Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Shelter from the Storm! (817)

CUTENESS OVERLOAD

Now that im done with the review, this episode was great at showing why having 4 kids in the cast is. The first reveal of espurr was very creepy.

9/10

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Paradise View Post
    Dang it! I was hoping Ash was gonna catch Espurr but then this b**** heir comes out of nowhere and swipes it. Will Ash ever get a Psychic type?
    Nothing implied that he would've gotten Espurr though. Bonnie was shown with Espurr almost exclusively in the various previews and the episode itself was basically the adventures of Bonnie and Espurr from the beginning. Bonnie and the Espurr bonded so it would've at least made some sense for her to get it, but I wasn't disappointed that she didn't. At least the Espurr's story ended on a happy note now that it has that heiress girl to look after it.

One of the best episode of the XY serie so far. Well, that's what I think.
    The plot was excellent and wonderfully handled. It was not only creepy, but cute, sad and funny at the same time. This odd blend made the episode magical. I couldn't have put my eyes off of it! I really enjoyed Espurr's and Bonnie's role in this episode. They really stood out. Espurr's past was very interesting.
    Even if the settings for this episode were already used many times in the past, I have to say that none of the previous ones impressed me that much. I expected low for that episode and it really hit me hard when I saw it.
    Giving it the note of 9.5/10. Incredible episode. The only thing I'm complaining about is, once again, Team Rocket.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 30th January 2014 at 11:33 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Huh? Not really too sure what to think of think of this one.

Despite the title, I didn't feel this episode was spooky at all and I thought the pacing was rather slow. I also felt Team Rocket was rather pointless here.

However, Bonnie and Espurr's reactions were pretty good and I felt it was nice to see Espurr animated (I love cats). The old lady scene almost left me in tears. Also, Clemont and Serena's actions were pretty amusing to watch.

to tell you the truth at first when i watch this ep it was actually giving me the creeps but in the end i never thought the espurr also seems to be very nice with humans

After seeing the episode, I have to admit, Espurr was freakin' cute...hopefully people now can stop making those scary memes of it lol
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

Wasn't expecting much, but I loved it. Bonnie's interactions with Espurr were very cute and I liked the story overall.

The BGM remixes of Elite Four & Lost Hotel debuted. LOVED them. Also It's nice to hear the Laverre City BGM again.
    Let's go back to Edo... Together

This episode mixed comedy and a mature plot, one of the best episodes in XY so far. 8/10 the story of the old woman and Espurr was sad.

This was a real letdown, even for a filler. It felt like barely anything happened, they just went in the mansion, did a few gags, then heard Espurr's story and wrapped it up with blasting off Team Rocket and a convenient ending.

Espurr and its story were the only good things, but they were strong enough to at least boost this above the Sylveon episode.

Some pretty grim artwork problems here too.

Spoiler:- images:

I think the second one might be stock footage though.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 31st January 2014 at 3:03 AM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I'm glad they didn't advertise anything but the "spooky" aspects of the episode because it paid off. Seeing Espurr just being lonely was heartwarming and the episode was even a bit sad with the owner's death and her granddaughter whisking Espurr off the estate. It was a nice self-contained episode.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    By the way, the mansion looks incredibly detailed with all that shading.
    Yeah, I actually found the design of it creepy. The desolate facade and driveway were cool too.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Honestly, whoever animated this episode was incredible! An episode as well drawn as this puts every previous attempt to shame.. and the title card, no words, just pure eeriness..

Espurr's history with the elderly lady whom unfortunately passed was truly beautiful and I really enjoyed Bonnie's interactions with it. I kept secretly hoping that a member of the group would ask it to come along with them after I heard the heartbreaking story, but the granddaughter turning up to explain everything and take Espurr along with her was acceptable and once again, beautifully done. Oh and she drove a VW Beetle with a Pokeball as the badge, which as a car fanatic, I loved because it's just so incredibly European..

The only thing that slightly bugged me? Espurr's Psychic move affecting Inkay. That battle could've obviously been done better so as to make sense, but overall the episode was good enough to sweep that little issue under the rug..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

The flashback with the old lady gone...leaving espurr all alone...Oh the feels!!! T_T

This was what made the episode for me...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Well I finally watched the episode and it was better than I expected. The title screen was refreshing with the eerie music, and I liked Serena's habit of saying scary stuff and then closing her mouth when the others got scared too, although it got a bit repetitive after a while. I loved how Clemont was scared but still tried to rationalize everything like his theory that the lights turned on because of a sensor. It reminded me of Cilan's scientific approach to things. Anyway, I cackled when Team Rocket ran away from Espurr's ball; I especially liked how Jessie thought Espurr was a bakeneko and how she, James and Meowth were hiding behind a bed. Espurr's story was really sad and I actually teared up a bit, but I was glad that it easily sent Team Rocket flying. I'm not exactly sure why Jessie seemed so happy during that, but whatever. I thought Ellie's appearance at the end of the episode was way too convenient, but at least the Espurr got some closure and got to leave the Lisa's depressing mansion. This was one of the better XY fillers tbh.

I really enjoyed this episode; mostly because I was waiting for Espurr's debut. It was so cute! I couldn't believe how much Espurr smiled though, but I guess that's what made it so adore! <3 Love how Bonnie was the only one (unless you count Dedenne?) who wasn't really scared. Serena unintentionally scaring Ash and Clemont though... LOL As much as I enjoyed the episode, I was kind of hoping for something more. Not a capture or anything like that, but...something. The backstory for Espurr's reason at being at the mansion was likeable, but I feel like they could've done something more with the episode. Kind of hard to explain, but hey, I got a laugh or two out of the episode so that's okay. :P The highlight for me, though, was that anime-remixed Elite Four battle theme. God, that was my favorite battle track in the game, so I was really happy hearing it used in the series so early!

I think this was a fun episode. Can't wait to watch it again with subs!

Image by なべのふた
    This is all I need to feel safe and warm
    When we're together, that's all that matters

The way they weren't afraid to center the story around death gives me hope that they might tackle some of the darker stories from the games.

A good, atmospheric episode either way, although I have to wonder why Ash is still afraid and confused when this is about the twentieth time something like this has happened to him.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Since I first heard about the episode, I knew it was going to be an instant favorite of mine, and I was right, it's my most favorite Kalos episode to date.

Just watching that cute Espurr move around, smile, and play just made me "die of cuteness overload". There wasn't a moment that made it boring in any way.

It was one of the few episodes that I actually liked the 'human characters' as well, it was funny to watch Clemont very scared, and Serena making worst at times (as in scaring the group even more) - (can't wait for a 'distant future' for this episode to be dubbed in Spanish).

The part that really made me laugh the most (as they say in text speak: lol) was Team Rocket saying their motto scared to death, near the end desparately screaming the motto of fright. One of the few times I actually loved hearing the motto!

To be honest, my only sad & disappointing moments: No cute Fennekin in this episode - and Espurr didn't go with Serena (I was really hoping for this to happen).

Loved how they made the title card opening - sort of spooky-white lettering, perfect episode to watch on Helloween night!

For me: perfect 11/10, #1 favorite episode in XY - #2 most favorite episode in the Pokemon Anime (all seasons combined - #1 is still "Pokemon Harbor Patrol"). This episode made me love Espurr much more than before. It's no longer "death-like stare" or "emotionless" I kept reading a lot in other forums - laughs, smiles, loves to play.

Not related to episode - when I watched the first time I was playing with Espurr in Amie!
    Other thoughts while watching the episode:

Spoiler:- my opinion:

I had to watch the episode at least 6 times in a row, watching a 7th while writing the review. No amount of negative comments will make me like the episode any less.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    her granddaughter whisking Espurr off the estate.
    She was taking it to see her grandmother's grave. She was also going to renovate the mansion and move in there, and said it could come visit whenever it wanted.

I think most of you didn't really understand what was going on at the end there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    She was taking it to see her grandmother's grave. She was also going to renovate the mansion and move in there, and said it could come visit whenever it wanted.

I think most of you didn't really understand what was going on at the end there.
    Wow, that makes the situation even sadder than before. I personally assumed that Ellie was just taking Espurr away to live with her somewhere else, but I suppose it makes sense that Ellie would return to the mansion at some point since I'm sure the estate was passed on to her after Lisa died.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Wow, that makes the situation even sadder than before. I personally assumed that Ellie was just taking Espurr away to live with her somewhere else, but I suppose it makes sense that Ellie would return to the mansion at some point since I'm sure the estate was passed on to her after Lisa died.
    It was. The mansion was set to be demolished, and Ellie just came by for one last look-over, but after hearing what the deal with Nyasper was, she decided to renovate it and move in there instead.

I have to say, I really enjoyed this episode a lot. I wasn't expecting much for a filler but it was incredible. Very well done, entertaining, funny and sad at the end. I liked everything on this episode.
    Also I'm surprised that they talked about death in a pokemon episode. That's rare.

Oh, for those of you that don't know, TRio didn't try to catch Espurr, they attacked him because they wanted to leave the mansion and Espurr wasn't gonna let them until they helped him find the old woman. So TR attacked it and when they got sent flying they were happy because they were finally out of there.

8.5/10. Very enjoyable episode. XY is doing great right now.

EDIT: The animation was amazing.
    Last edited by Lucas MV; 31st January 2014 at 7:44 AM.

This episode was really good in my opinion. A lot of the music from the XY games were incorporated here, especially "AZ" and "The Legendary Pokémon Awoken". The thing that caught my attention the most was the animation. It was very good in this episode.

Was a good episode, i enjoyed it.

I wasn't really too interested in it and not much really did happen but i loved the scene beginning with TR being scared and Bonnie going with Espurr. The music and reactions to the characters in that part was insane, honestly that moment in-particular was great.

6/10.

The music that played during Nyasper's flashback was "An Eternal Prison" which plays during the story of the war, AZ and Floette in the XY games.

It sounds similar to AZ's theme, but it is not, well it kind of is not (only around half it played by the way). Anyway TPCI better keep it in the dub.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 1st February 2014 at 2:21 AM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    This episode mixed comedy and a mature plot, one of the best episodes in XY so far. 8/10 the story of the old woman and Espurr was sad.
    for me it might be more of a drama episode since it involves the history of espurr and the deceased or unknown lisa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post

Well, you're right. I know no Japanese so I kind of go by what's inferred here. I'm glad you cleared that up. Now I'm more hopeful for Espurr's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Oh, for those of you that don't know, TRio didn't try to catch Espurr, they attacked him because they wanted to leave the mansion and Espurr wasn't gonna let them until they helped him find the old woman. So TR attacked it and when they got sent flying they were happy because they were finally out of there.
    That's actually pretty funny and not the status quo.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast