breaker will ensure that Weezing feels that Earthquake.

Opinion:
    If I go into any kind of detail regarding my opinion on Weezing, I'll be surpassing the character limit for posts here. So just read this. You'll get the gist of it.

Prediction for next week:
    Slurpuff.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 26th January 2014 at 9:47 PM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Prologue up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Weezing. I loved this thing since Day 1 of Gen I. Because of Weezing and Muk's representations of air and water pollution (respectively), I'm surprised Garbodor wasn't released in Gen I due to it representing land pollution. Regardless, Weezing has had a niche in hassling Fighting and Ground Types, and now it can wreak all kinds of havoc with Fairy Types.

Stats:
    -HP - Slightly-Below Average - Base 65 is hardly worth writing home about, but it's not as bad as it could be.
    -Attack - Good - Base 90 is very usable. The only issue I still have with Weez' is lack of a Physical STAB Move outside of Natural Gift.
    -Defense - Godly - By now, you should realize, Base 120 is labeled "Godly" because of Arceus. I may just do the same thing I do with Base 80 attack/defense Stats with Base 120 and just say "Base 120." from now on...
    -Sp.Atk - Above Average - Base 85 is slightly less usable, but you do have lots of Special options. Plus, Belch is a new option, if you like using Berries.
    -Sp.Def - Below Average - Base 70 is the target of many a Psychic.
    -Speed - Dead Zone - Base 60 is drifting between Base 51 and Base 79, making it hard to justify Trick Room as an option or not, but you do have Curse + Gyro Ball and Payback...

Abilities:
    -Levitate - I should have just said "Ability" as the header because that's all you get. Can't say it's a better or worse option than itself. Best this is removing Ground-Type Moves from your Weaknesses (barring Mold Breaker).

As for Movepool, Weezing is shallow but wide. Lots of Type options, but few options of those Types. Because of Stockpile and Curse, Weezing can really settle in on defensive buffs, but not for too long with that HP.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Weezing is an interesting pokemon, only being weak to psychic, enabling an almost ideal partnership with Zoroark. As for a setup:
    Weezing@Poison Barb
    Levitate
    -Venoshock
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunderbolt/Explosion
    -Poison Gas/Toxic

Simple enough set, poison them with Poison Gas or Toxic, and slam them with Venoshock. Flamethrower and Thunderbolt are for coverage, while Explosion can damage most things to the point of at least half health unless it is Steel/Rock type, in which case you shouldn't be fielding Weezing at all.

As for countering it, Psychic types are the way to go. one decent Psychic will floor it. Be wary of the fact that Zoroark may be shielding for it, due to the predictability of countering Weezings with Psychic type moves.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    Friend Safari- Phantump, Drifblim, Shuppet.
    FC: 2793-1931-7921
    Time zone- London-GMT
    Showdown alt: Delta-Omega
    RIP Crusade's Order
    May the memories of it last many times longer than the guild.
        Spoiler:- VO stuff:

Weezing is pretty interesting; it's defensively solid. With only weakness to Psychic, it is unlikely to be harmed quickly on the physical side. There are so few options in that regard that it can easily tank hits for you.

Weezing, unfortunately, suffers from poor recovery syndrome. With limited HP (65), it's easy to get it down and out, especially if you misread a mixed sweeper. For comparison, a Weezing will beat a purely physical Mega Lucario. However, misread its last attack and it will be KO'd by Flash Cannon. Psychic is a major issue, though most times you can predict it.

Weezing's main outlet for recovery will end up being Pain Split, should you play it for recovery. This is sketchy at the best of times, but acts as a dual heal/hurt move depending on scenario. This becomes a huge issue if you let it absorb hit after hit.

The biggest problem IMO is Weezing's fairly random offensive moves on a weak attack stat. It's got access to Poison, Electric, and Fire. Poison is a weak attack type due to omnipresence of some of its resistances (steel, ground, ghost). Electric is pretty good though, as is fire. Fire will especially help you deal with pesky steels. But don't expect much offensively from Weezing either way from that 85 special attack. I play a lot of Gliscor myself (great counter to Mandibuzz) and I can tell you even STAB 95 attack isn't all that good for hurting things if you don't pump it with EVs. I can't imagine Weezing doing much better.

I always do find myself concerned with its range. There are many Pokemon, especially the ever present Heatran, which send it running for the hills with excellent special bulk and resistance to one of its two condition moves. It is prone to being set up on if the damage from Will-O-Wisp isn't too concerning or if it can navigate around it.

Treat Weezing right though and it can find a spot absorbing physical hits. The lack of major weaknesses physically means it can take a lot of punishment. Just remember that when something has Mold Breaker that it can hit you with Earthquake. Just saying.

Just Call Me Helium, The Lightest Gas Known To Man
    Weezing w/ Black Sludge
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA

Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
    Thunderbolt/Clear Smog/Haze
    Fire Blast/Taunt
    Pain Split

I like Sludge Bomb (I like 30% chance moves as a whole), but it's not a threat enough to really warrant a spot. The only thing I could find it working well on was Clefable and even then Clefable's Cosmic Power will eventually win out.

The move set is pretty standard utility in you're targeting specific threats. Get in, set threats on things, and get out. That basically reads "physical fighting sweepers" with utility hits on electrics (ex - Gyarados) or grass/steel.

Will-O-Wisp will typically take priority over Toxic because it will help you destroy the physical threats. However, Toxic is 100% under Weezing (I HATE missing with Toxic) and will let you hit Victini if it comes out against you and you predict a switch, putting it on a timer.

Thunderbolt will let you clean up some waters. Standard Dragon Dance Gyarados doesn't stand a chance. Sleep Talk Gyarados will be in perpetual sleep if it tries. Really, that's what you want it for. Neutral damage isn't special (10% on Heatran...basically you'll run out of PP before you KO it if you haven't given it PP ups). Even damage against Water's special walls won't help. Pringles...I mean Jellicent will out wait it. Alternatively, you can use Weezing as a true Hazer in case you can't get something to move.

Fire Blast is a great way to threaten the common Steel threats. Take in a Physical Mega Lucario's Close Combat and you're in OHKO range. Forretress drops any plans it has, Ferrothorn is wrecked (80% damage), and Skarmory can't continually deal with it. Though this is really expected though and you can easily find yourself starting a Flash Fire Heatran. Taunt is a great option to go as an alternative since Weezing tends to attract set up sweepers.

Pain Split is you only semi-reliable recovery move. With a lower end HP, it should be reasonably effective with this.
    Last edited by kirant; 26th January 2014 at 7:14 PM.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    ~Will -O- Wisp
    ~Sludge Bomb
    ~Flamethrower / Pain Split
    ~Haze / Taunt

General Analysis

Weezing is liked by many and will continue to keep being liked. Although the Weezing used by James in the anime wasn't all that good, (it's only use was probably using Smokescreen so the team could get away) it's pretty decent in Standard Play. With access to utility moves such as Will-O-Wisp, Weezing can counter physical attackers with ease. Although it's HP stat is below average (65) it's Defense stat is really nice (120). Last generation, Weezing was in the NU (Neverused) tier. This gen it might still be in it or might move up to RU (Rarelyused). Whether or not it does or doesn't, it still is a good Pokemon to use.

Abilities

Levitate

Levitate is really useful on Weezing as it makes it immune to one of it's weaknesses. Therefor it is only weak against the Psychic type. But, due to it having this ability it doesn't clear the field of Toxic Spikes. But overall, this ability is a really good one, and even better on Weezing.

Movesets

Gas Bomb

- Will-O-Wisp
    - Fire Blast/ Flamethrower
    - Pain Split/ Thunderbolt
    - Sludge Bomb/ Hidden Power Ice/ Hidden Power Ground
    Held Item: Black Sludge
    Evs and Nature
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
    Bold Nature: +Def -Atk

This set pretty well-known. The EVs help it counter Mega-Gyarados, Mega-Lucario, Scizor, Landorus, and other Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers such as the ones mentioned. Flamethrower is used to counter Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Scizor. However, Fire Blast could be used to trade accuracy for power. Pain Split offers a some-what reliable form of recovery while also damaging you opponent. Thunderbolt can hit Flying and Water types. Sludge Bomb is a nice STAB move and is super-effective on the new Fairy type. Hidden Power Ice or Hidden Power Ground is your choice depending on what type of coverage you want. HP Ice can hit Ground and Dragon types while HP Ground can damage opposing Poison types as well as Fire, Electric, and Rock types.
    Last edited by zekrombeast; 26th January 2014 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zekrombeast View Post
    Levitate is really useless on Weezing as it makes it immune to one of it's weaknesses.
    That's an odd thing to call useless.

Weezing has a few Pokemon that simply hard counter it, which makes life hard for the floating gas-bomb in OU.

Counters

Heatran - Heatran craps all over Weezing, easily switching in given it's immune to Sludge Bomb/Toxic and can switch into Will-o-Wisp/Fire Blast to grab a Flash Fire boost, and offensive Heatran can 2HKO Weezing with Lava Plume. Even with no special defense investment, Heatran is only 3HKO'ed by HP Ground from physically defensive spreads, and most Weezing don't carry HP Ground anyway.

Alakazam - Though it may be a bit more frail than one might like, Alakazam can easily switch into Toxic or Will-o-Wisp due to Magic Guard, and is only 3HKO'd by Sludge Bomb. Meanwhile, it's a clean 1HKO with Psychic.

Espeon - Espeon's in the same boat as Alakazam, except it takes even less damage from Sludge Bomb, and can bounce back Will-o-Wisps, which will compromise Weezing's survivability. It forces Weezing out with the threat of Psychic, giving it time to easily set up screens.

Weezing's checks are far more abundant, due to its comparatively lower special defense.

Checks

Volcarona - The flaming moth may hate toxic, but it's unaffected by Will-o-Wisp, and is only 4HKO'ed by Sludge Bomb, giving it time to set up a Quiver Dance without much duress. Weezing has to carry the obscure HP Rock to even come close to 2HKOing it.

Mega Charizard Y - The base form doesn't like switching into Thunderbolt, and Toxic is always a damper, but once it Mega Evolves, Y easily fries Weezing with sun-boosted Fire Blasts, giving a clean 1HKO.

Latios - Latios may not like the residual damage from Toxic/Will-o-Wisp, but its good special bulk allows it to only be 4HKO'd by Sludge Bomb, and Weezing is obliterated by Draco Meteor.

Latias - Latias is in the same boat as her brother, although she might miss out on the 1HKO on Weezing due to the lower special attack. That said, she takes even less damage from Weezing's attacks, but still hates the residual damage.

Other special attackers such as Rotom-W, Greninja, etc. can usually 2HKO Weezing with their powerful special attacks, but hate getting Toxic or Will-o-Wisp slapped on them due to the residual damage. Weezing does a decent enough job warding off physical attackers with its good bulk, lack of common weaknesses, and Will-o-Wisp, but it struggles with competition from Mandibuzz as a physical wall, who handles Aegislash a bit better and can provide Defog/Knock Off support as well.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Weezing
    Focus Sash
    Sludge Bomb
    Toxic Spikes
    Gyro Ball
    Explosion.
    Meet Tropius, the once good Grass type nerfed in X & Y

Quote Originally Posted by sonnytapman View Post
    Weezing
    Item:Focus Sash
    Sludge Bomb
    Toxic Spikes
    Gyro Ball
    Explosion.
    Why put a focus sash on Weezing? It is bulky enough against physical attacks and not absurdly frail to surprise special moves to warrant it. I mean, I know Weezing has no physical STAB, but the coverage moves clash with each other. Weezing already struggles to hurt bulkier things when dedicating its offenses to one stat. Finally, I do not see how Gyro Ball offers any appreciable coverage Weezing might need that isn't covered by Flamethrower/Fire Blast or Shadow Ball. I think I can see what you are trying to do with this set, and the concept is sound, but the Pokemon itself struggles. Still good try.

Item: Life Orb/Payapa Berry/Assault Vest/Black Sludge
    Quiet w/ 252 Sp Attack, 252 Defense, 3 Sp Defense/HP
    Sludge Bomb
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt/Thunder
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Countering
    High Sp Attack w/ Psychic-type moves like Gothitelle, or Psychic Chandelure.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.