Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sacred Fire, Signature Move no more

Default Sacred Fire, Signature Move no more

According to Bulbapedia and Serebii, as of Gen VI, Sacred Fire isn't anymore Ho-oh's Signature Move, because now Entei is able to learn it too. What do you think about it Share your opinion, I will share mine there as well.

I personally like it and hate it, I hate it because if Nintendo and Game Freak were doing it, they should have done something similar with Lugia's Aeroblast to keep the "Counterpartship". It isn't as "Sacred" now that someone else gets it.

But I like it because it's good for Entei as it isn't hurting itself anymore with Flare Blitz, given that the power difference is minimal.

Ho-Oh created Entei. They are both fire Pokemon. Entei is literally a guardian of Volcanoes and all things fire. While Ho-Oh is a sacred, legendary phoenix that gave it life once more. While Lugia has no connection at all with the legendary dogs. Besides, Suicune wouldn't need Aeroblast anyway.

They should've given Zapdos Aeroblast since it was screwed out of Hurricane already.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Story wise as rocky said it does make sense.

My ownly beef involving sacred fire is that it's classified as a physical move despite being very similar in animation to special attacks
    Hard is the ascent but easy the fall.

Banner made by dwlr

Want to put the wonder in wonder trade? Click here.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...)-Trade-Event!

I don't like it when signature moves/abilities stop being exclusive at all. Even considering Ho-Oh is the trio master, it just underscores it even more why Entei shouldn't have gotten it (a member shares the signature move with the master?). Entei isn't even sacred, it was simply revived.

The only change they should have made to Sacred Fire is to make it a Special instead of Physical attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    I don't like it when signature moves/abilities stop being exclusive at all. Even considering Ho-Oh is the trio master, it just underscores it even more why Entei shouldn't have gotten it (a member shares the signature move with the master?). Entei isn't even sacred, it was simply revived.

The only change they should have made to Sacred Fire is to make it a Special instead of Physical attack.
    Again, both Ho-Oh and Entei are fire types that share some history. If Ho-Oh revived them with sacred power, why would it not teach one of the members who share a common element the same move? Also, you could say the same about earthquake. Why isn't it special? Why are Rock Slide and Stone edge not special too? I mean, they are rocks that got launched at the enemy after all.

1: Because Entei isn't on the same level as Ho-Oh, that's why. It should have been given some other fire move, just not Ho-Oh's signature move.

2: Earthquakes are natural occurrences in nature that's why they are physical. Same with rock slide (i.e. they need no real mystical property), but I'll give you stone edge.
    You should have just stayed with the Fire type moves argument to be frank, but even the description of Sacred Fire says it is a "MYSTICAL FIRE", which implies magical properties.

Hmm. I guess here I can agree that it makes some sense as those two Pokémon do share some relation/history (call it an after-effect of its revival) - of course, assuming that there is only one Entei (debatable). But in general I prefer it when species-exclusive moves remain that way - otherwise it just takes away something that further made it unique.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions | Song Parodies
    Snapshots

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article:
    Pokémon Places - Mt. Pyre! Learn how to avoid getting mugged!
    Avatar is edited, cropped pic by minty-fivestar on DA (adding backgrounds FTW!), and fic banner by cieux.

2: Earthquakes are natural occurrences in nature that's why they are physical. Same with rock slide (i.e. they need no real mystical property), but I'll give you stone edge.
    You should have just stayed with the Fire type moves argument to be frank, but even the description of Sacred Fire says it is a "MYSTICAL FIRE", which implies magical properties.
    Lame as it sounds, I'm pretty sure the only reason Sacred Fire is physical is because Ho-oh would have been screwed over with its signature move being special despite its much superior attack stat. Yeah, Fire was special back before Gen 4, but the way I see it, they saw the physical-special split as a way to fix that with Ho-oh, since it was then the only user of the move anyway. So despite the fact that everything about it screams special, it's physical, and likely that way to stay.
    Black 2 FC: 3654 9501 9964 // AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Spinda!

Current Hunts:
    (on hold)

I LOVED Sacred Fire's graphics in GSC !

Kinda random i know, but the whole screen flashed in shades of gold and the flames made the coolest noise ahah
    Sage Chow sent out Bellsprout!

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing to see it on Entei, but I'm over it now. Signature moves have been undone on many occasions over the years. It kind of makes sense - after all this years, the Pokemon are starting to adapt/learn newer moves into their learn-sets.

I wonder who's going to get Aeroblast? I can't see only Ho-Oh losing it's signature move exclusivity.

I really don't see it as a big deal at all. Just another move to make Entei better, right? At least they connected the move between the two- both fire, legends, one created the other even though the des states one is born every time a volcano erupts, they're both physical attackers, are in the same gen, etc. it really isn't a big deal and people who complain about- its just a move.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I interpret Sacred Fire's physical status as the user cloaking itself in beautiful flames before charging towards the target.

And since Entei was easily the weakest of the Legendary Beasts...

Only Chatter is an exclusive Move, as it's the only Move that can't be Sketched that's Exclusive.

Anyway, I don't see it as much a big deal, as Ho-Oh already has far too much specialty, and other, lesser, Legendary *coughPhionecough* Pokémon could use the boost of a new Move, as why Entei got Sacred Fire.

Also I think it's Physical because it's essntially a stronger Flame Wheel, it even has the same secondary effect of thawing the opponent.

Horrable. HO-OH AND SACRID FIRE ARE LIKE ASH AND PIKACHU!!! D: nice going nintendo lol

oh well i guess.
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

I'm fine with Entei getting Sacred Fire, at least it now has a usable physical Fire attack that isn't Flare Blitz. He probably might get better on the competitive scene as a result.

I also remember how the legendary musketeers of 5th Gen had a signature move in Sacred Sword, but now Honedge line gets it too. But at least it's justifiable since the Honedge line are based on swords, I'm okay with it.

Plus, we also have abilities that were once signature to one evolution line, like how Unburden used to only be on the Drifloon line but now there's a variety of Pokemon with said ability.

dream a little bigger.

pc | egc | tumblr

*Looks at his own forum name* :P

Personally I have no problem with it. I was actually excited when I heard. It's one of the coolest attack animations,
    my shiny Entei now has a usable stab move, and he will see some actual action in the Battle Maison now.

I think it's just a rumor, but around the same time I heard Suicune might have got Aero-blast on smogon. Again
    don't take my word on that.

Entei needed a better STAB move so I'm great with Sacred Fire. A 50% chance to Burn is scary. It might not be enough to make it to OU but out of RU is looking good for our flaming beast imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Well fuk u too

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    They should've given Zapdos Aeroblast since it was screwed out of Hurricane already.
    I totally agree. If Entei can have sacred fire, zapdos should have aeroblast.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Spoiler:- rate my team:

Looking for a Speed Boost Venipede, (adamant or jolly nature preferred, but not necessary). 5 or 6 IV's preferred too, but not necessary. just message me.

If Suicune got Aeroblast, poor little Raikou won't have anything XD
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Both Groudon and Kyoge's abilities are no longer exclusive to them and I think they have more of a reason for Drought and Drizzle to be exclusive to them than Ho-oh has for Sacred Fire.

I don't think it's a big deal either but I don't like it. They really should have given it access to flare blitz as a level up move in addition to earthquake via TM. Entei has always been held back by its stats and move pool. I mean the "best of Entei" had me using moves like iron head and eruption to cover up its lack of coverage moves. Then there's that whole eclipsed by Arcanine in almost every imaginable competitive fashion thing. 'nuff said.
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.
    The spring rush is here.

I don't see why it matters? Yeah, it was nice when it was exclusive for Ho-oh and gave it that wow factor, but it's not really all that terrible to give it to Entei, too. It suits them both just fine, and it is still an exclusive move of sorts, seeing as how only two Pokemon get it. (Sans Smeargle with Sketch, that is, but why would you even...?)

They're both legendary, so presumably they're both "sacred" enough for Sacred Fire, if that's what bothers you. Never mind the fact that Ho-oh did create Entei, so...

And the whole "Zapdos should get Aeroblast" thing... yeah, it'd make a similar amount of sense, although less so, since it's never outright stated (outside of the anime/spin-offs) that the birds actually do have a connection to Lugia. Either way, it's not too much of a stretch, either.
    Dark mono-type V?:
    Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova
    ~*~*~
    "If you want someone to sign a letter addressed to you 'With love', you might try asking someone who doesn't hate your guts."

I wonder who's going to get Aeroblast? I can't see only Ho-Oh losing it's signature move exclusivity.
    Well, nobody as of Gen VI, but if there will be a Gen VII, maybe Articuno... (What in the world am I thinking about?)

If they were giving Entei Sacred Fire, why that way and not as event-exclusive??? Such things were always done by events before this (Spacial Rend Arceus, Fusion Bolt Victini...)!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast