Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mega Lucario Discussion Thread

Mega Lucario will probably be near non existent in ubers as mega mewtwo, both forms, are stronger and have more speed and bulk while mega blaziken can sweep with speed boost and then theres mega kangaskhan, plus its less important to fit a mega on your team in ubers as most of them, bar the mewtwo forms, are close to as strong as other uber pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by McDanger View Post
    Mega Lucario will probably be near non existent in ubers as mega mewtwo, both forms, are stronger and have more speed and bulk while mega blaziken can sweep with speed boost and then theres mega kangaskhan, plus its less important to fit a mega on your team in ubers as most of them, bar the mewtwo forms, are close to as strong as other uber pokemon
    That's kinda what I was thinking tbh. I only mentioned the four move wall breaking set because that's really the only thing you can do...

This ban was a double edged sword. On one hand, OU is finally free from the wrath of Luke, and can be more balanced, while on the other hand, Mega Luke doesn't really have a place any more.

It may sound weird, and I doubt this would ever happen, but what if there was a borderline between ubers and OU? If there was one, who, aside from Mega Luke, would be there?

that would have been more effective last generation with threats like tornadus, landorus, and thundurus that were sub par, thundurus far less then tornadus therian. I dont think we will ever see one as it would basically be OU before bans

Quote Originally Posted by McDanger View Post
    that would have been more effective last generation with threats like tornadus, landorus, and thundurus that were sub par, thundurus far less then tornadus therian. I dont think we will ever see one as it would basically be OU before bans
    I kinda have to disagree on you with thundurus. Prankster really let him shine. Although I never used him, I came across him every once and a while, and he was a bit h to take out. Priority thunder wave is extremely annoying, and he also gets nasty plot.

Add in a good speed tier, and you're golden.

Tiers are really determined by usage while Ubers is just a ban list. Ubers isn't meant to be balanced so another tier between OU and Ubers would really be pointless.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

I know ubers is a ban list, and that the tier basically balances out itself. Im just saying that there are some Pokes who are too good for OU, but cant do anything in Ubers.

The issue is that Ubers is, by virtue, a banlist, and its usage stats do not influence the OU tier. BL is the place where Pokemon who should be statistically UU but are too good for UU are. Since Ubers usage has no effect on what Pokemon are OU, there is little reason to introduce a limbo between OU and Ubers. Besides, what would we call it? BL-1?

Anyway, M-Luke is just outclassed by a lot of other Ubers Pokemon, and will likely see little use. It's kind of like Deoxys-N, having no real niches over other Ubers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    I doubt this would ever happen
    Like I said, I doubt it would ever happen. Im just saying that it would be kinda fun to play with mini ubers and such.

On another note, I honestly see normal Luke going down to UU. His offenses arent that great, and his speed is mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Like I said, I doubt it would ever happen. Im just saying that it would be kinda fun to play with mini ubers and such.

On another note, I honestly see normal Luke going down to UU. His offenses arent that great, and his speed is mediocre at best.
    That could happen, but I honestly doubt it. With M-Luke and Genesect being banned, the metagame has become a bit slower. Since Lucario's main issue was its Speed (Its attack power is potent enough to excel at late-game sweeping), it can finally wreck face again as a deadly late-game sweeper. Most Fairies will be weakened to the point that a +2 Extreme Speed will kill them, Talonflame and Aegislash fall to Extreme Speed and Crunch, and not much else appreciates Close Combat, so it is still able to perform its duties with aplomb.

I can also see agility Lucario making a come back as a late game cleaner due to how slow the meta is as well as less aggressive than bw 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123