Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Shelter from the Storm! (817)

Woulda been so much better if the writers remembered that inkay was part dark and utilized that to let TRio capture the espurr. Nothing is a better treatment for emo depression than a big dose of screentime.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Woulda been so much better if the writers remembered that inkay was part dark and utilized that to let TRio capture the espurr. Nothing is a better treatment for emo depression than a big dose of screentime.
    Huh, yeah you're right, although TR wasn't intending to capture Espurr, just make it find their way out of the mansion. But I digress.

I guess that's anime logic for you.

Well if there's things we learned from this episode; it is that Espurr can actually give other facial expressions besides the death stare, and can actually *beep*ing blink.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

I loved the BGM. Especially that beautiful grand orchestral rendition of Laverre City. I hope it gets released soon.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Finally got around to watching around this episode and I'm going to say one thing:

Spoiler:- Uuughhh:

Other than that, the title music was refreshing to hear and the little story...tis sad man. I still enjoyed Espurr being cute even with smiling. Overall one of my favourite XY episodes so far!

I forgot to mention how I loved how mature this episode was compared to others.

It's not often that death or sadness seems to be implemented nowadays in the anime (or if it is, it's done poorly in my opinion) but it was nice to see that this episode was quite eerie and even sad towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    I forgot to mention how I loved how mature this episode was compared to others.

It's not often that death or sadness seems to be implemented nowadays in the anime (or if it is, it's done poorly in my opinion) but it was nice to see that this episode was quite eerie and even sad towards the end.
    Now I'm curious to see how the dub would handle this episode.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Kenshader View Post
    Now I'm curious to see how the dub would handle this episode.
    Considering how obvious it seemed that the grandma was dying, I don't think much will be done to water it down more effectively than it already has. I too am curious to see how this will be treated.

Ellie was sort of a deus ex machina, which can only be attributed the episode's short run time and they used it up for the gags, which was hilarious by the way, at the first half of the episode, but damn was this a great filler. I laughed my *** off and the execution of the latter half was adequate enough to touch me heart. The feels man. I loved it when Espurr and Ellie got the final scene instead of Ash and co., makes it feel like the world seems bigger than our protagonists.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Ellie was sort of a deus ex machina, which can only be attributed the episode's short run time and they used it up for the gags, which was hilarious by the way, at the first half of the episode, but damn was this a great filler. I laughed my *** off and the execution of the latter half was adequate enough to touch me heart. The feels man. I loved it when Espurr and Ellie got the final scene instead of Ash and co., makes it feel like the world seems bigger than our protagonists.
    Deus Ex Machina? I don't see it anywhere, to eb honest.

Also, TV ratings: 5.7%
    My opinions: There are still lower than BW in early 2011 but they are decent to good. Notice that the average of the three episodes of the year surpass the premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    Deus Ex Machina? I don't see it anywhere, to eb honest.
    Ellie was unforshadowed, came out of nowhere at the end to resolve the unfinished business of finding what happened to the old lady that the gang offered to do before she came along, saved the house from demolition, and spirited Espurr away back to Lisa (her grave that is), resolving its primary character motivation that started the whole plot of the episode in the first place.

If that isn't a Deus ex machina I don't know what is.
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Oblivion's Wrath View Post
    Considering how obvious it seemed that the grandma was dying, I don't think much will be done to water it down more effectively than it already has. I too am curious to see how this will be treated.
    Tsk.

I'm still willing to bet they'll do something stupid like Ellie saying the grandma went to a different region or something. Dont underestimate how far some dubs will go to undermine death and violence.

Well, let's pretend the grandma was destroyed in an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    Tsk.

I'm still willing to bet they'll do something stupid like Ellie saying the grandma went to a different region or something. Dont underestimate how far some dubs will go to undermine death and violence.
    Grandma was sent to the shadow realm.

Is there any soundtrack released? I want to find that orchestrated Laverre City theme.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    Tsk.

Yeah just like they changed deaths in the Pokémon mov-wait, no they didn't, they just never say "die" and that's it.

TPCI will most likely have Ellie say her grandma is "no longer with them", just like she says in the Japanese version.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

It was a nice episode and Serena was adorable saying spooky things just to excuse herself a second later, I don't know why, but I think the part with the grandma on stairs will be edited in the US version and they won't use the word "death" in the dub, even if it was kinda obvious.
    Team Rocket being just there is always annoying, poor Pumpkaboo, it didn't even shared a little bit of Inkay's battle skills that disappeared this time,.
    But my main grief was how the animators butchered Espurr's gimmick making it smile and showing it's emotions (¬_¬), now there is no excuse, the Pokémon Amié feature portrayed perfectly all of Espurr's emotions following it's Pokédex entry and the animators killed it, seeing Espurr smiling and being openly sad made me glad nobody got it, good job, animators

The only thing I liked about this episode was when the Grandma died and they made it (slightly) emotional, which was nice.

Apart from that, ugh, bad episode: not as bad as the last three that preceded it, though. TR were the worst, though, just being plain annoying and feeling like they're there for the sake of being there in this episode.

Oh well, at least XY014 was a step in the right direction in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Yeah just like they changed deaths in the Pokémon mov-wait, no they didn't, they just never say "die" and that's it.
    I think anyone who has even the slightest amount of common sense could tell "gone" pretty much meant "died" in said films' dubs, and it's really obvious to figure it out.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 6th February 2014 at 7:04 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    The only thing I liked about this episode was when the Grandma died and they made it (slightly) emotional, which was nice.

Apart from that, ugh, bad episode: not as bad as the last three that preceded it, though. TR were the worst, though, just being plain annoying and feeling like they're there for the sake of being there in this episode.

Oh well, at least XY014 was a step in the right direction in my eyes.

I think anyone who has even the slightest amount of common sense could tell "gone" pretty much meant "died" in said films' dubs, and it's really obvious to figure it out.
    Dude, is there anything you like at all about any of the XY episodes or do you just like to complain? It wasn't that bad at all for just a filler episode. I like Espurr and I'm glad they were shown as a bit spooky more than cute. At least someone finally agrees that TR is becoming annoying like they were years ago. I wonder what made some people finally realize it now after all this time?

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Faker500 View Post
    Dude, is there anything you like at all about any of the XY episodes or do you just like to complain? It wasn't that bad at all for just a filler episode. I like Espurr and I'm glad they were shown as a bit spooky more than cute. At least someone finally agrees that TR is becoming annoying like they were years ago. I wonder what made some people finally realize it now after all this time?
    Dude, have you even seen my post in the XY015 thread before this one? I can complain if I want to about certain episodes I don't like, you know, and I like to complain when nearly everything in episode thread is literally blissful ignorance of the XY Series' faults. I don't care if it was filler or not: I didn't like the episode in general and felt it was bland and offered nothing new, tbh. I don't care much for Espurr, but I guess it was okay.

I realized they were annoying beyond belief in DP, and sadly this seems to have returned in XY.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 6th February 2014 at 7:32 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

A great episode. I honestly haven't enjoyed an episode of the anime for a very long time, but this one was fabulous! Espurr should have been captured though.

It was also nice to see Inkay and Pumkaboo. Mark my words, they WILL evolve.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Elite Four battle theme, I really like it. I hope they keep using it & not just for creepy/mysterious scenes, I'd like to see it in a battle or two. Even though Team Rocket were in it, it was tolerable. Bonnie was just intrigued by the Espurr instead of scared like the older guys.xD There's just something about the XY Group that enjoy more than others. For a filler episode, I enjoyed it.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

This episode made me want to wish Espurr was real so I could HUG IT! X3
    Too cute...loved the backstory here

So I just watched the episode with subs (yes I know it's not 100% accurate). And i like the episode even more. Two things that got improved with the subtitles were the story of the pendant and team rocket.

The pendant apparently was a gift from the old lady's husband who probably died at that point so it made the pendant a lot more special in the story.

And team rocket were actually smart in this episode, when they found espurr and figured out it was the one to blame for everything, instead of first trying to blindly catch it, they actually tried to solve the problem AND THEN when they found out that they would have to find the old lady, they couldn't be bothered to do all that work, so then they decided to try to catch it. Which kinda makes them still seem selfish as usual but still give them a bit of humanity trying to help espurr first.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Paradise View Post
    Dang it! I was hoping Ash was gonna catch Espurr but then this b**** heir comes out of nowhere and swipes it. Will Ash ever get a Psychic type?
    The same time he ever gets an actual decent dragon type

(Still sad he never evolved his gible. *grumble grumble grumble*)

Quote Originally Posted by Faker500 View Post
    At least someone finally agrees that TR is becoming annoying like they were years ago. I wonder what made some people finally realize it now after all this time?
    Its because at least in the first 2/3rds of the Black and White series they were actually doing something (which is why I found TR ok in Black and White despite the series as a whole being rather annoying). They didn't come out every episode and when they did they didn't just get autoblown to the sky. That and they weren't 1/2 of all the filler episodes and do the same crap again and again. Now they are starting to repeat the same Team Rocket annoying crap as in the Gen 4 series -___-

So far I think at least for X and Y they got the character formula right (I kinda like all of the side characters for once: Bonnie is cute, Serena is endearing, Clemont is kinda derpy in a nerdy way but not overly so). I just wish they would transition to the Black and White formula for Team Rocket and I think I would like the whole season a lot more.
    Last edited by DoctorDark; 10th February 2014 at 7:44 PM.

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast