Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Shelter from the Storm! (817)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    So I just watched the episode with subs (yes I know it's not 100% accurate). And i like the episode even more. Two things that got improved with the subtitles were the story of the pendant and team rocket.

The pendant apparently was a gift from the old lady's husband who probably died at that point so it made the pendant a lot more special in the story.

And team rocket were actually smart in this episode, when they found espurr and figured out it was the one to blame for everything, instead of first trying to blindly catch it, they actually tried to solve the problem AND THEN when they found out that they would have to find the old lady, they couldn't be bothered to do all that work, so then they decided to try to catch it. Which kinda makes them still seem selfish as usual but still give them a bit of humanity trying to help espurr first.
    This is why I think we need to wait for a good sub or even the dub episode to have a proper opinon. I've found that every episode I watched subbed or dubbed of XY, I find the episode more enjoyable than before. It wasn't really that way in DP or BW to me, but so far I've enjoyed pretty much all the episodes XY has shown so far except for XY015 which I still need to see.

It's the little things that make a filler episode enjoyable. Like Ash and friends being creeped out and trying to think of what is going on in the mansion. Clemont is scared out of his mind but tries to convince himself and the others that there's a reasonable explanation, followed by Serena saying something crazy and making everyone feel worse multiple times

I also agree with Supersonicbro that TRio was pretty enjoyable in this episode to me. Also I was laughing at James yelling at Meowth that it wasn't the time for jokes as they're running from Espurr because Jessie said something about a cat monster and Meowth said he's supposed to be that or something.

Espurr was also so adorable in this episode. The perfect amount of cuteness and personality. A nice episode to watch every now and then

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

This episode got a 5.7 rating http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-27-february-2 Pokémon continues to be the most watched anime in TV Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    This episode got a 5.7 rating http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-27-february-2 Pokémon continues to be the most watched anime in TV Tokyo.
    Well not really THE most watched, but one of them with highest ratings. ^^

Janovy, it's the most watched on TV Tokyo above Naruto, Ace of Diamond, Yokai Watch and many others. ^^

But yeah Pokémon XY continues to be a success! hahaha just take a look at that top 6, it's unbeatable lol

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Janovy, it's the most watched on TV Tokyo above Naruto, Ace of Diamond, Yokai Watch and many others. ^^
    Oh I see, well that certainly is true! xD I didn't get it the first time, sorry.

I felt sorry for espurr in this episode
    I have claimed

I think that this is one of the few times that I actually WANTED to hear Meowth translate for a pokemon. A so so episode but the pokemon that got introduced reminds me of Final fantasy, so I guess that counts for something..

My god this episode tugged at the heart stringas making a flood of feels come on out. This is the first time I think death has been touched on so much.

Espurr looked creepy in the fan art and the games but the anime made him so cute. The ending was weird however. I thought Espurr was going to vanish after finding peace or the women was going to somehow turn into the old lady.

As of the talk about ratings above I don't think ratings matter in 2014 or least not like how they did years ago with things like DVR and On Demand or even youtube.

Second time that a vampire was said in the dub and it was great

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Second time that a vampire was said in the dub and it was great
    Shocked we have had no vampire Pokemon. INB4 Noivern gets a vampire evo in Gen 7 XD

I wasn't expecting it to be such a sad episode. It's been a long time since the anime had this level of emotional storytelling, hopefully a good sign of things to come. And this isn't restricted to sadness but also when it comes to comedy, action, etc. A level of maturity I feel was last seen when DP ended.

The Espurr's voice irked me because it sounded like a bird to me. I'm glad Clemont actually has a brain to piece logic together, unlike how Iris was a nightmare fetishist and Cilan laughed at the idea of ghosts existing despite the obvious fact ghosts are actually a thing in this world.

Wait, what? Passed away? As in not even implying that she just went away somewhere? Oh, cheers! Maybe they'll start using the word "die" during the most critical moments... I won't hold up my breath for that. Still, this episode made me get the feels in the end.

Also... Smiling Espurr. Mine never smiled once at me.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    I wasn't expecting it to be such a sad episode. It's been a long time since the anime had this level of emotional storytelling, hopefully a good sign of things to come. And this isn't restricted to sadness but also when it comes to comedy, action, etc. A level of maturity I feel was last seen when DP ended.
    I'm glad the dubbers respected the audience enough to keep the sadness. If this episode had been dubbed 10 years ago they would have changed it to the old lady just being sick and the granddaughter taking Espurr to visit her in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I'm glad Clemont actually has a brain to piece logic together, unlike how Iris was a nightmare fetishist and Cilan laughed at the idea of ghosts existing despite the obvious fact ghosts are actually a thing in this world.
    I liked that too. I think this is the first haunted house episode where someone actually figures out that it's a Pokemon doing everything.
    Last edited by Lady Umbreon; 19th April 2014 at 6:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Umbreon View Post
    I'm glad the dubbers respected the audience enough to keep the sadness. If this episode had been dubbed 10 years ago they would have changed it to the old lady just being sick and the granddaughter taking Espurr to visit her in the hospital.
    People can bash the current dub all day long but they do seem to stay close to the japanese which seems to please some fans.

I don't know about any of the backstage stuff with companies, I don't look at spoilers or the Japanese versions. I just judge based on being a consumer of a product.

I was expecting, because no major events are happening, a formulaic 'enter haunted house, ghostly goings on, look it's a Pokemon, laugh laugh laugh, roll credits' I feel had this been BW that probably would have been the case but this episode caught me off guard in that respect. I'm going to try and hold off on expectations for future episodes but I have a lot of hope for the saga.

This episode was just as good as the original version. If it weren't for Espurr's dub voice, then I would've said this episode was even greater than the original one, but the cute "Nyapaaa~" was way better than the dub cry.
    I'm glad it still was sad. Like Lady Umbreon said, it would have been a shame to replace the dramatic side of the episode.
    It was good. They are making a great job dubbing the XY episodes. It still is my favorite XY episode, so far.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I just want to say that the English VA for the COTD was actually really good. However, I like the Japanese version of Espurr (although props for giving the purr to Espurr's voice; great attention to detail).
    Still Waiting for this guy right here:

MEGA TYPHLOSION

Props to Tommycase for making this beauty!

Something interesting to note even though it was very minor, the rocking horse was a Ponyta which isn't in the Kalso regional dexes. This could suggest XY will take advantage of the full national dex instead of just the regional dexes.

This was a pretty good episode. It made me kinda like Espurr a bit more since I had always found it creepy.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Yeah, I missed the first ten minutes but the rest was good. I liked that they kept some of the sadder pieces in and I thought they sounded fine along with some of the TPCi bits that were added. A solid episode overall.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

At first i was like "Oh it's the ever popular take-shelter-from-the-storm-in-an-abandoned-haunted-house-see-a-pokemon-with-a-room-full-of-toys-episode"

But once again the saga surprised me towards the end there. I wasn't expecting it to tug at the heartstrings the way it did. The part during the flashback where The Lady was gasping for breath, wow! And actually dubbed that she had passed away.

This saga continues to amaze me little by little. Definitely taking a new direction in the anime. I forgot, There's supposed to be a new team handling the series right or did i read wrong somewhere?

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    At first i was like "Oh it's the ever popular take-shelter-from-the-storm-in-an-abandoned-haunted-house-see-a-pokemon-with-a-room-full-of-toys-episode"

But once again the saga surprised me towards the end there. I wasn't expecting it to tug at the heartstrings the way it did. The part during the flashback where The Lady was gasping for breath, wow! And actually dubbed that she had passed away.

This saga continues to amaze me little by little. Definitely taking a new direction in the anime. I forgot, There's supposed to be a new team handling the series right or did i read wrong somewhere?
    I just thought it was new director but maybe after BW they wanted a new team. Really if we got a new team every saga that would be cool. Fresh ideas or at least fresh takes on some old ideas. I'm wating till the day they get fans from the old days working on the show since in a few years that is going to be possible since the kids who watched the old stuff are close to the age they could work for it now.

feels feels feeells at the end but a very good episode indeed, ive been liking all the XY episodes so far.

Best spooky episode so far. It was kinda funny how Ash and friends and TR ended up doing things that were freaking out the others. I liked James' behavior best out of them though.
    And it was nice to see Espurr too.

Great episode. But it was indeed sad throughout the time. Really sad that Lacy passed away (her coughing in the flashback foreshadowed her death).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast